BeyDays: Planet of the Voltaic Apes!

Vienna, Virginia
Glyndon Park
300 Glyndon St NE
  Meeting in one of the gazebos near the baseball field
3:00 PM on 06/4/2022
Format
Plastic

Only official gear from the original plastic series can be used.

View Rulebook

Type
1on1

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
0 cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

This is a PLASTICS event, NOT BURST. Please try to have legal beys if you come. This is a BeyDays event! Check that announcement for info about the prizes for participation and placing in the top 3. This tournament will also use an experimental ruleset made by Th!nk, so please read it over. The stadium used will be the B-09/33.

The experimental ruleset: 
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Abbe...p=drivesdk

Covid-19 info:
Masks aren’t required, but still recommended.
https://www.vdh.virginia.gov/coronavirus...atherings/

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

This event has been approved.
What's the rule on a DB launcher that has the Plastic Gen launcher prongs?
(May. 02, 2022  2:11 AM)Mike.Nightwing Wrote: What's the rule on a DB launcher that has the Plastic Gen launcher prongs?
This would be illegal based on “Only official Plastic Generation (Plastic Format) and Heavy Metal System (HMS Format) Beyblade products produced by Hasbro, Takara-Tomy, and Sonokong can be used. In addition, Takara Tomy MFB Light Launcher 1 Winders, Hasbro MFB Winders and Electronic Tops launchers may be used.” Would also make breakage happen more so that’s no good.
(May. 02, 2022  2:11 AM)Mike.Nightwing Wrote: What's the rule on a DB launcher that has the Plastic Gen launcher prongs?

I’m intrigued by this. Might be the move:

Note that it is legal to use the Plastics prongs of the HMS Double Shooter for Plastics, as is using a Plastics Attack Ring with Magical Ape MS’ Gyro Mode.”
Thanks for giving the proposed plastics rules a whirl, Pasta. If anyone needs a hand understanding stuff, feel free to reach out. Make sure you're aware of the differences in deck - to make it more varied and accessible repeating most parts is allowed (just not Attack Rings or Tips), including reuse of the same physical part. Prevents high level decks being basically one of two composition options as well as meaning people don't need to have as many parts to play.

Sadly the RPM difference is quite extreme, and it's... Kind of far fetched for what would likely be approved by the OP team haha. I'm sympathetic but it would require a lot of testing, 3d printed parts I believe... A bit much right now.

(May. 02, 2022  3:58 AM)Garishi Wrote: I’m intrigued by this. Might be the move:

Note that it is legal to use the Plastics prongs of the HMS Double Shooter for Plastics, as is using a Plastics Attack Ring with Magical Ape MS’ Gyro Mode.”

These are both inbuilt, Takara documented functions for what it's worth.
(May. 02, 2022  5:05 AM)Good th!nk Wrote: Thanks for giving the proposed plastics rules a whirl, Pasta. If anyone needs a hand understanding stuff, feel free to reach out. Make sure you're aware of the differences in deck - to make it more varied and accessible repeating most parts is allowed (just not Attack Rings or Tips), including reuse of the same physical part. Prevents high level decks being basically one of two composition options as well as meaning people don't need to have as many parts to play.

So you can use the same weight ring or hit chip twice?
(May. 02, 2022  11:34 AM)LJ-Blader Wrote:
(May. 02, 2022  5:05 AM)Good th!nk Wrote: Thanks for giving the proposed plastics rules a whirl, Pasta. If anyone needs a hand understanding stuff, feel free to reach out. Make sure you're aware of the differences in deck - to make it more varied and accessible repeating most parts is allowed (just not Attack Rings or Tips), including reuse of the same physical part. Prevents high level decks being basically one of two composition options as well as meaning people don't need to have as many parts to play.

Yes, you can use the same weight disc twice (and bit chips could be repeated before because they make no difference unless you have a rare metal bit chip).

These rules also make it so you can use the same physical weight disc, so if you only have one ten wide, you can use ten wide on all three combos in deck if you really want to.
(May. 02, 2022  11:34 AM)LJ-Blader Wrote:
(May. 02, 2022  5:05 AM)Good th!nk Wrote: Thanks for giving the proposed plastics rules a whirl, Pasta. If anyone needs a hand understanding stuff, feel free to reach out. Make sure you're aware of the differences in deck - to make it more varied and accessible repeating most parts is allowed (just not Attack Rings or Tips), including reuse of the same physical part. Prevents high level decks being basically one of two composition options as well as meaning people don't need to have as many parts to play.

Three times if you want. Just not the AR or the Tip (tip is defined in the rules, but basically the intended primary point of contact with the stadium floor, eg. you can reuse Customize Grip Base if it has different tips in it).

A bit of an explainer for those who have questions about this: Combination behaviour/typing is generally determined by the AR and Tip in Plastics while other parts then determine how "good" at that typing a combo is. Restricting things to say, a single Wide Defense, means that a lot of types become unusable in deck (especially Force Smash, which uses all of the 4 most common parts in the CC list - it's too "greedy" to play in deck). This, combined with limited accessibility, means a more context-aware approach needs to be taken to deck - even allowing the same physical part to be reused as well. While it is a bit different to later generations, plastics construction and part ranges (eg the limited variety of Weight Disks and how crucial they can be to multiple entirely different types) mean that traditional deck format ends up being both hard to access (3 decent PLA combos with no repeated parts isn't cheap) and also quite bland (there basically ends up being 2-3 optimal decks that can be run at a high level of play and entire types like the aforementioned Force Smash just can't realistically be used). This is the solution the community (well, mostly the discord plus some off-site groups) settled on after much discussion.

It's the part of the proposed rules I think people will have the hardest time adjusting to as judges, primarily during combo inspection... But also the most critical IMO. There is also the option of Single Bey finals, which is how we used to play (deck and plastics weren't made with each other in mind after all), if hosts want to do so though. I do think it's okay, though, to assume plastics players and judges are capable of working with this.

As a side note, I see the ancient himself Neo is going. Hype hype hype!
My return. My wife and I will be attending.

This has been a longtime dream to go to a PLA tournament, lets make this a huge success!
Dang, you guys are finally making me get some plastic gens. Time to join the old person home I guess
I’m really scared to open this box from my parents’ house and see now many ARs are broken
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT:
CheetoBlader and I have moved our events to a different location (only a few miles from the original one). Please make sure to check the new one.
The Supreme One
Broyeeto
@LJ-Blader
@Angry Face
Neo
Garishi
Hezrron
liwfie
mike.Nightwing
susthebeyblader
DragoonGalaxy15
I took way too many crappy iPhone photos the semi-finals and finals, but there are a couple of good ones of the breaks and some portraits. Oh, and bouncy Trypio.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1...MOPbsKWIjP
(Jun. 05, 2022  3:54 AM)Garishi Wrote: I took way too many crappy iPhone photos the semi-finals and finals, but there are a couple of good ones of the breaks and some portraits. Oh, and bouncy Trypio.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1...MOPbsKWIjP

great work!!!
Pics:

Hyper HyperSpheres 3: BeyDays:
https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjzT5Ke

https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjzT5JN

Pics:

Hyper HyperSpheres 3: BeyDays:
https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjzT5Ke

https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjzT5JN
This matches for event have now been processed.