Beyblade Burst: B-01, 02, 03, 04 Uncustomized Preliminary Testing & Impressions

(Jul. 09, 2015  9:27 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Jul. 09, 2015  8:57 PM)Sion Wrote: I wonder when rubber will hit burst. I think rubber parts wI'll be much more balanced here, since smash attacks may cause the bey to hit a few notches closer to bursting.

I put an idea of what might be the first burst to wrid a rubber drivet in my thread of creating a burst.

My bet is that it comes when Valkyrie gets upgraded for the anime launch.

Maybe for another season, but from seeing the commercial, it looked like valkyrie wing accele
(Jul. 09, 2015  9:30 PM)Sion Wrote:
(Jul. 09, 2015  9:27 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Jul. 09, 2015  8:57 PM)Sion Wrote: I wonder when rubber will hit burst. I think rubber parts wI'll be much more balanced here, since smash attacks may cause the bey to hit a few notches closer to bursting.

I put an idea of what might be the first burst to wrid a rubber drivet in my thread of creating a burst.

My bet is that it comes when Valkyrie gets upgraded for the anime launch.

Maybe for another season, but from seeing the commercial, it looked like valkyrie wing accele

That was just a small promo video for the series launch. The anime doesn't start until Spring 2016.
(Jul. 09, 2015  9:32 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Jul. 09, 2015  9:27 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: My bet is that it comes when Valkyrie gets upgraded for the anime launch.

That was just a small promo video for the series launch. The anime doesn't start until Spring 2016.

If that is th e case, I will kind of be dissapointed. Isn't it a bit cliché for the main protagonist to have a rubber bottom? I hope they just save it for another beyblade, not an upgrade. I also hope that this series is more focused on tradeoffs instead of upgrading. This could also prevent the heap loads of outclassed parts the other two generations suffered. Nothing is worse than having the beat combo, only to have a series of releases that completely outclass your combo? The burst series should focus on keeping as many parts in the meta game as possible via tradeoffs, and not trying to make general improovements on what you already have.

(Jul. 09, 2015  9:32 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Jul. 09, 2015  9:27 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: My bet is that it comes when Valkyrie gets upgraded for the anime launch.

If that is th e case, I will kind of be dissapointed. Isn't it a bit cliché for the main protagonist to have a rubber bottom? I hope they just save it for another beyblade, not an upgrade. I also hope that this series is more focused on tradeoffs instead of upgrading. This could also prevent the heap loads of outclassed parts the other two generations suffered. Nothing is worse than having the beat combo, only to have a series of releases that completely outclass your combo? The burst series should focus on keeping as many parts in the meta game as possible via tradeoffs, and not trying to make general improovements on what you already have.
The main character's Beyblade is already a blue Attack-type, so I am not sure why a rubber bottom would be the breaking point for a cliche. It seems like they are following the same patterns that they've followed before, and since it's intended for a new generation of kids, it doesn't really matter if it's repetitive.

We should try to keep this topic explicitly about discussing Kei's findings and general commentary on the balance of Beyblade Burst, based on what we actually know.
@[Kei] Honest to god if you give me Spriggan I'm quitting Beyblade.

28% win percentage?! Atrocious. Also, that Legend is crazy, probably my least favourite thing about Bursts, so many possibilities of winning or losing. I like a simple KO or OS haha.
Just got my BURSTS OMG HYPE! so i will be doing some tests right after i unbox them for my youtube channel! I will basically be doing the same tests as Kei did so we get more balanced results i guess haha.
(Jul. 09, 2015  10:40 PM)LMAO Wrote: @[Kei] Honest to god if you give me Spriggan I'm quitting Beyblade.

28% win percentage?! Atrocious. Also, that Legend is crazy, probably my least favourite thing about Bursts, so many possibilities of winning or losing. I like a simple KO or OS haha.

To be fair, Kei's legend is way more complex because he gave very granular results. There are only 3 real victory conditions, as opposed to 2 before.
Alright so here are my results!

Equipment:

Valkyrie Wing Accel vs Ragnaruk Heavy Survive
*Ragnaruk launched first all rounds*
Valkyrie: Wins 11/20 (1 OF's, 10 BF's)
Ragnaruk: Wins 9/20 (4 BF's, 5 SF's)
Valkyrie Win Rate 55%, Ragnaruk Win Rate 45%
One Tie (DBF)

Detailed Results:

Valkyrie Wing Accel vs Kerbeous Central Defense
*Kerbeous launched first in all rounds*
Valkyrie: Wins 10/20 (5 BF's, 5 OF's)
Kerbeous: Wins 10/20 (7 SF's, 3 BF's)
Valkyrie Win Rate 50%, Kerbeous Win Rate 50%
One tie (BF/OF)

Detailed Results:

Valkyrie Wing Accel vs Spriggen Spread Fusion
*Spriggen launched first in all rounds*
Valkyrie: Wins 11/20 (7 BF's, 3 OF's, 1 SF)
Spriggen: Wins 9/20 (6 SF's, 3 BF's)
Valkyrie Win Rate: 55%, Spriggen Win Rate: 45%
Four Ties (All DBF)

Detailed Results:

Ragnaruk Heavy Survive vs Kerbeus Central Defense
*Launch alternation every Ten rounds (Ragnaruk First for Ten Rounds)*
Raknaruk: Wins 9/20 (5 SF's, 4 BF's)
Kerbeus: Wins 11/20 (9 SF's, 1 OF, 1 BF)
Ragnaruk Win Rate: 45%, Kerbeus Win Rate: 55%
Two Ties (1 SF, 1 DBF)

Detailed Results:

Spriggen Spread Fusion vs Ragnaruk Heavy Survive
*Launch alternation every Five rounds*
Spriggen: Wins 7/20 (1 SF, 6 BF's)
Ragnaruk: Wins 13/20 (8 SF's, 5 BF's)
Spriggen Win Rate: 35%, Ragnaruk Win Rate: 65%
Seven Ties (All DBF's)

Detailed Results:

Spriggen Spread Fusion vs Kerbeus Central Defense
*Launch alternation every Five rounds*
Spriggen: Wins 6/20 (5 SF's, 1 OF)
Kerbeus: Wins 14/20 (10 SF's, 4 BF's)
Spriggen Win Rate: 30%, Kerbeus Win Rate: 70%
Four Ties (2 SF's, 2 DBF's)

Detailed Results:

Overall Win Percentages
Draws not included.
Kerbeus Central Defense: 58%
Valkyrie Wing Accel: 53%
Ragnaruk Heavy Survive: 52%
Spriggan Spread Fusion: 37%

Finish Type Frequencies
120 Total Rounds (Draws not included)
Burst Finish: 52 Rounds, 43%
Over Finish: 11 Rounds, 9%
Spin Finish: 57 Rounds, 48%

First Impressions:
pretty similar! we see a little the diference between one player and 2 players. but Great job it confirmed the primary test!
Thanks for the testing Hubert!

Extremely similar to Kei's testing, I guess it shows that Kerberus is the best stock Beyblade so far, and Spriggan completely sucks.
Thanks for those, 1234beyblade! Cool to see that your results were similar to mine and JesseObre's. I'm looking forward to seeing the detailed results; were there any serious swings in who won each round from the beginning to the end or was everything fairly consistent? I'll add your results to the OP once you've added the detailed lists.

It would be nice if you could post some of your own impressions after playing through all of those rounds as well!

And were really only one of your Light Launchers working properly? That seems extremely unlucky.

(Jul. 09, 2015  8:14 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: I guess, but the fact that it's possible to be hit without the probability of Burst increasing makes "HP" a poor allegory; if anything, HP works better for rotational speed. But anyway ... there are better things to talk about. haha

Hm, maybe you're right. I see what you're saying ... We'll have to think of a better term.
(Jul. 10, 2015  6:05 AM)Kei Wrote: Thanks for those, 1234beyblade! Cool to see that your results were similar to mine and JesseObre's. I'm looking forward to seeing the detailed results; were there any serious swings in who won each round from the beginning to the end or was everything fairly consistent? I'll add your results to the OP once you've added the detailed lists.

It would be nice if you could post some of your own impressions after playing through all of those rounds as well!

And were really only one of your Light Launchers working properly? That seems extremely unlucky.
As i got more use to the launchers the battles got a lot more crazy haha, two times a huge burst happened where the parts went flying all over the room LOL. And yeah it seemed like the battles got more crazy near the end so a lot of DBF's happened, I do not know but i think it was just me getting more into the battle near the end compared to the first couple of battles.
we may used BR for Burst Resistance or BRP for Burst Resistance Point.
Added your tests to the OP, 1234beyblade. Thanks!
Here is a burst video i did with Spriggan Spread Fusion and Valkyrie Wing Accel!

Thanks for posting these tests guys.

I will do some tests when i get my Burst.
(Jul. 09, 2015  3:01 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: So, are we gonna indiscriminately use Spin Finish and Over Finish now? Because these names are awful, especially Over Finish. lol

I will be using Out Spin (OS), Knock Out (KO) and Fatality (FX) as I always have, regardless of what others move on to.
(Jul. 15, 2015  8:08 PM)Dracomageat Wrote:
(Jul. 09, 2015  3:01 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: So, are we gonna indiscriminately use Spin Finish and Over Finish now? Because these names are awful, especially Over Finish. lol

I will be using Out Spin (OS), Knock Out (KO) and Fatality (FX) as I always have, regardless of what others move on to.

We will eventually decide on a standard that must be used for the customizations forum, though.
I understand and I will respect that but do not think that means I approve of the new terms. Outside of the customization forums, as I understand it, I am free to use what I like so long as it is clear and I shall exercise that right if need be.

On a lighter note though, thanks for the testing. It's a shame the burst rate is so high but it could equally be a lot worse and, like you say, there are ways to play around it. Defense being the current dominant type makes a lot of sense with Umaterios' superior attack driver on the way.
You might have a point were it not for "fatality", which nobody has ever used nor should they use.
Fatality is a fairly common term for the same phenomenon in plastic era beys. I'll admit, since they're not meant to fly to pieces, it makes more sense there, but it's still a term I enjoy.
(Jul. 16, 2015  3:18 PM)Dracomageat Wrote: Fatality is a fairly common term for the same phenomenon in plastic era beys.

I'd never, ever heard it before, and I think I've played this game longer and with more obsession than most :')

Either way, it made sense with pre-Burst since it often indicated a breakage. It wasn't supposed to happen. With Burst, it's a regular part of gameplay, and I think Burst Finish is a fine way to describe it. But if you don't want to use TT's terms, I'd just go with Outspin (OS), Knockout (KO), and Burst (B).

I mean, ultimately, you can do whatever you want. But I think it will just confuse others to use terminology you invented just because you like it more.
I'm fine with those, just not OF and SF. Over Finish barely even makes sense when not abbreviated.
Agreed :') Over Finish is very bad. I doubt Hasbro will carry those terms over, either.
"Over" is a strictly Japanese term for objects exiting something, so it definitely makes no sense to anyone who actually speaks English hah. For them though, there is not really any other appropriate word. As such, there is no reason we would use that word, being a predominantly anglophone website.