Beyblade Burst DB Episode #24 (September 3, 2021)

Idk nothing about the anime because bell sus
(Sep. 03, 2021  8:15 AM)g2_ Wrote: I literally couldn't care less about this season.

Honestly, it is kinda boring.
Although the episode was good. I think its finally dawning on me that these sort of mindless tournaments are getting boring. Tbh I dont really care about the characters and hence DB is pretty boring. I mean in a way its a repeat of sparking but instead of it being ridiculus its boring. I mean we dont even know who the antagonist is and hence there is no conflict in the plot. Sparking while ridiculous was at least mildly interesting because of lean schisms. But here its ep 24-25 and we dont know what the main character is fighting for other than the rudimentary Im the best in the world.
(Sep. 03, 2021  4:00 PM)Vtryuga Wrote: Although the episode was good. I think its finally dawning on me that these sort of mindless tournaments are getting boring. Tbh I dont really care about the characters and hence DB is pretty boring. I mean in a way its a repeat of sparking but instead of it being ridiculus its boring. I mean we dont even know who the antagonist is and hence there is no conflict in the plot. Sparking while ridiculous was at least mildly interesting because of lean schisms. But here its ep 24-25 and we dont know what the main character is fighting for other than the rudimentary Im the best in the world.
Exactly, couldn't have said it better myself.
My review ln this thing.

I think my personal problem with DB (and why I've been very on and off watching whole episodes of it), and the modern seasons as a whole, is that everything feels too repetitive within it's own Burst series. Like others have said, so far DB is mostly mindless tournaments and easily accessing the opportunities some "best in the world" title.

I understand that it's the slashed duration, but they waste time too. I missed when characters had their own things going on. Where's the "Shu has a strained arm and having to endure it" subplot? Where's the "Kensuke overcoming his shyness and talk" stuff? Where's the "Daina feels guilt over cheating in a battle" stuff? Where's the "Kristina becomes insecure over leading BC Sol solo"? That sort of stuff that added a bit more to their cast, even if it was small. Now it's replaced with side characters who only serve as test dummies for new releases and thrown to the wayside for most, if not for all of the season. I'm not saying need massive arcs or to be super in-depth, but just anything to better flesh out the side characters.

Bell has an interesting concept, almost like Aiga's in a way, except he wants to defend his reputation, but most of it is just "he sees new major bey, and makes gear based on it" every time, which works in a pragmatic standpoint, but it feels soulless.
(Sep. 03, 2021  6:15 PM)Jinbee Wrote: My review ln this thing.

I think my personal problem with DB (and why I've been very on and off watching whole episodes of it), and the modern seasons as a whole, is that everything feels too repetitive within it's own Burst series. Like others have said, so far DB is mostly mindless tournaments and easily accessing the opportunities some "best in the world" title.

I understand that it's the slashed duration, but they waste time too. I missed when characters had their own things going on. Where's the "Shu has a strained arm and having to endure it" subplot? Where's the "Kensuke overcoming his shyness and talk" stuff? Where's the "Daina feels guilt over cheating in a battle" stuff? Where's the "Kristina becomes insecure over leading BC Sol solo"? That sort of stuff that added a bit more to their cast, even if it was small. Now it's replaced with side characters who only serve as test dummies for new releases and thrown to the wayside for most, if not for all of the season. I'm not saying need massive arcs or to be super in-depth, but just anything to better flesh out the side characters.

Bell has an interesting concept, almost like Aiga's in a way, except he wants to defend his reputation, but most of it is just "he sees new major bey, and makes gear based on it" every time, which works in a pragmatic standpoint, but it feels soulless.

The Belial upgrades was the worst thing that could have happened to the anime. Now instead defeating opponents by using at least some sort of strategy Bell becomes stronger just by creating new parts. I've always found those bey-making machines in the anime dumb as hell but now it seems like every blader is using one and upgrading beys and parts is becoming more and more important every season. 

They always waste at least half an episode fawning over every upgrade and it shows they couldn't care less about the story and just want to advertise stuff. Throw in a few fan favourite characters, turn the already simple dialogue into nothing but one-liners (seriously, look at Valt. For the past 10 or so episodes 99% of his dialogue is just "Oh that's Bell for you haha!", the last time he said anything of value was in that Rashad's flashback *ages* ago), and just have them hang out and battle pointless battles, afterall the important part is showcasing new products.

The thing is, it wasn't always like this.
(Sep. 03, 2021  3:35 PM)Limetka Wrote:
(Sep. 03, 2021  8:15 AM)g2_ Wrote: I literally couldn't care less about this season.

Honestly, it is kinda boring.

Maybe boring on some end but you have to admit this series right now is 10x better than Superking.

(Sep. 03, 2021  7:06 PM)Limetka Wrote:

The Belial upgrades was the worst thing that could have happened to the anime. Now instead defeating opponents by using at least some sort of strategy Bell becomes stronger just by creating new parts. I've always found those bey-making machines in the anime dumb as hell but now it seems like every blader is using one and upgrading beys and parts is becoming more and more important every season. 

They always waste at least half an episode fawning over every upgrade and it shows they couldn't care less about the story and just want to advertise stuff. Throw in a few fan favourite characters, turn the already simple dialogue into nothing but one-liners (seriously, look at Valt. For the past 10 or so episodes 99% of his dialogue is just "Oh that's Bell for you haha!", the last time he said anything of value was in that Rashad's flashback *ages* ago), and just have them hang out and battle pointless battles, afterall the important part is showcasing new products.

I agree with you there, I am a bit disappointed how they portray Bell's growth by just making him new upgrades and the worst part of it all. Even after all those 4 gears, he is going to get a newly upgraded bey after that like...this series is totally revolving around Belial for almost every single release. I do hope once he gets this new Belial he starts to go on the strategy phase rather than another set of 4 gears on the new Belial that would be a slap on the face honestly...all those DLCs just to get replaced by a new Belial right after the final gear is released...oof

IMO, Valt seems to have the more important role in this series. Superking was revolving majorly on Shu, I see Valt will get the major spotlight in the future when Rashad gets his proper development.

Ppl think Basara is going to be different, yet I think his days are already over. I know it's too early to say but the fact they introduced Rashad, Ilya and Bell going in the upgrades he is already getting shafted by these guys. His only relevancy was to get his Solomon upgraded to Bahamut and become that Fubuki 2.0 again...rough. Ranzo has already proven himself to be nothing different than his cousins.

I mean the anime was set to end by the end of God series. After the God series that's when this show started to truly reveal its intentions to be a promotional show. At this point, I really don't expect any season to outclass the stuff you mentioned from S1 because that's when the anime writers truly cared about the story. The series is just a promotional show at this point. I wouldn't be surprised if Season 7 releases and the same thing happens with a new protagonist/bey because that's their way to keep the releases going.

(Sep. 03, 2021  4:00 PM)Vtryuga Wrote: Although the episode was good. I think its finally dawning on me that these sort of mindless tournaments are getting boring. Tbh I dont really care about the characters and hence DB is pretty boring. I mean in a way its a repeat of sparking but instead of it being ridiculus its boring. I mean we dont even know who the antagonist is and hence there is no conflict in the plot. Sparking while ridiculous was at least mildly interesting because of lean schisms. But here its ep 24-25 and we dont know what the main character is fighting for other than the rudimentary Im the best in the world.

I agree with you some points you mentioned, however, I am personally enjoying DB more than Superking. The reason being? No overpowered antagonist who dominates everyone...JK but for real tho, one thing that is keeping me interested in DB is Bell. I have a love and hate relationship with this guy, he is funny on some ends but he knows how to take a loss, unlike the Asahis who were the definition of being annoying craps. I do agree that this series is going relatively slow on the pacing and the purpose of the series really hasn't been established other than Bell creating the DB system and everyone just upgrading their beys...
(Sep. 03, 2021  7:06 PM)Limetka Wrote:
(Sep. 03, 2021  6:15 PM)Jinbee Wrote:

Mhm, that's true and I am aware that it wasn't always like this either, hence my examples from Burst S1 and God, which were decent Burst series.

Like I'll admit that the concept of Belial getting upgrades based on the four legends are cool, but I think he really should've earned it. Have the parts actually be a part of the combos (like F Gear being on Fafnir before he gives it) and it would only be given later as Bell took time to beat each one at a time. Look at the God series, Valt didn't get the Strike God Chip right away despite it being there, and that's because he wasn't ready for it and had to earn it. In S1, Variable was worn down throughout the series, which advertised the gimmick, but it worked because Valt had to use it repeatedly and build up experience which resulted in his Valkyrie becoming stronger, that was perfect. The show is meant to be an advertisement, but it isn't meant to be so obvious. Even Metal Fight, where Madoka was so blatantly advertising through analysing beys, at least it all still felt like a story.

The overly simplistic dialogue in DB bothers me too, I understand that it is for kids, and I'm not expecting super deep dialogue that talks about heavy subjects, but like you've mentioned, the dialogue is too short, and lacks substance. Ilya Mao first interaction to Bell was just "Hey you won y'know", and that was it, sure it doesn't need much, but that's too shallow. She could ask why he isn't celebrating. Doesn't help that Bell's friends hardly get much either due to being more sidelined.
ER, can a Takara Tomy Magma Ifrit appear ?