Beyblade Colosseum @ Carolina Game Summit 2013, Feb.2nd 2013 [Goldsboro NC, USA]

on
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

To Register for Carolina Game Summit:

CGS Hotel Information

To entice Bladers to come from out of town/state for this, We will be offering 3 tournaments from Friday-Sunday. Also Recruitment sessions. We will have vendors on site.

Each tournament will get their own thread when time gets closer

And remember to read the Rules . It will make the lives of the judges a little bit easier.

Road to Victory

Beyblade Colosseum: Gladiators Unite!!!

Beyblade Colosseum

Colosseum: Prolouge & Destiny

Jobs/Judges

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Today was amazing. I met strong bladers and had good battles.
Long Story
yes, but what combos did you and the rest of the winners use combo wise
We had 48 people. People came from NC, VA, MD/DC, MA. Pics and all will be up tomorrow. Im tired now. Thanks for all the help. Ill post more about the event tomorrow. Goodnight hah
Congrats on such a successful tournament, and congrats to all the winners! It was great watching the livestream all day, and I'll have to go back through the videos and find my favorite parts. I can't wait to hear what customs were used/see the pics for the event! I wish I could have been there Grin
I posted a little up of what I used. Also who lost a SA165 EWD today? I found one on the floor.
That's really weird. I would've expected GF (Giga Flat) to dominate.
I don't think anyone had a GF tip there actually.
That blows my mind... with a simple KillerKen Dragoon W145GF could have dominated...
Wow, that tournament looked really fun. I wish I could've been there. Congratulations to *Billy*, stormscorpio1, and Thunder Dome for winning the tournament!
This was a really awesome tournament, it seemed very efficient and went very well. The Judges were fantastic Prubane, Dark_Mousy, and Primus were great judges the countdowns were truly fair and good. Odd Meta NC has compaired to MD in my opinion

I used 5 Combos in the tournament Total
MF-F Duo Bull 230BWD (My BWD's usage worried me)
MF-F Duo Bull W145BWD
MSF Gryph Dragooon W105CF (Only once and lost from Self KOs)
MSF Gryph Dragooon ED145EWD
MSF Gryph Dragooon ED145RDF

The battles were intense and many of them got really close.
If people wanted to know all the 1st place prizes were then

1. Destroyer Dome
2. Wing Pegasis S130RB WBBA Limited
3. L-Drago Destroy LW105LRF Gold Armored.
4. Dragen Diablo Nemesis XGrin
5. 2 BBG-(?) Random Booster Volume 1
6. Kickin Kiwi Frozen Yogurt Bar Gift card Grin Grin Grin
7. A Beyblade Plaque and 1st Place Medal.
The RBVs were kinda cool, I got _______ Ifraid T125GCF and _______ Saramanda 230WB

This tournament was amazing lots of tough bladers, I am unsure if I should have won everything got to love that luck factor of Beyblade.

I'm waiting for Storm Scorpio to pay me back 10 Fold, He beat me in the normal rounds but I had to beat him twice in the finals and it was heart pumping. From watching Arupaeo I learned how to KO things with Duo lol slightly kidding. I gave the Wing Pegasis to my brother because he took a likeing to it and today was my brother BlueJay's Birthday and he allowed me to go to this event, (complaining all the way...) But it was really cool of him to let me go to something he doesn't particularly like on his birthday, and my Mother that drove me all the way here from MD, I have the best mom ever.

Also, there was a wide variety of what Beys and Techniques were used, I was back to back with a Basalt BGrin and it was winning but I did some of my awkward launching madness everyone knows about in MD XD and won it, there were many fights that ended differently than the expected from blader skills and I don't think anything would have dominated from everything.

HUGE Thanks to all the sponsors or the prizes would not have been possible Grin

Also, HUGE HUGE GIGANTIC (allcaps) Thabjs to Insomniac I might not have won without the L/R String Launcher he sold me.
Wombat Wrote:Despite the fact my BB-10 was stolen, this was the best tournament I have attended. The winners were:
1: *Billy* MF-L? Duo Bull W145EWD, MSF Gryph Dragooon DF1O5CF
2: stormscorpio1: MSF-H Revizer Genbull SA165W2D,
3: Thunder Dome: MF-H Duo Aquario 230D,

I'm shocked that there's no RF-based Attackers at all!

(Feb. 03, 2013  1:57 AM)Bazooka Wrote: I hope BBG and Kei saw me say hi 2 them during the finalsSmile. Dark_Mousy, you are so awesome to have this tourney!!!

Were you the person who put his face in front of the camera? haha

Anyways, congratulations to *Billy*, stormscorpio1, and ThunderDome for placing; it's definitely quite a feat to do well in the Double Elimination format. And congratulations also to Dark_Mousy for hosting what seems to have been a hugely successful event!
There were to many synchromes to get a flash through, many people were unconfident in their flash capabilities a few brave people attempted attack but when the first one or 2 ended in vein no one used attack the rest of the tournament very much.
(Feb. 03, 2013  6:18 AM)*Billy* Wrote: There were to many synchromes to get a flash through, many people were unconfident in their flash capabilities a few brave people attempted attack but when the first one or 2 ended in vein no one used attack the rest of the tournament very much.

Diablo probably would have worked against most of them.

Although, I do understand how it can be more risky in a Double Elimination tournament to use Attack than it would be in Round Robin.
Seems like it was an epic event,although Wombat's BB-10 was stolen.
48 participants would be too much to handle
Your BB-10 was stolen? Wow I wouldn't of thought people from this community would do such a thing. Uncertain
(Feb. 03, 2013  5:47 AM)Thunder Dome Wrote: I don't think anyone had a GF tip there actually.

I had one along with bazooka
(Feb. 03, 2013  5:30 AM)Thunder Dome Wrote: I posted a little up of what I used. Also who lost a SA165 EWD today? I found one on the floor.

That was Bazooka's Thunderdome. Could you give it to either Primus or Dark? They might be coming to the Richmond tournament in March. By the way, perhaps you could tag along???

Thanks for finding it. Smile
(Feb. 03, 2013  4:11 AM)Wombat Wrote: Despite the fact my BB-10 was stolen, this was the best tournament I have attended. The winners were:
1: *Billy* MF-L? Duo Bull W145EWD, MSF Gryph Dragooon DF1O5CF, MF-L Duo Bull 230 BWD, MSF Gryph Dragooon ED145 EWD/RDF
2: stormscorpio1: MSF-H Revizer Genbull SA165W2D/MB
3: Thunder Dome: MF-H Duo Aquario 230D, MF-H Flash Tempo H145 RF, MSF-F Revizer Genbull SA165 W2D, MSF-F Killerken Dragooon SA165 EWD
I fixed the list. Also I didn't use MSF-H because mine broke.
Pruebame
I'll try to give it to Dark or Primus to give to Bazooka as fast as I can.
I had so much fun at the tournament! I got to battle really strong bladers and I did an ok job. I'd like to thank the BBGs for doing a beyblade video which was to inform bladers from all around the United States about the tournament. And congratulations to Billy. I hope you got great prizes. Thank you for battling me. And I made great friends. And thank you Dark Mousie and all the judges.
I had alot of fun, i'm not that into bey blades but i have to say that was awsome!!!
Congrates Billy, i hope you got something you liked.
Thank you bladers for battling me,thank you Dark Mousie and thank you all the judges for getting me back into the all action!!
(Feb. 03, 2013  5:47 AM)Thunder Dome Wrote: I don't think anyone had a GF tip there actually.

I did, i just didnt use it

Kei Wrote:Were you the person who put his face in front of the camera? haha

Anyways, congratulations to *Billy*, stormscorpio1, and ThunderDome for placing; it's definitely quite a feat to do well in the Double Elimination format. And congratulations also to Dark_Mousy for hosting what seems to have been a hugely successful event!

YES!!! You noticed me!!!XD

(Feb. 03, 2013  5:30 AM)Thunder Dome Wrote: I posted a little up of what I used. Also who lost a SA165 EWD today? I found one on the floor.

Thanks ThunderDome. That was my SA165EWD. I just noticed that it was missing when I got home.
I met beybladers who traveled from Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Maryland, Georgia, South Carolina, Virginia, Washington DC, and of course North Carolina who gathered for this event. Many were WBO veterans, but a large number had traveled to the event because of Beyblade Geeks and the CGS. Dark_Mousy, Pruebame, and all of the WBO players were good ambassadors of the WBO and over the course of the day, many new players were signed up for the WBO and now will use this site to look for future events.

The overal CGS event was huge and I was impressed with the production of the awards ceremony. The ceremony included a World premier movie trailer for the upcoming Liongate movie, Killer Holiday. The actors Scott Patterson and Rachel Lara were the hosts for the awards show. The prizes for Beyblade Colosseum winners were really nice.

The beyblade tournament was fun. The competition seemed unpredictable as different regions brought their unique styles to challenge opponents.

The path for the winners was not easy...
*Billy* went 10-1 with wins over Axel Phantom, Lester Kid #1, dr. leo, Bazooka, chefjoshhosh, Rockembopper, ilyashajra, Thunder Dome, and Stormscorpio1 twice in the final. Only loss to Stormscorpio1 in round 4.
Stormscopio1 went 5-2 with wins over Siliva, joeuser767, *Billy*, Wombat, Thunder Dome. Two losses to *Billy* in the finals.
Thunder Dome went 5-2 with wins over Wade246, Bazooka, Timwhite, Rockembopper, ilyashajra (3rd place battle). Losing to Stormscorpio1 in the winners bracket finals and *Billy*.

Dark_Mousy produced an amazing beyblade event. It would be awesome for this worthy tournament to have have a WBO facebolt awarded to the participants.
That post was great Primus. Thanks for looking over wins and loses to post what happened. The Facebolt part is cool, but I asked Dark and he said we won't be getting one. I forgot to talk about the ceremony in my previous posts. The ceremony was great. It showed winners other competitions and winners of those competitions. I was surprised people were so excited about Beyblade when they were about to announce the winners. In my opinion I thought most people were only interested in Cosplay and "Shoot em up" games. I'm glad my real name was announced and not my user name. Besides the movie trailer they also showed a few people dancing. It was nice sitting near the other winners and Dark. They put on a slide show of pictures they took (Most were people in line and a little shop there). I was actually in one of the pictures. My only complaint is that the Pre-Registered line was as long (If not longer) than the people paying there's line. Fun day for me.
Bazooka, can you tell me why you didn't use it?
I certainly had fun at the tournament. I lost to Wombat, then won 3 before going down to bazooka. Otherwise known as an average finish. Im surprised my Orojya^2 160CS did so well. Looks like Im retiring Basalt Aquario 230CS and making Orojya^2 my new Pegasis. Grin