Beyblade Burst Sparking Episode #29 (October 9, 2020)

(Sep. 28, 2020  2:58 PM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Sep. 28, 2020  2:57 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: Alright. However it’s not impossible for Valt to loose this match. It’s unlikely, but not impossible.

Nothing is exactly impossible. The writers could just decide they want Hyuga to win and make that happen. Story logic or not. I'm saying it would be unreasonable for Hyuga to win. Wouldn't make sense.

So, Currently beating the legends is the goal. “Beating” is sorta strange. You can win a match against someone without outright beating them. For example, Hyuga and Dante. Hyuga won against Dante once. But he didn’t overcome the obstacle (Dante). Let’s look at Hyuga and Valt know. Valt is leagues above Hyuga, however there are a few ways for Hyuga to win. However will he completely overcome Valt? Probably not. Hyuga won the group b match cause when Hyperion was wobbling, Exceed hit the edge and sped up a little. Did he overcome everyone? No. Did he win? Yes. He may not over come the legend (Valt) which is his end goal, but he can definitely win the match. Will he, probably not. But winning once does not break the story logic.

Sorry if this is kinda confusing.
(Sep. 28, 2020  3:11 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Sep. 28, 2020  2:58 PM)Admiral W Wrote: Nothing is exactly impossible. The writers could just decide they want Hyuga to win and make that happen. Story logic or not. I'm saying it would be unreasonable for Hyuga to win. Wouldn't make sense.

So, Currently beating the legends is the goal. “Beating” is sorta strange. You can win a match against someone without outright beating them. For example, Hyuga and Dante. Hyuga won against Dante once. But he didn’t overcome the obstacle (Dante). Let’s look at Hyuga and Valt know. Valt is leagues above Hyuga, however there are a few ways for Hyuga to win. However will he completely overcome Valt? Probably not. Hyuga won the group b match cause when Hyperion was wobbling, Exceed hit the edge and sped up a little. Did he overcome everyone? No. Did he win? Yes. He may not over come the legend (Valt) which is his end goal, but he can definitely win the match. Will he, probably not. But winning once does not break the story logic.

Sorry if this is kinda confusing.

A battle royale is a different beast so it's very different from a 1v1. For Hyuga to outright beat Valt is what would be ridiculous. Once more going back to plotting and story logic, you have to follow through on what you've established. It's already been well established that Valt is leagues above Hyuga. Hyuga beating Valt in a direct engagement would break the story logic that's already been established about where these characters sit power wise. Also regards to plotting, you don't want to cheapen the end goal by having it be accomplished mid way through the story. A previous episode handled this very well. When Lui and Hikaru went head to head in the tag battle, despite Hikaru fully resonating, he fell to Lui's Raging Upper. In this instance they adhered to what they had already established. There was nothing lending credence to that fact Hikaru was powerful enough to take down Lui and as a result he rightfully lost.
(Sep. 28, 2020  2:45 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote: And you gotta realize Hyuga simply beating Valt does not mean Hyuga is stronger. Valt is able to lose to people weaker than him.
Let’s at least make sense^
i mean if valt loses id be sad real sad
Oh boy, here we go with the worship Hyuga thing. If valt gets defeated by Hyuga, you can really tell that the writers are just favoring Hyuga at this point. Call it plot armor, sure, but Jesus Christ. People act like he “fully resonated with his bey”. At least Hikaru is following the difficult route in order to become better even though he completely sucks, while they are just giving Hyuga shortcuts. If Hyuga is getting attention, why can’t Hikaru? Aren’t they both protagonist? Oh wait, nvm I just remembered that Hyuga was the main star. Hikaru is irrelevant now and will forever be until the last episode of this series.

Writer #1: “Dur hur hur, we got to make Hyuga win against valt, that will make people happy. He has development a lot just by yelling and screaming”.

Writer #2: “When will we give Hikaru some development”?

Writer #1: “Who”?
I deeply hope Valt wins. Especially since Lane challenged him.
(Sep. 28, 2020  5:21 PM)Phengpegasus Wrote: Oh boy, here we go with the worship Hyuga thing. If valt gets defeated by Hyuga, you can really tell that the writers are just favoring Hyuga at this point. Call it plot armor, sure, but Jesus Christ. People act like he “fully resonated with his bey”. At least Hikaru is following the difficult route in order to become better even though he completely sucks,  while they are just giving Hyuga shortcuts. If Hyuga is getting attention, why can’t Hikaru? Aren’t they both protagonist? Oh wait, nvm I just remembered that Hyuga was the main star.  Hikaru is irrelevant now and will forever be until the last episode of this series.

Writer #1: “Dur hur hur, we got to make Hyuga win against valt, that will make people happy. He has development a lot just by yelling and screaming”.

Above we’ve gone over ways Hyuga could reasonably defeat Valt. Yes Hyuga is getting attention, but Hikaru is too. He’s getting massive development coping with his loss.
Im just going to say that the finals are obviously going to be Hyuga vs. Lean
(Sep. 28, 2020  5:56 PM)EarthHelios Wrote: Im just going to say that the finals are obviously going to be Hyuga vs. Lean
It's possible. But it would not be as exciting as Valt vs Lean.
(Sep. 28, 2020  5:58 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Sep. 28, 2020  5:56 PM)EarthHelios Wrote: Im just going to say that the finals are obviously going to be Hyuga vs. Lean

True. I hate the fact though they couldnt do a tag battle with Aiga and Valt at all
(Sep. 28, 2020  5:58 PM)g2_ Wrote:

In full agreement. The logical and more satisfying way forward is for Valt to defeat Hyuga and battle Lean in the finals. If Hyuga beats Valt...that would just be too ridiculous for me to get on board with.
(Sep. 28, 2020  6:08 PM)EarthHelios Wrote:
(Sep. 28, 2020  5:58 PM)g2_ Wrote: It's possible. But it would not be as exciting as Valt vs Lean.

True. I hate the fact though they couldnt do a tag battle with Aiga and Valt at all
You mean Valt vs Aiga, or Valt with Aiga?
(Sep. 28, 2020  6:13 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Sep. 28, 2020  6:08 PM)EarthHelios Wrote: True. I hate the fact though they couldnt do a tag battle with Aiga and Valt at all
You mean Valt vs Aiga, or Valt with Aiga?

I mean Valt with Aiga as tag team partners
(Sep. 28, 2020  5:21 PM)Phengpegasus Wrote: Oh boy, here we go with the worship Hyuga thing. If valt gets defeated by Hyuga, you can really tell that the writers are just favoring Hyuga at this point. Call it plot armor, sure, but Jesus Christ. People act like he “fully resonated with his bey”. At least Hikaru is following the difficult route in order to become better even though he completely sucks,  while they are just giving Hyuga shortcuts. If Hyuga is getting attention, why can’t Hikaru? Aren’t they both protagonist? Oh wait, nvm I just remembered that Hyuga was the main star.  Hikaru is irrelevant now and will forever be until the last episode of this series.

honestly, i agree here. valt vs aiga would be the best battle ever, the final battle in cho-z didn't do either of these amazing characters justice.

im meh about the other stuff tho, hyuga and hikaru will get some development after this arc
At this point, I’m just waiting for Hyperion to break. That’s it. Call me harsh, but idc. If this is called plot armor, then most likely Hyuga’s wins are leading to his demise (or his bey’s demise). Either way, pretty sure lane would get upset that he doesn’t get to battle valt. I guess they are trying to show how one Asahi brother isn’t enough to beat lane, but 2 of them will be able to defeat him. Still, they could have at least done something with Hikaru’s character.
(Sep. 28, 2020  8:08 PM)Phengpegasus Wrote: At this point, I’m just waiting for Hyperion to break. That’s it. Call me harsh, but idc. If this is called plot armor, then most likely Hyuga’s wins are leading to his demise (or his bey’s demise). Either way, pretty sure lane would get upset that he doesn’t get to battle valt. I guess they are trying to show how one Asahi brother isn’t enough to beat lane, but 2 of them will be able to defeat him. Still, they could have at least done something with Hikaru’s character.

Don't wanna judge but this toxicity is hitting radioactive levels. and yes, 95% of this post was to make that joke, and 5 percent because this is what i actually think.
I don't believe it will the end of the world if Valt loses. Just because Valt is said to be the "Legend Of Legends" doesn't mean he is invincible or some kind of god. I personally don't think Valt will lose by burst (granted i wouldn't be surprised if he did) but probably by an Over or Spin finish.

Im not taking sides in this "Hikaru or Hyuga favoring" madness. Im pretty much stating my opinion and i dont expect anyone to agree.

If valt does lose, so what?! Its not going to be the end of the world!

Edit: in conclusion, Valt may put up a good fight but he is gonna lose.
(Sep. 28, 2020  10:02 PM)DeltaZakuro Wrote: I don't believe it will the end of the world if Valt loses. Just because Valt is said to be the "Legend Of Legends" doesn't mean he is invincible or some kind of god. I personally don't think Valt will lose by burst (granted i wouldn't be surprised if he did) but probably by an Over or Spin finish.

Im not taking sides in this "Hikaru or Hyuga favoring" madness. Im pretty much stating my opinion and i dont expect anyone to agree.

If valt does lose, so what?! Its not going to be the end of the world!

No one's invincible, but it just wouldn't make any sense. Valt being the Legend of Legends isn't immaterial, if you establish something you need to follow through with it. It's been well established that Valt far outstrips Hyuga. And nothing as of yet lends credence to the opposite. If Hyuga beats Valt then it breaks story logic. Set up then follow through. Story logic 101.
Here’s how the battle could go in a way that Hyuga wins

Beys land in stadium. Hyperion is attacking and Valtryek dodging.

Hyperion loses stamina and wobbles, Valtryek knocks it away.

Hyperion lands in a speed cradle and speeds up.

Hyperion smashes into Valtryek. The force of the attack tilts Valtryek over but it still bound Hyperion away, up in the air.

Hyperion lands, using the force from diving and exceed, and smashes into Valtryek.

At the end Valtryek does knock away Hyperion, but it barely manages to land in a speed cradle. As for Valtryek, it’s knocked out.
I still don't agree. We'll probably have to agree to disagree on this particular point.

The episode 25 tag battle handled a similar situation very well. Although Hikaru full resonated, he was still taken down by Lui's Raging Upper. It had been well established that Hikaru was not on Lui's level and there was nothing to indicate he had reached it. As a result he lost. They followed through on what they had already established. I remember when I was watching the episode, and I saw Hikaru fully resonate I thought we were going to be treated to a deus ex machina situation. I was pleasntly surprised they didn't go that route.
Let's be honest here, while Hyuga will put up a good fight, Valt has the better chance here.
1. Lane challenged him directly, possibly insinuating a battle in the near future.
2. Hyuga may be doing better than Hikaru, but I'm pretty sure they wouldn't make the gap by that much.
3. Valt is called the Legend of Legends ig.

Now, still totally possible for Hyuga to win as Valt ain't invincible. Just saying Valt is no god, but things may be lining up in his direction.
While I feel Hyuga is gonna win, I think we should wait to predict the outcome until Friday. I say that cause we don’t know what number of points you need to get in the semi finals. They might do 2 points (which will limit possible outcomes) but first to 3 opens up more possibilities. Just a thought
(Sep. 28, 2020  11:59 PM)TitanDragon Wrote: While I feel Hyuga is gonna win, I think we should wait to predict the outcome until Friday. I say that cause we don’t know what number of points you need to get in the semi finals. They might do 2 points (which will limit possible outcomes) but first to 3 opens up more possibilities. Just a thought

I'm feeling 2 since they'll most likely finish the batlle in the episode.
(Sep. 29, 2020  12:05 AM)Valtryek Aoi Wrote:
(Sep. 28, 2020  11:59 PM)TitanDragon Wrote: While I feel Hyuga is gonna win, I think we should wait to predict the outcome until Friday. I say that cause we don’t know what number of points you need to get in the semi finals. They might do 2 points (which will limit possible outcomes) but first to 3 opens up more possibilities. Just a thought

I'm feeling 2 since they'll most likely finish the batlle in the episode.

Then here’s my thought. Hyuga wins 3-1. If he doesn’t face Lean in the finals, they won’t have an opportunity to break Hyperion without an accurate time frame from the all in one set containing the evolution. Lean losing to Valt is not even possible as he’s the big bad of Surge. And I feel if anyone is gonna lose to him, it’s Hyuga. This is a major tournament and with Hyuga the only main protagonist remaining, it’s very obvious he’s moving on. You don’t see Valt as the winner of the Luinor Cup or Aiger winning the Beyblade Carnival. Hyuga may not win the tournament. But I don’t think it’s going to be the semifinals where he loses. I don’t care if Valt is better. Him losing to Hyuga right now shouldn’t surprise anyone. And Lean has already laid eyes on Hyuga since they met.
(Sep. 29, 2020  12:44 AM)TitanDragon Wrote:
(Sep. 29, 2020  12:05 AM)Valtryek Aoi Wrote: I'm feeling 2 since they'll most likely finish the batlle in the episode.

Then here’s my thought. Hyuga wins 3-1. If he doesn’t face Lean in the finals, they won’t have an opportunity to break Hyperion without an accurate time frame from the all in one set containing the evolution. Lean losing to Valt is not even possible as he’s the big bad of Surge. And I feel if anyone is gonna lose to him, it’s Hyuga. This is a major tournament and with Hyuga the only main protagonist remaining, it’s very obvious he’s moving on. You don’t see Valt as the winner of the Luinor Cup or Aiger winning the Beyblade Carnival. Hyuga may not win the tournament. But I don’t think it’s going to be the semifinals where he loses. I don’t care if Valt is better. Him losing to Hyuga right now shouldn’t surprise anyone. And Lean has already laid eyes on Hyuga since they met.

Lane being the big bad of surge doesn't preclude him from losing to Valt. Especially considering that Shu defeated him in the manga. As for Valt in the Lunior Cup and Aiger and the Bey Carnival, neither of them even participated in those tournaments. As far as Hyperion breaking, there are a number of different ways that could be accomplished post festival. If you prefer that Hyuga win that's fine or course. I don't think it makes sense story wise considering how the season is being plotted and the current power levels (Hyuga being considerably weaker than Valt) In addition Lane has directly challenged Valt twice now. Once after his win in the battle royale and again in the latest episode.