Beyblade Burst Competitive Combos List & Public Discussion [TENTATIVE]

(Oct. 12, 2016  8:28 AM)Wombat Wrote: If Triple is obviously better than Force on Valkyrie, then by all means add Triple and remove Force, but I wouldn't know since I don't own Triple and have never seen the two compared. Speaking of which has anyone ever tried Magnum on Valkyrie either? At the last MD event Time used VMX (though he didn't place, so it won't show up on the list) and was saying how the plastic extends out from beneath the Layer and (might) hit opponents?

Triple is most certainly better for V2, however I don't have a Valkyrie in good enough shape to test with, although I'm fairly certain that would be the case as well.

On the subject of Valkyrie and triangular disks, I doubt the plastic extensions on Magnum would help it much. They're lower than the layer, so unless one of the beys are losing spin and close to tipping over, there is almost no chance it will make contact unless the opponent is also using Magnum. If Magnum's sole purpose is to beat other Magnums, there's no reason to use Magnum anyway, because all you're doing is making yourself more susceptible to lose to another Magnum striking your Magnum.

⁽ʸᵒ ᵈᵃʷᵍ ᴵ ʰᵉᵃʳᵈ ʸᵒᵘ ᶫᶦᵏᵉᵈ ᴹᵃᵍᶰᵘᵐ⁾
I think we can clarify things if we establish what the goal of this list is. I don't think it can be to contain every combo that someone thinks is viable, but combos that are proven to be viable. This list is mostly valuable for beginner to intermediate players; experienced players are going to run whatever combos they want.
I think O2HD is a very good balance combo than VHC or something like that
(Oct. 17, 2016  7:15 PM)Aronno Wrote: I think O2HD is a very good balance combo than VHC or something like that

What does this combo beat? For a combo to be able to be considered competitive, it needs to be able to defeat other strong combos.
In addition those are two completely different types of combo so they aren't really that comparable.
In respond to wombat, i used actually k2rg. It has decent stamina great defense and hard to burst. But is only good against attack and some defense type with low to mid stamina. Have good result against wyvern heavy defense mostly by burst or spin finish. Cant win against deathscyther or odin combos. But resist easily against xhx and valtryek heavy variable .

I will take some videos later of these in tests.
(Oct. 12, 2016  12:25 PM)1234beyblade Wrote: But whatever, I have my own tier list that I personally follow, what the public one looks like wouldn't really matter to me in the end, just giving my opinion because I was asked for it xd.

Whats your own tier list @[1234beyblade]

(Oct. 17, 2016  3:50 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: I think we can clarify things if we establish what the goal of this list is. I don't think it can be to contain every combo that someone thinks is viable, but combos that are proven to be viable. This list is mostly valuable for beginner to intermediate players; experienced players are going to run whatever combos they want.

Hit the nail on the head, this is why with burst going international in 2017 this list needs to be updated ASAP.

Anyway heres the updated list i propose
Changes
I pretty much posted it already.
has any one done testing with Driger S layer? from my testing it is hard to burst teeth are sticky.
(Nov. 11, 2016  4:41 PM)ZYeYO Wrote: has any one done testing with Driger S layer? from my testing it is hard to burst teeth are sticky.

Sticky? That is not what I would ever qualify pieces of plastic hah.
(Nov. 11, 2016  4:47 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Nov. 11, 2016  4:41 PM)ZYeYO Wrote: has any one done testing with Driger S layer? from my testing it is hard to burst teeth are sticky.

Sticky? That is not what I would ever qualify pieces of plastic hah.

A few people mentioned something similar about the blue D2 as well, though.

Mine are finally here, so I'll be opening them up tonight and playing with them at the tournament here this weekend.
i have done some test's with the stock Driger S H.F. against some of the top tier combos listed in the Competitive list

here are my results

Thank you for the tests ZYeYO. Smile
Not sure doing tests with a stock Driger S (especially with Fusion, which is already known to be pretty unsuccessful) will really say much about its potential as a Layer.
I have been doing some more testing with the Driger S layer and i wanted to see if it could replace Deathscyther so i hooked up both layers to the same WD and Driver to see which one would out spin the other. After my test match while the Driger S combo Won and was a close match it lost in stamina. reason for that was Deathscyther's layer kept getting under Drigers layer and causing it to start swaying and losing stamina at the end of the round.

here are the results for the test match between the layers
after that test i wanted to use Driger S layer in a defense combo so I put it up against an attack type combo.
here are the results
My conclusion is the Driger S layer should be used as a defense layer. i encourage more testing with it being used in defense combo's.
One win difference in a ten round tests means nothing you need to do 20 and redo ties.Also benchmarks for attack vs defense testing is needed
How do the teeth look on Driger? Does anyone have any pictures of it?
I see it today and i found them pretty good. But i didnt have the chance to try it but it seems to be good in general. I dont think it outclass anything but as some good potential
Yeah, in my experience I think if anything right now Driger S could be used for Defense. Of course, we need more testing or tournament results to help prove that conclusively though.
I love defence! Driger is also circular to absorb attacks.
Dark_Mousy if you want to see the teeth here is a unboxing video i did https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_w1tBhAB6Y&t=19s to see the teeth skip to 2:15
could someone please test Roktavor on Gravity/heavy defense/orbit(when it's released)/revolve. I know it sounds weird but in every video I've seen Rektavor isn't getting rekt. I just want to see how it performs
I have tried roktavor r2 on gravity defence and it resist to burst but have not enough stamina compare to other in same type.
I saw a video of "Beybladegeeks" unboxing and spinning the driger, it performs well.
Uncostimised battles should be taken with a grain of salt especially since Driger S comes with fusion one of the worst bottoms released in burst