Beyblade Burst DB Episode #33 (November 5, 2021)

33) Reverse! Reverse! A Great Counterattack!!
逆転!逆転!!大逆襲!!!
Gyakuten! Gyakuten! ! Dai gyakushū!!!
Air Date: 2021/11/05
This gotta be one of my personal favorite episode in db
We finally see Bell starting to appreciate his friend Ranzo more
Spoiler Alert ⚠️

Episode 33 is the best animated episode since like Cho-Z, period. I wanna start this episode review by saying when the announcer was announcing the 3rd battle, that was probably one of the funniest moment ever lmao. That serious deep tone *ThIrD BaTtLe* was hilarious. We finally got to know if he's an actual human or not since he has been saying those same 5 words since like season 1 LMAO. I laughed more than I should've and choked on my food. But I'm fine now. Ahem anyways back to the review.
Now, many may have different takes on Bell and Basara's battle. But here's my take on this: In the middle of their Battle, Bell realized that oh wow Basara really improved a lot to stand toe to toe with him. And he was in that state of realization the whole time until the battle almost came to an end where both beys were low on spin. And ofc Basara thus takes the battle. Another nostalgic moment was when Valt was choosing the contenders for the tag team battle. That moment really reminded me of S1 and S2 tag team battles where Valt was the captain and he had to choose someone and the contenders would fight among themselves (I'm looking at you Wakiya, Rantaro and Sisco).
Moving on to the tag battles, it was Bell & Ranzo vs Basara & Ilya. First off, this tag battle was way more fun to watch than those dumbass Sparking tag battles where there were hardly any strategies except a few. Team Bell does take the win here because Ilya and Basara came up with the the dumbest strategy ever. Ilya should've known that if Bahamut's wings activated, it'd mess up their mojo and then they'd lose. Speaking of Ilya, I still haven't seen anything crazy outstanding performance from her to this day. Imo, Basara is way better of a blader than Ilya is. Anyhow, this episode was an absolute bomber (pun intended) and you can't miss out on this as it is 12/10 episode.
(Nov. 05, 2021  11:12 AM)Cath Wrote: Spoiler Alert ⚠️

Episode 33 is the best animated episode since like Cho-Z, period. I wanna start this episode review by saying when the announcer was announcing the 3rd battle, that was probably one of the funniest moment ever lmao. That serious deep tone *ThIrD BaTtLe* was hilarious. This was like the first character interaction we had with that guy since like season 1. I laughed more than I should've and choked on my food. But I'm fine now. Ahem anyways back to the review.
Now, many may have different takes on Bell and Basara's battle. But here's my take on this: In the middle of their Battle, Bell realized that oh wow Basara really improved a lot to stand toe to toe with him. And he was in that state of realization the whole time until the battle almost came to an end where both beys were low on spin. And ofc Basara thus takes the battle. Another nostalgic moment was when Valt was choosing the contenders for the tag team battle. That moment really reminded me of S1 and S2 tag team battles where Valt was the captain and he had to choose someone and the contenders would fight among themselves (I'm looking at you Wakiya, Rantaro and Sisco).
Moving on to the tag battles, it was Bell & Ranzo vs Basara & Ilya. First off, this tag battle was way more fun to watch than those dumbass Sparking tag battles where there were hardly any strategies except a few. Team Bell does take the win here because Ilya and Basara came up with the the dumbest strategy ever. Ilya should've known that if Bahamut's wings activated, it'd mess up their mojo and then they'd lose. Speaking of Ilya, I still haven't seen anything crazy outstanding performance from her to this day. Imo, Basara is way better of a blader than Ilya is. Anyhow, this episode was an absolute bomber (pun intended) and you can't miss out on this as it is 12/10 episode.

I wouldn't exactly say that their strategy was dumb, but it was timed badly. Had Basara let Roar activate all of its wings first before colliding with Ifrit, they could've theoretically had it in the bag, unless Belial overpowers one Bey or sets them off balance (the most likely candidate for this is Ifrit). Speaking of Ifrit, Ilya really had some weak performances throughout just like what you said, it's like she's Yuki Tsunoda, shows some great skill at the start but is just dog water along the way. Other than that, this episode was sick, and didn't just use the same 30 animations for each attack.
(Nov. 05, 2021  5:11 PM)SpeedySuomi Wrote:

Episode 33 is the best animated episode since like Cho-Z, period. I wanna start this episode review by saying when the announcer was announcing the 3rd battle, that was probably one of the funniest moment ever lmao. That serious deep tone *ThIrD BaTtLe* was hilarious. This was like the first character interaction we had with that guy since like season 1. I laughed more than I should've and choked on my food. But I'm fine now. Ahem anyways back to the review.

I wouldn't exactly say that their strategy was dumb, but it was timed badly. Had Basara let Roar activate all of its wings first before colliding with Ifrit, they could've theoretically had it in the bag, unless Belial overpowers one Bey or sets them off balance (the most likely candidate for this is Ifrit). Speaking of Ifrit, Ilya really had some weak performances throughout just like what you said, it's like she's Yuki Tsunoda, shows some great skill at the start but is just dog water along the way. Other than that, this episode was sick, and didn't just use the same 30 animations for each attack.

I hope they don't waste her... since she is the first female to get her own named bey (this has been said too many times now but still...)
Bro burst shippers be like Basara X Ilya (ok I'll stop xd)

fr tho nice to see Basara finally win. However, it didn't last that long when Bell finally got back into shape. The strategy this kid pulled was marvelous. I am starting to think this series is shifting it's tone from Bell proving himself the Demon King to being more friendly with others, cooperating with them and what not. I see a big difference in his character when he started compared to now. He has respect for Ranzo no matter how much he fights with him. He realized that he has been wrong to Basara as well during the battle which says a lot about how much he has grown. Even during the 2v2 he wasn't mad that Basara won but made it clear that they will win and they did.

(Speculations: I feel like that is going to be the same with Rashad as well where he sees that Bell isn't really a bad guy like he thought. Same thing that Valt told him countless times. Maybe this is when we see Pain debut and possibly everyone teams up against him in the final episodes of this series. At this point, I do expect him to be like a combo of Arthur and Phi being the main antagonist of this series. Ultimately, it will be a happy ending where they all just be rivals, having a good time and settle their differences. I don't see that as a bad thing necessarily since the focus of this series really hasn't been set, Bell really has no goals in this series other than proving to the world he is the Mao. Nor he has any interest being the best in the world so bringing back the legendary bladers makes no sense really.)

I think how they are keeping up with Valt and the rest of the DB squad is fine. Valt and Wakiya feel more like actual characters in the series compared to brief appearances of Free, Shu and Lui which I am fine with. I am just glad we are getting to see a bit of everyone new in the series.

Long story short, I do believe they are doing this like GT where the 2 teams (coincidentally a 3v3 tournament) go head to head but for rivalry sake of things. Maybe somewhere between this tournament like the Battle Island, Pain will interrupt like Arthur but I hope they don't copy much events like GT. Hoping they continue with their original path and no 2v2s honestly. Keep them 1v1s I feel like the majority, myself included are tired with 2v2s thanks to Superking.
Tag battles made sense in sparking even though I wasn't a big fan of it. Here's why:
1. There are two protagonists.
2. Since all the most popular characters made a return, they didn't want to make them look bad by losing at 1v1. Take Free vs Lui for example. If they fought in a 1v1 match during the tournaments and someone lost, then their fan would be very upset about it. Or take Free vs Lane in the tag means. Free didn't even get to touch Lane during the entire battle cuz Shu took him out. Let alone getting revenge on Lane lol. But that's the problem the anime got rid of. They didn't want Free to lose against Lane cuz Lane is obviously somehow more powerful than Free. If it were a 1v1 match, both of them were bound to clash and Free was bound to lose. These are some of the problems they eliminated by doing tag team battles. Now since we had tag team battles, we can give ourself an excuse that Oh Free lost cuz Shu took him out, else he would've beaten Lane. That's exactly what the anime wanted by doing the tag team battles. Fans will give themselves excuse to make them feel better. Another example is Lui & Drum Vs Valt & Rantaro. Longinus and Valkyrie were going to clash directly and then Drum had to butt in and unbalance Valkyrie 😂. If Drum didn't interrupt, the results could've been different. But Valt fans will give themselves excuse saying oh it's because Drum interrupted, else Valt would've definitely took the W. That's how they managed to keep the prestige of all the legends. So I applaud them for pulling a good one on us.
I do wonder how pain will be introduced in this arc? Will he interrupt a match? Or will there be another tournament? I hoped that we would see more of Shu and free but it seems as if they don't have a role to play. I like how they've handled Valt this season. He is his usual cheery self and helps others. People who call him a punching bag do not realise that being the strongest doesn't mean being unbeatable; it's just that he wins most of his battles which is true.
Bell is slowly begining to see how his actions really affect others; he is slowly becoming less arrogant and I'm all for it. Hopefully we see some more character development.
The opposing team is pretty good and it is nice to see real teamwork between them too. I like how Rashad encourages and helps Basara get confidence, it's as if Rashad is a nice person who just dislikes Bell.
(Nov. 06, 2021  8:05 AM)Vtryuga Wrote: People who call him a punching bag do not realise that being the strongest doesn't mean being unbeatable; it's just that he wins most of his battles which is true.
I have to disagree on this part partially yes valt wins most of his battle but when you see him lose it doesn't really look like a big deal like there's no big struggle or it just looks too easy (e.g. ep 32). This why I'm not really a fan of bey battles in this season they sometimes choreograph they battle weirdly or the build up to it is weird

Episode 33 is the best animated episode since like Cho-Z, period. I wanna start this episode review by saying when the announcer was announcing the 3rd battle, that was probably one of the funniest moment ever lmao. That serious deep tone *ThIrD BaTtLe* was hilarious. We finally got to know if he's an actual human or not since he has been saying those same 5 words since like season 1 LMAO. I laughed more than I should've and choked on my food. But I'm fine now. Ahem anyways back to the review.
In the middle of their Battle, Bell realized that oh wow Basara really improved a lot to stand toe to toe with him. And he was in that state of realization the whole time until the battle almost came to an end where both beys were low on spin. And ofc Basara thus takes the battle.

I do like the episode