Beyblade Burst Ep4 (JPN: April 25, 2016) (CAN: September 18, 2016)

4) Creating a Beyblade Club!
ベイブレードクラブをつくるぜ!
Beiburēdokurabu o tsukuru ze!
April 25th, 2016

Short Summary
"Valt is working hard to find members to create a Beyblade Club. He invites Shu and Kensuke to join, but they refuse to join without a Beybattle?"

Extended Summary
"Valt comes up with an idea to create a Beyblade Club, but needs five club members to do so. The Boss willingly joins the club, but they still need three more members. Valt then asks Kensuke, who requests a battle in order to join the club, and also tries to convince Shu...?"
Intresting i wonder why he want a beyblade club for other reasons besides liking beyblade
Wonder if this is a subtle way to encourage kids to actually start Beyblade clubs? Reminds me of how the Tokumei BeyStadium came packed with one gold license and five silver licenses.
maybe i think if there a beyblade club in a school the more people the more kids getting into beyblade

Nice i might do this
I've tried making Beyblade clubs before. And nobody at my school cares about Beyblade so making a Beyblade club would be extremely hard.
This sounds interesting. Surprised it's a club and not a team, but I have the feeling that the club will become a team for a future tournament. Can't wait! Grin

(Apr. 18, 2016  10:07 PM)BAWB18 Wrote: I've tried making Beyblade clubs before. And nobody at my school cares about Beyblade so making a Beyblade club would be extremely hard.

We have to remember that Beyblade is extremely popular in Japan, where it is actually on going, along with the age groups being a factor, too. Different countries, different outcomes.
I only saw screenshots of the whole episode, but guess what: Valt's club thing seems to have worked perfectly, what a surprise.

One thing that does surprise me but that will need the actual animation and subs to concretise is that there appears to be an odd situation with Kensuke. Right after doing a showcase match with Rantarou for the Beyblade Club, Valt goes to see a sock puppet theatre again but this time Kensuke's puppets are replaced by a sock of a princess. Valt goes to talk with the staff of the theatre and from what I gather, Kensuke, voluntarily or not, was made to quit the troup that he was apparently a part of. Valt finds him sitting by the riverside, and after that, he takes him to Shu to have a battle, presumably to cheer him up. Kensuke blushes throughout the whole thing though, and then Valt invites Shu to join his Beyblade club and I believe that he refuses since that is not a thing for him.

After that, Valt brings Kensuke home and while there is some confusion with his mother not having been notified about this, she bakes and serves them tons of bread to welcome him.

So, did Kensuke quit the troup on his own? Because of his loss and elimination from the tournament? Just because he was sad? Is he homeless otherwise/now? Is he going to stay a long time at Valt's house? All things to be confirmed with subtitles. At least, this seems to be going somewhere, so let us just hope the script does not reveal a totally anecdotal story instead... Like "I didn't quit the troup, I was just down by my loss, I took a day off. OK, thanks for cheering me up with a battle and some bread. See you later!"...
It... sounds like an interesting episode, can't wait for it to be uploaded!

EDIT: Here's my guess: Kensuke wanted to quit the puppet show thing to practice beyblading after losing to Valt?

EDIT 2: Okay so I just finished watching episode 4 and it was pretty decent, though TBH it didn't focus too much on that Beyblade club. It's nice to see another episode with Kensuke and his reactions are pretty fun to watch. Though the ending seemed a little sloppy IMO. Also, Shu vs Kensuke was pretty cool.
(Apr. 25, 2016  4:44 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: It... sounds like an interesting episode, can't wait for it to be uploaded!

EDIT: Here's my guess: Kensuke wanted to quit the puppet show thing to practice beyblading after losing to Valt?

EDIT 2: Okay so I just finished watching episode 4 and it was pretty decent, though TBH it didn't focus too much on that Beyblade club. It's nice to see another episode with Kensuke and his reactions are pretty fun to watch. Though the ending seemed a little sloppy IMO. Also, Shu vs Kensuke was pretty cool.

Where'd you watch it??
(Apr. 25, 2016  9:50 PM)BeyGabe Wrote:
(Apr. 25, 2016  4:44 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: It... sounds like an interesting episode, can't wait for it to be uploaded!

Where'd you watch it??

It was on http://www.gogoanime.com/beyblade-burst-episode-4

Not sure if the link was safe or not but it seemed fine for me.
(Apr. 25, 2016  10:29 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote:
(Apr. 25, 2016  9:50 PM)BeyGabe Wrote:

Where'd you watch it??

It was on http://www.gogoanime.com/beyblade-burst-episode-4

Not sure if the link was safe or not but it seemed fine for me.
Thanks! I'll watch it when I get home :p
(Apr. 25, 2016  4:24 PM)Kai-V Wrote: So, did Kensuke quit the troup on his own? Because of his loss and elimination from the tournament? Just because he was sad? Is he homeless otherwise/now? Is he going to stay a long time at Valt's house?

I gathered that the troup was Kensuke's family. The woman bore a slight resemblance to him (the characteristic single canine tooth, and green hair appropriate for the family name) and the men in the background are probably his father and brother.

Based purely on conjecture until the subbed version is prepared, it seemed like a very sweet episode where Valt tries to help Kensuke overcome his shyness and gain acceptance among his peers.
The woman was Kensuke's mother. The closed captions list her as "Himeko" (which fits the queen puppet), and the puppet isn't listed as having a name at all. The general exchange of conversation was:

Quote:Queen: "You're a friend of Kensuke's?"
Valt: "I'm Valt Aoi."
Mother: "Kensuke usually helps out with work here, so he's found it hard to make friends."
Valt: "I see..."
Mother: "Valt, I hope you and Kensuke become good friends!"
Valt: "Of course! Leave it to me, Kensuke's Mom!"
Queen: "Thank you, hero."

Kensuke never quit. He just didn't help at work that day, presumably because he was upset from his loss. He was happy to hear that Valt wanted to be his friend, especially since he doesn't actually have any and hides behind the masks that are his puppets.
LOL I thought Kensukes mother was his sister. I hope Kensuke actually wins something and not end up a complete loser.

And at this point, I gotta say it's pretty sad when the Burst trailers Beyblade CGI is better than THE ACTUAL EPISODES BEY CGI!
When do new episodes of beyblade burst come out, cause i read on an article there will be new episodes every monday, but websites like kissanime and gogoanime, usually do it later.
What I'm really loving in this series is that the characters don't seem to "control" the Beys as they did in the previous series. Here they launch with certain technique and, of course, depending on their Drivers tips, we have a pure Beyblade battle! :'D

Like in this episode, Boss and Valt battle again, and for the third time it's a different battle, because os the launching techniques they use and this is the best for begginers! Grin
But a big reason for why it gained the worldwide popularity Beyblade had was because of the slight supernatural aspect and how Beyblades seemed to listen to their owner. Sure, now viewers can replicate what they see in the show almost perfectly, like some YouTubers have started doing already, but the interest around the normal and ordinary fades very quickly or does not even spark interest to begin with.
I actually prefer if they controlled it TBH, while purely using techniques is cool, I think the more realistic physics will eventually get boring.
in time maybe they will, lets look back at the original, they didnt fully controle their beys right at the start. well kai did but tyson didnt not fully. maybe the beys in this generation will also be controled in time. i mean from the way things are going it doesnt look like they will but still theres a chance. we have all been proven wrong many times before with the anime like the beats in the metal saga not being actual things....but then we see that they are actual things.
(Apr. 26, 2016  4:07 AM)Latios300000 Wrote: in time maybe they will, lets look back at the original, they didnt fully controle their beys right at the start. well kai did but tyson didnt not fully. maybe the beys in this generation will also be controled in time. i mean from the way things are going it doesnt look like they will but still theres a chance. we have all been proven wrong many times before with the anime like the beats in the metal saga not being actual things....but then we see that they are actual things.

Well the beast in MFB are said to be metaphorical, except for episode 51, where Ginga flies on Pegasis, even though a helicopter coulda saved him but whatever.
Well, technically speaking, there already is an element of "control" at some points in Burst. Nobody questioning how Ragnaruk can suddenly Stadium Out Valkyrie when it's in a huge pinch?

Burst will certainly reach a point where they command the Beys but, for now, they want to show as much of a natural battling experience as possible, and perhaps entice kids to play in tournaments and get Beyblade popular at their schools.
No one at my school likes anime Uncertain They make fun of me watching it at lunch.
Our subbed version is up! Torrent | Script | Blog

DDL is still uploading, but I'm not sure how long it'll stay up for. d-rights are keeping checks on these things quite well.

EDIT: DDL on Userscloud; https://userscloud.com/ytfcpra7ot01
Thanks for the subtitles! So I have a better understanding of Kensuke I guess.

EDIT: http://gogoanime.io/beyblade-burst-episode-4
Well, the anime is pretty entertaining so far and I like the soundtrack, but I feel like they've missed a lot of opportunities to focus on the game's strategy (even if there isn't much of it irl). I swear if Valt uses his Rush Shoot one more time and manages to win...