Beyblade Burst Sparking Episode #39 (December 18, 2020)

(Dec. 22, 2020  12:44 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Dec. 22, 2020  12:37 AM)Valtryek Aoi Wrote: The anime isn't that detailed on things such as that. Dragon caught Valkyrie off guard setting up for Longinus. Nothing he could have done about that no matter how you swing it.

The anime DOES take things like that into account. Dragon caught Valtryek off guard, yes. Valt could have taken into consideration "Hey, Dragon's over ther. He's doing nothing, kind of suspicious. He might come over here for a sneak attack. I should do his then." It's not like Planning for a possible attack isn't a thing that can happen. When Roktavor was being attacked Hikaru took that into consideration already and smashed into Roktavor, bounding them both away and making Dragon and Valtryek smash into eachother. Valt is 3 years older than Hikaru at the very least, he should know better.

What, so you're trying to say that Valt could take on two opponents at once? It's true that he focused on Longinus, but you gotta work on one thing at a time. He was already in a bad situation with a 2v1, so you can't blame him there. Even if he'd managed to knock one of them out, the other would swoop in and easily finish him. Nothing else to it.
(Dec. 22, 2020  12:46 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote: Didn't consider that Dragon might do something and just went in. Even when Valt initially decided to go in for the attack Dragon was off to the side, waiting. Valt had so much time to take Dragon coming in into consideration and he did nothing.

Wasn't Valt double teamed so anyway it was way too quick for him to dodge the attack
(Dec. 22, 2020  12:46 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote: Didn't consider that Dragon might do something and just went in. Even when Valt initially decided to go in for the attack Dragon was off to the side, waiting. Valt had so much time to take Dragon coming in into consideration and he did nothing.

Woah there, never said that Valt was immortal bruh. Just said that he didn't have much room to breathe to begin with.
(Dec. 22, 2020  12:41 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Dec. 22, 2020  12:34 AM)Admiral W Wrote: Honestly I don't see how he could have gotten around Roktavor's strength aside from doing a joint attack which they did in the beginning.

They could set him up where He's in the center and Valtryek is circling around. Valtryek takes Luinor and Dragon goes down, taking the bait. Then Valtryek bounds Luinor at Dragon, Glide Tornado keeps the 2 in place, and Valtryek and Roktavor go for a scissor attack. 

This is just one example. Its not that hard to account for one person not being attack centered, you just have to use their abilities accordingly.

Roktavor wouldn't have been able to get into the center due to the storm plate. Also that would have left Valt to take on Lui and Dante by himself just as what ended up happening in the episode. In addition Lui and Drum probably would have attacked Valtryek at the same time while Roktavor was in the center giving us the same result we got in the episode.
They used a valid strategy, and you guys get all pissy about it. What do you want Dante and Lui to do, use baseless plot armor? Dragon knocking Valtryek off balance to it wobbles to an angle for Luinor's upper attack to do maximum damage is smart. Valt didn't see it coming. That's it, the end. Valt could've gone for Dragon, its slightly weaker and he could set himself up in a more favorable situation if he can get both of them on the other side to get some space. He could have realized Dragon could potentially do something and backed off, or just go in faster to dodge any attacks.

(Dec. 22, 2020  12:47 AM)Valtryek Aoi Wrote:
(Dec. 22, 2020  12:44 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote: The anime DOES take things like that into account. Dragon caught Valtryek off guard, yes. Valt could have taken into consideration "Hey, Dragon's over ther. He's doing nothing, kind of suspicious. He might come over here for a sneak attack. I should do his then." It's not like Planning for a possible attack isn't a thing that can happen. When Roktavor was being attacked Hikaru took that into consideration already and smashed into Roktavor, bounding them both away and making Dragon and Valtryek smash into eachother. Valt is 3 years older than Hikaru at the very least, he should know better.

What, so you're trying to say that Valt could take on two opponents at once? It's true that he focused on Longinus, but you gotta work on one thing at a time. He was already in a bad situation with a 2v1, so you can't blame him there. Even if he'd managed to knock one of them out, the other would swoop in and easily finish him. Nothing else to it.

I'm not saying he can take 2 opponents at once, I'm saying its his fault for not noticing Dragon could potentially do something.
Dragon is heavy and Longinus is Idk what powerful
(Dec. 22, 2020  12:47 AM)Sahaj Buttar Wrote:
(Dec. 22, 2020  12:46 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote: Didn't consider that Dragon might do something and just went in. Even when Valt initially decided to go in for the attack Dragon was off to the side, waiting. Valt had so much time to take Dragon coming in into consideration and he did nothing.

Wasn't Valt double teamed so anyway it was way too quick for him to dodge the attack

He could've thought that hey, maybe Dragon who's off to the side doing nothing (already suspicious) might do something. So if I get out of the way now, there will be no attack.
(Dec. 22, 2020  12:46 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote: Didn't consider that Dragon might do something and just went in. Even when Valt initially decided to go in for the attack Dragon was off to the side, waiting. Valt had so much time to take Dragon coming in into consideration and he did nothing.

Valt was smacking Drum with no difficulty I’m surprised Dragon didn’t burst not only that it seemed like Valt was bound to push dragon into the wall and out the stadium until Ragnarok accidentally took the hit instead I don’t care if Valt losses I loved the episode it was funny how they needed to tag team on Valt I do wished he can finally beat Lui but it was a enjoyable episode hope Lean can finally take a Loss bc his battles with Shu are just going to get boring if he keeps winning over and over
(Dec. 22, 2020  12:48 AM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Dec. 22, 2020  12:41 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote: They could set him up where He's in the center and Valtryek is circling around. Valtryek takes Luinor and Dragon goes down, taking the bait. Then Valtryek bounds Luinor at Dragon, Glide Tornado keeps the 2 in place, and Valtryek and Roktavor go for a scissor attack. 

This is just one example. Its not that hard to account for one person not being attack centered, you just have to use their abilities accordingly.

Roktavor wouldn't have been able to get into the center due to the storm plate. Also that would have left Valt to take on Lui and Dante by himself just as what ended up happening in the episode. In addition Lui and Drum probably would have attacked Valtryek at the same time while Roktavor was in the center giving us the same result we got in the episode.

He could be circulating around the center, jumping in and out of the storm plate gaining boosts each time. Also the whole point is that Valtryek holds off Luinor, and Dragon goes for Roktavor, taking the bait.

(Dec. 22, 2020  12:51 AM)BeybladeX100 Wrote:

Valt was smacking Drum with no difficulty I’m surprised Dragon didn’t burst not only that it seemed like Valt was bound to push dragon into the wall and out the stadium until Ragnarok accidentally took the hit instead I don’t care if Valt losses I loved the episode it was funny how they needed to tag team on Valt I do wished he can finally beat Lui but it was a enjoyable episode hope Lean can finally take a Loss bc his battles with Shu are just going to get boring if he keeps winning over and over

Dragon hit Valt with an attack Valt wasn't expecting, and it wasn't just a random head on attack, it was to knock Valtryek off balance. If Valt wasn't expecting teh attack to happen, there's nothing he could do.
(Dec. 22, 2020  12:49 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote: They used a valid strategy, and you guys get all pissy about it. What do you want Dante and Lui to do, use baseless plot armor? Dragon knocking Valtryek off balance to it wobbles to an angle for Luinor's upper attack to do maximum damage is smart. Valt didn't see it coming. That's it, the end. Valt could've gone for Dragon, its slightly weaker and he could set himself up in a more favorable situation if he can get both of them on the other side to get some space. He could have realized Dragon could potentially do something and backed off, or just go in faster to dodge any attacks.

(Dec. 22, 2020  12:47 AM)Valtryek Aoi Wrote: What, so you're trying to say that Valt could take on two opponents at once? It's true that he focused on Longinus, but you gotta work on one thing at a time. He was already in a bad situation with a 2v1, so you can't blame him there. Even if he'd managed to knock one of them out, the other would swoop in and easily finish him. Nothing else to it.

I'm not saying he can take 2 opponents at once, I'm saying its his fault for not noticing Dragon could potentially do something.

Not pissy. Lui and Drum did an excellent job. No one is taking that from them. What I'm saying is that Valt had the weakest link in the form of his tag partner. Which was a large part of why they lost the match. Valt was really in a tight space given how little he had to work with.
Did the storm plate give anyone a disadvantage?
(Dec. 22, 2020  12:53 AM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Dec. 22, 2020  12:49 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote: They used a valid strategy, and you guys get all pissy about it. What do you want Dante and Lui to do, use baseless plot armor? Dragon knocking Valtryek off balance to it wobbles to an angle for Luinor's upper attack to do maximum damage is smart. Valt didn't see it coming. That's it, the end. Valt could've gone for Dragon, its slightly weaker and he could set himself up in a more favorable situation if he can get both of them on the other side to get some space. He could have realized Dragon could potentially do something and backed off, or just go in faster to dodge any attacks.

Not pissy. Lui and Drum did an excellent job. No one is taking that from them. What I'm saying is that Valt had the weakest link in the form of his tag partner. Which was large part of why they lost the match. Valt was really in a tight space given how little he had to work with.

Nothing was stopping him from noticing Dante on the side and that he could do something. Butt he didn't. Its his fault. It's not like "Valt had no choice, he couldn't win anyway." He just straight up didn't plan accordingly for whatever reason. Maybe he got a big dumb during the battle idk. When you're going against 2 opponents at once obviously you're gonna keep tabs on both of them, but he didn't.
(Dec. 22, 2020  12:52 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Dec. 22, 2020  12:48 AM)Admiral W Wrote: Roktavor wouldn't have been able to get into the center due to the storm plate. Also that would have left Valt to take on Lui and Dante by himself just as what ended up happening in the episode. In addition Lui and Drum probably would have attacked Valtryek at the same time while Roktavor was in the center giving us the same result we got in the episode.

He could be circulating around the center, jumping in and out of the storm plate gaining boosts each time. Also the whole point is that Valtryek holds off Luinor, and Dragon goes for Roktavor, taking the bait.

(Dec. 22, 2020  12:51 AM)BeybladeX100 Wrote: Valt was smacking Drum with no difficulty I’m surprised Dragon didn’t burst not only that it seemed like Valt was bound to push dragon into the wall and out the stadium until Ragnarok accidentally took the hit instead I don’t care if Valt losses I loved the episode it was funny how they needed to tag team on Valt I do wished he can finally beat Lui but it was a enjoyable episode hope Lean can finally take a Loss bc his battles with Shu are just going to get boring if he keeps winning over and over

Dragon hit Valt with an attack Valt wasn't expecting, and it wasn't just a random head on attack, it was to knock Valtryek off balance. If Valt wasn't expecting teh attack to happen, there's nothing he could do.

That's if Dragon would have even taken that bait. Don't think they'd go that way. The smarter move for Lui and Drum in a situation like that would be to tag team Valt thereby getting rid of the biggest challenge to their victory and then taking out Roktavor with ease.
(Dec. 22, 2020  12:56 AM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Dec. 22, 2020  12:52 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote: He could be circulating around the center, jumping in and out of the storm plate gaining boosts each time. Also the whole point is that Valtryek holds off Luinor, and Dragon goes for Roktavor, taking the bait.

That's if Dragon would have even taken that bait. Don't think they'd go that way. The smarter move for Lui and Drum in a situation like that would be to tag team Valt thereby getting rid of the biggest challenge to their victory and then taking out Roktavor with ease.

Dragon would take the bait. Dante is big dumb. Luinor can probably take on Valt, he has trust in Lui. Also he wouldn't just let Roktavor speed up and power up and do nothing on the side. Even if they both got Valt, by then Roktavor would be super powered and they wouldn't know how to approach it with it being, way stronger than before.
(Dec. 22, 2020  12:51 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Dec. 22, 2020  12:47 AM)Sahaj Buttar Wrote: Wasn't Valt double teamed so anyway it was way too quick for him to dodge the attack

He could've thought that hey, maybe Dragon who's off to the side doing nothing (already suspicious) might do something. So if I get out of the way now, there will be no attack.

He had no time it was too quick
(Dec. 22, 2020  1:00 AM)Sahaj Buttar Wrote:
(Dec. 22, 2020  12:51 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote: He could've thought that hey, maybe Dragon who's off to the side doing nothing (already suspicious) might do something. So if I get out of the way now, there will be no attack.

He had no time it was too quick

He could have prepared before though. He saw Dragon off to the side but just didn't care about it. He should be keeping tabs on both of them since he's in a 2 v 1 situation but wasn't.
(Dec. 22, 2020  1:02 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Dec. 22, 2020  1:00 AM)Sahaj Buttar Wrote: He had no time it was too quick

He could have prepared before though. He saw Dragon off to the side but just didn't care about it. He should be keeping tabs on both of them since he's in a 2 v 1 situation but wasn't.

I mean even if he dodged it he still would have lost
2 v 1 situations never turn out good and everyone knows that. Valt clearly never stood a chance
(Dec. 22, 2020  1:03 AM)EarthHelios Wrote: 2 v 1 situations never turn out good and everyone knows that. Valt clearly never stood a chance

Yeah I mean it was too difficult
(Dec. 22, 2020  1:03 AM)Sahaj Buttar Wrote:
(Dec. 22, 2020  1:02 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote: He could have prepared before though. He saw Dragon off to the side but just didn't care about it. He should be keeping tabs on both of them since he's in a 2 v 1 situation but wasn't.

I mean even if he dodged it he still would have lost

The out come might still be the same, but losing in that way was easily avoidable.
(Dec. 22, 2020  12:58 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Dec. 22, 2020  12:56 AM)Admiral W Wrote: That's if Dragon would have even taken that bait. Don't think they'd go that way. The smarter move for Lui and Drum in a situation like that would be to tag team Valt thereby getting rid of the biggest challenge to their victory and then taking out Roktavor with ease.

Dragon would take the bait. Dante is big dumb. Luinor can probably take on Valt, he has trust in Lui. Also he wouldn't just let Roktavor speed up and pwoer up and do nothing on the side. Even if they both got Valt, by then Roktavor would be super powered and they wouldn't know how o approach it with it being, way stronger than before.
Dante is an intelligent blader. He wouldn't have fell for that. In addition, they know Valt's caliber and wouldn't have left that to chance if they didn't have to. As for Roktavor powering up, he wouldn't have been able to because the plate was spinning the opposite way. Even if he had been able to, there's no way he would have been able to take on Dante and Lui by himself even with the power up and they would have known that.
(Dec. 22, 2020  1:03 AM)Sahaj Buttar Wrote:
(Dec. 22, 2020  1:03 AM)EarthHelios Wrote: 2 v 1 situations never turn out good and everyone knows that. Valt clearly never stood a chance

Yeah I mean it was too difficult

Take it from previous battles like lane vs. the bros or Arthur vs. Delta and Drum and what do you get? A big loss!
(Dec. 22, 2020  12:55 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Dec. 22, 2020  12:53 AM)Admiral W Wrote: Not pissy. Lui and Drum did an excellent job. No one is taking that from them. What I'm saying is that Valt had the weakest link in the form of his tag partner. Which was large part of why they lost the match. Valt was really in a tight space given how little he had to work with.

Nothing was stopping him from noticing Dante on the side and that he could do something. Butt he didn't. Its his fault. It's not like "Valt had no choice, he couldn't win anyway." He just straight up didn't plan accordingly for whatever reason. Maybe he got a big dumb during the battle idk. When you're going against 2 opponents at once obviously you're gonna keep tabs on both of them, but he didn't.

No one is complaining your just trying to start stuff Valt can’t take on two people simple as that we don’t care that he loss we know that Valt tried his very best If Rantaro kept Lui busy Valt would have possibly took care of Drum POSSIBLY and even if Rantaro went after drum what difference does it make he 2v1 Drum with Hikaru and got bursted like a tomato in the beginning their strategy got on hold bc of Rantaro wanting to speak with Shu and why he teamed up with Lean Rantaro was generally upset about it and couldn’t even get his head in the game Valt cannot compete with two people at the same time Valt should have just token care of Drum and backed up Rantaro so yea half of it was Valts fault but not ALL of it at the end of the day Valt was able to master the speed storm stadium in such a ridiculous fast rate he was the first to ever master it in a short amount of time and even if Valt took care of Drum I’m sure Lui would have surprised attacked Valt and ring him out and have Lui deal with Rantaro so it doesn’t matter what will they both tried their best so quit complaining
(Dec. 22, 2020  1:06 AM)EarthHelios Wrote:
(Dec. 22, 2020  1:03 AM)Sahaj Buttar Wrote: Yeah I mean it was too difficult

Take it from previous battles like lane vs. the bros or Arthur vs. Delta and Drum and what do you get? A big loss!

Yeah and Arthur and Lane had a strategy