Beyblade Burst Dynamite Battle Discussion and News

(Dec. 30, 2020  12:38 AM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:
(Dec. 30, 2020  12:37 AM)Free... Hoya Wrote: Valt losing to lui in the first season.

Only happened once and Valt was about to win on top of that.

He had to break the stadium to even get close to Luinor near the end of the battle.
(Dec. 30, 2020  12:38 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Dec. 30, 2020  12:36 AM)Needforspeed Wrote: Well tbh I don't hate shu but seeing him having  the spot light again and again is just feels boring and irritating to the sense where other character is just mob while shu is the mc.

Shu certainty doesn't have that amount of influence on the season.
Well in S1 and god he clearly has it same as ChoZ and Sparking (anime≠manga) like the first two seasons he has a big role in it acting like a catalyst for valt to play beyblade which was fine in choZ he was fine but his character quality is definitely went down a bit and in sparking he just feels like the 4th MC after hyuga hikaru and lean
(Dec. 30, 2020  12:53 AM)Needforspeed Wrote:
(Dec. 30, 2020  12:38 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote: Shu certainty doesn't have that amount of influence on the season.
Well in S1 and god he clearly has it same as ChoZ and Sparking (anime≠manga) like the first two seasons he has a big role in it acting like a catalyst for valt to play beyblade which was fine in choZ he was fine but his character quality is definitely went down a bit and in sparking he just feels like the 4th MC after hyuga hikaru and lean

In S1 he was literally Valt's main friend and in Evo the villain , of course he has big role. In Turbo his role is justified as he wants to help Aiger as he also suffered from obsession over winning. In Surge all he's Lain's teacher, cause you know, he owns a pro team and specially trains people with potential.
(Dec. 30, 2020  12:33 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Dec. 30, 2020  12:31 AM)LOL-y Rancher Wrote: I don't hate Shu, I'm fine with him as a character. However, there can be too much of a good thing and Shu is definitely it in my opinion, so much so that I think he has overstayed his welcome. I've said this many times, but Shu is pretty much Tommy Oliver from Power Rangers in terms of popularity and spotlight stealing.

He was really great in the first two seasons, then in Cho-Z he got to be the one who mentored Aiga (the main character at the time), train him after the end of his dark resonance, which was fine since Shu did need to redeem himself. Then in Sparking, they gave him a much bigger role than the other Legendary Bladers by having him specifically mentor and train Lean (the main antagonist and focus), and he's the only one to get a cool new jacket whilst everyone else just wore similar outfits to their original ones.

Idk bout power rangers but the jacket is apart of the main plot line where Shu's acting hostile and everyone'  tryna figure out what's going on with Shu. If Rantaro went hostile he would get a clothing change too. Its not like Shu being gone magically makes someone like Ken be the main plot focus anyways, they'll just fill in space with another hot cool boy with mental trauma relating to the antagonist.

Yeah, I get that but why did they choose Shu specifically to mentor Lean? Like I understand that the new jacket has some importance, but was it required that Shu took the role of mentoring Lean and by proxy, gain the new jacket? What would've collapsed in the story, if they had used another veteran or even a new character to mentor Lean and wield the new jacket instead of Shu? You've said that if Shu was absent, "they'll just fill in space with another hot cool boy with mental trauma relating to the antagonist." and well, why not just do that? I'd love to have seen it done like that personally. Hell, you could literally swap Shu for another veteran blader like say, Lui, and the story wouldn't change. He could also act hostile and get a new jacket too, had they chose Lui to mentor Lean instead of Shu.

From what I remember, you said that Lean is the way he is because Shu was too strict and harsh towards him in the manga which hardened him as a blader. Well Lui is pretty harsh and insults bladers he deems unworthy, why wasn't he given the role to mentor Lean instead of Shu for the manga/anime? You may say that what I've said just now contradicts the complaints I've made of Shu stealing the spotlight since I'm giving Lui more focus, but Lui only had major focus in the first two seasons (and even in Beybade Burst God, Shu had more focus than Lui anyway). In Cho-Z, Lui only appeared for like ten episodes and disappeared afterwards, never to be seen or mentioned for the rest of that season. They could've explained that away by having Lui mentor Lean during the time where he was absent, it would sure explain where the hell he's been.

And I know what you're thinking. You're probably thinking "Well Sparking beys didn't exist back in Cho-Z so how could Lui train Lean?" and to that, I say that maybe Lean didn't have a Sparking bey at first. Maybe like Delta (who used to wield a Hell Salamander in a flashback of the GT anime, before he switches to Diabolos), Lean was training with an old system bey but found that he was too strong to use it, so they built a new bey on a new system just for him so it could handle his launching power, and poof! First Uranus was born!
(Dec. 30, 2020  12:57 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Dec. 30, 2020  12:53 AM)Needforspeed Wrote: Well in S1 and god he clearly has it same as ChoZ and Sparking (anime≠manga) like the first two seasons he has a big role in it acting like a catalyst for valt to play beyblade which was fine in choZ he was fine but his character quality is definitely went down a bit and in sparking he just feels like the 4th MC after hyuga hikaru and lean

In S1 he was literally Valt's main friend and in Evo the villain , of course he has big role. In Turbo his role is justified as he wants to help Aiger as he also suffered from obsession over winning. In Surge all he's Lain's teacher, cause you know, he owns a pro team and specially trains people with potential.

Which is the reason why he has such a main focus, they could easily make up some stories for the others to focus on.
(Dec. 30, 2020  12:16 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Dec. 30, 2020  12:13 AM)Zeutron Wrote: Idk I think Rantaro needs to just be minor as well. A complete new gen sounds ideal to me IMO. One notable thing is that Valkyrie was featured in the bey poll which raises the question, is Valt going to appear this season? Assuming he will appear, was he going to appear anyways? And lastly, is he appearing now that Valkyrie is confirmed? I think this implies that returning characters may or may not be controversial this season.

Ah yes, cause a new gen will have time to release a trailer and the proto line of beys before the first big evo's and anime release in mere months.

2 weeks actually.

What lol?
(Dec. 30, 2020  1:04 AM)LOL-y Rancher Wrote:
(Dec. 30, 2020  12:33 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote: Idk bout power rangers but the jacket is apart of the main plot line where Shu's acting hostile and everyone'  tryna figure out what's going on with Shu. If Rantaro went hostile he would get a clothing change too. Its not like Shu being gone magically makes someone like Ken be the main plot focus anyways, they'll just fill in space with another hot cool boy with mental trauma relating to the antagonist.

Yeah, I get that but why did they choose Shu specifically to mentor Lean? Like I understand that the new jacket has some importance, but was it required that Shu took the role of mentoring Lean and by proxy, gain the new jacket? What would've collapsed in the story, if they had used another veteran or even a new character to mentor Lean and wield the new jacket instead of Shu? You've said that if Shu was absent, "they'll just fill in space with another hot cool boy with mental trauma relating to the antagonist." and well, why not just do that? I'd love to have seen it done like that personally. Hell, you could literally swap Shu for another veteran blader like say, Lui, and the story wouldn't change. He could also act hostile and get a new jacket too, had they chose Lui to mentor Lean instead of Shu.

From what I remember, you said that Lean is the way he is because Shu was too strict and harsh towards him in the manga which hardened him as a blader. Well Lui is pretty harsh and insults bladers he deems unworthy, why wasn't he given the role to mentor Lean instead of Shu for the manga/anime? You may say that what I've said just now contradicts the complaints I've made of Shu stealing the spotlight since I'm giving Lui more focus, but Lui only had major focus in the first two seasons (and even in Beybade Burst God, Shu had more focus than Lui anyway). In Cho-Z, Lui only appeared for like ten episodes and disappeared afterwards, never to be seen or mentioned for the rest of that season. They could've explained that away by having Lui mentor Lean during the time where he was absent, it would sure explain where the hell he's been.

And I know what you're thinking. You're probably thinking "Well Sparking beys didn't exist back in Cho-Z so how could Lui train Lean?" and to that, I say that maybe Lean didn't have a Sparking bey at first. Maybe like Delta (who used to wield a Hell Salamander in a flashback of the GT anime, before he switches to Diabolos), Lean was training with an old system bey but found that he was too strong to use it, so they built a new bey on a new system just for him so it could handle his launching power, and poof! First Uranus was born!
Shu's always been a mentor to people with potential. Also he doesn't gain a jacket from mentoring Lain but I don't feel like explaining why again. Also the thing is that this entire season is about bringing back characters, so why would they introduce a new one?

Also you've almost completely misunderstood what I said. Shu said Lain needing improving in alot of aspects and Lain took that as if Shu said he was a trash blader. He trianed hard and gained flare which is making him go crazy, the end. Lui doesn't even teach ppl so idk where you got dat form.

(Dec. 30, 2020  1:08 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Dec. 30, 2020  12:16 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote: Ah yes, cause a new gen will have time to release a trailer and the proto line of beys before the first big evo's and anime release in mere months.

2 weeks actually.

What lol?

You said you wanted a new gen in season 6, which is literally impossible.
(Dec. 30, 2020  1:11 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Dec. 30, 2020  1:04 AM)LOL-y Rancher Wrote: Yeah, I get that but why did they choose Shu specifically to mentor Lean? Like I understand that the new jacket has some importance, but was it required that Shu took the role of mentoring Lean and by proxy, gain the new jacket? What would've collapsed in the story, if they had used another veteran or even a new character to mentor Lean and wield the new jacket instead of Shu? You've said that if Shu was absent, "they'll just fill in space with another hot cool boy with mental trauma relating to the antagonist." and well, why not just do that? I'd love to have seen it done like that personally. Hell, you could literally swap Shu for another veteran blader like say, Lui, and the story wouldn't change. He could also act hostile and get a new jacket too, had they chose Lui to mentor Lean instead of Shu.

Shu's always been a mentor to people with potential. Also he doesn't gain a jacket from mentoring Lain but I don't feel like explaining why again. Also the thing is that this entire season is about bringing back characters, so why would they introduce a new one?

Also you've almost completely misunderstood what I said. Shu said Lain needing improving in alot of aspects and Lain took that as if Shu said he was a trash blader. He trianed hard and gained flare which is making him go crazy, the end. Lui doesn't even teach ppl so idk where you got dat form.

(Dec. 30, 2020  1:08 AM)Zeutron Wrote: What lol?

That wouldn’t be impossible.
(Dec. 30, 2020  1:04 AM)Free... Hoya Wrote:
(Dec. 30, 2020  12:57 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote: In S1 he was literally Valt's main friend and in Evo the villain , of course he has big role. In Turbo his role is justified as he wants to help Aiger as he also suffered from obsession over winning. In Surge all he's Lain's teacher, cause you know, he owns a pro team and specially trains people with potential.

Which is the reason why he has such a main focus, they could easily make up some stories for the others to focus on.

Shu doesn't make the story by himself lol. He just ties into the already existing plot. The story doesn't morph and form around Shu. He just has a link to the plot.

(Dec. 30, 2020  1:12 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Dec. 30, 2020  1:11 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote: Shu's always been a mentor to people with potential. Also he doesn't gain a jacket from mentoring Lain but I don't feel like explaining why again. Also the thing is that this entire season is about bringing back characters, so why would they introduce a new one?

That wouldn’t be impossible.

They have 2 weeks between seasons and this is listed as a Burst season. Not only 2 weeks wouldn't be sufficient time to hire a new mangaka and make the manga trailer, which is the tip of the iceberg.
(Dec. 30, 2020  1:12 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Dec. 30, 2020  1:04 AM)Free... Hoya Wrote: Which is the reason why he has such a main focus, they could easily make up some stories for the others to focus on.

Shu doesn't make the story by himself lol. He just ties into the already existing plot. The story doesn't morph and form around Shu. He just has a link to the plot.

That’s not just tying into plot. Lane is at the centre of the seasons conflict and whatever weird phase Shu is clearly going through or faking atm directly correlates with what.

(Dec. 30, 2020  1:12 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Dec. 30, 2020  1:04 AM)Free... Hoya Wrote: Which is the reason why he has such a main focus, they could easily make up some stories for the others to focus on.

(Dec. 30, 2020  1:12 AM)Zeutron Wrote: That wouldn’t be impossible.

They have 2 weeks between seasons and this is listed as a Burst season. Not only 2 weeks wouldn't be sufficient time to hire a new mangaka and make the manga trailer, which is the tip of the iceberg.

They don’t plan the entire new series within two weeks LOL, a lot of this stuff is planned before hand.
now i won't disagree or agree with that shu situation it's personally opinions at the end. but I'll give my opinion on that matter shu only major role was in god and s1 . during cho z honestly he was useless just as useless as free and lui was they were just their ok shu train aiga that's not to brag about really he just give him to speech and help aiga with his match against phi but that's did aiga development not shu sure we get to see that his ok after the whole requiem thing . but other than that that's it he appeared episode 35 late season now why do a brought this up is cause if the writers had any attention to make other characters great like phi or aiga the only 2 cho cats who broke through this season they would've already they had 35 episodes to do it 90% of cho z cast wad already their it's simple the writers never really got big plans for them. now for sparking I see the jacket thing bothering a few which is weird cause it's just a jacket he puts that's nothing big it's like cho z he also had a jacket on top of his normal dress take it of boom new look same as the new jacket nothing special really . during sparking shu spent the first half doing nothing to which I remember almost everyone complain about but now their using him complains is still their. the part he beat lane was a given lane even warned us that after he beats lui it was obvious ok no other legend has beating lane yet far point but shu win or basically well cancel by the beat down he received against lane which makes his win empty each time he gets a shine he gets cruch right away aging phi or lane which no other legend got a side from free who shared the same fate like him in cho z no one has receive the amount of beat down he got from lane . now my final though shu appears to have to much a spotlight is cause his toxics fans make a big deal out of it which effects other fans on him . well that was long sorry for anyone reading this if you did gg of not well gg as well lol
(Dec. 30, 2020  1:14 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Dec. 30, 2020  1:12 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote: Shu doesn't make the story by himself lol. He just ties into the already existing plot. The story doesn't morph and form around Shu. He just has a link to the plot.

That’s not just tying into plot. Lane is at the centre of the seasons conflict and whatever weird phase Shu is clearly going through or faking atm directly correlates with what.

Shu is trying to get closer to Lain as he's always done. He's just going about it differently now. Valt is trying to get flare which is directly correlated with Lain. Your point?

(Dec. 30, 2020  1:12 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote: Shu doesn't make the story by himself lol. He just ties into the already existing plot. The story doesn't morph and form around Shu. He just has a link to the plot.

They don’t plan the entire new series within two weeks LOL, a lot of this stuff is planned before hand.

Its Burst season 6 bro. Is it that hard to understand?
(Dec. 30, 2020  1:15 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Dec. 30, 2020  1:14 AM)Zeutron Wrote: That’s not just tying into plot. Lane is at the centre of the seasons conflict and whatever weird phase Shu is clearly going through or faking atm directly correlates with what.

Shu is trying to get closer to Lain as he's always done. He's just going about it differently now. Valt is trying to get flare which is directly correlated with Lain. Your point?

(Dec. 30, 2020  1:14 AM)Zeutron Wrote: That’s not just tying into plot. Lane is at the centre of the seasons conflict and whatever weird phase Shu is clearly going through or faking atm directly correlates with what.

My point it’s that it’s not just “a link to plot” as Shu is clearly of inportant to the plots conflict, as for burst season 6, having a new cast is entirely possible. The new anime and manga are being planned and developed now and have been in development a good time before release.

Hiro Morita is still working as a Beyblade mangaka, they need to fire him and hire and new one, not only that but have the new one start working and have produced a few chapters. To go with these chapters they need the prototype line of beys for the system to debut a year before the anime on their own and only appear in the manga so the manga is doing something. After this they need to produce a manga trailer to go along with the official release of the manga, coinciding with almost finishing the first season and are about to air it.
(Dec. 30, 2020  1:18 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote:

Hiro Morita is still working as a Beyblade mangaka, they need to fire him and hire and new one, not only that but have the new one start working and have produced a few chapters. To go with these chapters they need the prototype line of beys for the system to debut a year before the anime on their own and only appear in the manga so the manga is doing something. After this they need to produce a manga trailer to go along with the official release of the manga, coinciding with almost finishing the first season and are about to air it.

By new gen I still mean burst system. I was referring to a clean new gen of burst characters.
(Dec. 30, 2020  1:17 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Dec. 30, 2020  1:15 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote: Shu is trying to get closer to Lain as he's always done. He's just going about it differently now. Valt is trying to get flare which is directly correlated with Lain. Your point?

My point it’s that it’s not just “a link to plot” as Shu is clearly of inportant to the plots conflict, as for burst season 6, having a new cast is entirely possible. The new anime and manga are being planned and developed now and have been in development a good time before release.

Shu is literally linked to the plot involving Lain. He's tryna stop Lain, however Lain has his own plot where he's in a faze of denial after having no more Legends to feed on.
(Dec. 30, 2020  1:19 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Dec. 30, 2020  1:17 AM)Zeutron Wrote: My point it’s that it’s not just “a link to plot” as Shu is clearly of inportant to the plots conflict, as for burst season 6, having a new cast is entirely possible. The new anime and manga are being planned and developed now and have been in development a good time before release.

Shu is literally linked to the plot involving Lain. He's tryna stop Lain, however Lain has his own plot where he's in a faze of denial after having no more Legends to feed on.

What I’m getting at is that “Link to the plot” is an understatement. He is pretty much one of the central characters of the plot.
(Dec. 30, 2020  1:19 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Dec. 30, 2020  1:18 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote: Hiro Morita is still working as a Beyblade mangaka, they need to fire him and hire and new one, not only that but have the new one start working and have produced a few chapters. To go with these chapters they need the prototype line of beys for the system to debut a year before the anime on their own and only appear in the manga so the manga is doing something. After this they need to produce a manga trailer to go along with the official release of the manga, coinciding with almost finishing the first season and are about to air it.

By new gen I still mean burst system. I was referring to a clean new gen of burst characters.

Only all new characters destroys the link to previous seasons, they aren't gonna do that.

(Dec. 30, 2020  1:20 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Dec. 30, 2020  1:19 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote: Shu is literally linked to the plot involving Lain. He's tryna stop Lain, however Lain has his own plot where he's in a faze of denial after having no more Legends to feed on.

What I’m getting at is that “Link to the plot” is an understatement. He is pretty much one of the central characters of the plot.

Even if that is an understatement he's not like a main character level of importance. He's doing stuff on the side related to the plot with Lain.
(Dec. 30, 2020  1:20 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Dec. 30, 2020  1:19 AM)Zeutron Wrote: By new gen I still mean burst system. I was referring to a clean new gen of burst characters.

Only all new characters destroys the link to previous seasons, they aren't gonna do that.

No it doesn’t. They are tons of ways to establish continuity. Have old main characters as minor characters. Have old past events be referenced. Heck, they can even have old systems and beys be showcased.

(Dec. 30, 2020  1:20 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Dec. 30, 2020  1:19 AM)Zeutron Wrote: By new gen I still mean burst system. I was referring to a clean new gen of burst characters.

(Dec. 30, 2020  1:20 AM)Zeutron Wrote: What I’m getting at is that “Link to the plot” is an understatement. He is pretty much one of the central characters of the plot.

Even if that is an understatement he's not like a main character level of importance. He's doing stuff on the side related to the plot with Lain.
Shu is part of the main cast listing for sparking search it up.
(Dec. 30, 2020  1:21 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Dec. 30, 2020  1:20 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote: Only all new characters destroys the link to previous seasons, they aren't gonna do that.

No it doesn’t. They are tons of ways to establish continuity. Have old main characters as minor characters. Have old past events be referenced. Heck, they can even have old systems and beys be showcased.

First of all, other system beys only exist within completely separate universes, this has been confirmed by the mangaka. 

Second of all, older characters as simply minor can't happen. Their has to be past characters that actually do stuff to establish a clear continuation between season. For example. Aiger had his whole Battle Island event.

(Dec. 30, 2020  1:21 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Dec. 30, 2020  1:20 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote: Only all new characters destroys the link to previous seasons, they aren't gonna do that.

By main character I mean the definition for main character dude. Not a protagonist but an important side character. Like Valt.

All Shu is doing is being connected to the Lain plot. He's not influencing the entire story as whole form his presence. They could have SHu not be a teacher and simply want to stop Lain, and it would still be the same level of importance.
(Dec. 30, 2020  1:24 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Dec. 30, 2020  1:21 AM)Zeutron Wrote: No it doesn’t. They are tons of ways to establish continuity. Have old main characters as minor characters. Have old past events be referenced. Heck, they can even have old systems and beys be showcased.

First of all, other system beys only exist within completely separate universes, this has been confirmed by the mangaka. 

Second of all, older characters as simply minor can't happen. Their has to be past characters that actually do stuff to establish a clear continuation between season. For example. Aiger had his whole Battle Island event.

(Dec. 30, 2020  1:21 AM)Zeutron Wrote: No it doesn’t. They are tons of ways to establish continuity. Have old main characters as minor characters. Have old past events be referenced. Heck, they can even have old systems and beys be showcased.

By main character I mean the definition for main character dude. Not a protagonist but an important side character. Like Valt.

All Shu is doing is being connected to the Lain plot. He's not influencing the entire story as whole form his presence. They could have SHu not be a teacher and simply want to stop Lain, and it would still be the same level of importance.

I keep telling you, I’m not referring to an entirely new system but rather just a new generation of burst. Generation meaning a new cast of bladers in the same universe. Also, older characters can totally be minor, it’s been done in anime and manga work before and if Hiro wants it, it can happen. Minor characters can be as simple as being the companion characters.
(Dec. 30, 2020  1:29 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Dec. 30, 2020  1:24 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote: First of all, other system beys only exist within completely separate universes, this has been confirmed by the mangaka. 

I keep telling you, I’m not referring to an entirely new system but rather just a new generation of burst. Generation meaning a new cast of bladers in the same universe. Also, older characters can totally be minor, it’s been done in anime and manga work before and if Hiro wants it, it can happen. Minor characters can be as simple as being the companion characters.

All the returning characters always have a substantial role that influence the story.
(Dec. 30, 2020  1:39 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Dec. 30, 2020  1:29 AM)Zeutron Wrote: I keep telling you, I’m not referring to an entirely new system but rather just a new generation of burst. Generation meaning a new cast of bladers in the same universe. Also, older characters can totally be minor, it’s been done in anime and manga work before and if Hiro wants it, it can happen. Minor characters can be as simple as being the companion characters.

All the returning characters always have a substantial role that influence the story.

Not exactly a rule set in stone. Besides didn’t Xhaka return in Cho z for effectively no reason.
(Dec. 30, 2020  2:08 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Dec. 30, 2020  1:39 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote: All the returning characters always have a substantial role that influence the story.

Not exactly a rule set in stone. Besides didn’t Xhaka return in Cho z for effectively no reason.

its not a rule set in stone, but it has been a pattern that has been in the episodes.