Beyblade Burst God Anime Series-Starts on April 3, 2017 on TV Tokyo

(Jul. 27, 2015  10:05 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: Everytime I hear her, "AH CHECK THIS OUT" I cringe and the advertising has never been as obvious as this... As if the creators are saying "Y-Y'know, that beyblade is on stores right now... you, you should get it NOW, I'll be here... all day...".

Actually, that was a lot of why I enjoyed MFB's anime. The explanation for why every new beyblade was the absolute best started out based in fact and became more and more ridiculously cheesy pseudoscience as the show went on and laughing at it just got better and better.
(Jul. 27, 2015  11:17 PM)Dracomageat Wrote:
(Jul. 27, 2015  10:05 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: Everytime I hear her, "AH CHECK THIS OUT" I cringe and the advertising has never been as obvious as this... As if the creators are saying "Y-Y'know, that beyblade is on stores right now... you, you should get it NOW, I'll be here... all day...".

Actually, that was a lot of why I enjoyed MFB's anime. The explanation for why every new beyblade was the absolute best started out based in fact and became more and more ridiculously cheesy pseudoscience as the show went on and laughing at it just got better and better.

It's very well at explaining the theory of what the parts do, like how R145 can absorb attack apparently, but it seems as if they relied less of the Bladers skill and more of it's pieces function, not that they don't use strategy but it doesn't happen that much in comparison to old gen, and while her japanese version it doesn't sound that bad aside from the computer typing, the English version IS AWFUL! The voice and the way she says stuff in the dub is one of the reasons why I cringe, episodes like Episode 67 or the Rock Giraffe introduction episodes are some of the ones I cringe at the most...
I can understand why you might find the lack of skill implied to be a problem but many might argue that beyblade is a game of customization where the parts you use are of utmost importance.

In my opinion, both skill and understanding of the parts are important and a balance must be struck between cool designs and teaching kids that being good at something isn't just a mere purchase away. The original series did an excellent job of showing development via training and how cockiness leads to defeat but I don't see why we couldn't also have a little bit of MFB's part analysis, so long as it were in moderation.

Obviously the balance should be closer to the original series though. MFB is excellent at being cheesy fun but the originals were actually a good show and I'd much rather quality than hillarity.
(Jul. 28, 2015  12:04 AM)Dracomageat Wrote: I can understand why you might find the lack of skill implied to be a problem but many might argue that beyblade is a game of customization where the parts you use are of utmost importance.

In my opinion, both skill and understanding of the parts are important and a balance must be struck between cool designs and teaching kids that being good at something isn't just a mere purchase away. The original series did an excellent job of showing development via training and how cockiness leads to defeat but I don't see why we couldn't also have a little bit of MFB's part analysis, so long as it were in moderation.

Obviously the balance should be closer to the original series though. MFB is excellent at being cheesy fun but the originals were actually a good show and I'd much rather quality than hillarity.

I'm not saying the analysing alone is all that bad, as I said, it's pretty informative, though I want it to use a balance of that and skills.

Surprisingly, despite all those flaws, V-Force is still one of my least favourite Beyblade series.

I can't wait to see how Beyblade Burst turns out, the trailer has promise.
That and BSB felt more...home. And somewhat realistic.
The small neighborhood stadiums, the kids who wanted to battle....
And also Beyblades were basically made by people, like Kenny, and Boris.

They of course tried to sell it, but mostly with "CHECK OUT THAT BITBEAST" but sometimes they went in depth like accounting that Tyson has a rubber tip in a sand arena, so da CHIEF made a cool new shooter for him.

Also V-Force sucked. But it showed us the characters in their puberty stage. So I can kind of forgive them.
(Jul. 28, 2015  2:04 AM)Neo Wrote: That and BSB felt more...home. And somewhat realistic.
The small neighborhood stadiums, the kids who wanted to battle....
And also Beyblades were basically made by people, like Kenny, and Boris.

They of course tried to sell it, but mostly with "CHECK OUT THAT BITBEAST" but sometimes they went in depth like accounting that Tyson has a rubber tip in a sand arena, so da CHIEF made a cool new shooter for him.

Also V-Force sucked. But it showed us the characters in their puberty stage. So I can kind of forgive them.

Well, V-Force is at least better than Beyraiderz and Beywheelz because it at least had a few good episodes, the bad episodes usually were because I hated the characters and at times were massive hypocrites, still, I thought when they did have good episodes, it was worth watching.

I'm not sure how I feel about when Kenny had to modify Tysons beyblade over a 100 times meaning Tyson really needed that much help but it seemed more realistic in some cases, but realism on Beyblade simply doesn't work, I think believable is a little more like it, at least for the characters, except Kai, noooo way...

I think the realism MFB does have is the parts do have a logical reason on why they make a beyblade perform in ways.

Anyway, why do I get the feeling Burst will try and be a bit of both?
What kind of story will we see, though?
MFB had weird weird plots for all 4 seasons.
Maybe we'll see the World Championships idea again.
(Jul. 28, 2015  2:24 AM)Neo Wrote: What kind of story will we see, though?
MFB had weird weird plots for all 4 seasons.
Maybe we'll see the World Championships idea again.

For Metal Fusion, I honestly can't make up the first half properly, but I guess it makes some sense and does have good reasons to introduce more strong Beybladers.
For Metal Masters, this idea isn't really weird as it's done by old Beyblade anyway... Until the final segment with Horogium using it as a power supply.
For Metal Fury, about star fragments that advance some Beyblades and makes them legendary... for some reason, it barely makes sense unless they're Bit Beast and not interpretive spirits, as well as being boring, the season does have the most "mystical" theme to it though at least it made sense and had some nice ideas.
For Shogun Steel, it was a lame rehash of Metal Fusion at first until the missing episodes and honestly, it says that Neo Battle Bladers is to help take over the beyblade world, how? It's the much emptier Metal Fusion as there's not much explanation.

So I guess they do have weird plots but let's not forget the old gen.
For the first season, it's similar to Metal Masters plot without the weird Horogium thing, instead it's all about taking over the world, something about using Beyblades and a Bit Beasts for Boris' army... Uh okay whatever you say.
For V-Force, it went from stealing all four Holy Beasts and seal them in a rock, that's fine, but then use a Bit Beasts power to turn Pinocchio into a person, err what?
For G-revolution, it's another world Chamionship, (A PROPER ONE MAY I ADD V-Force!) which is fine, then the second half is all about another beyblade organisation taking over the beyblade business and just the representation of beyblade which is again fine, only the very part it gets a little strange, an inhuman guy who has serious issues takes over the world with his Beyblade and apparently grows wings and takes us to his weird universe... okay what?

You decide which is weirder.
G-Revolution definitely had one of the more interesting plotlines for me, in that it was relatively humble in its ambitions but theoretically still resonates with the audience that cares about Beyblade. Of course, it was a pretty small audience by that time ...

I also liked the focus on the characters' interpersonal relationships and team politics. I think anyone who wanted a "mature" Beyblade series already got it with G-Revolution, actually.
(Jul. 27, 2015  8:15 PM)Bladerguy2 Wrote: I feel like I'll be watching it but not thoroughly enjoying it. The CGI really bugs me. Sho has an...interesting close up that I can't say leaves me optimistic for the rest of it. What I've seen so far has depicted him as calm. That close up just made him look like a little kid. Anyone else share this opinion?

And while you all were hoping for a female lead character I was hoping for something even more impossible XD

I was hoping that maybe we could have gotten something for more mature audiences. I know beyblades are targeted to children but I can't help feeling that I would enjoy the manga and anime so much more if they were a little more mature. Sadly this will never be a reality

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of the CGI. To me, it feels a bit out of place with the rest of the animation. I loved the fact that the first season of the original Beyblade had the hand drawn/2D animation for the battles. Obviously it wasn't as detailed or as eye-catching as the CGI would be, but it just gave it a bit more unity... but I digress.

I feel like as far as a mature tone for a kid's show goes, YuGiOh 5D's is a really good example. Say what you will about the entire "card games on motorcycles" concept (which is a bit odd), the series had a fairly consistent dark tone. The setting (elitist city/wasteland-ish city) was dark, the characters were fairly dark, and the plots were fairly dark for a kids show. It pulled off being a show aimed at kids, but was definitely able to be appreciated by mature audiences. TMNT 2003 is a good example of that, as well.

That being said, a lighter show isn't a bad thing. Look at the newer 2012 TMNT show or even Transformers: Robots in Disguise (2015). Both are intended to be action shows, but have good amounts of comedy with a lighter plot. Yet, both shows are pretty enjoyable and fun to watch, despite lacking the mature tone.

Basically, I just spent the past 10 minutes of typing trying to say: just because it's light, doesn't mean it won't be good. All we can do is give it time and a fair chance, considering it won't be out until next year.
The battle CGI for Burst anime looks leagues beyond what any series has had before. I get what you mean by preferring the first season animation, but that's just unacceptable in 2015 standards. This is the first time the CGI Beyblades don't look like complete garbage while spinning.
(Jul. 28, 2015  4:22 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: The battle CGI for Burst anime looks leagues beyond what any series has had before. I get what you mean by preferring the first season animation, but that's just unacceptable in 2015 standards. This is the first time the CGI Beyblades don't look like complete garbage while spinning.

Yeah, I should have mentioned that it does look good and better than the CGI we saw with MFB, but I just feel like it seems out of place.
For me, the CGI on MFB isn't that bad, at least it doesn't stick out completely as it's flat enough to blend in a little, V-Force's CGI for me contrasts way too much.
V-Force and G-Rev had pretty weird CGI honestly. I would've like to have seen something similar to 2000's "undetailed" Beyblades. I swear Dragoon S never looked like the one irl.
But they looked awesome spinning.
Looks interesting to me. Will definitely check it out. Don't have any major issues with how it looks/CG

I actually enjoyed the MFB Anime. Quite a bit since I watched all three seasons in a matter of a couple of weeks (and I watched the dub). Quite liked the CG for the tops. Especially compared to what they did before. Some of the voice acting was grating, but as a series it fit fairly middle of the road for me.

Yes I have a big soft spot for Season 1; nothing will everchange that. As an overall season G Revolution was fantastic.

V Force however was by far the worst. Never wanted to hear the phrase bit beast ever again after that one.
I found the extended trailer

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ob-FlIDlVl8

Looks even cooler now
The trailer was awesome I can't for the anime to come out
(Aug. 10, 2015  6:00 AM)Bladerguy2 Wrote: I found the extended trailer

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ob-FlIDlVl8

Looks even cooler now

It was already posted, by DranzerX13 himself :
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Beyblade...pid1272148
Oh lol. I only looked through the fourth page for it. Oops. Sorry. Was half asleep when I found it and looked through here to see if it was here. Lol
i have high hopes for this anime and i hope the anime will be able for the public to see if anyone knows or guesses when the anime will be released pm me what you think
(Aug. 14, 2015  1:36 AM)hasainayari Wrote: i have high hopes for this anime and i hope the anime will be able for the public to see if anyone knows or guesses when the anime will be released pm me what you think

Dude. looks like you are late

The anime is said to be released in 2016. Read around Wink
Hm, an OLM artist being provided a Ragnaruk Heavy Survive as reference does seem to indicate that the first system of Beyblade Burst, the Burst System that Valkyrie Wing Accel is part of, will indeed be the one featured in the anime. http://www.beyblade.jp/anime/anime-work-scene/
Valkyrie looks so much nicer in those pastel sketch colors than its actual colors. haha
I'm really liking that sketch of the Valkyrie "beast".
It looks pretty damn cool.
I wasn't really doubting the use of the Burst System in the anime, given the teaser trailer we had earlier in the year. It would've seemed really odd if they'd done that trailer to give us an idea of what to expect and test what they could do, they completely overhaul the Beyblade design.

All the same though, it's nice to see the design sheets there. Valkyrie's design looks awesome.