Beyblade Care & Development (WIP)

(Sep. 05, 2015  12:27 AM)Bladerguy2 Wrote: Okay that's what o thought. I play on my room on carpet so I don't really need one.

Same, really don't need it either~
Carpet is better than tiles or wooden flooring, but it doesn't distribute pressure the way something like this does.
True. Butt the difference isn't enough to make me spend any money on it.
Carpets like that are litterally five dollars for a pack of four, but OK hah.
Does the Zero-G stadium work properly on that kind of mat? I can't play on carpet because it reduces the sway too much. On the other hand, launching into the center of the stadium on a hard surface probably damages my tips, so I'm looking for a happy medium.
What I do is I play on a softer wooden table. You could also just get a cutting board or something similar. A thin metal tray could work. But I doubt the mat will
I just play on my bed and add clothing on the edges incase any fly out, it'll make a soft landing.
(Sep. 05, 2015  12:55 AM)ZachBob Wrote: Does the Zero-G stadium work properly on that kind of mat? I can't play on carpet because it reduces the sway too much. On the other hand, launching into the center of the stadium on a hard surface probably damages my tips, so I'm looking for a happy medium.

I can see someone putting like, a thin piece of cardboard under the stadium to help that.
Those mats are totally fine for Zero-G stadiums. We use them all the time at Montréal tournaments. There are similar mats with one side that has more bevel and emboss though, so obviously you need to use the softer side up.
Mine weren't quite $5 — $12 for 2 grey and 2 black squares, so I bought two sets to make one black mat and one grey mat — but it's still not expensive. I'm surprised by the negative reaction to something I thought was so simple and obvious. lol
I wasn't trying to be negative. Just seeing if it's worth my time and money. And I don't think so since I play on thick carpet.
Just got these tackle boxes a little while ago.They are one of the best ways to store and access your collection at home even and definitely the best mobile way (If you want to bring a lot with you, which I would, because you never know what you may need! Lol).
Especially if you are an organization nerd like me, lol. [Image: 2yuackh.jpg]
In one, I keep all my mint Burst stuff, and in the other, I keep all my competitive plastics parts and combos that I use.
[Image: 2yoyj9k.jpg]
[Image: 119cfog.jpg]
The big one really holds a lot
[Image: 1j4tvd.jpg]
The best part is that you can interchange those boxes, which are really cheap (like $3-4 each at Wal-Mart, the cheapest ones they sell, in the fishing section). I keep my whole collection in them and these drawer things
[Image: 6nw8ar.jpg]
So, whatever gen you might be playing, you can just throw a few boxes in it, put your launchers and whatever in the top and go. It's so big you could even fit multiple gens. It even has spots on the top for quick access stuff. [Image: 2urtv2g.jpg]
I got them both at Wal-Mart. The big one was $40 and the small one was $20. Definitely worth the investment for the money you will possibly save by protecting your collection and convenience alone. The big one especially, should keep your stuff really well protected during travel. Plus it satisfies your organization OCD, if you have one like I do. Lol
Tackle boxes are a blader's best friend, haha. I've been keeping my collection in an old tackle box I picked up at a garage sale for $5. Money well spent!
I recall somebody saying that they never keep burst assembled so as not to keep the spring pressed down, but I cant see a big reason why this would really affect them. I might not be thinking about it hard enough but could somebody explain this to me?
(May. 04, 2016  3:02 AM)SAOKirito Wrote: I recall somebody saying that they never keep burst assembled so as not to keep the spring pressed down, but I cant see a big reason why this would really affect them. I might not be thinking about it hard enough but could somebody explain this to me?

If you compress a spring for too long, it will not be as flexible when it gets finally released.
(May. 04, 2016  3:05 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(May. 04, 2016  3:02 AM)SAOKirito Wrote: I recall somebody saying that they never keep burst assembled so as not to keep the spring pressed down, but I cant see a big reason why this would really affect them. I might not be thinking about it hard enough but could somebody explain this to me?

If you compress a spring for too long, it will not be as flexible when it gets finally released.
Well I understood that part but I cant make a connection to how that would affect the beyblade, competitively that is
(May. 04, 2016  3:47 AM)SAOKirito Wrote:
(May. 04, 2016  3:05 AM)Kai-V Wrote:

Well I understood that part but I cant make a connection to how that would affect the beyblade, competitively that is

Theoretically, the looser the spring, the easier it would be for the Burst to be triggered since the white part will resist being pushed down less.
(Sep. 03, 2015  1:48 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: I don't know where you live that something would get that dusty unless you left it in like the corner of an attic for decades. :')

Easy. Got a worn out RF? Sprinkle some dusty mud on the tip, leave it in the corner of an attic for decades, and boom! You now have DF, Dirt Flat... XD

Anyway, is this just a general care thread for only beyblades or beyblade products in general? I could use a few tips in stadium maintenance haha.
I have heard that rubbing a tennis ball on the stadium floor helps take out the scuffs. Haven't tried it yet, but seems like a good idea
(May. 04, 2016  6:29 AM)Zoroaste Wrote: I have heard that rubbing a tennis ball on the stadium floor helps take out the scuffs. Haven't tried it yet, but seems like a good idea
Yeah, a friend of mine shared the idea with me after noticing that the school janitor would often use a tennis ball to rub off scuff marks on gym floors. Sure enough, it works like a charm on stadiums!