Beyblade Burst Competitive Combos List & Public Discussion [TENTATIVE]

(Jun. 24, 2017  12:37 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote:
(Jun. 23, 2017  5:56 PM)Socramae Wrote: @ rebel i know thats why i posted here seeing if any one with a large collection can do  it for me the thing is oval i guess the way it lines up on the layer it seems decent which goes with what shaady says  oddly enough using the O when i put R2OA against my other beys(granted only 3) its layer wont move and itll either hit them out of the ring or spin finnish itself with the other beys close to bursting but obviously hat doesnt mean its top tier till further testing sadly i cant so im wondering if any one else can

i get ur point. but the thing is ur layer had been paired with a TT driver thats why its so difficult to burst. if some other person test this combo the combo wont be good because of the oval disk even tho O lines up pretty good with R2 but its too light but all this doesnt mean u shouldn't request testing tho but i think it would be better to test it with down but thats just my opinion.

yeah and well thats the thing tho with the revolve its lose as heck on R2 for the most part i think its the Accel driver that natrually slide tight and well but yeah i see your point about oval i really think they should make a heavier version then
(Jun. 24, 2017  6:50 AM)Socramae Wrote:
(Jun. 24, 2017  12:37 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote: i get ur point. but the thing is ur layer had been paired with a TT driver thats why its so difficult to burst. if some other person test this combo the combo wont be good because of the oval disk even tho O lines up pretty good with R2 but its too light but all this doesnt mean u shouldn't request testing tho but i think it would be better to test it with down but thats just my opinion.

yeah and well thats the thing tho with the revolve its lose as heck on R2 for the most part i think its the Accel driver that natrually slide tight and well but yeah i see your point about oval i really think they should make a heavier version then

the new core disk "2" is pretty similar to oval and is pretty heavy too.
I made some strawpolls for the Attack Layers, so hopefully we can at least have some form of popular consensus, even if everyone is not in total agreement on what the best Layers for KOing/Bursting are?

http://www.strawpoll.me/13287627
http://www.strawpoll.me/13287690

All these variations in parts that make one part work for one person and not for another make it a real headache to try and come up with a comprehensive top-tier list...

EDIT: please do not vote for a Layer if you do not actually own it. This is intended to be based on real experiences with the part, not impressions from Youtube videos or the anime.
(Jun. 27, 2017  7:49 AM)Wombat Wrote: I made some strawpolls for the Attack Layers, so hopefully we can at least have some form of popular consensus, even if everyone is not in total agreement on what the best Layers for KOing/Bursting are?

All these variations in parts that make one part work for one person and not for another make it a real headache to try and come up with a comprehensive top-tier list...
i think there should also be a list of layers in which they are ordered according to their potential to ko opponent and also another list in which they are ordered according to their potential to burst opponent.
(Jun. 27, 2017  8:09 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote:
(Jun. 27, 2017  7:49 AM)Wombat Wrote: I made some strawpolls for the Attack Layers, so hopefully we can at least have some form of popular consensus, even if everyone is not in total agreement on what the best Layers for KOing/Bursting are?

i think there should also be a list of layers in which they are ordered according to their potential to ko opponent and also another list in which they are ordered according to their potential to burst opponent.

Or you could just vote on which ones you think are top tier which can help us finally update this tier lost
(Jun. 27, 2017  9:51 AM)mj9 Wrote:
(Jun. 27, 2017  8:09 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote: i think there should also be a list of layers in which they are ordered according to their potential to ko opponent and also another list in which they are ordered according to their potential to burst opponent.

Or you could just vote on which ones you think are top tier which can help us finally update this tier lost

i voted on both. i was just expressing my opinion back in the zero g era i saw a list of attavk chrome wheels according to their attack power so i suggested there should also be one for burst.and they should be seperate according to TT and hasbro meta game.

Wow thats nice idea though I think tbh you should restrict votes to those who actually owns it. Because I see many people voted for things that doesn't really makes sence. Aka L2 being Burst Attacker. Because some people may just assume based on what they seen on YT as well as based on wnat they read (which always might not true). So I think if we take option from people actually tried it would make it much more accurate or it may get full of most popular layers as option

No offence to anyone btw Smile
(Jun. 27, 2017  8:50 PM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote:

Wow thats nice idea though I think tbh you should restrict votes to those who actually owns it. Because I see many people voted for things that doesn't really makes sence. Aka L2 being Burst Attacker. Because some people may just assume based on what they seen on YT as well as based on wnat they read (which always might not true). So I think if we take option from people actually tried it would make it much more accurate or it may get full of most popular layers as option

First of all, L2 could be a good burst attacker at low stamina, which has been tested months ago. The last second bursts can be absolutely crucial to the matchup.
Also, I don't think there's a very concrete way of testing for the ownership of certain beys, because anyone can just claim to own one online and nobody can verify their claims. Great idea at first, but this falls flat on its face in execution.
(Jun. 28, 2017  12:27 AM)Bastillon Wrote:
(Jun. 27, 2017  8:50 PM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: Wow thats nice idea though I think tbh you should restrict votes to those who actually owns it. Because I see many people voted for things that doesn't really makes sence. Aka L2 being Burst Attacker. Because some people may just assume based on what they seen on YT as well as based on wnat they read (which always might not true). So I think if we take option from people actually tried it would make it much more accurate or it may get full of most popular layers as option

First of all, L2 could be a good burst attacker at low stamina, which has been tested months ago. The last second bursts can be absolutely crucial to the matchup.
Also, I don't think there's a very concrete way of testing for the ownership of certain beys, because anyone can just claim to own one online and nobody can verify their claims. Great idea at first, but this falls flat on its face in execution.

I agree with you on the first part, but why do you believe that our method of verification for the Rose Gold Face, or for any sellers wanting to do business at all here, is not good or possible?
(Jun. 28, 2017  12:27 AM)Bastillon Wrote:
(Jun. 27, 2017  8:50 PM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: Wow thats nice idea though I think tbh you should restrict votes to those who actually owns it. Because I see many people voted for things that doesn't really makes sence. Aka L2 being Burst Attacker. Because some people may just assume based on what they seen on YT as well as based on wnat they read (which always might not true). So I think if we take option from people actually tried it would make it much more accurate or it may get full of most popular layers as option

Good point but that doesn't make it dedicated Burst "Attack" type. Its more of a balance type on Hold setups (which I assume you were refering to) and it is meant to OS things as well. It can be countered by weak launching too. If you call something "burst attacker" it should consistantly do what its meant to. Sure they can be countered using things but they stil does what they supposed to do (like despite D2 ironwalls V2,V2 still moves D2 around and sometimes KO it. It's less effective but its always there. L2 can be countered by launching your bey weak so it isn't its primary ability).

Well a pic of bey with name on paper chit lol? We have been using it simce years to prove our parts. BTW I wasn't saying to provide everytime you comment on it or prove before voting as it would be just too much and make people not vote all together. I meant to tell people vote only if you have experience or own the part to avoid votes based completely on what they heard or there favourite bey or what they seen on YT (results might be edited so I meant dont go on which bey won in end rather how it was doing in battle which can give real idea of how a part does hit or performance then deciding by outcome). Sure it won't completely stop such a vote but atleast reduce them and let us get more accurate results.
(Jun. 28, 2017  12:28 AM)Kai-V Wrote: I agree with you on the first part, but why do you believe that our method of verification for the Rose Gold Face, or for any sellers wanting to do business at all here, is not good or possible?
For one, not everyone can participate in tournaments and communicate with WBO committee members directly all the time. Having to pm a committee for every single future purchase is an unrealistic demand for us. I myself live on the other side of the globe and there are zero WBO tournaments that I know of, and I can post fake results if I wanted to by falsely claiming to have a certain bey or part. While I wouldn't do such things out of good faith, the hard truth is that there will be no way of verifying my claims of ownership of my beys if I never chose to disclose anything in the first place. If only members with the faces are allowed to vote, a good portion will be deprived of the right to do so as they may forget or didn't want to disclose their ownership of new purchases.
(Jun. 28, 2017  12:51 AM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: Well a pic of bey with name on paper chit lol? We have been using it simce years to prove our parts. BTW I wasn't saying to provide everytime you comment on it or prove before voting as it would be just too much and make people not vote all together. I meant to tell people vote only if you have experience or own the part to avoid votes based completely on what they heard or there favourite bey or what they seen on YT (results might be edited so I meant dont go on which bey won in end rather how it was doing in battle which can give real idea of how a part does hit or performance then deciding by outcome). Sure it won't completely stop such a vote but atleast reduce them and let us get more accurate results.
Again, this can only be a general guideline rather than a strict rule, because there isn't a way to enforce it. The pictures could belong to someone else, and the sheet of paper is just pure useless. We can only expect people to act in good faith, and we can't force them to do so.
(Jun. 27, 2017  8:09 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote: i think there should also be a list of layers in which they are ordered according to their potential to ko opponent and also another list in which they are ordered according to their potential to burst opponent.

That's exactly the issue I'm trying to solve with the poll. In Burst there's a lot of disagreement over which Attack Layers are good and which aren't just due to the inconsistent performances across different people. For example, Victory Valkyrie works really well for me - I can consistently KO almost any pre-L2 combo with it - but other people have described it as garbage or "the Chaos of Attack types".

That's also the reason why there's two different polls, one for each kind of Attack, otherwise people might get confused and, say, put Xcalibur on a stationary Driver like Revolve.

(Jun. 27, 2017  8:50 PM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: Wow thats nice idea though I think tbh you should restrict votes to those who actually owns it. Because I see many people voted for things that doesn't really makes sence. Aka L2 being Burst Attacker. Because some people may just assume based on what they seen on YT as well as based on wnat they read (which always might not true). So I think if we take option from people actually tried it would make it much more accurate or it may get full of most popular layers as option

Unfortunately, there's not really a way to restrict who votes on a poll as far as I know, and even if I had made it a WBO poll that shows who voted for what, there's still the controversy of only counting votes that "actually matter" (i.e., does the user own the parts, are they making an informed vote, etc.)

So far I've just edited my post with the poll, so hopefully that'll deter at least some of the people voting because of the anime or Youtube videos.
(Jun. 28, 2017  7:26 AM)Wombat Wrote:
(Jun. 27, 2017  8:09 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote: i think there should also be a list of layers in which they are ordered according to their potential to ko opponent and also another list in which they are ordered according to their potential to burst opponent.

That's exactly the issue I'm trying to solve with the poll. In Burst there's a lot of disagreement over which Attack Layers are good and which aren't just due to the inconsistent performances across different people. For example, Victory Valkyrie works really well for me - I can consistently KO almost any pre-L2 combo with it - but other people have described it as garbage or "the Chaos of Attack types".

That's also the reason why there's two different polls, one for each kind of Attack, otherwise people might get confused and, say, put Xcalibur on a stationary Driver like Revolve.

No offence to anyone btw :)

Unfortunately, there's not really a way to restrict who votes on a poll as far as I know, and even if I had made it a WBO poll that shows who voted for what, there's still the controversy of only counting votes that "actually matter" (i.e., does the user own the parts, are they making an informed vote, etc.)

So far I've just edited my post with the poll, so hopefully that'll deter at least some of the people voting because of the anime or Youtube videos.

i think there should be seperate polls for hasbro only format attack layers.also no X2 and hasbro R2?
Does anyone know good combos for odax and odax O2?
(Jun. 28, 2017  5:14 AM)Bastillon Wrote: For one, not everyone can participate in tournaments and communicate with WBO committee members directly all the time. Having to pm a committee for every single future purchase is an unrealistic demand for us. I myself live on the other side of the globe and there are zero WBO tournaments that I know of, and I can post fake results if I wanted to by falsely claiming to have a certain bey or part. While I wouldn't do such things out of good faith, the hard truth is that there will be no way of verifying my claims of ownership of my beys if I never chose to disclose anything in the first place. If only members with the faces are allowed to vote, a good portion will be deprived of the right to do so as they may forget or didn't want to disclose their ownership of new purchases.

It is basically part of culture now to take photographs of their recent purchases anyway, so I do not see why it is that much of an issue. People already do it in the Recent Beyblade Purchases topic.
(Oct. 17, 2015  7:14 PM)Wombat Wrote:
Beyblade Burst Competitive Combos List

Attack
  • Valkyrie Heavy/Force Xtreme/Accel/ɑssault
  • Xcalibur/ɑmaterios Heavy Xtreme

Defense

Stationary Defense
  • Wyvern Heavy/Armed Needle/Claw
  • Neptune Heavy/Armed Defense/Needle/Claw
Mobile Defense
  • Wyvern Heavy/Spread Accel/Zephyr/Blow/ɑssault

Stamina

Stationary Stamina
  • Deathscyther Heavy/Ring/Spread Defense/Survive
Mobile Stamina
  • Deathscyther Heavy/Spread/Ring Accel/Blow/Zephyr

Balance

Burst Attack/Stamina Hybrids
  • Valkyrie Heavy/Spread Claw/Survive

This is really cool.
(Jul. 21, 2017  2:13 PM)corvettezr8 Wrote: This is really cool.

it's also severely outdated. deathscyther is banned now LOL
(Jul. 21, 2017  3:00 PM)Jimmyjazz39 Wrote:
(Jul. 21, 2017  2:13 PM)corvettezr8 Wrote: This is really cool.

it's also severely outdated. deathscyther is banned now LOL

Darnell

Darn it I mean LoL
Instead of voting, couldnt we just base it on tournament reports? I know attack isnt seeing a ton of play, but maybe we could do something to increase motivation to use attack types? Like offer extra rank points, or make a new bit based on if youve used so many atk types? I mean i know you cant base an entire beyblades performance on a few tournaments, but it would be what is winning in the category. Idk. Just my 2 cents.
If deathscyther is banned how

Come its used in certain tournaments
(Aug. 06, 2017  2:02 AM)DiamondPanda7 Wrote: If deathscyther is banned how

what do you certain tournamnets are you talking outside the wbo

Deathscyther is only banned in official TT tournaments and WBO tournaments

It must be before its ban lol
(Aug. 06, 2017  2:40 AM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: