Beyblade Burst DB Episode #46 (February 4, 2022)

46. Scorching-hot! Battle With the High King!!
灼熱!覇王との死闘(バトル)!!
Shakunetsu! Haō to no Batoru!!
Air Date: 2022/02/04
Zankye said this episode is improving. DB's redemption arc commences (I hope). Now I understand why he doesn't like Payne: he's basically like Lain with no chara development. This I can get behind. Flat characters<Round characters anyday!

Also I noticed something similar between this and Journeys: Bel got Perfect Dangerous as abruptly as Goh's Drizzile evolved into Inteleon.
Obviously Rashad takes this cuz of plot, else the story won't go the way the writers want it to go
(Jan. 28, 2022  10:32 AM)p0l1w4g06 Wrote: Zankye said this episode is improving. DB's redemption arc commences (I hope). Now I understand why he doesn't like Payne: he's basically like Lain with no chara development. This I can get behind. Flat characters<Round characters anyday!

Also I noticed something similar between this and Journeys: Bel got Perfect Dangerous as abruptly as Goh's Drizzile evolved into Inteleon.

Yeah I agree, very random but it was inevitable nonetheless
(Jan. 29, 2022  4:00 AM)Legend Red Eye Wrote:
(Jan. 28, 2022  10:32 AM)p0l1w4g06 Wrote: Zankye said this episode is improving. DB's redemption arc commences (I hope). Now I understand why he doesn't like Payne: he's basically like Lain with no chara development. This I can get behind. Flat characters<Round characters anyday!

Yeah I agree, very random but it was inevitable nonetheless
Glad I’m not alone in that.
I assumed this would be just b4 bell vs rashad. What even is the point of pain if he's gonna lose to rashad and dissappear for the remaining 5 episodes which i assume will be valt vs rashad and bell vs rashad
(Jan. 29, 2022  11:13 AM)Koala Spriggan Wrote: I assumed this would be just b4 bell vs rashad. What even is the point of pain if he's gonna lose to rashad and dissappear for the remaining 5 episodes which i assume will be valt vs rashad and bell vs rashad

Plus Valt vs Pain rematch.
(Jan. 29, 2022  9:20 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Jan. 29, 2022  11:13 AM)Koala Spriggan Wrote: I assumed this would be just b4 bell vs rashad. What even is the point of pain if he's gonna lose to rashad and dissappear for the remaining 5 episodes which i assume will be valt vs rashad and bell vs rashad

Plus Valt vs Pain rematch.

I hate to break it to you but we're not getting that rematch
(Jan. 29, 2022  9:51 PM)45° Wrote:
(Jan. 29, 2022  9:20 PM)g2_ Wrote: Plus Valt vs Pain rematch.

I hate to break it to you but we're not getting that rematch

How do you know?
(Jan. 29, 2022  10:45 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Jan. 29, 2022  9:51 PM)45° Wrote: I hate to break it to you but we're not getting that rematch

How do you know?

Why would we get Valt vs Pain? That was just a match to show off heavy mode and what the armor can do.
(Jan. 29, 2022  10:45 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Jan. 29, 2022  9:51 PM)45° Wrote: I hate to break it to you but we're not getting that rematch

How do you know?

Episode 44
Shu: But it's not our job to make him (Payne) realize that.
Valt: (smiles) you're right. 

Meaning Valt and Shu left it to the pros (Bell and Rashad)
(Jan. 29, 2022  10:51 PM)45° Wrote:
(Jan. 29, 2022  10:45 PM)g2_ Wrote: How do you know?

Episode 44

Bell and Rashad are not the pros, Valt and Shu are.

(Jan. 29, 2022  10:50 PM)Darkus/Flasher Wrote:
(Jan. 29, 2022  10:45 PM)g2_ Wrote: How do you know?

Why would we get Valt vs Pain? That was just a match to show off heavy mode and what the armor can do.
But I'm salty that Valt lost.
(Jan. 29, 2022  11:31 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Jan. 29, 2022  10:51 PM)45° Wrote: Episode 44

Bell and Rashad are not the pros, Valt and Shu are.

(Jan. 29, 2022  10:50 PM)Darkus/Flasher Wrote: Why would we get Valt vs Pain? That was just a match to show off heavy mode and what the armor can do.

He meant that in a sarcastic manner. Why so serious?
(Jan. 29, 2022  11:31 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Jan. 29, 2022  10:50 PM)Darkus/Flasher Wrote: Why would we get Valt vs Pain? That was just a match to show off heavy mode and what the armor can do.
That's more a You problem than anything. A valt vs phenomeno rematch wouldn't fit as stuff like a bell and rashad rematch, and valt and rashad rematch which are going to consume a lot of time plus valt doesn't need to beat him it is not his problem to begin with.

Going back on topic it is very ashame that only 6 episode left to this season and there hasnt been any sense of duality between rashad and bell. I would kinda prefer if phenomeno didnt exist and this arc is essentially just them building up the hype between the eventual bell vs rashad rematch or finale which woukd make this last arc felt grand and have more stakes to bell. rn this arc lacks the stakes and tension and it just felt boring just like how i feel the DB tour arc is its not to say that this arc is bad no it just felt meh and if we compared this to sparking last arc even tho that thing is pretty okayish it is more enjoyable for me to watch and the season end goal is much more clear.
Maybe this is when Rashad truly losses it and really shows off his antagonist vibes just like the manga

Hell I wouldn’t be surprised if Rashad breaks Phoenix and calls Phenomeno something even more morbid than “boring”

This might trigger Bell and make him wanna beat him for good and make him realize that he’s the one who is wrong idk it’s just my little theory

(Jan. 30, 2022  12:00 AM)SpeedySuomi Wrote:
(Jan. 29, 2022  11:31 PM)g2_ Wrote: Bell and Rashad are not the pros, Valt and Shu are.

He meant that in a sarcastic manner. Why so serious?

Man is just a blind Valt Stan no offense to you g2
(Jan. 30, 2022  5:47 AM)Legend Red Eye Wrote:
Maybe this is when Rashad truly losses it and really shows off his antagonist vibes just like the manga

Hell I wouldn’t be surprised if Rashad breaks Phoenix and calls Phenomeno something even more morbid than “boring”

This might trigger Bell and make him wanna beat him for good and make him realize that he’s the one who is wrong idk it’s just my little theory

(Jan. 30, 2022  12:00 AM)SpeedySuomi Wrote: He meant that in a sarcastic manner. Why so serious?

It's cool, and yes I'm sensitive to Valt losing. I admit that.
(Jan. 30, 2022  5:19 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Jan. 30, 2022  5:47 AM)Legend Red Eye Wrote: Maybe this is when Rashad truly losses it and really shows off his antagonist vibes just like the manga

It's cool, and yes I'm sensitive to Valt losing. I admit that.

To be fair right when Pain hit Valkyrie to the bottom floor just to trap it in its armor Valt could have easily just used Ultimate Slash V to counter Phoenix attack right before it could hit it to the bottom floor plus it’s not he got destroyed I just say it’s plot and that they just don’t have writing skills to make sense as to why Valt lost when they give us so many reasons of how he can win etc but either way Pain winning shouldn’t be a problem I say Valt fans should be glad by the fact they need plot or an antagonist or protagonist to even beat him
(Jan. 30, 2022  9:20 PM)BeybladeX100 Wrote:
(Jan. 30, 2022  5:19 PM)g2_ Wrote: It's cool, and yes I'm sensitive to Valt losing. I admit that.

To be fair right when Pain hit Valkyrie to the bottom floor just to trap it in its armor Valt could have easily just used Ultimate Slash V to counter Phoenix attack right before it could hit it to the bottom floor plus it’s not he got destroyed I just say it’s plot and that they just don’t have writing skills to make sense as to why Valt lost when they give us so many reasons of how he can win etc but either way Pain winning shouldn’t be a problem I say Valt fans should be glad by the fact they need plot or an antagonist or protagonist to even beat him
Pretty sure Valt wouldn't think of that this fast tbh. That's Valt we are talking about
(Jan. 30, 2022  9:20 PM)BeybladeX100 Wrote:
(Jan. 30, 2022  5:19 PM)g2_ Wrote: It's cool, and yes I'm sensitive to Valt losing. I admit that.

Seriously? Valt fan's should be lucky that the characters have plot? Plot is part of the show. That's like saying "oh, my favorite character only lost because of plot nothing else." I can say the same thing about the end of the show: "oh, Shu only lost to Valt because of plot armor." I've never heard anyone say plot armor when Bell loses or a rookie but when its Shu, Lui, Free, and Valt now you bring up plot armor. The rookies have evolved over the course of the years. Not all of them are like Valt and need practice, some are just naturally talented. Same in the real world.
(Jan. 30, 2022  9:47 PM)Darkus/Flasher Wrote:
(Jan. 30, 2022  9:20 PM)BeybladeX100 Wrote: To be fair right when Pain hit Valkyrie to the bottom floor just to trap it in its armor Valt could have easily just used Ultimate Slash V to counter Phoenix attack right before it could hit it to the bottom floor plus it’s not he got destroyed I just say it’s plot and that they just don’t have writing skills to make sense as to why Valt lost when they give us so many reasons of how he can win etc but either way Pain winning shouldn’t be a problem I say Valt fans should be glad by the fact they need plot or an antagonist or protagonist to even beat him

Seriously? Valt fan's should be lucky that the characters have plot? Plot is part of the show. That's like saying "oh, my favorite character only lost because of plot nothing else." I can say the same thing about the end of the show: "oh, Shu only lost to Valt because of plot armor." I've never heard anyone say plot armor when Bell loses or a rookie but when its Shu, Lui, Free, and Valt now you bring up plot armor. The rookies have evolved over the course of the years. Not all of them are like Valt and need practice, some are just naturally talented. Same in the real world.
Thank you, it's about time someone said it. It's annoying seeing fans say plot armor when a new blader defeats Valt, Free, Lui, or Shu. Like, get off your high horse and just accept that your favorite character lost fair and square.
(Jan. 30, 2022  9:47 PM)Darkus/Flasher Wrote:
(Jan. 30, 2022  9:20 PM)BeybladeX100 Wrote: To be fair right when Pain hit Valkyrie to the bottom floor just to trap it in its armor Valt could have easily just used Ultimate Slash V to counter Phoenix attack right before it could hit it to the bottom floor plus it’s not he got destroyed I just say it’s plot and that they just don’t have writing skills to make sense as to why Valt lost when they give us so many reasons of how he can win etc but either way Pain winning shouldn’t be a problem I say Valt fans should be glad by the fact they need plot or an antagonist or protagonist to even beat him

Say what you will but I stand for what I say never mentioned which plot of a battle Valt lost so quit your defending its really not that serious Valt could have easily just Ultimate Slash V and end the battle but that’s just me you can view it however you want and that’s fine you talk as if I care if Bell loses if anything Bell lost while he just put on the gears plus has ultimate Belial so theirs that so what are you complaining about people not saying anything about Bell that was always the thing ever since he’s been putting on them gears so I really don’t understand what your points is

(Jan. 30, 2022  10:55 PM)Dark red Wrote:
(Jan. 30, 2022  9:47 PM)Darkus/Flasher Wrote: Seriously? Valt fan's should be lucky that the characters have plot? Plot is part of the show. That's like saying "oh, my favorite character only lost because of plot nothing else." I can say the same thing about the end of the show: "oh, Shu only lost to Valt because of plot armor." I've never heard anyone say plot armor when Bell loses or a rookie but when its Shu, Lui, Free, and Valt now you bring up plot armor. The rookies have evolved over the course of the years. Not all of them are like Valt and need practice, some are just naturally talented. Same in the real world.
Thank you, it's about time someone said it. It's annoying seeing fans say plot armor when a new blader defeats Valt, Free, Lui, or Shu. Like, get off your high horse and just accept that your favorite character lost fair and square.
I’m fine with the legends losing besides I saw every single one of you people start complaining when even Valt lost to Lean and majority of them aren’t even Valt fans I didn’t say Valt had plot losing in DB I agree Valt fans over exaggerate when he loses like I said I don’t care if he lost to pain but to me dude could have easily bursted Phoenix so yea their are times when the writers have dookie writing skills but meh
After going as long as he has without losing, it seems like Payne is finally going to suffer his first defeat... and to Rashad. I gotta say, if they do end up doing that, it would make his character pointless altogether. They bring him in, hype him up as some big threat, have him prance around for 2-3 episodes whilst hardly bringing any depth or personality to the table and then he loses in the most pointless character arc ever. Of course, it's not set in stone or anything, but if they do make Payne lose that would be lame IMO