997 RC Raceway
7888 Anthony Hwy
  Follow the WBO signs, do not park at the restaurant , go up to the hobby shop
3:00 PM on 07/21/2024
Hosted by
Contact Host
Format
Plastic

Only official gear from the original plastic series can be used.

View Rulebook

Type
Deck

Up to three Beyblades are prepared for each First Stage match, with Bladers switching between them.

Read more
Admission
5 cash

Venue Fee

This event will be played in the Shin TA and will allow near accurate reproductions of plastic parts. 

Please be advised that this tournament will make use of the following Ranked Clauses in addition to, or in place of, rules listed in the Format Rulebook:
Alternate Deck Construction (Multiple Beyblade Match Types)Combination Composition (Plastics):
  • Combinations in a deck must not share the same Attack Ring or Tip - a Tip being the part of the Beyblade which is intended as the main point of contact with the stadium floor when upright, be it part of a Blade Base or a standalone Shaft or Tip (eg SG (Bearing Version 2) Shaft, Customize Grip Base Tip). All other parts may be repeated.
  • It is legal to use the same physical part for multiple combinations in a deck, within the bounds of these restrictions. In this case, each full combination must be shown to the opponent and/or judge fully assembled in line with the rules of the Match Type in use.
  • Tips with a Mode Change which do not require disassembly (detaching any part of the Beyblade), or which share the same Tip in at least one mode (eg Dranzer S’ Spiral Change Base with and without SG (Free Shaft Version) Shaft) are considered the same Tip and may not be used on multiple combinations in the same Deck.
  • Tips which require disassembly for Mode Change may be used in their different modes in the same Deck.
  • Both Core ARs and Sub ARs may not be repeated across combinations (eg, one cannot use War Lion with War Lion SAR and War Lion with War Monkey SAR in the same deck, but can use Bound Attack Ring and Bound Defense Ring in the same deck as they are each considered a whole part).
  • Takara's Twin Horn Attack Ring and Hasbro's Twin Horn Core Attack Ring are considered different Attack Rings for the purposes of deck building due to being different component types. Other parts with brand differences such as Flying Defense are considered the same part and thus may not be used in the same deck.
  • You may use any Sub-Ring on Gabriel and Cyber Dragoon Battle Spec.’s SG Wing Base, even if it is used as a Sub-AR on the same or another combination.
We will also be banning the inverting of Storm Grip Base’s tip as that leads to a longer event time because tips fly out easily.

This Tournament is Sponsored by ChadWardenn on the WBO. There are no typical prizes to this event however each player who comes may try out his attack ring and base reproductions. These will be legal to use in the tournament. These reproductions vary, there are some things as common as fire cracker and some on the rarity of Mirage Goddess and the best beyblade Trident Vector. 

See the main Beyblade East 2024 thread at:  https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Beyblade-East-2024

Need-to-Know Information

1. Organizers, their Events, and Event Pages are independent of the World Beyblade Organization website or Fighting Spirits Inc.

Event Organizers are users independent of the World Beyblade Organization website, Fighting Spirits Inc., its directors, members, staff, or volunteers. Event Pages and Events are coordinated and operated separately from the operations of the World Beyblade Organization website or Fighting Spirits Inc, controlled solely by individual Event Organizers.

Under no circumstances will World Beyblade Organization, Fighting Spirits Inc., its directors, members, or staff be held liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages that arise from independent Events advertised on the website. .

2. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

This event has been approved.
Why do you allow near accurate reproductions of plastic parts? Could that open the doors for fakes to creep their way into the scene?
(Jun. 23, 2024  6:09 PM)Roh\bel Wrote: Why do you allow near accurate reproductions of plastic parts? Could that open the doors for fakes to creep their way into the scene?

It makes the format a lot more accessible as a good number of highly competitive parts like Square Edge are rare and/or expensive nowadays. Also helps in a few cases where some are quite fragile, like SG Grip Change Base.
I gotta say, I love Plastic Generation but playing against fakes isn't something I want to do. Who knows if someone is getting a lead piece or if there is something unusual about its construction that may make it break legitimate pieces. We wouldn't know until it was too late. I could travel to this tournament, but with fakes and the ability to play multiple Wide Defense / Wide Survivor in a deck really does make this seem... iffy.
You cannot play fakes. You can play faithful reproductions. We will check parts to ensure they aren’t fake. It’s not too hard to tell Hasbro & TT from 3D printed parts (and then those from fake parts).

The ability to play multiple Wide Defense/Wide Survivor is a quality of life improvement promoting accessibility. Being able to share a singular Wide Defense or Wide Survivor between three combos is significantly better than expecting players to go and purchase both Wide Defense and Wide Survivor. Plastics are over 20 years old now… time changes things.
(Jun. 24, 2024  12:36 AM)Mr. Palazzo Wrote: I gotta say, I love Plastic Generation but playing against fakes isn't something I want to do. Who knows if someone is getting a lead piece or if there is something unusual about its construction that may make it break legitimate pieces. We wouldn't know until it was too late. I could travel to this tournament, but with fakes and the ability to play multiple Wide Defense / Wide Survivor in a deck really does make this seem... iffy.

Fakes are not allowed, accurate reproductions such as the ones provided by Broyeeto and Fanplastic are
Anything that is not official Hasbro or Takara is a fake. A faithful reproduction would be like a Magic the Gathering proxy that looks indistinguishable from a real thing. The community despises them because it belittles the people who want to play with real products. No matter how "faithful" it can be recreated, the materials were not tested the way the officials were. They could have undetermined issues that can not be seen on the surface, no matter how close you get.
(Jun. 24, 2024  12:36 AM)Mr. Palazzo Wrote: I gotta say, I love Plastic Generation but playing against fakes isn't something I want to do. Who knows if someone is getting a lead piece or if there is something unusual about its construction that may make it break legitimate pieces. We wouldn't know until it was too late. I could travel to this tournament, but with fakes and the ability to play multiple Wide Defense / Wide Survivor in a deck really does make this seem... iffy.

The repros don’t have any lead.
(Jun. 24, 2024  12:54 AM)Mr. Palazzo Wrote: Anything that is not official Hasbro or Takara is a fake. A faithful reproduction would be like a Magic the Gathering proxy that looks indistinguishable from a real thing. The community despises them because it belittles the people who want to play with real products. No matter how "faithful" it can be recreated, the materials were not tested the way the officials were. They could have undetermined issues that can not be seen on the surface, no matter how close you get.

Technically yes, a repro is fake, but there is a very distinct difference between the repros being used here and something like TT Hongli. Reproductions allow people who wouldn’t normally play due to not owning parts to participate which gives a greater player count. Also lets them use competitive parts instead of getting destroyed by a few people who have some more expensive parts like Square Edge or Twin Horn
(Jun. 24, 2024  12:54 AM)Mr. Palazzo Wrote: Anything that is not official Hasbro or Takara is a fake. A faithful reproduction would be like a Magic the Gathering proxy that looks indistinguishable from a real thing. The community despises them because it belittles the people who want to play with real products. No matter how "faithful" it can be recreated, the materials were not tested the way the officials were. They could have undetermined issues that can not be seen on the surface, no matter how close you get.

If you do not like it you do not have to come. This is an improvement over the fragile toys from 20+ years ago that are rare and hard to come by. The “fakes” that are legal do not possess any lead in them as they are only plastic reproductions (no metal means no lead, also means no rubber repros as those are a little more finicky). The reproductions provided at the event will be legal, so even a brand new kid who shows up can play with a Mirage Goddess or Corona Saber and not have to pay 200 dollars or more to do so. I and many others believe this makes a fair environment to play plastics that is more faithful to the original intention. Other plastic repros not available at the event could be legal if it passes the inspection a judge/organizer does (this will include measuring the repro and original to see if there is a noticeable variance in size, weighing the parts to see if there is a weight difference, and other factors). This will ensure that the original beys will still be on par with their reproduction counterparts in performance for a competitive plastics environment. If you have any questions about how repros will be allowed for this event, feel free to ask.
(Jun. 24, 2024  1:01 AM)ICrazyEater Wrote:
(Jun. 24, 2024  12:54 AM)Mr. Palazzo Wrote: Anything that is not official Hasbro or Takara is a fake. A faithful reproduction would be like a Magic the Gathering proxy that looks indistinguishable from a real thing. The community despises them because it belittles the people who want to play with real products. No matter how "faithful" it can be recreated, the materials were not tested the way the officials were. They could have undetermined issues that can not be seen on the surface, no matter how close you get.

Technically yes, a repro is fake, but there is a very distinct difference between the repros being used here and something like TT Hongli. Reproductions allow people who wouldn’t normally play due to not owning parts to participate which gives a greater player count. Also lets them use competitive parts instead of getting destroyed by a few people who have some more expensive parts like Square Edge or Twin Horn

I do not see the difference. Both pieces are made unofficially. The only difference was that TT Hongli was around at the time of Plastic Gen so its incentive was to take money that would go to Hasbro/Takara. Other than that, they're both there as options for people who don't want to invest in genuine products. Quality is non-genuine, replicated to be next to indistinguishable without extensive knowledge.

Think of a Yugioh, Magic, or Digimon deck. Sometimes a card is 100 dollars. That's just how it is in these games. A bey piece might be 100 bucks, and there's nothing that can be done about it.

I wager that the attendance for this tournament is going to be low because people will not want to risk legitimate parts fighting against fakes. If my Twin Horn was broken by a fake Square Edge I'd be outright aggravated.

Edit - I certainly will not be attending, which is unfortunate because there aren't a lot of Plastic Generation tournaments around. I can't risk my pieces against the fakes.
(Jun. 23, 2024  8:34 PM)Friedpasta Wrote:
(Jun. 23, 2024  6:09 PM)Roh\bel Wrote: Why do you allow near accurate reproductions of plastic parts? Could that open the doors for fakes to creep their way into the scene?

It makes the format a lot more accessible as a good number of highly competitive parts like Square Edge are rare and/or expensive nowadays. Also helps in a few cases where some are quite fragile, like SG Grip Change Base.
There is already a very healthy second hand market for Plastic Gen. We have the in house market within the WBO, EBay, Japanese auction sites, etc.. If you have the resources to a 3D printer and printed parts, you have enough for authentic parts as well. We did not acquire our collections overnight. It took time, searching, saving, trading, traveling and most importantly, time. 

Sure, fakes/proxies can allow people with limited resources into the scene, but now rare/valuable pieces are no longer unique in the scene. Why bother spending hard earned money on something that withstood the test of time in any hobby?

Imagine buying valuable cards, like Pokémon, or Magic the Gathering, attending a tournament for said cards, and the opponent used proxy/fake cards against you. The experience has been robbed of its authenticity. I’d like to travel for this tournament, but not with fakes in the game. Good luck with your tournament.
(Jun. 24, 2024  1:09 AM)Roh\bel Wrote:
(Jun. 23, 2024  8:34 PM)Friedpasta Wrote: It makes the format a lot more accessible as a good number of highly competitive parts like Square Edge are rare and/or expensive nowadays. Also helps in a few cases where some are quite fragile, like SG Grip Change Base.
There is already a very healthy second hand market for Plastic Gen. We have the in house market within the WBO, EBay, Japanese auction sites, etc.. If you have the resources to a 3D printer and printed parts, you have enough for authentic parts as well. We did not acquire our collections overnight. It took time, searching, saving, trading, traveling and most importantly, time. 

Sure, fakes/proxies can allow people with limited resources into the scene, but now rare/valuable pieces are no longer unique in the scene. Why bother spending hard earned money on something that withstood the test of time in any hobby?

Imagine buying valuable cards, like Pokémon, or Magic the Gathering, attending a tournament for said cards, and the opponent used proxy/fake cards against you. The experience has been robbed of its authenticity. I’d like to travel for this tournament, but not with fakes in the game. Good luck with your tournament.

Yes, there is a decent market for a lot of beys, but a decent number of them (Zeus, Poseidon, Manta) are expensive. Also a 3D printer has a lot of utility outside of Beyblade, it’s not unlikely for someone to already own one, but also keep in mind that these parts are already printed and being provided for free by Broyeeto, I can’t imagine anyone is going out of their way to buy a printer for this tournament when they can just have the parts printed for free.

Not everyone has the money to spend on a format that’s rarely played, it makes more sense to provide the opportunity for them to play instead of them not showing up at all. I’ve spent hundreds of dollars on this and I think it’s great that people get to show up and use some of the expensive parts for free. It’s a great opportunity for people who want to attend but don’t own any parts at all or don’t own any good parts. I don’t think gatekeeping parts so that only the really dedicated people who spend a lot of money can win against people with no parts is really fair.
(Jun. 24, 2024  12:50 AM)#Fafnir Wrote: You cannot play fakes. You can play faithful reproductions. We will check parts to ensure they aren’t fake. It’s not too hard to tell Hasbro & TT from 3D printed parts (and then those from fake parts).

The ability to play multiple Wide Defense/Wide Survivor is a quality of life improvement promoting accessibility. Being able to share a singular Wide Defense or Wide Survivor between three combos is significantly better than expecting players to go and purchase both Wide Defense and Wide Survivor. Plastics are over 20 years old now… time changes things.
Wait? Faithful reproduction is not synonymous to fake/bootleg? Homie, do you know what synonymous are?

Yes, players are expected to go buy the pieces necessary to win. Your time argument is extremely fallible. Beyblade parts break regardless of age or format.
(Jun. 24, 2024  1:09 AM)Roh\bel Wrote:
(Jun. 23, 2024  8:34 PM)Friedpasta Wrote: It makes the format a lot more accessible as a good number of highly competitive parts like Square Edge are rare and/or expensive nowadays. Also helps in a few cases where some are quite fragile, like SG Grip Change Base.

As long as there are no performance differences, I see no issue. I play the Pokémon TCG and have a good number of more expensive plastics, and would have no issue playing against any proxies. I wouldn’t consider the market “healthy” for new players when many great parts, including the best attacker (Square Edge), cost over $100. These toys costing in the upper double and triple digits doesn’t make the pieces unique, it just hurts those with smaller budgets. Furthermore, the 3D printing equipment argument has several holes. They do not have to have the equipment, we are providing some repros or they could buy off of ShapeWays or someone who has a printer, use a printer on their college campus, and 3D printers are a much more versatile investment than a single top, despite being much more expensive. Finally, not every part has exactly stood the test of time. Square Edge wears and a myriad of parts have breakage issues. These parts often have lots of recoil and thin connections without much support, while also being made of 20+ year old plastic. Thank you for the insight though!
(Jun. 24, 2024  1:29 AM)Roh\bel Wrote:
(Jun. 24, 2024  12:50 AM)#Fafnir Wrote: You cannot play fakes. You can play faithful reproductions. We will check parts to ensure they aren’t fake. It’s not too hard to tell Hasbro & TT from 3D printed parts (and then those from fake parts).

Wait? Faithful reproduction is not synonymous to fake/bootleg? Homie, do you know what synonymous are?

Yes, players are expected to go buy the pieces necessary to win. Your time argument is extremely fallible. Beyblade parts break regardless of age or format.

You seem to be intentionally ignoring the difference we’re making between fake (TT Hongli type stuff) and the reproductions that are being allowed, so I’m just going to ignore that part too. Yes, stuff is expensive and breaks either way, does that mean we should gatekeep and keep the format inaccessible instead of making it accessible to new players? Seems like backwards logic just cuz you don’t want people to have the parts you spent a lot of money on for cheaper than you did.
(Jun. 24, 2024  1:33 AM)ICrazyEater Wrote:
(Jun. 24, 2024  1:29 AM)Roh\bel Wrote: Wait? Faithful reproduction is not synonymous to fake/bootleg? Homie, do you know what synonymous are?

You seem to be intentionally ignoring the difference we’re making between fake (TT Hongli type stuff) so I’m just going to ignore that part too. Yes, stuff is expensive and breaks either way, does that mean we should gatekeep and keep the format inaccessible instead of making it accessible to new players? Seems like backwards logic just cuz you don’t want people to have the parts you spent a lot of money on for cheaper than you did.

It is odd how you keep calling it gatekeeping. From this mentality it should be ok to play with fake Metal Bearing Drifts in unranked Burst tournaments, since the best piece in the game is also 200+ dollars.

If someone can afford to keep up with the X meta and buy those pieces, they could afford to go on eBay and purchase one or two of the more expensive pieces of another generation.

At the end of the day, a fake is a fake, and fakes are dangerous to play with because their issues could be unrealized until it is too late. It's sort of crazy that this is going over the heads of others, simply because they feel they don't want to invest in a game.
(Jun. 24, 2024  1:29 AM)Roh\bel Wrote:

Time… does affect things? Plastic and HMS don’t have the same design integrity as MFB or most of Burst. It also doesn’t help that plastic does get more brittle over time. Furthermore, they used certain plastics that weren’t as durable back then, which is mainly why the Uriels have GPS and modern gold beys like Drain Fafnir do not.
(Jun. 24, 2024  1:33 AM)ICrazyEater Wrote:
(Jun. 24, 2024  1:29 AM)Roh\bel Wrote: Wait? Faithful reproduction is not synonymous to fake/bootleg? Homie, do you know what synonymous are?

You seem to be intentionally ignoring the difference we’re making between fake (TT Hongli type stuff) and the reproductions that are being allowed, so I’m just going to ignore that part too. Yes, stuff is expensive and breaks either way, does that mean we should gatekeep and keep the format inaccessible instead of making it accessible to new players? Seems like backwards logic just cuz you don’t want people to have the parts you spent a lot of money on for cheaper than you did.
I am ignoring the TT Hongli argument because I own authentic parts. 

If I am gatekeeping, then, so be it. Would you allow fake parts in other formats with your same argument? 

How is my logic backwards? I own rare, valuable parts. I spent a lot of money on them. It’s not my fault other people do not have the resources. If you can get the same part that I have for cheaper, more power to you. But it better be real, if you'd like to compare it to mine.
Are we really arguing over beyblades that some nerds on the internet have decided that their childhood is worth 100+ dollars cause nostalgia. This tournament is worth all this especially if i am spending the 100+ to enter my 10 dollar entry and wining like no money especially not money that will recoupe cost of time/travel.

Hi i am new to the scene but am a avid tcg player using the logic of tcg proxies. Proxies are used yah know to test out cards people arent feeling or debating on that can cost 100+. I enjoy the fact they are providing a way I could enter without spending a uber ammount of money on a hobby that doesn’t pay my bills
(Jun. 24, 2024  1:50 AM)KyroGold Wrote: Are we really arguing over beyblades that some nerds on the internet have decided that their childhood is worth 100+ dollars cause nostalgia. This tournament is worth all this especially if i am spending the 100+ to enter my 10 dollar entry and wining like no money especially not money that will recoupe cost of time/travel.

Hi i am new to the scene but am a avid tcg player using the logic of tcg proxies. Proxies are used yah know to teat out cards people arent feeling or debating on that can cost 100+. I enjoy the fact they are providing a way I could enter without spending a uber ammount of money on a hobby that doesn’t pay my bills

If you own a new video game console, you have spent a good amount of money in a hobby that does not pay your bills.

The only reason you believe it has to do with nostalgia is because you don't understand the community. I got into Beyblade in 2019, and didn't get into Plastic Gen until early 2020. I have an abundant amount of pieces, and when I attended the last tournament I allowed people to use my beyblades and my launchers. It has nothing to do with nostalgia, it has to do with me not wanting my hobby pieces to be broken by someone who is using superior plastic quality on fake spinning tops.
(Jun. 24, 2024  1:38 AM)Mr. Palazzo Wrote:
(Jun. 24, 2024  1:33 AM)ICrazyEater Wrote: You seem to be intentionally ignoring the difference we’re making between fake (TT Hongli type stuff) so I’m just going to ignore that part too. Yes, stuff is expensive and breaks either way, does that mean we should gatekeep and keep the format inaccessible instead of making it accessible to new players? Seems like backwards logic just cuz you don’t want people to have the parts you spent a lot of money on for cheaper than you did.

It is odd how you keep calling it gatekeeping. From this mentality it should be ok to play with fake Metal Bearing Drifts in unranked Burst tournaments, since the best piece in the game is also 200+ dollars.

If someone can afford to keep up with the X meta and buy those pieces, they could afford to go on eBay and purchase one or two of the more expensive pieces of another generation.

At the end of the day, a fake is a fake, and fakes are dangerous to play with because their issues could be unrealized until it is too late. It's sort of crazy that this is going over the heads of others, simply because they feel they don't want to invest in a game.

We keep calling it gatekeeping because not allowing repros does lock several highly competitive parts behind large paywalls. Additionally, spending $20-30 or whatever every month isn’t the same as dropping $200 on a single bey. The former is slower, allowing people to accumulate their collection at their own pace and for the same total cost gets them several competitive combos, while the latter might net them a Corona Saber. Either way, that’s a $200 investment yet much less bang for your buck from a competitive player’s perspective. And yes, I would support an accurate recreation of MBD being legal for BST.
(Jun. 24, 2024  1:38 AM)Mr. Palazzo Wrote:
(Jun. 24, 2024  1:33 AM)ICrazyEater Wrote: You seem to be intentionally ignoring the difference we’re making between fake (TT Hongli type stuff) so I’m just going to ignore that part too. Yes, stuff is expensive and breaks either way, does that mean we should gatekeep and keep the format inaccessible instead of making it accessible to new players? Seems like backwards logic just cuz you don’t want people to have the parts you spent a lot of money on for cheaper than you did.

Calling MBD the best part is kinda crazy, but yes as long as it is an accurate reproduction and the tourney allows it I’d be fine with an MBD repro. You’re also making a lot of assumptions that people can or want to buy plastics. Also seems like gatekeeping to me, if you have another reason for being so against these accurate repros (which have been tested despite what you try to say) then feel free to correct me.

(Jun. 24, 2024  1:50 AM)Roh\bel Wrote:
(Jun. 24, 2024  1:33 AM)ICrazyEater Wrote: You seem to be intentionally ignoring the difference we’re making between fake (TT Hongli type stuff) and the reproductions that are being allowed, so I’m just going to ignore that part too. Yes, stuff is expensive and breaks either way, does that mean we should gatekeep and keep the format inaccessible instead of making it accessible to new players? Seems like backwards logic just cuz you don’t want people to have the parts you spent a lot of money on for cheaper than you did.
I am ignoring the TT Hongli argument because I own authentic parts. 

If I am gatekeeping, then, so be it. Would you allow fake parts in other formats with your same argument? 

How is my logic backwards? I own rare, valuable parts. I spent a lot of money on them. It’s not my fault other people do not have the resources. If you can get the same part that I have for cheaper, more power to you. But it better be real, if you'd like to compare it to mine.

You want to go to a tournament where you can easily destroy people who don’t have the money to spend on these parts, that’s the backwards logic. If that’s fun to you, you’re an organizer and you’re free to host it how you want, this tourney will still be allowing repros no matter what you say. I own rare and expensive parts too, that doesn’t mean other people shouldn’t have the ability to play with some of those same parts.
(Jun. 24, 2024  2:03 AM)Friedpasta Wrote:
(Jun. 24, 2024  1:38 AM)Mr. Palazzo Wrote: It is odd how you keep calling it gatekeeping. From this mentality it should be ok to play with fake Metal Bearing Drifts in unranked Burst tournaments, since the best piece in the game is also 200+ dollars.

We keep calling it gatekeeping because not allowing fakes does lock several highly competitive parts behind large paywalls. Additionally, spending $20-30 or whatever every month isn’t the same as dropping $200 on a single bey. The former is slower, allowing people to accumulate their collection at their own pace and for the same total cost gets them several competitive combos, while the latter might net them a Corona Saber. Either way, that’s a $200 investment yet much less bang for your buck from a competitive player’s perspective. And yes, I would support fakes of MBD being legal for BST.

Fixed your post. Believe what you want I guess. Enjoy the tournament. Hopefully people read this and at the least understand they will be competing against fake pieces.