Beyblade Burst Sparking Episode #23 (August 28, 2020)

(Aug. 28, 2020  8:28 AM)Valtryek Aoi Wrote:
(Aug. 28, 2020  8:21 AM)Vtryuga Wrote: This basically confirms that Aiga is still world champion

Finally, a confirmation. That's a hecka load off of my mind. But seriously that battle was a good one and next episode? Next episode is just nostalgia RUSH Shoot.
FaFnIr RusH ShOot
(Aug. 28, 2020  8:14 AM)Vtryuga Wrote:

Too bad Aiga and Achilles only looks really strong in the anime but "kinda" in real life because of the Infinite Achilles' stock combo LOL
(Aug. 28, 2020  8:49 AM)Limetka Wrote:

Wait, I thought Hikaru said it. Welp doesn't matter. Sure even though I want Valt to be the champion he is in the manga, so that's fine. I'm more happy the anime didn't shift over Aiga since that would've been below dog treatment.
Wow, Hikaru won only because of Aiga. No surprise there. I knew Hikaru wouldn’t get any development as usual.
(Aug. 28, 2020  8:52 AM)Valtryek Aoi Wrote:

Wait, I thought Hikaru said it. Welp doesn't matter. Sure even though I want Valt to be the champion he is in the manga, so that's fine. I'm more happy the anime didn't shift over Aiga since that would've been below dog treatment.
No I don’t think Valt is the champion in the manga. He is rather the number 1 ranked blader in the world (as part of Wakiya’s letter grading system). The number one ranked blader and champion are different since one is a rank earned by being the highest amongst the ranks (and possibly from a tournament of strong bladers since battling stronger bladers causes higher jumps in rankings) while one is a title that is earned by beating the former champion in a title match or by winning a champion crowning tournament.
(Aug. 28, 2020  9:24 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Aug. 28, 2020  8:52 AM)Valtryek Aoi Wrote: Espere, pensei que Hikaru disse isso. Welp não importa. Claro, embora eu queira que Valt seja o campeão, ele é no mangá, então tudo bem. Estou mais feliz que o anime não mudou para Aiga, já que isso estaria abaixo do tratamento de cachorro.
Não, eu não acho que Valt é o campeão no mangá. Ele é, em vez disso, o blader classificado número 1 no mundo (como parte do sistema de classificação de letras de Wakiya). O campeão e o blader classificado número um são diferentes, pois um é uma classificação obtida por ser o mais alto entre os rankings (e possivelmente de um torneio de bladers fortes, pois lutar contra bladers mais fortes causa pulos mais altos na classificação), enquanto um é um título que é ganho por derrotar o ex-campeão em uma batalha de campeões ou ao vencer um torneio de coroação de campeões.

I agree
Whoops forgot to mention, another truly amazing episode here by the way.
(Aug. 28, 2020  9:24 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Aug. 28, 2020  8:52 AM)Valtryek Aoi Wrote: Wait, I thought Hikaru said it. Welp doesn't matter. Sure even though I want Valt to be the champion he is in the manga, so that's fine. I'm more happy the anime didn't shift over Aiga since that would've been below dog treatment.
No I don’t think Valt is the champion in the manga. He is rather the number 1 ranked blader in the world (as part of Wakiya’s letter grading system). The number one ranked blader and champion are different since one is a rank earned by being the highest amongst the ranks (and possibly from a tournament of strong bladers since battling stronger bladers causes higher jumps in rankings) while one is a title that is earned by beating the former champion in a title match or by winning a champion crowning tournament.

Pretty sure the number 1 and world champion titles are interchangeable, but it could be the case.
(Aug. 28, 2020  9:45 AM)Valtryek Aoi Wrote:
(Aug. 28, 2020  9:24 AM)Zeutron Wrote: No I don’t think Valt is the champion in the manga. He is rather the number 1 ranked blader in the world (as part of Wakiya’s letter grading system). The number one ranked blader and champion are different since one is a rank earned by being the highest amongst the ranks (and possibly from a tournament of strong bladers since battling stronger bladers causes higher jumps in rankings) while one is a title that is earned by beating the former champion in a title match or by winning a champion crowning tournament.

Pretty sure the number 1 and world champion titles are interchangeable, but it could be the case.
Could be but I don’t think so. The new system basically increases your rank when you win and you move up higher based on the opponents you beat. Being the champion seems to require a formal battle/event for the title to actually be passed. In other words being the number 1 is more like a ranking than a title.

Rantaro expressly said that?
(Aug. 28, 2020  9:50 AM)Admiral W Wrote:

He said something about a champion when talking about the competitors in the battle, so most likely Aiga.
(Aug. 28, 2020  9:50 AM)Admiral W Wrote:

Yes he did
If Hikaru is going to rely on others to help him, he is not going to get anywhere. I’m only happy that lane finally lost. But that obviously won’t be the end.
(Aug. 28, 2020  9:47 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Aug. 28, 2020  9:45 AM)Valtryek Aoi Wrote: Pretty sure the number 1 and world champion titles are interchangeable, but it could be the case.
Could be but I don’t think so. The new system basically increases your rank when you win and you move up higher based on the opponents you beat. Being the champion seems to require a formal battle/event for the title to actually be passed. In other words being the number 1 is more like a ranking than a title.

The terms are usually interchangable. Anything can change of course, but in burst the two have always been the same.

I'm not going to lie, if that's part about Aiger is true, I'm going to be a little disappointed. Either way, Valt is still the strongest of the legendary bladers. He still stands above all other bladers.
Solid Episode Ep-21 and Ep-22 we're not that good

Summary:

(Aug. 28, 2020  11:23 AM)SunBlader98 Wrote: Solid Episode Ep-21 and Ep-22 we're not that good

Summary:

Technically they are battling the number one. And what about that whole exposition with Hikaru? Pretty sure it's been confirmed that Aiga is the world champ as of now.
(Aug. 28, 2020  11:58 AM)Valtryek Aoi Wrote:
(Aug. 28, 2020  11:23 AM)SunBlader98 Wrote: Solid Episode Ep-21 and Ep-22 we're not that good

Summary:

Technically they are battling the number one. And what about that whole exposition with Hikaru? Pretty sure it's been confirmed that Aiga is the world champ as of now.

Huh?
I was originally beginning to consider that Aiga may perhaps have some major role but then again I also don’t think characters mentioning that Aiga is the world champ is meant to imply he is tougher than the other legends. It’s more like one of those cool facts that is brought up about a legend when they are first mentioned/introduced in the sparking anime/manga like that time when the brothers heard Drum was coming to battle them causing them to think back and remember Drum as the guy who saved beyblade from “hell.” Or even the times when Shu gets called the legendary owner of the raging bulls.
(Aug. 28, 2020  12:34 PM)Zeutron Wrote: I was originally beginning to consider that Aiga may perhaps have some major role but then again I also don’t think characters mentioning that Aiga is the world champ is meant to imply he is tougher than the other legends. It’s more like one of those cool facts that is brought up about a legend when they are first mentioned/introduced in the sparking anime/manga like that time when the brothers heard Drum was coming to battle them causing them to think back and remember Drum as the guy who saved beyblade from “hell.” Or even the times when Shu gets called the legendary owner of the raging bulls.

He has a less prominent role than in GT. Now his bey has been demoted to a random booster, it'll probably get the shoved treatment most of those prize beys get. Granted, Aiga is the champion, but only as an important fact? Everyone seems pretty equal otherwise lile Valt and Free in the tag battle with the Asahis.
(Aug. 28, 2020  12:34 PM)Zeutron Wrote: I was originally beginning to consider that Aiga may perhaps have some major role but then again I also don’t think characters mentioning that Aiga is the world champ is meant to imply he is tougher than the other legends. It’s more like one of those cool facts that is brought up about a legend when they are first mentioned/introduced in the sparking anime/manga like that time when the brothers heard Drum was coming to battle them causing them to think back and remember Drum as the guy who saved beyblade from “hell.” Or even the times when Shu gets called the legendary owner of the raging bulls.
Well it could be that or that the fact that this legend rank is a totally different system
I feel like Lean losing is gonna make him snap and it’s gonna come back to bite Aiger or maybe the brothers since one cost them the match while the other won
(Aug. 28, 2020  1:12 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: Haha Zeutron I was right :)
Lmao yes you got me there. I never imagined they would let an antagonist lose to a recurring character but Aiga beating Lane was a nice touch and an acceptable outcome.

(Aug. 28, 2020  12:54 PM)Valtryek Aoi Wrote:

He has a less prominent role than in GT. Now his bey has been demoted to a random booster, it'll probably get the shoved treatment most of those prize beys get. Granted, Aiga is the champion, but only as an important fact? Everyone seems pretty equal otherwise lile Valt and Free in the tag battle with the Asahis.
To be honest I don’t think being in a random booster is a set in stone demotion/guarantee of irrelevance  despite the fact that it does happen to be the case a lot of times. I don’t really think random boosters effect prominence regarding recurring characters. Aiga is definitely more important this season than the last since he was mostly symbolic like Valt.