Beyblade Burst GT Episode #14 (July 5, 2019)

14) Serious Burst! Gold Turbo!
ガチンコ炸裂ゴールドターボ!
Gachinko Sakuretsu Gōrudo Tābo!
July 5, 2019

Source: https://i.imgur.com/mOxEj8B.jpg
Gold Turbo...
At this point if Beyblade Burst GT dubbed isn't called Gold Turbo, Hasbro and the dubbers are officially idiots.
It could be Valt vs Lodin since I know we are going to turn against Lodin (I won't ) if he loses to Drum, but yeah, either Drum and Lodin are battling and one of them is going to unlock theirs or Valt is battling the winner with his GT mode.
(Jun. 15, 2019  9:09 PM)Strider Xanthos Wrote: At this point if Beyblade Burst GT dubbed isn't called Gold Turbo, Hasbro and the dubbers are officially idiots.
It could be Valt vs Lodin since I know we are going to turn against Lodin (I won't ) if he loses to Drum, but yeah, either Drum and Lodin are battling and one of them is going to unlock theirs or Valt is battling the winner with his GT mode.

If dub is going to be Beyblade Burst Gold Turbo I'm going to laugh out loud for ages for naming this name it went from Evolution which was one of the best, in fact, THE BEST RENAMED SEASON. It even surpassed Beyblade Burst God as a name, I didn't like it and I prefer calling it Evolution. Then it went from Turbo lmao already a child-friendly name. If they are going to rename it Gold Turbo I'm done. Not even gonna bother watching another dub episode by the English dubbers.
(Jun. 17, 2019  4:31 PM)Legend Red Eye Wrote:
(Jun. 15, 2019  9:09 PM)Strider Xanthos Wrote: At this point if Beyblade Burst GT dubbed isn't called Gold Turbo, Hasbro and the dubbers are officially idiots.

If dub is going to be Beyblade Burst Gold Turbo I'm going to laugh out loud for ages for naming this name it went from Evolution which was one of the best, in fact, THE BEST RENAMED SEASON. It even surpassed Beyblade Burst God as a name, I didn't like it and I prefer calling it Evolution. Then it went from Turbo lmao already a child-friendly name. If they are going to rename it Gold Turbo I'm done. Not even gonna bother watching another dub episode by the English dubbers.
i meant as the acronym for GT so they don't have to change GT and they don't need to use Gachi....maybe Beyblade Burst Grand or Beyblade Burst Genesis for Gachi, and just call the show "Beyblade Burst GT" and call the beys Gold Turbo. Don't over complicate it.
I wouldn't be surprised if they did call it that considering Drum says Turbo a lot when looking at Valkyrie shining gold or something. And I usually don't base the dub quality off of the name-- I mean Turbo's got some really good and funny moments such as Shu and Suoh.

Wait, how did this become a conversation about what the dub name of the show would be-- lol
This is irrelevant to this episode, but with 12 minute episodes, are there going to be 102 episodes or still 51?
(Jun. 18, 2019  7:07 AM)ThePheonix Wrote: This is irrelevant to this episode, but with 12 minute episodes, are there going to be 102 episodes or still 51?
I think it'll be 51 but I hope it's the former.
tbh i really want it to be 102. even longer if it is possible. this series is seemingly the best since the first season.
(Jun. 18, 2019  2:07 PM)Garvin prime Wrote: tbh i really want it to be 102. even longer if it is possible. this series is seemingly the best since the first season.

Doubt anyone can take 2 years of GT. But hey, the writters decide that.
(Jun. 18, 2019  2:14 PM)BounduAtakku Wrote:
(Jun. 18, 2019  2:07 PM)Garvin prime Wrote: tbh i really want it to be 102. even longer if it is possible. this series is seemingly the best since the first season.

Doubt anyone can take 2 years of GT. But hey, the writters decide that.

If this is the last season, they might want to take the storyline further. That would be really cool, and would really balance things out with the 12 minute episodes, including promotions and intro and outro.
Didn't they say they ordered a season 5 too??
IMO, Season 1 of Burst was the best, although the first half of Season 2 (sans the supernatural stuff) was also pretty good. After the point when Shu was revealed to be possessed, the whole story kinda got caught in a downward spiral.
(Jun. 18, 2019  7:35 PM)Dt20000 Wrote: IMO, Season 1 of Burst was the best, although the first half of Season 2 (sans the supernatural stuff) was also pretty good. After the point when Shu was revealed to be possessed, the whole story kinda got caught in a downward spiral.
IDK, The only problem with the second half is that a lot of Block B battles were just offscreen imo. The Shu stuff was fine.
(Jun. 18, 2019  8:55 PM)Strider Xanthos Wrote:
(Jun. 18, 2019  7:35 PM)Dt20000 Wrote: IMO, Season 1 of Burst was the best, although the first half of Season 2 (sans the supernatural stuff) was also pretty good. After the point when Shu was revealed to be possessed, the whole story kinda got caught in a downward spiral.
IDK, The only problem with the second half is that a lot of Block B battles were just offscreen imo. The Shu stuff was fine.

It was, but Shu being possessed caused the downward spiral into the supernatural.
(Jun. 18, 2019  9:26 PM)Dt20000 Wrote:
(Jun. 18, 2019  8:55 PM)Strider Xanthos Wrote: IDK, The only problem with the second half is that a lot of Block B battles were just offscreen imo. The Shu stuff was fine.

It was, but Shu being possessed caused the downward spiral into the supernatural.

The shu stuff wasn't really An issue it can be easily brush has being more of he got brainwashed after getting out of that requiem machine. It can be use more like split personality unlike with cho z with legit dark power with phi , hearts and aiga you even see the beys turning dark an mid battle. Overall it wasn't overboard . Although they could've simply keep the brainwashed part put and just keep shu as when he was operating as red eye.
I feel like Chouzetsu was more on the supernatural side considering resonance was more of a main concern in the storyline. They mention resonance a lot, way more than any of the previous season. Also on a side note, I don’t believe Shu was ever possessed or brainwashed in Burst God, I think he even mentioned that he did everything in order to get to the finals to be able to battle Valt— which he doesn’t want to lose here either. So I don’t get why people say Shu was possessed or even Suoh— they were never possessed or brainwashed by their beys iirc.

Anyway, I’m excited to see if Drum is able to achieve the gold like shine to his bey like Valkyrie.
(Jun. 19, 2019  12:00 AM)Okanie Wrote: I feel like Chouzetsu was more on the supernatural side considering resonance was more of a main concern in the storyline. They mention resonance a lot, way more than any of the previous season. Also on a side note, I don’t believe Shu was ever possessed or brainwashed in Burst God, I think he even mentioned that he did everything in order to get to the finals to be able to battle Valt— which he doesn’t want to lose here either. So I don’t get why people say Shu was possessed or even Suoh— they were never possessed or brainwashed by their beys iirc.

Anyway, I’m excited to see if Drum is able to achieve the gold like shine to his bey like Valkyrie.

Suoh, no, Hell/Heat Salamander I feel like just gave him the push to experiment most desires he'd normally keep to himself. However with Shu, it feels more like he merged with Spriggan, with him expressing the rage and anger to get to the finals and Spriggan amplifying that alongside the rage from Spriggan losing to Longinus in the finals from season 1, only for that merge to slowly detoriate all traces of humanity left in him/them.
(Jun. 19, 2019  12:00 AM)Okanie Wrote: I feel like Chouzetsu was more on the supernatural side considering resonance was more of a main concern in the storyline. They mention resonance a lot, way more than any of the previous season. Also on a side note, I don’t believe Shu was ever possessed or brainwashed in Burst God, I think he even mentioned that he did everything in order to get to the finals to be able to battle Valt— which he doesn’t want to lose here either. So I don’t get why people say Shu was possessed or even Suoh— they were never possessed or brainwashed by their beys iirc.

This is why I said you can brush it off as more of a brainwashed cause of that requiem machine thing . Cause the show put as he possessed by spriggan look at cho z when shu said he was once like aiga consume by that dark resonance . Although he clearly was always in charge all the time he just woke his vicious side that he never showed . Like strider Xanthos said shu kind of became one of spriggan cause of their failure agains lui and longinus. And like you mentioned shu mainly wanted to keep his promise to valt and be in the final to which even valt saw that during the finals valt even understood to why shu did it and said because he'll give him the fight he deserve. The anime want the audience  to believe that shu was possessed cause it brings more hype theirs a big bad guy that needs to be defeated so the went with whole his possessed although he just got fed up and just wanted to let loose same with spriggan. Yea cho z went supernatural on us.
But didn’t Shu ultimately explained to Valt during their final match that he did everything that he did to get to this point? In the anime, while during the story we do feel like Shu was possessed or merged with spriggan, ultimately Shu made the choices of being Red Eye. Shu chose to become Red Eye to get stronger, we even get flashbacks of him choosing the decisions himself and as no one else. He was possibly possessed by the obsession of winning and fulfilling that promise but it’s still Shu and no one else. It was always underlying that he wanted to keep that promise no matter what. And I guess that was a goal and promise he made to his bey as well, which while they seemed merged, Shu was not possessed by any sort of thing or brainwashed...even with that machine, it was mostly Shu’s intense feelings of failure that became his own mindscape? Shu’s negative feelings were fueled by the losses that he had recently experienced to the point of where Requiem was created. He’s still a child and most tend to have wild and active imaginations— but besides that point, I guess you could say it kind of personified all his failures and what he wanted was to get stronger— he was desperate and kicked down that he resorted to that.

The one with Suoh was more of Suoh just being.... well him. The guy had always been that way even before obtaining Hell Salamander— and I say this due to us getting the flashback of him being upset by Fubuki beating him easily after obtaining Forneus. Suoh hated the fact that Fubuki would even think that he was as skillful as Suoh himself— so I don’t see Hell Salamander influencing the guy, he’s always been that way but just waiting for the right time to strike. Although these are my thoughts from my own observations of the character.

But anyway— would Drum go with Ace Dragon or one of the other layer bases for this match? Because he went with Rock in the beginning with Joe before switching to Ace...
This is the episode thread, not the random thouhhts thread.
(Jun. 19, 2019  9:41 AM)BounduAtakku Wrote: This is the episode thread, not the random thouhhts thread.
Fine, let's get back to being locked and Lodin'ed.

(Jun. 19, 2019  1:37 AM)Okanie Wrote: But anyway— would Drum go with Ace Dragon or one of the other layer bases for this match? Because he went with Rock in the beginning with Joe before switching to Ace...
I feel like he should go Rock and Ace again, but start out in Ace. When it comes to Attack vs Attack types in Burst, it usually comes down to which gimmick can last out or who has overwhelming power. I'd say start out with Ace to test Lodin's overwhelming power and then use Rock to counter. Then again, Defense is losing to everything this season, but Grand might be too much of a double edged sword.
(Jun. 19, 2019  9:41 AM)BounduAtakku Wrote: This is the episode thread, not the random thouhhts thread.

Been trying to steer the convo back to the episode lol

We haven’t really got a full showcase of what Drum could do with Rock yet but I can see as to why he’d go with Ace considering it’s something he’s more used to. I agree that Grand might be a double edge sword considering we don’t know how much attack is in the Longinus—is it going to be a three point match with him and Lodin?
(Jun. 19, 2019  6:27 PM)Okanie Wrote:

Been trying to steer the convo back to the episode lol

We haven’t really got a full showcase of what Drum could do with Rock yet but I can see as to why he’d go with Ace considering it’s something he’s more used to. I agree that Grand might be a double edge sword considering we don’t know how much attack is in the Longinus—is it going to be a three point match with him and Lodin?
Based on how most final battles in the tournaments are three points, I'd assume so.