Beyblade Burst Competitive Combos List & Public Discussion [TENTATIVE]

(Jun. 13, 2017  5:41 AM)Wombat Wrote: I really would not recommend using Wild Wyvern in any situation whatsoever... its teeth are just too small to keep it from bursting or allow it to burst anything else. I was able to defeat a stock W2 3-0 using Neptune Knuckle Revolve exclusively through bursting it, and Vertical Orbit is even a relatively burst-resistant setup (though Vertical's stamina is admittedly terrible).
W2FX focuses on the ideas of maintaining initiative and psychological advantage. Against a D2 combo, most would either run with another D2 (which given the launch strength of both opponents, this would be a bad idea), X2, X, V or V2 (all these layers are fairly questionable against D2). Sure, you might get to score a burst against D2 with the above layers, but there's a far more likely chance of failing and just lose the match. K2 is good, but it fails to best D2 in stamina. W2, on the other hand, allows double bursts consistently, making it an ideal candidate for a KO combo, especially against D2, since you can reset the match without much effort. Also, with the benefit of using an unconventional combo, opponents are less likely to be able to adapt to this situation, increasing the likelihood of a faulty launch under pressure. If you've seen the W2 thread, double bursts are frequent. If someone wishes to win, they must attempt to stop losing, and W2 can grant them this wish. Is it a competitive combo? Not by a long shot. However,  this could be a potential surprise combo to deal with the D2 meta.
Meanwhile, I suggest arranging the lists according to a time-line, similar to how video game patches are ordered, with the most recent on top and the former combos at the bottom. In this way, you don't need to erase previously competitive but recently outclassed combos, and you can just add a date to indicate their relevance. Spoiler tags are also recommended for commentaries and reasoning for each combo.
(Jun. 13, 2017  9:51 AM)Bastillon Wrote:
(Jun. 13, 2017  5:41 AM)Wombat Wrote: I really would not recommend using Wild Wyvern in any situation whatsoever... its teeth are just too small to keep it from bursting or allow it to burst anything else. I was able to defeat a stock W2 3-0 using Neptune Knuckle Revolve exclusively through bursting it, and Vertical Orbit is even a relatively burst-resistant setup (though Vertical's stamina is admittedly terrible).
W2FX focuses on the ideas of maintaining initiative and psychological advantage. Against a D2 combo, most would either run with another D2 (which given the launch strength of both opponents, this would be a bad idea), X2, X, V or V2 (all these layers are fairly questionable against D2). Sure, you might get to score a burst against D2 with the above layers, but there's a far more likely chance of failing and just lose the match. K2 is good, but it fails to best D2 in stamina. W2, on the other hand, allows double bursts consistently, making it an ideal candidate for a KO combo, especially against D2, since you can reset the match without much effort. Also, with the benefit of using an unconventional combo, opponents are less likely to be able to adapt to this situation, increasing the likelihood of a faulty launch under pressure. If you've seen the W2 thread, double bursts are frequent. If someone wishes to win, they must attempt to stop losing, and W2 can grant them this wish. Is it a competitive combo? Not by a long shot. However,  this could be a potential surprise combo to deal with the D2 meta.
Meanwhile, I suggest arranging the lists according to a time-line, similar to how video game patches are ordered, with the most recent on top and the former combos at the bottom. In this way, you don't need to erase previously competitive but recently outclassed combos, and you can just add a date to indicate their relevance. Spoiler tags are also recommended for commentaries and reasoning for each combo.

I found that WHR is a good matchup against D2_O combos in my tests & beats stationary attack combos like VKO, in the hands of someone with a strong launch, it could even beat D2_R combos by bursting/OS them if the WHR user is stronger than the D2_R user, it is also not as prone to destabilization from D2 than other layers, unfortunately I don't have W2 yet to test out the unorthodox combo mentioned
BTW jusf clearing. D2_O > D2_R
(Jun. 13, 2017  12:44 PM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: BTW jusf clearing. D2_O > D2_R

Could you elaborate, isn't R > O in terms of stamina ?
(Jun. 13, 2017  2:58 PM)chips556 Wrote:
(Jun. 13, 2017  12:44 PM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: BTW jusf clearing. D2_O > D2_R

Could you elaborate, isn't R > O in terms of stamina ?

He doesnt mean O is better in terms of stamina than R. He simply means that D2 is better on O than R because on O it can destablilize opponenets better and D2 on O can destbilize R based combos.
What are some disks that give lad?
What drivers and layers give Lad?
(Jun. 13, 2017  3:54 PM)Chicken Storm Wrote: What are  some disks that give lad?

Spread, Yell, and Polish. Polish has the best defense, but least Stamina, Yell has the most Stamina.
Revolve and Atomic. Revolve is better for pure stamina, Atomic for defensive purposes.

Drain Fafnir and Neptune work best with these. Drain Fafnir is really good on both.
(Jun. 08, 2017  1:18 PM)SUGOI-KONICHEWA Wrote: @[BurstMaster] Here's the list

Attack:
KO Attack
Valkyrie Heavy/Knuckle/Gravity/Triple/Magnum/4Vortex Xtreme
Xcalibur Heavy/Gravity Xtreme
Victory Valkyrie Knuckle/Gravity/Magnum Xtreme
God Valkyrie Heavy/4Vortex Xtreme (any other Disks work well with this?)
Beast Behemoth Heavy/do other Disks work with this? Xtreme
Zillion Zeus Heavy/Knuckle Xtreme
Driger S Heavy/Gravity Xtreme
Lost Longinus Heavy/Spread/2Glaive/Gravity/Knuckle Xtreme

Valtyrek Knuckle/Heavy Variable
Valtyrek V2 Knuckle Variable (should this go under Mixed Attack?)

Burst Attack
Valkyrie Heavy/Knuckle/Armed Yielding/Orbit/Needle/Weight/Defense/Revolve
Inferno Ifrit Heavy/Knuckle Revolve/Needle (Have any other stationary versions been tested?)

Valtyrek Spread/Heavy/Knuckle/Armed Defense/Revolve
Roktavor Heavy/Gravity Defense/Revolve

Mixed Attack (KO/Burst Hybrid)
Valkyrie Force/Heavy/Knuckle/Spread/Triple/Magnum/4Vortex Accel/Zephyr
Victory Valkyrie Heavy/Knuckle/Spread Accel/Zephyr
God Valkyrie 8 Reboot
Inferno Ifrit Gravity/Knuckle Accel/Zephyr
Valkyrie Spread/Knuckle Trans

Valtyrek Knuckle/Heavy Accel/Zephyr
Roktavor Heavy Accel/Zephyr (Do any other Forge Disks work well with these two? What's the overall opinion of Hasbro Accel?
Lost Longinus Gravity/Spread Weight (needs more testing)

Defense:
KO Defense (should this even be listed? it's been used a total of like 3 times ever)
Wyvern Heavy/Gravity Defense/Unite
Neptune Heavy/Gravity Unite
Gigant Gaia Gravity/Heavy Unite/Bite
Kaiser Kerbeus Heavy/Knuckle Defense/Unite

Unicrest Gravity/Heavy Defense (is Unite any good for Hasbro?)

Baldur? I've heard like 2 people say it's good, what combo work? Was it just stock Baldur or?
God Disks are super heavy, are they useful for this?

Burst Defense
Neptune/Kaiser Kerbeus/Odin Knuckle/Down Orbit/Yielding/Atomic
Blaze Ragnaruk Knuckle/Down Orbit/Atomic (bR needs more testing, it seemed pretty hard to burst from what I saw but I did also see it get bursted by Neptune so who knows)

Mixed Defense (KO/Burst Hybrid)
Kaiser Kerbeus/Wyvern Heavy/Gravity Orbit/Atomic
Gigant Gaia Knuckle Yielding
Blaze Ragnaruk Heavy/Gravity/Yell Orbit/Atomic (again, more testing needed)

Unicrest Gravity/Heavy Revolve

Stamina:
Odin/Neptune/Acid Anubis/Wyvern/Blaze Ragnaruk Heavy/Gravity/Spread/Knuckle/Yell Defense/Revolve
Drain Fafnir Spread/8Glaive/Yell Revolve/Atomic
Drain Fafnir Polish Atomic/Yielding

Yegdrion/Kerbeus Gravity/Knuckle/Spread Defense/Survive/Revolve/Zephyr (How do the Hasbro versions stand up in a TT Meta?)

Balance:
Lost Longinus Spread/Yell/2Glaive Hold
Odin Heavy Blow

apparently driger S is not good on extreme its only good on defense,revolve and orbit where it can burst attack types.

(Jun. 13, 2017  3:56 PM)Suzaku-X Wrote:
(Jun. 13, 2017  3:54 PM)Chicken Storm Wrote: What are  some disks that give lad?

Spread, Yell, and Polish. Polish has the best defense, but least Stamina, Yell has the most Stamina.
Revolve and Atomic. Revolve is better for pure stamina, Atomic for defensive purposes.

Drain Fafnir and Neptune work best with these. Drain Fafnir is really good on both.

dont forget 8Glaive. atomic is also pretty good in spin equalizing combos.
Some users have found success with Driger S on xtreme
Any good combos if the only tt beys I have are deathscyther, kerbeus and horusood?
(Jun. 14, 2017  12:24 AM)anime lord Wrote: Any good combos if the only tt beys I have are deathscyther, kerbeus and horusood?

Stock Kerbeus or Kerbeus Spread Defense
(Jun. 14, 2017  12:59 AM)SUGOI-KONICHEWA Wrote:
(Jun. 14, 2017  12:24 AM)anime lord Wrote: Any good combos if the only tt beys I have are deathscyther, kerbeus and horusood?

In case you are not planning to use at a tournament. Deathscyther Spread Defence is a kiler (no pun intended XD)

BTW you should aways check first post before making post. All top tier are written there, if not bit outdated.
I don't have wyvern or heavy, so how's kerbeus gravity claw?

I have kerbeus limited press

(Jun. 14, 2017  1:01 AM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote:
(Jun. 14, 2017  12:59 AM)SUGOI-KONICHEWA Wrote: Stock kerbeus

In case you are not planning to use at a tournament. Deathscyther Spread Defence is a kiler (no pun intended XD)

BTW you should aways check first post before making post. All top tier are written there, if not bit outdated.
(Jun. 16, 2017  12:05 PM)anime lord Wrote: I don't have wyvern or heavy, so how's kerbeus gravity claw?

I have kerbeus limited press

(Jun. 14, 2017  1:01 AM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: In case you are not planning to use at a tournament. Deathscyther Spread Defence is a kiler (no pun intended XD)

Just use Kaizer Kerbeus Gravity/Spread Claw/Defense

Attack:
KO Attack

Burst Attack
Inferno Ifrit Heavy/Knuckle Revolve/Needle (Have any other stationary versions been tested?)

God Valkyrie 8 Reboot

Roktavor Heavy Accel/Zephyr (Do any other Forge Disks work well with these two? What's the overall opinion of Hasbro Accel?

Defense:
KO Defense (should this even be listed? it's been used a total of like 3 times ever)

Baldur? I've heard like 2 people say it's good, what combo work? Was it just stock Baldur or?

Burst Defense
Blaze Ragnaruk Knuckle/Down Orbit/Atomic (bR needs more testing, it seemed pretty hard to burst from what I saw but I did also see it get bursted by Neptune so who knows)

Stamina:
Odin/Neptune/Acid Anubis/Wyvern/Blaze Ragnaruk Heavy/Gravity/Spread/Knuckle/Yell Defense/Revolve

Yegdrion/Kerbeus Gravity/Knuckle/Spread Defense/Survive/Revolve/Zephyr (How do the Hasbro versions stand up in a TT Meta?)

Balance:
Odin Heavy Blow
how about V/B2/M  H/G/K N for balance?
(Jun. 20, 2017  11:01 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote:

Attack:
KO Attack

Burst Attack

God Valkyrie 8 Reboot

Defense:

Burst Defense

Stamina:

Balance:
Odin Heavy Blow
how about V/B2/M  H/G/K N for balance?

Needle is in all ways a worse Orbit, with the banning of D and D2.
(Jun. 20, 2017  11:27 PM)Suzaku-X Wrote:
(Jun. 20, 2017  11:01 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote: how about V/B2/M  H/G/K N for balance?

Needle is in all ways a worse Orbit, with the banning of D and D2.

then valkyrie/ minoborus knuckle/heavy orbit?
(Jun. 21, 2017  12:20 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote:
(Jun. 20, 2017  11:27 PM)Suzaku-X Wrote: Needle is in all ways a worse Orbit, with the banning of D and D2.

then valkyrie/ minoborus knuckle/heavy orbit?

Valkyrie Heavy Orbit would work but Minoboros Knuckle works better with Zephyr
(Jun. 21, 2017  12:21 AM)SUGOI-KONICHEWA Wrote:
(Jun. 21, 2017  12:20 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote: then valkyrie/ minoborus knuckle/heavy orbit?

Valkyrie Heavy Orbit would work but Minoboros Knuckle works better with Zephyr

i think valkryie heavy atomic would be better. M K Z for mixed attack and M H X for Ko attack.Also i thin V K/S T would be more of a balance type than mixed attack.
i dont have a large collection but for those who do can some one test this for me full hasbro R2OA i got DOA and R2GR except my R is kinda loose with my R2 after using a TT driver(yes shame on me i didnt realize it actually messes with the layer until after) but oddly enough the Accel holds on to R2 tightly and Oval seem to free up the flames and idk it just seems work well with hitting DGR or D2GU out of the ring while being virtually unburstable im not sure if it had to do with the TT driver mod so yeah
(Jun. 23, 2017  6:23 AM)Socramae Wrote: i dont have a large collection but for those who do can some one test this for me full hasbro R2OA i got DOA and R2GR except my R is kinda loose with my R2 after using a TT driver(yes shame on me i didnt realize it actually messes with the layer until after) but oddly enough the Accel holds on to R2 tightly and Oval seem to free up the flames and idk it just seems work well with hitting DGR or D2GU out of the ring while being virtually unburstable im not sure if it had to do with the TT driver mod so yeah

using a TT driver on a hasbro layer makes it illegal also there isnt much testing of hasbro R2 so i cant say but oval isnt a good disc .accel is pretty good tho.U shouyld probaly request someone to test hasbro R2 down /Knuckle/force accel.
(Jun. 23, 2017  6:59 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote:
(Jun. 23, 2017  6:23 AM)Socramae Wrote: i dont have a large collection but for those who do can some one test this for me full hasbro R2OA i got DOA and R2GR except my R is kinda loose with my R2 after using a TT driver(yes shame on me i didnt realize it actually messes with the layer until after) but oddly enough the Accel holds on to R2 tightly and Oval seem to free up the flames and idk it just seems work well with hitting DGR or D2GU out of the ring while being virtually unburstable im not sure if it had to do with the TT driver mod so yeah

using a TT driver on a hasbro layer makes it illegal also there isnt much testing of hasbro R2 so i cant say but oval isnt a good disc .accel is pretty good tho.U shouyld probaly request someone to test hasbro R2 down /Knuckle/force accel.

I don't think Roktavor R2 could ever be considered top tier as the design is very recoil heavy, making it unreliable and prone to bursting. Roktavor is a much better substitute
(Jun. 23, 2017  8:31 AM)Shaady Wrote:
(Jun. 23, 2017  6:59 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote: using a TT driver on a hasbro layer makes it illegal also there isnt much testing of hasbro R2 so i cant say but oval isnt a good disc .accel is pretty good tho.U shouyld probaly request someone to test hasbro R2 down /Knuckle/force accel.

I don't think Roktavor R2 could ever be considered top tier as the design is very recoil heavy, making it unreliable and prone to bursting. Roktavor is a much better substitute

yea i know but still i think it might find sucess with parts which can reduce bursting like down, knuckle. and for R i am sure pretty much everyone knows hasbro R is toptier.
(Jun. 23, 2017  8:31 AM)Shaady Wrote:
(Jun. 23, 2017  6:59 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote: using a TT driver on a hasbro layer makes it illegal also there isnt much testing of hasbro R2 so i cant say but oval isnt a good disc .accel is pretty good tho.U shouyld probaly request someone to test hasbro R2 down /Knuckle/force accel.

@ rebel i know thats why i posted here seeing if any one with a large collection can do  it for me the thing is oval i guess the way it lines up on the layer it seems decent which goes with what shaady says  oddly enough using the O when i put R2OA against my other beys(granted only 3) its layer wont move and itll either hit them out of the ring or spin finnish itself with the other beys close to bursting but obviously hat doesnt mean its top tier till further testing sadly i cant so im wondering if any one else can
(Jun. 23, 2017  5:56 PM)Socramae Wrote:
(Jun. 23, 2017  8:31 AM)Shaady Wrote: I don't think Roktavor R2 could ever be considered top tier as the design is very recoil heavy, making it unreliable and prone to bursting. Roktavor is a much better substitute

@ rebel i know thats why i posted here seeing if any one with a large collection can do  it for me the thing is oval i guess the way it lines up on the layer it seems decent which goes with what shaady says  oddly enough using the O when i put R2OA against my other beys(granted only 3) its layer wont move and itll either hit them out of the ring or spin finnish itself with the other beys close to bursting but obviously hat doesnt mean its top tier till further testing sadly i cant so im wondering if any one else can

i get ur point. but the thing is ur layer had been paired with a TT driver thats why its so difficult to burst. if some other person test this combo the combo wont be good because of the oval disk even tho O lines up pretty good with R2 but its too light but all this doesnt mean u shouldn't request testing tho but i think it would be better to test it with down but thats just my opinion.