Beyblade Burst GT (Gachi)

(Mar. 14, 2019  12:30 AM)CrazyAries Wrote:
(Mar. 13, 2019  10:02 PM)Ganjulus.34M.L Wrote: Here's the light breakdown of all the parts of a GT Layer so far:
  • Gatinko Chip (Japanese: ガチンコチップ): The crowning piece of the GT Layer that has the "teeth" and the avatar motif. Used to lock the GT Layer components together.
  • Weight (Japanese: ウエイト): The die-cast metal component, located beneath the Gatinko Chip. Facilitates the weight of the Layer; presumably for increased performance.
  • Base (Japanese: ベース): The bottom layer which the Weight and Gatinko Chip are situated. The main combat component of the GT Layer.

BTW, Gatinko Chip has different kinds of teeth. And this time, not only the height of teeth varies but also the amount of teeth are different. For example, Dragon has 4 regular teeth, Valkyrie has only 2, but very high teeth, and Asura has relatively loose teeth, but there are 7 of them to defend continuous attack.

Holy carp, the Chips actually make a difference. This is better than Clear Wheels from MFB where the shape absorbed impact or made the combo more aerodynamic. Also, Asura's teeth are probably going to break pretty easily.
(Mar. 14, 2019  12:33 AM)KnightPro Wrote:
(Mar. 14, 2019  12:30 AM)CrazyAries Wrote: BTW, Gatinko Chip has different kinds of teeth. And this time, not only the height of teeth varies but also the amount of teeth are different. For example, Dragon has 4 regular teeth, Valkyrie has only 2, but very high teeth, and Asura has relatively loose teeth, but there are 7 of them to defend continuous attack.
Where did u get the teeth strength from?? Is there a vid im missing

The introduction of each Gatinko Chip. Even if you cannot read Japanese, you should still be able to find the number 2, 4 and 7 on their introduction.
(Mar. 14, 2019  12:30 AM)CrazyAries Wrote:
(Mar. 13, 2019  10:02 PM)Ganjulus.34M.L Wrote: Here's the light breakdown of all the parts of a GT Layer so far:
  • Gatinko Chip (Japanese: ガチンコチップ): The crowning piece of the GT Layer that has the "teeth" and the avatar motif. Used to lock the GT Layer components together.
  • Weight (Japanese: ウエイト): The die-cast metal component, located beneath the Gatinko Chip. Facilitates the weight of the Layer; presumably for increased performance.
  • Base (Japanese: ベース): The bottom layer which the Weight and Gatinko Chip are situated. The main combat component of the GT Layer.

BTW, Gatinko Chip has different kinds of teeth. And this time, not only the height of teeth varies but also the amount of teeth are different. For example, Dragon has 4 regular teeth, Valkyrie has only 2, but very high teeth, and Asura has relatively loose teeth, but there are 7 of them to defend continuous attack.
This also ties into my point about each part being important. It really seems like an ideal that TT is trying to implement.
(Mar. 14, 2019  12:44 AM)CrazyAries Wrote:
(Mar. 14, 2019  12:33 AM)KnightPro Wrote: Where did u get the teeth strength from?? Is there a vid im missing

The introduction of each Gatinko Chip. Even if you cannot read Japanese, you should still be able to find the number 2, 4 and 7 on their introduction.

That makes sense. That's why there was a 2 in V's description...
Dragon: This Gatink Chip has four teeth.
Zen: This Weight is relatively heavy and stable.
Ace: This Base has two blades to attack.
Rock: This is a defense type Base.
Grand: This is a Stamina type Base.
(I didn’t find detailed introduction to Rock and Grand)
Sting: Springs are in this disc to rebound when hit with opponent.
Charge: Metal is on this Driver to make it both moving fast and heavy.

Valkyrie: This Gatinko Chip has only two, but very very high teeth to improve burst resistance
Retsu: This Weight is unbalanced (I think it should be similar to disc Q, 1 and 1')
Slash: This Base has three blades and they are very good at upper attack (What seems weird is that its description says that Slash Valkyrie is mainly used to KO opponents instead of Burst them...).
Blitz: Three blades would expand when the bey spins.
Power: The tip has springs connected with the lock, so that when then Bey is pushed downwards, the lock would become tougher to improve burst resistance, and a huge flat tip would catch the stadium to speeding up.

Asura: This Gatinko Chip has relatively low teeth, but there are seven teeth to defend continuous attack.
Ten: This Weight has inner weight distribution to improve defense.
Bushin: This Base has 12 blades to protect the Bey.
Hurricane: This Disc has free-spin rings like Tornado Wyvern.
Keep: This Driver has a free-spin Rubber tip.

Summurize:
Unlike the Clear Wheel of metal series that basically has no decisive effect, the Gatinko Chip of GT system made the teeth variation on the layer more controlable. And this time not only the height of teeth varies, their amount is different as well. So I think different Gatinko Chips would have different usage.
It seems that those gimmicks of God Layers and Cho-Z Layers are now moved onto the discs. I believe this is a very good point, since only certain Discs would be selected (such as 0, 00, 10, 7, Outer) because they were only the part to increase weight. Now it has more gimmicks that will influence the battle, so I believe that there will be more choice when we make our combos.
Wow, this is becoming more impressive than the God system!
TrainacJ's Unleash Disk has kind of been realized, though Blitz has three blades instead of two
My one hope with GT is that when Hasbro eventually gets around to it. They make it more faithful to TT and not a terrible caricature of the original (turbo).

Additionally I wanted a free spinning frame that would function like tornado wyvern forever. Looks like I am finally getting my wish with bunshin asura' disk.
(Mar. 14, 2019  2:36 AM)Kry Wrote: My one hope with GT is that when Hasbro eventually gets around to it. They make it more faithful to TT and not a terrible caricature of the original (turbo).

Additionally I wanted a free spinning frame that would function like tornado wyvern forever. Looks like I am finally getting my wish with bunshin asura' disk.

Let's just hope Hasbro doesn't decide to make those Gachi Chips plastic or fuse the layers to one to simplify it haha
(Mar. 14, 2019  2:45 AM)Jinbee Wrote:
(Mar. 14, 2019  2:36 AM)Kry Wrote: My one hope with GT is that when Hasbro eventually gets around to it. They make it more faithful to TT and not a terrible caricature of the original (turbo).

Let's just hope Hasbro doesn't decide to make those Gachi Chips plastic or fuse the layers to one to simplify it haha

Well it does look a bit like luinor l2 right rotation version. 
Hasbro: repaints luinor. 
I wonder what Hasbro will call it? Will Hasbro call it, superstrike?
The first four Single Layer Beys have 4*4*4=64 different combos.
The first four Dual Layer Beys have 4*4*4=64 different combos as well.
The first three God Layer Beys have 3*3*3*3=81 different combos due to the introduction of Frame.
The first three Cho-Z Layer Beys have 3*3*3=27 different combos
And now, the first three GT Layer Beys have 3*3*5*3*3=405 different combos!!!
OMG
Can someone explain power's gimmick?
(Mar. 14, 2019  3:17 AM)K1D Wrote: Can someone explain power's gimmick?

It's supposed to tighten its grip on the layer and speed up when enough downward pressure is put onto the Bey.
[Image: 10pbn8n.png]

Looking carefully at how the "Metal Wheel" of Pegasis looks sectioned, the inner part of the wings look separate from the outer part, shinier too, so I guess this'll be that partial metal bit only as expected, the plastic is likely still outside to keep away from metal contact.

This almost looks like a 4D wheel.

Credit for image goes to @[marutti].
(Mar. 14, 2019  3:50 AM)Jinbee Wrote: [Image: 10pbn8n.png]

Looking carefully at how the "Metal Wheel" of Pegasis looks sectioned, the inner part of the wings look separate from the outer part, shinier too, so I guess this'll be that partial metal bit only as expected, the plastic is likely still outside to keep away from metal contact.

Seeing Pegasus close up, my hopes of it being compatible with a Layer Weight are dashed.. doesn't look like they can fit in there =/

There's a pretty clear divide between the plastic and metal for sure, but by golly it looks nice anyways. At least it's better than trying to replicate the Metal saga with all-plastic layers.

I'm honestly thinking that the switch to the Metal Saga is because the lightweight plastic-gen layer remakes aren't gonna balance out the weights well enough in random boosters anymore. Gachi layers simply weigh too much for them to keep using plastic gen layers as filler like that, so they had to upgrade the weight somehow and this is their way of doing that.
(Mar. 14, 2019  4:11 AM)KingSpin Wrote:

Seeing Pegasus close up, my hopes of it being compatible with a Layer Weight are dashed.. doesn't look like they can fit in there =/

My theory, actually, is that there is a sort of GT gimmick in there. I think that the plastic wheel will just attach to the metal wheel like the Layer Weights attach to the bases. The Face is a sort of GT chip, except without the teeth. Something else that I thought of is that Pegasis will be a more defensive oriented bey. It is a little hard to think about since Pegasis was an attack type in MFB, but in Burst, it just does not have a shape that is aggressive enough, and frankly, its shape is really round compared to everything else we have, so it should be defensive. Honestly, I would not be surprised if they outright made it a defense type, but that’s probably not going to happen.
(Mar. 14, 2019  8:54 AM)Nightmarefafnir Wrote: Is dragon left spinning or right?

I think it's right.
(Mar. 14, 2019  9:06 AM)g2_ Wrote:
(Mar. 14, 2019  8:54 AM)Nightmarefafnir Wrote: Is dragon left spinning or right?

I think it's right.

This come with right spin.
(Mar. 14, 2019  9:06 AM)g2_ Wrote:

I think it's right.

I don't think they would make a main chareter bey left
(Mar. 14, 2019  3:06 PM)Beyblade Sensei Wrote:
(Mar. 14, 2019  9:06 AM)g2_ Wrote: I think it's right.

I don't think they would make a main chareter bey left

Dragoon was left spin.
(Mar. 14, 2019  3:09 PM)Real_ilinnuc Wrote:
(Mar. 14, 2019  3:06 PM)Beyblade Sensei Wrote: I don't think they would make a main chareter bey left

Dragoon was left spin.

I think he mean new GT dragon beyblade, not Dragoon.
(Mar. 14, 2019  3:19 PM)ks123 Wrote:
(Mar. 14, 2019  3:09 PM)Real_ilinnuc Wrote: Dragoon was left spin.

I think he mean new GT dragon beyblade, not Dragoon.

My name has been cleared