Beyblade Burst Surge Anime Discussion

Yeah, the theme is not bad imo, but I'm just disappointed because we have gotten really good opening themes for the last 2 years.
Surge is a bad name, I think Spark would do nice. Too bad this is a 26 episode season.
From what I've seen a lot of people like the song, but a lot of people don't. I watched it by itself and it was okay i guess. But then I watched the trailer then the song after and it sounded pretty catchy not gonna lie.
Just listened to the song, and i think it is scalding hot garbage!! A total stepdown from Rise Rise Beyblade Burst!! It doesn't even feel like a beyblade opening but more a sad excuse of a hip hop song.
I honestly think they should have waited to release Journey Into Tomorrow and made it the Surge opening theme instead.
(Oct. 24, 2020  8:41 PM)TitaniumNinja74 Wrote: I honestly think they should have waited to release Journey Into Tomorrow and made it the Surge opening theme instead.

Yeah Journey Into Tomorrow would've made a better opening.
Ahahaha... ahhhh good one everyone, you almost had me. I legitimately almost thought this really was the Surge theme song... or else I'd be asking why it sounds so dull and lifeless. Heheh...

W-wait... so this... is the official theme?...
Okay, so I heard the theme song for Beyblade Burst Surge... and oh man, it's baaaaaaaaad. I'm sorry if I'm coming off as overwhelmingly negative here and if you like the Surge theme, that's great! Enjoy it! But IMO, this theme is really a huge step down from Beyblade Burst Rise's amazing theme song!

Whilst I'm not a fan of rap anyway, it just seems so quiet, boring and the rhythm and beat do not match the intensity of the Sparking season. This really makes Shogun Steel's dub theme and Power Rangers Operation Overdrive's theme sound like masterpieces in comparison. Granted, the rap theme suits this season more but it sounds worse for me.
Journey Into Tomorrow doesn’t really have the same vibes Surge has. Also, the more I listen to the song the more catchy it gets. Still a bit iffy on it being an opening though, but good song. It wouldn’t rank it above Rise or Turbo, but I think it beats Our Time and Evolution.
I should probably make it clear that I do not dislike the Surge theme song just because it's a rap theme (I mean I enjoyed the One Piece dub theme from 4kids). I dislike it because to me, it's a boring rap theme. If there was a bit more energy to it, I would've probably liked it more.

If this was just a standalone rap song, then it would just be average but as a theme song, it's bizarre. Yeah, it's something different and I appreciate it for trying, but sometimes being different just for the sake of different can backfire... hard.

Whether this theme will end up growing on me (like the Evolution, Gachi and Sparking theme eventually did) or not, I guess I'll have to wait until the future I suppose.
Ngl you guys are overreacting the sound and beat is decent but the way they used it is not good.
Yuck! The Beyblade Surge English dub opening theme is just... no. Absolutely just no.
adding on to what i said earlier

the reason i hate this opening is because i does not fit Sparking/Surge, it honestly sounds like they held Tekashi 6ix9ine hostage and forced him to sing this song. the fact it sounds like ShoGun Steels dub opening makes me wanna REEEE.

they should just redo the entire opening and forget this travesty of an opening ever existed.
Literally, every other Beyblade theme I have heard beats this one. This is the worst theme we have had so far, even if the song is average standalone. I hope it gets enough negative feedback so that Sunright changes the theme song, but it does not seem like they listen to anything the fans have to say, so I guess we are stuck with this theme.
(Oct. 25, 2020  12:15 AM)BuilderROB Wrote: Literally, every other Beyblade theme I have heard beats this one. This is the worst theme we have had so far, even if the song is average standalone. I hope it gets enough negative feedback so that Sunright changes the theme song, but it does not seem like they listen to anything the fans have to say, so I guess we are stuck with this theme.

Whilst I don't like the theme song either, I'm more hoping that the English Dub at least turns out to be good (which I think it will, since the Burst seasons tend to have good English Dubs). And I doubt they would change the theme song anyway.
(Oct. 25, 2020  12:28 AM)Achilles25 Wrote: but is their anyway hasbro can change it

Probably not, the only thing we can do is either just learn to tolerate the theme song or just skip it when watching the dub.
I honestly hope that the full version saves the song and makes it sound so much better, but I doubt it.
But after hearing the theme a few more times, it is growing on me, but it is still my second least favorite theme.

And even if ADK does decide to change the theme, they have about 2 months to do so, but I highly doubt it and we are probably stuck with the current theme.
The song for surge is good but it doesn’t fit. If it fit together it would be good but it seems not synced
Here's my extensive review of the song

1. Vocals 9/10
You can tell the singer is experienced and delivers each line well

2. Lyrics 7/10
The lyrics fit well with the Surge season but are also somewhat corny.

3. Music 6.5/10
Its good and fits with everything else, it just needs to be more energetic.

4. Visuals 8/10
Visuals are a great mix of the Japanese ending, introduction, and opening. It also goes well with the song itself.

5. Overall rating 30.5/40
Besides needing to be more energetic, the song is pretty good and catchy. Also seems like the type to grow on you the more you listen to it. As a theme song is a bit weird, but it does do a decent job of being one.
(Oct. 25, 2020  1:46 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote: Here's my extensive review of the song

1. Vocals 9/10

2. Lyrics 7/10

3. Music 6.5/10

4. Visuals 8/10
Visuals are a great mix of the Japanese ending, introduction, and opening. It also goes well with the song itself.

Besides needing to be more energetic, the song is pretty good and catchy. Also seems like the type to grow on you the more you listen to it. As a theme song is a bit weird, but it does do a decent job of being one.
Yeah I saw that I agree on the visuals I agree on the lyrics but it isn’t too corny in my opinion and the vocals are super good the only part that I hate about it it’s just it doesn’t seem to fit with the frames like other seasons did
(Oct. 25, 2020  1:52 AM)AlexTheBlader Wrote:
(Oct. 25, 2020  1:46 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote: Here's my extensive review of the song

1. Vocals 9/10

2. Lyrics 7/10

3. Music 6.5/10

4. Visuals 8/10

Yeah I saw that I agree on the visuals I agree on the lyrics but it isn’t too corny in my opinion and the vocals are super good the only part that I hate about it it’s just it doesn’t seem to fit with the frames like other seasons did
Yeah, the animation they show fit with the beat, but they could pick better ones. I would also like to see some more character outside the running thing.
Just heard the surge theme and I feel like as a stand-alone song it’s a decent hip hop song but as a theme song I feel it’s too quite. Usually themes are more upbeat and this subtlety and quiet atmosphere of this song doesn’t really fit the intensity of surge.
Here is how I think they can improve visuals.

As for the song itself, the lyrics are good and the beat is good as well. Surprisingly not very corny beyblade hip hop song. Anyways the singer could put some more energy into
the lines though, but even without the energy each line is delivered well. You can tell the singer is experienced.
As soon as I heard that weird hip hop beat from the beginning of the Sparking trailer, I already knew the opening would be very sus.

It was bad. A bad rap. Not like Shogun Steel, which was actually good and sort of fit the theme.