Beyblade Burst God Anime Series-Starts on April 3, 2017 on TV Tokyo

(Jan. 15, 2016  5:44 PM)Gingka7854 Wrote: New trailer available but the vidéo is bloqued :-/ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19XdiCKecjY

EDIT : The vidéo is available ! http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3mm0hw...shortfilms

The second one doesn't work for me either.
Here you can watch it. Grin
[video=dailymotion]www.dailymotion.com/video/x3mm0hw_jp-beyblade-burst-trailer-2[/video]
This song is so cool! *-*
(Jan. 15, 2016  12:02 PM)Flame~Capricorn Wrote: i feel better accepting baruto as that guy's name than valto.

Out of interest, any particular reason why?
Wow!!
Now we have a longer PV!! Take a look at this beauty!
I'm loving the art style as well as the animation in general! Grin
You honestly can't ever fault OLM's animation team, they do a fantastic job on every series they work on. And the OST as well; perfect! This just increases my excitement for April even more!
I don't like any of the character designs outside of Baruto and Shuu, so that sucks. Animation quality is really nice.
The Beyblade battles animation is actually horrible. I first watched that video without sound and was hoping they used a superb clashing sound to compensate for the fact that the Beyblades were actually not touching each other and looked light and gravitating almost, but no ... The only good thing about the three-dimensional animation is for the Burst.

But yes, the music sounds promising.
IMO, all of it looks well done. I'm not really picky. At least the animation isn't like Beyblade 2000.
I'm really looking forward to this! The animation looks sooooo nice!

The three-dimensional animation isn't my favorite personally, but I do feel like a younger audience would enjoy it more.
Oh thank The Lord! Kensuke still has his puppets! Yes!

I don't really like the 3D stadium animations that much but I've grown on the 3D of the Beyblades, the 2D looks nice but similar to MFB only slightly brighter and more appealing. Either way it looks pretty exciting! The music is interesting and some of it sounds nice.

Thanks for the trailer!

Also why is this thread so slow and laggy on my phone when other threads work fine, except Beyblade videos?
I'm so excited for dual layers ? Can someone either show me to a thread with more info on dual layers or explain to me ?
(Jan. 16, 2016  10:27 PM)VulcanHoruseous Wrote: I'm so excited for dual layers ? Can someone either show me to a thread with more info on dual layers or explain to me ?

Here you go: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Upcoming...Names-only
(Jan. 16, 2016  10:29 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Jan. 16, 2016  10:27 PM)VulcanHoruseous Wrote: I'm so excited for dual layers ? Can someone either show me to a thread with more info on dual layers or explain to me ?

Here you go: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Upcoming...Names-only

Thanks Brad ! Appreciate it. I'm Vulcan by the way, don't know if we've introduced ourselves yet ha-ha.
Aha yeah, it would seem Corocoro messed up on that reveal. They were supposed to upload Trailer 2 (The 15 second teaser), but instead did the elongated one which actually showed episode content which I'd imagine is for closer to the Spring 2016 anime season reveals.

Thankfully, I did download the video before it was taken down, haha.
(Jan. 17, 2016  4:16 AM)~Mana~ Wrote: Aha yeah, it would seem Corocoro messed up on that reveal. They were supposed to upload Trailer 2 (The 15 second teaser), but instead did the elongated one which actually showed episode content which I'd imagine is for closer to the Spring 2016 anime season reveals.

Thankfully, I did download the video before it was taken down, haha.

Cool, we should probably all do that automatically when we first see it hah. I never expected CoroCoro to make such a mistake though ... Since reuploading it might be illegal/get it taken down anyway, could you at least post screenshots ?
Well, Corocoro is still relatively new to the YouTube scene, so I guess it makes sense in a way. Works nicely for us in the end, though it's a shame that that trailer didn't include a release date or something if it's a trailer ready for later on.

And sure, I'll get screenshots sorted and posted back here Tongue_out
That is indeed a lovely trailer! Well edited and art directed!

As for the 3D, OLM has done one thing right that D-rights never really tried. A great 3D animator won't find his/her skill set pushed by animating a beyblade. It's just a 3D model (not a great one either, but it's covered in motion blur 95% of the time, so who notices?) that rotates ad infinitum on one axis, and is keyframed along a motion path. No rigging, no deformation… Pretty simple. But the camera's animation is an opportunity to show off the advantages of 3D, and that's what I saw in this trailer that I never saw in MFB. Movement in Z space, full rotations, very dynamic and fluid. That kind of work becomes a labor of love for a very detail oriented person.
Man I came on a few hours too late Unhappy. Really wanted to see that.
But something even more primordial in three-dimensional animation is that you have to be able to believe it, you have to see that two elements are clearly one next to each other and litterally touching sometimes. This has been super clear in my mind ever since I saw that Donkey Kong animated series over a decade ago on television where none of the characters were ever touching anything since the animation was lazy. Donkey Kong's tie was litterally floating all the time. We are in 2016 now, I expect way better since 2005. Of course the camera angle can be moved easily, of course an object spins on itself. But if it is levitating because it does not touch the floor at all and that the object stops and repulses at least a centimetre beside another object because oh damn two of our objects are in the same frame and do not recognise the presence of one another, this is just flawed.
(Jan. 17, 2016  5:10 AM)Kai-V Wrote: But something even more primordial in three-dimensional animation is that you have to be able to believe it, you have to see that two elements are clearly one next to each other and litterally touching sometimes. This has been super clear in my mind ever since I saw that Donkey Kong animated series over a decade ago on television where none of the characters were ever touching anything since the animation was lazy. Donkey Kong's tie was litterally floating all the time. We are in 2016 now, I expect way better since 2005. Of course the camera angle can be moved easily, of course an object spins on itself. But if it is levitating because it does not touch the floor at all and that the object stops and repulses at least a centimetre beside another object because oh damn two of our objects are in the same frame and do not recognise the presence of one another, this is just flawed.

No, there's no excuse for bad 3D when a beyblade is so easy to animate. But good camera animation is very tricky and takes skill. I worked as an animator for a movie trailer company for seven years, then freelanced in TV and tradeshow graphics for another 2 years before my son was born. I've animated many, many 3D cameras, and I noticed that the camera work in the Burst trailer was done well.

Yeah, the 3D could use an occlusion pass and fine tuning in other areas... but I could write a book on the art of trailer making, and overall I give this one a thumbs-up. Wish I could have seen it more than a couple times before it was yanked Tongue_out
To be fair, this isn't a style OLM has worked on before. I'd imagine the battles will improve over time with more experience and criticism. That said, I do understand the concerns.
Dang I'm late ! Wanted to watch the video
Anyways. Mana if you can please post a few screenshots ?
Oops yeah, sorry! I'll get those up within the next few hours.
Screenshots from the trailer!

http://imgur.com/a/XG1k7