Beat Lynx TH170WD Draft- Finished!

Great job I think this can become beywiki material but i agree with the others you should mention the major contact points. Great job anyway keep it up
You have to actually describe what the parts actually look like, as well.
I think you should put in what types do each height on the TH170 track work best against.
Basalt TH170WF should be added as one of TH170's uses. And I also agree with Cookies^^.
Alrighty, I've taken all of your suggestions into consideration. I plan to make some huuuge edits tonight; I'm determined to get this on Beywiki! Smile
For use in attack custom GB145 is trash compared to R145 , it has more weight and more smash.
I finally made some edits to this draft, with most (if not all) of your suggestions. If there's anything you feel needs to be mentioned or taken out, please tell me. Smile

Pictures will hopefully be added today or tomorrow.
Quote:Note: This Beyblade was originally released as the 'Super Rare' Bey in Random Booster Volume 7 Beat Lynx. It is due for a release from SonoKong as a Starter.

Face: Lynx
The Face of this Beyblade represents Lynx, one of the 88 constellations in space. Being the prize Beyblade of its Random Booster, it has a printed Face, unlike most other 4D Beyblades.

4D Clear Wheel: Lynx
Weight: 3.06 grams
The original release of Lynx is a translucent brown, almost tan color. Like all other 4D Clear Wheels, it has a small amount of iron powder in it which is intended to add weight. Its design is two designs that emulate ears of a cat, with a notch in between each space. Due to it being two-sided, it has good synergy when used in tandem with Beat.

Beat's PC Frame
Weight: 2.62 grams
The PC Frame of Beat is an equally translucent brown color. The weight is mainly focused on opposite ends of the Frame. By flipping this PC Frame to either cover or expose the protrusions on Beat, it will be in either Attack Mode (protrusions exposed) or Defense Mode (protrusions covered). There are triangular designs on the top and bottom of the PC Frame, resembling cat ears.

4D Metal Wheel: Beat
Weight: 35.98 grams
The Beat Metal Wheel could be seen by some as representing the snout of Lynx, where the Clear Wheel represents its ears. It has some diamond-shaped designs on the inside of the Metal Wheel and has two main contact points which are the protrusions on both sides of the wheel and in its entirety it looks very similar to the Vulcan Metal Wheel. The Metal Wheel is one of the main reasons to purchase this Beyblade, since Beat is arguably one of the best right-spin Attack Metal Wheels when used in Attack Mode. Beat is a two-sided metal wheel, and works best with 2-sided Clear Wheels, namely the Lynx Clear Wheel.

Use in Attack Customization
Beats' large amount of smash combined with a mid height which allows Beat to have decent contact with any opposing height, Metal Face to add weight and a Rubber Flat to minimize any recoil that can occur due to its firm grip and provide fast movement, can become one of the most ferocious attack combinations possible: MF Beat Lynx CH120RF.

Track: Triple Height 170
Weight: 4.39 grams
The Track of this Beyblade is a darker shade of brown than the 4D Clear Wheel and PC Frame. It is a height-changing Track similar to CH120 and its possible heights are 170, 195, and 220. Seeing as TH170 is infinitely more versatile than 230 in terms of Defense due to its three different heights, it is recommended to use this in place of 230. The 170 and 195 height is best used against 145-height stamina and attack customizations, and the 220 height is best used for outspinning low-track stamina, defense and attack combinations.

Use in Defense Combination
TH170 can provide excellent results when paired with the sturdy Basalt Metal Wheel and the competent defense tip CS, in the combination MF-H Basalt Bull/Aquario/Kerbecs TH170CS.

Use in Balance Combination
TH170 is a key part in the Balance combination MF/MF-H Basalt Kerbecs TH170WF/MF.

Bottom: Wide Defense
Weight: 0.8 grams
Wide Defense, as its name implies is the widest of the “Defense” series of Bottoms (D, SD, and now WD). This brings numerous advantages, but also some disadvantages when compared to the other “Defense” Bottoms. Because of its massive width that reaches the edge of the Bottom's perimeter, it is able to wobble at a significantly larger angle for a longer period of time than D or SD, and at a much lower spin rate. This can be advantageous in many battles, particularly those between two Stamina types when they are about to topple over; however, if you happen to have a weaker shot than your opponent who is using something such as Virgo DF145SD, WDs low spin rate towards the end of the battle will make it extremely easy for the opponent to knock it completely over. This low spin rate towards the end of the battle is created because in the process of wobbling at such a large angle, more friction is made with the stadium floor, thus decreasing its Stamina. This is all avoidable however if your shot is at least as powerful as your opponent, as the extra time it is able to spin on an angle will allow you to narrowly outspin your D or SD based opponent.

WD has significant defensive capabilities as well, but because it still uses a form of sharp tip, its friction with the stadium floor is decreased, which as a result makes it easier to knock around than something like WB which has much more friction with the stadium floor. WD does of course offer superior Stamina to WB which in rare cases would be an advantage, but WB more often than not has enough Stamina to outlast Attack types.

Use in Stamina Customization
Though WD is not as good as EWD or BGrin in terms of Stamina, it can still do well in the Stamina combination Basalt Bull AD145WD/Hell Kerbecs BD145 (Boost Mode) WD.

Overall
This Beyblade is comprised of excellent parts for all categories of beyblade, which is a genuinely rare occurrence, Beat being one of the best right-spin attack wheels to date, TH170 finding a home in considerably good Stamina, Defense and Balance customizations and WD though having been released many times before still remains a favorite for stamina customizations. Every blader should own at least one of this Beyblade.

Quote:MF Beat Lynx CH120RF.

I could've sworn that R145 was better for it...

Thanks for cleaning it up some. I somehow knew I shouldn't have put the BBP combo in...

I'd stick with CH120 if I had to choose between the two. + CH120 is all-around best height for all attackers.
(Oct. 15, 2011  10:56 PM)Dan Wrote: I'd stick with CH120 if I had to choose between the two. + CH120 is all-around best height for all attackers.

CH145 is reportedly terrible. CH120 should only ever be used for the 120. If you want a slightly higher mid-profile track, R145 is your obvious choice.
(Oct. 15, 2011  10:55 PM)Dan Wrote: Why do you even use CH145? Its god-awful. 120 height can easily take care of 145-230.. :\
I know. LOL

Who would want that if 120 gets better results..?
(Oct. 15, 2011  11:06 PM)Dan Wrote:
(Oct. 15, 2011  10:55 PM)Dan Wrote: Why do you even use CH145? Its god-awful. 120 height can easily take care of 145-230.. :\
I know. LOL

Who would want that if 120 gets better results..?

I imagine there is probably some use for 145 heights on attackers, or CH120 would be the only thing anyone used/recommended. R145 is a fantastic part either way, though, and should be preferable to GB145 on Beat... I am really not sure why GB145 was chosen, but I'm sure it's mentioned somewhere.
Okay, I guess I'll put both R145 and CH120 in there. Anything else you see out of place?
I was telling Hazel about these titles..

I think you should change it, for the sake of naming, as am I.
As I recall, there is some support behind Beat Lynx 85RF/R2F for Low-Profile, so that may be worth mention. I know Low-Profile Attackers are so yesterday and all, but they usually still work pretty well against what they were conceived for.

(Oct. 15, 2011  11:11 PM)BeybladeStation Wrote: I was telling Hazel about these titles..

Kei actually got a kick out of my title, by his own admission, and did not seem to be particularly bothered by it. I'm not going to change mine until everyone stops being so attention-grabby with theirs.

Imitating my joke is pretty horrible form, though. Get your own material, guys. Gawrsh.
(Oct. 15, 2011  11:11 PM)BeybladeStation Wrote: I was telling Hazel about these titles..

Ah, fine. I just added it for some *horrible* humor. Tongue_out

(Oct. 15, 2011  11:11 PM)Hazel Wrote: As I recall, there is some support behind Beat Lynx 85RF/R2F for Low-Profile, so that may be worth mention. I know Low-Profile Attackers are so yesterday and all, but they usually still work pretty well against what they were conceived for.

Added.
(Aug. 18, 2011  11:50 PM)Kaiba Hiwatari Wrote: Track: Triple Height 170
The 170 an 195 heights are best used against 145-height attack and stamina combinations

I think you need to be more specific on that.
(Oct. 15, 2011  11:23 PM)Cookies^^ Wrote:
(Aug. 18, 2011  11:50 PM)Kaiba Hiwatari Wrote: Track: Triple Height 170
The 170 an 195 heights are best used against 145-height attack and stamina combinations

I think you need to be more specific on that.
How so?
Well, you said that both 170 and 195 can be used best against 145-height attack and stamina combinations, so, which means, which height do you use?
(Aug. 18, 2011  11:50 PM)Kaiba Hiwatari Wrote: The PC Frame of Beat is an equally translucent brown color. The weight is mainly focused on the opposite ends of the Frame. By turning this PC Frame to either cover or expose the protrusions on Beat, it will be in either Attack Mode (protrusions exposed) or Defense Mode (protrusions covered). There are triangular designs on the top and bottom of the PC Frame, resembling cat ears.
Fixed.

Well, 170 counters 145-height attack and 195 counters 145-height stamina, but Dan kind of fused those two when he cleaned up the draft. Though, IMO 195 doesn't do as well as 170 against attack.

(Oct. 15, 2011  11:36 PM)benthebeyboy Wrote:
(Aug. 18, 2011  11:50 PM)Kaiba Hiwatari Wrote: The PC Frame of Beat is an equally translucent brown color. The weight is mainly focused on the opposite ends of the Frame. By turning this PC Frame to either cover or expose the protrusions on Beat, it will be in either Attack Mode (protrusions exposed) or Defense Mode (protrusions covered). There are triangular designs on the top and bottom of the PC Frame, resembling cat ears.
Fixed.
Added, though I prefer 'rotating'. Tongue_out
Okay, I'm about to take the pictures. I know the obvious ones (assembled, separate parts, different heights of TH170, etc.), but I need to know what else. Here's what I've got so far:

Any more needed?
You should also take pictures of the two different Modes of the Metal Wheel/PC Frame without having it fully assembled, for a clearer picture(ie: top-down perspective).
Got it.

Should I also take pictures of the top and bottom of the PC Frame?