Beyblade Burst Sparking Episode #35 (November 20, 2020)

Shu used Counter Break and World Slahs in right spin.
kinda weird
According to my understanding Lean at the end was furious as he realised that there are no more legends to beat at all as he has beaten Aiga Valt Shu and the rest. He wants to desperately increase his flare but is unable to as there are no more opponents he can look forward to beating. That is the reason he is mad.
Zeutron Admiral W Needforspeed do you think this fact can be explored a bit more in order to develop lean as a character?
Lane is a good character but the reason people hate him is because of this so called plot armor. But like can we all agree this guy is a natural blader
Lane scared Harry when he breaking the stadium.
Lane would say: But Why?! What am I missing? Its like Lane wants his flare but he cant find anyone else to take his flare on.
Harry is scared of Lane there. Poor Harry.
I feel bad for the stadium Lane broke. Top 10 saddest anime deaths.

Before that, Lane looked like he was having a midlife crisis.
Shu had his moment to shine.
But now it ended in a disgrace
(Nov. 20, 2020  1:45 PM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Nov. 20, 2020  12:59 PM)Valtryek Aoi Wrote: Wow, mans loses one battle and now he's weak. You can obviously how biased the fanbase is. Not saying I like that Shu lost, since I do not, but at least it's a different change of pace.

Lean may possibly get development, because he seemed to be ranting about how he defeated all the strongest players already, so what does he do now?

Now that the barrier is gone, I can reasonably say that the Limit Break The End was a pretty good counter for Spriggan's burst blocker. Maybe there is a bit of a brain back there.

Shu lost one battle, big wup. More interested to see the upcoming tag team tourney, if I got that part right.
LOL THANK YOU, the bias is starting to get outta hand and someone needed to point that out. Valt and Shu are in my top 5 favourite characters but I can understand why they lose. It’s really starting to get a little bit agitating seeing all these people cry over the fact their favourite character lost. What did you think was going to happen?

(Nov. 20, 2020  10:13 AM)BeybladeX100 Wrote: How is a hit to the ground able to contradict the no bursting gimmick for Shu he’s had 10 battles with Lean and he had yet to burst it until that last round and he never even used Left spin this episode was dead set on Lean winning which is fine but it was still dumb you have your opinions I have mines buddy
Because the hit didn’t put any recoil pressure on Spriggan’s counter wings, which are situated in the middle of it’s ring therefore meaning they never got pushed in...

Hard to say considering the fact after all 12 battles it finally worked plus he never used Left spin I don’t see lean as a talented blader at all but that’s just my opinion to be honest
(Nov. 20, 2020  6:50 PM)BeybladeX100 Wrote:
(Nov. 20, 2020  1:45 PM)Zeutron Wrote: LOL THANK YOU, the bias is starting to get outta hand and someone needed to point that out. Valt and Shu are in my top 5 favourite characters but I can understand why they lose. It’s really starting to get a little bit agitating seeing all these people cry over the fact their favourite character lost. What did you think was going to happen?

Because the hit didn’t put any recoil pressure on Spriggan’s counter wings, which are situated in the middle of it’s ring therefore meaning they never got pushed in...

Hard to say considering the fact after all 12 battles it finally worked plus he never used Left spin I don’t see lean as a talented blader at all but that’s just my opinion to be honest

It was actually 11 battles lol.
Cause in the last one Lucifer bursted Spriggan
(Nov. 20, 2020  12:59 PM)Valtryek Aoi Wrote: Wow, mans loses one battle and now he's weak. You can obviously how biased the fanbase is. Not saying I like that Shu lost, since I do not, but at least it's a different change of pace.

Lean may possibly get development, because he seemed to be ranting about how he defeated all the strongest players already, so what does he do now?

Now that the barrier is gone, I can reasonably say that the Limit Break The End was a pretty good counter for Spriggan's burst blocker. Maybe there is a bit of a brain back there.

Shu lost one battle, big wup. More interested to see the upcoming tag team tourney, if I got that part right.

(Nov. 20, 2020  3:39 PM)LOL-y Rancher Wrote:
(Nov. 20, 2020  12:59 PM)Valtryek Aoi Wrote: Wow, mans loses one battle and now he's weak. You can obviously how biased the fanbase is. Not saying I like that Shu lost, since I do not, but at least it's a different change of pace.

Exactly, I agree with you! Why let one loss suddenly define how Shu is, when other strong bladers like Aiga, Free and Lui got defeated by Lean and did not receive the same backlash. Not to mention that Lean uses his evolution Lucifer The End (a more powerful bey than Variant Lucifer) when facing Shu, so it's more understandable.

Shu isn't weak, Lean is just really strong and one loss against the main antagonist for this season shouldn't be what holds his reputation back. Heck, Shu has lost to Phi before and has had his Cho-Z Spriggan destroyed in Cho-Z, yet that battle didn't get nearly as much scorn as it did here (it still did, but not to this extent).

Look, I like Shu. He's definitely one of my more favourite characters in the franchise, but it is okay for him to lose sometimes whilst still acknowledging that he's one of the strongest bladers. His loss wasn't even that bad, because at least his bey didn't get destroyed and he has yet to use his counterclockwise mode against the new Lucifer, so there is still time for him to face against Lean again.

(Nov. 20, 2020  3:41 PM)Jinbee Wrote: Alright, not much of an episode review, but about the reaction of it.

My Problem with isn't that he lost it's the fact of how soon he lost, I know that the episodes are 12 minutes now but still, I feel like a lot that they brought back too many Characters and have too little screentime to make them shine. On top of that trying to show the brothers and Leans flares growing. They have too much and too little time to do it all. I think Lean is one of the better villains but I don't just want to see a "Legend" vs The Brothers/Lean, I want to see the older characters interact with each other. Plus I wanted to see more of Valt being "the Legend among Legends" and they did a good job of this in Cho-Z and not so good with Agia in GT. I think what works with Lean is it's kinda like Red Eye who went around and challenged the most powerful bladers and beat them to prove his strength. Overall I think They're doing a good job with Lean, horrible with everyone else including the Brothers.
Yall complain way too much about your fav characters losing. Just grow up and stop acting childish.
(Nov. 20, 2020  6:50 PM)BeybladeX100 Wrote:
(Nov. 20, 2020  1:45 PM)Zeutron Wrote: LOL THANK YOU, the bias is starting to get outta hand and someone needed to point that out. Valt and Shu are in my top 5 favourite characters but I can understand why they lose. It’s really starting to get a little bit agitating seeing all these people cry over the fact their favourite character lost. What did you think was going to happen?

Well yeah Lean is definitely a rushed and pushed character.
(Nov. 20, 2020  7:35 PM)EarthHelios Wrote: Yall complain way too much about your fav characters losing. Just grow up and stop acting childish.

You can make your point while being less abrasive.
Ok I am not sure why. But Shu is the 2nd character to lose to the villain in a burst finish match
(Nov. 20, 2020  7:33 PM)NobodyBlader Wrote:
(Nov. 20, 2020  12:59 PM)Valtryek Aoi Wrote:

(Nov. 20, 2020  3:39 PM)LOL-y Rancher Wrote:

(Nov. 20, 2020  3:41 PM)Jinbee Wrote: Alright, not much of an episode review, but about the reaction of it.

Yeah I suppose that's valid, and honestly that is a good point. And it's why I generally don't care for the "let's switch protagonists every season" Burst does, because it doesn't give the protagonists enough time to fully develop as characters, and therefore the single season they're the main focus in needs to cram as much time with them as possible, and sometimes it feels rushed. Not helped by the shorter episodes.

The brothers are honestly not that interesting as characters. They're likeable enough, but they're not who we wanted for the series that advertised long returning legendary veteran bladers. I wouldn't mind so much if it wasn't always about them and Lean. I get they're the focus, but I wanna see some interactions and moments between legends, see how they act towards another. We get that a few times, but it's not enough if you ask me.

Valt as a "legend among legends" was done okay at first, but I wasn't fond of how he seemed to lack that in his skills. He is definitely very skilled and strong, and I don't expect him to be invincible, but during the legend festival, he doesn't even win a match where he also survives until his battle against Hyuga. Valt goes out first in the tag battles of both when he was paired with Free and paired with Hyuga.
(Nov. 20, 2020  8:44 PM)Jinbee Wrote:
(Nov. 20, 2020  7:33 PM)NobodyBlader Wrote:

Yeah I suppose that's valid, and honestly that is a good point. And it's why I generally don't care for the "let's switch protagonists every season" Burst does, because it doesn't give the protagonists enough time to fully develop as characters, and therefore the single season they're the main focus in needs to cram as much time with them as possible, and sometimes it feels rushed. Not helped by the shorter episodes.

The brothers are honestly not that interesting as characters. They're likeable enough, but they're not who we wanted for the series that advertised long returning legendary veteran bladers. I wouldn't mind so much if it wasn't always about them and Lean. I get they're the focus, but I wanna see some interactions and moments between legends, see how they act towards another. We get that a few times, but it's not enough if you ask me.

Valt as a "legend among legends" was done okay at first, but I wasn't fond of how he seemed to lack that in his skills. He is definitely very skilled and strong, and I don't expect him to be invincible, but during the legend festival, he doesn't even win a match where he also survives until his battle against Hyuga. Valt goes out first in the tag battles of both when he was paired with Free and paired with Hyuga.

Yea I agree I just think the old characters should have gotten more spotlight it’s fine with new characters but the fact they keep pushing out the term “new generation bladers”is really overused as last time I checked Hikaru is older then Drum so what does that say about Drum being a new generation blader but he still gets no spotlight I think Lean could have gotten someway of how he’s this strong I may get some hate for saying this but I feel like their just forcing the anime to give Lean the wins yea yes you could say he’s talented but what does he do to make himself talented he’s definitely not smart or has battle skills his only motive is a flare dialogue you can’t become the best if you don’t train you can’t beat the number one tennis player you can’t beat the number 3 basketball player if you don’t practice so what does Lean have going for him other then his so called plot armor I agree I’ve made bad assumptions in this episode so I’m at fault but I’m still a little curious how he’s beating people without any strategy or without breaking a sweat Shu was able to beat Lui bc he trains day in and out I feel like people never watched og burst and god reason how Lui beat free was bc free wasn’t going all out not only that we had so many moments for these characters in such a short amount of time they get replaced so easily and just get tossed aside I don’t want others to take this as a grain of salt it’s just me being a little butthurt about the legends that I loved so much
Ok I admit that Im not a big fan of Lane cause he beated all the legends. Rantaro was the one who he did not wanna face off cause everyone knows he is weak lol.
The special moves he had were awesome. Maybe even better than any other move than those in Sparking.
But lane has to have a better strategy. Shu is just miserable
(Nov. 20, 2020  9:22 PM)EarthHelios Wrote: Ok I admit that Im not a big fan of Lane cause he beated all the legends. Rantaro was the one who he did not wanna face off cause everyone knows he is weak lol.
The special moves he had were awesome. Maybe even better than any other move than those in Sparking.
But lane has to have a better strategy. Shu is just miserable
Storywise Rantaro should be on par with the other legends apart from Valt for the sparking anime but then again, if Valt got destroyed what chance does Rantaro have lol. Sparking started out nice but has kinda gone downhill to be honest.

What I hated of this episode is harry being scared.
I liked the moves they were kinda cool tbh
Bruh lane better die for scarin' sacred harry like that

limit break the end was cool tho, and lanes new theme music is sick
(Nov. 20, 2020  9:28 PM)The Blacknight Wrote: Bruh lane better die for scarin' sacred harry like that

limit break the end was cool tho, and lanes new theme music is sick

1. Too far buddy. This is a kids show lol
2. Yeah it was. Man he had me scared lol
(Nov. 20, 2020  9:17 PM)BeybladeX100 Wrote:
(Nov. 20, 2020  8:44 PM)Jinbee Wrote: Yeah I suppose that's valid, and honestly that is a good point. And it's why I generally don't care for the "let's switch protagonists every season" Burst does, because it doesn't give the protagonists enough time to fully develop as characters, and therefore the single season they're the main focus in needs to cram as much time with them as possible, and sometimes it feels rushed. Not helped by the shorter episodes.

Yea I agree I just think the old characters should have gotten more spotlight it’s fine with new characters but the fact they keep pushing out the term “new generation bladers”is really overused as last time I checked Hikaru is older then Drum so what does that say about Drum being a new generation blader but he still gets no spotlight I think Lean could have gotten someway of how he’s this strong I may get some hate for saying this but I feel like their just forcing the anime to give Lean the wins yea yes you could say he’s talented but what does he do to make himself talented he’s definitely not smart or has battle skills his only motive is a flare dialogue you can’t become the best if you don’t train you can’t beat the number one tennis player you can’t beat the number 3 basketball player if you don’t practice so what does Lean have going for him other then his so called plot armor I agree I’ve made bad assumptions in this episode so I’m at fault but I’m still a little curious how he’s beating people without any strategy or without breaking a sweat Shu was able to beat Lui bc he trains day in and out I feel like people never watched og burst and god reason how Lui beat free was bc free wasn’t going all out not only that we had so many moments for these characters in such a short amount of time they get replaced so easily and just get tossed aside I don’t want others to take this as a grain of salt it’s just me being a little butthurt about the legends that I loved so much

I know Lean does seem pretty brain dead, but the anime itself did acknowledge the fact that Lean is a natural prodigy in the skill and strategy department, all being reinforced by his flare. Main problem is that the writers don't seem to care enough to actually show it.

The new generation thing does not apply to age, it applies to when the blader blasted off in their world career. Drum already had his time to shine before the bros even touched the world stage.
Lane is like Brooklyn who is a natural born blader.
Sure Lane is a villain but yall hate on him too much cause of the dumb plot armour
(Nov. 20, 2020  4:26 PM)Vtryuga Wrote: According to my understanding Lean at the end was furious as he realised that there are no more legends to beat at all as he has beaten Aiga Valt Shu and the rest. He wants to desperately increase his flare but is unable to as there are no more opponents he can look forward to beating. That is the reason he is mad.
Zeutron Admiral W Needforspeed do you think this fact can be explored a bit more in order to develop lean as a character?
I think this will be a great story telling if handled or executed correctly but then again sparking likes to execute what could've been a great moment but they screw it
This episode was brutal for Shu but eh gotta let lane take the win.