[Bethesda, MD] 01/19/13 - New Year, Old Formats! (HMS, Plastics, MFB)

on
Hosted by
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

New Year, Old Formats!

[Image: lego-new-year.jpg]

Hi everyone! This is the official thread for our January tournament being held Bethesda Marriott in Bethesda, MD on Saturday, January 19, 2013.

New Year, Old Formats! will consist of the 3 tournaments celebrating the 3 Beyblade formats we said goodbye to after Zero-G hit the scene: MFB, HMS, and Plastics!

In addition to having Zero-G products for sale I will also have a limited selection of brand new HMS and Plastics for sale for those who are interested in playing in the 2 older formats. Prices for the older beys are a bit more due to rarity, but will run between $25-40 on the low end. PM me for more details.

Location: The Bethesda Marriott Hotel: 5151 Pooks Hill Road, Bethesda, MD in the Norwood Room? Ask at the front desk as I'm not sure which room we are in now. http://www.marriott.com/hotels/maps/trav...-marriott/

The Bethesda Marriott Hotel is located just west of the intersection of 495, 270, and 355 (Rockville Pike). Parking in the surrounding neighborhood is available for free on Pooks Hill Road, but space is limited and first come first served! Otherwise there is parking in the Marriott Lot for $15.

MFB Start time: Noon-thirty on the dot
HMS and Plastics Start time: Approximately 3pm
Format: TBD depending on number of bladers
MFB Stadium: BB-10 Attack
HMS and Plastics Stadium: Tornado Attack
Surface: Carpet
Fees: Standard WBO fees ($5 entry fee or free with a Blader Passport) + a $5 room fee

HMS Prizes: Face Booster MAROON [Image: FaceBoosterMAROON.png], Face Booster FLAXEN [Image: FaceBoosterFLAXEN.png], or Face Booster CELESTE [Image: FaceBoosterCELESTE.png]

Plastics Prizes: Face Booster MAROON [Image: FaceBoosterMAROON.png], Face Booster FLAXEN [Image: FaceBoosterFLAXEN.png], or Face Booster CELESTE [Image: FaceBoosterCELESTE.png]

MFB Prizes: Plastics and Zero-G beys (TBD)

Please post to this thread if you plan to make it - and for which tournament or tournaments you are confirmed!

MFB:
  1. Arupaeo
  2. Burn Rock Virgo
  3. Unstoppable
  4. gullwhiz
  5. *Ginga*
  6. Tech
  7. Stars
  8. *AJ*
  9. Time
  10. night wing 247
  11. geetster99
  12. G-SHOCK
  13. Black Wing (maybe)
  14. beymaster15963
  15. Sonikkubey
  16. J o nâ„¢
  17. Beymysterio
  18. Rip Blader 3
  19. Fusion Blader
  20. MFB-revolution
  21. Unstoppable

HMS:
  1. Arupaeo
  2. Burn Rock Virgo
  3. *Ginga*
  4. Tech
  5. Stars
  6. *AJ*
  7. Time
  8. geetster99
  9. beymaster15963

Plastics:
  1. Arupaeo
  2. Burn Rock Virgo
  3. *Ginga*
  4. Stars
  5. Time
  6. geetster99
  7. beymaster15963

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

First! Going too! MFB Only.
(Dec. 19, 2012  8:07 PM)Unstoppable Wrote: First! Going too! MFB Only.
Going with him.
Anyone want this for $10? Bidding is accepted.
Yo, I am confirmed for all 3 until I ask my parents. Eee

Time to break in my Jiraiya Blade!
Yay! Confirm me for MFB and HMS for sure.

Heh, maybe luck will be on my side this time too. xD
all,Confirmed ;D
No no no no no!!!

Why, oh cruel fate! I doubt I will be able to go...
I will see tomorrow. But the hotel bums my chances and I have honestly never heard of Bethesda before these tournaments lol so I assume it might be a bit of aways from me (Map questing it at the moment.) I would love to play in these but I am unsure I will get the chance... ):
I think I might even be clear from Basketball on this date. Sigh...

Its a hour away, in a hotel my mom doesn't want to go too on a day we already have plans );
sign me up for hms and mfb even if i have a basketball game im still coming!
hehe... Hms gonna be a lotta fun especially since im good with em!
Yeah, your best is a Driger MS, lol.
(Dec. 21, 2012  12:05 AM)*Ginga* Wrote: Yeah, your best is a Driger MS, lol.

yeah the same thing that i used to beat arupaeo earlier this year(MIRACLES ARE AWESOME!)
also Y U HATIN!!!!!! lol jk
um, probably because his MSUV couldn't go into a Sliding Shoot.
I can never do any of these saturday events, i would really like to go to this one if it was on a sunday...
consider me a maybe all around, but a maybe for all three, get ready for the advantage of being a blader in 2002 (my secret weapons)
im in
mfb
put me down for all 3

i need to borrow a plastic and hms launcher
speaking of which i need a hms ripcord if anyone has a spare.
yes im confirmed for the MFB tourament
put me as a maybe
(Dec. 22, 2012  6:18 PM)geetster99 Wrote: put me down for all 3

I got you bro.

Well i'm excited for this tournament ^_^ Can't wait!

(Dec. 24, 2012  9:24 PM)Stars Wrote:
(Dec. 22, 2012  6:18 PM)geetster99 Wrote: put me down for all 3

I got you bro.

Well i'm excited for this tournament Joyful_3 Can't wait!
make sure its not a half of a ripcord lol

Put me on the MFB list as maybe.
(Dec. 21, 2012  8:24 AM)Clue Wrote: I can never do any of these saturday events, i would really like to go to this one if it was on a sunday...

I'm sorry you can't make it man, but Sundays will be coming back soon!
Enter me in all 3
Can you guys post a map because if so I can possibly make it to the tourney.