[Battle at the Fort] Indiana Beyday Tournament

on
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Tournament Moved to a later date... Battles still being held at regular time today though. Rain Date TBD
Who:
Pepe le Penguin -Tournament Host
Pichuscute - Tournament co-host

What:
Tournament being rescheduled

Where:
Buckner Park Pavillion, Bass Road, Fort Wayne, Indiana 46818
Google Map
Pavillion ,Under Pavillion

When:
Tournament being rescheduled. Battles still being held today.
May 23, 2009 (Beyday) 10:30am - ?

Why:

Because it is Beyday, and we want to get as many bladers in one spot to create the best competition possible! Northern indiana seems to be just the right distance to be to far from Toronto and Kansas as well.

important How:
Post here if you plan on attending, and pm me contact info (if you wish to be informed on any last minute changes or cancelations)
Tournament Format: (TBA)
-The park also has fountains to cool off in if you wish to bring a suit, but no guarantee they will be active
-Bring friends who are interested in beyblading!
-Any more questions, pm me
-I will give you my cell number, in case you need to contact me on the day-of to ask questions, only after I recieve a contact from you (I try to give as little information out on the net as possible)...if you have verizon and free texting, then that is especially awsome XP
-We will be having the first ever Bit Chip Exchange. So bring all of your extra bit chips

-Wolf-erazer
-Garfunkel22
-yooperman_dan
-drunkin_ninja
-Gimpy
-
-Xenoka
-Th3Jok3r (Maybe)
-
-

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Poll: Planning on attending 'Battle at the Fort '09'

Heck yes!
15.79%
No
0%
No, but I wish I could!
84.21%
Total: 100% 19 vote(s)
If you guys hold another one in mid to late June, I might be able to come. My mother wants to take me to a doctor in Minnesota. On the way back, I can swing by for a tourny.
Grin
We could definitely hold another one. Doubt there'd be a prize again, but hey, the more battles the better.
(May. 22, 2009  3:42 AM)Pichuscute Wrote: Grin
We could definitely hold another one. Doubt there'd be a prize again, but hey, the more battles the better.
If you guys can each chip in a bit, I'll provide a few prizes for the next time.

I'll get my mother to plot out a date for the doctors so we can try to plot around that.

What would be better: June or July?
I should be able to do it anytime(unless my parents planned something I'm not aware of), dunno about Pepe and his friends, though. So, whichever works better for you, most likely.
Hey guys! We're tossing around the idea of a world beyblade conference via webcam at our Beyday events. If you guys have a laptop, webcam, and WiFi, hop on and join us!
Doubt we would have Wifi at this park >.>
That is a great idea, though.
Also, since the prize didn't come today, I'm gonna assume I won't get it in time (and the seller still hasn't messaged me back >Unhappy). Have you gotten the stadium yet, Pepe?
(May. 22, 2009  1:16 PM)Deikailo Wrote: Hey guys! We're tossing around the idea of a world beyblade conference via webcam at our Beyday events. If you guys have a laptop, webcam, and WiFi, hop on and join us!

We hope to make a video album and a photo album of the event, but Pichuscute is right about not having wifi at the park.

An no about the stadium Chocked_2 Toywiz said it was supposed to be here either yesterday or today. SO maybe later today. I hate cutting it this close!
Damn, time to figure out how to tape up my stadium legally then. :\
Dont worry. The staduim will be here... -knock on wood-

-goes to mow lawns in crazy hot weather-
THE WATER FOUNTAINS WILL BE OPEN YAY! BRING A SUIT!
I don't wanna...... Tongue_out
You can, though, I don't care. Also, I have no idea what my mom is gonna do while we are blading cuz she's taking us and it's about 40 minutes to get there.
Soooo, weare missing a person as of now. One of Pepe's friends couldn't make it. I'm scrambling to find someone else.....no luck so far.
I'm searching for a 9th as well. It'll be fine. People are just not awake to answer texts. Smile

Do you realize this entire thread is us talking to each other? The other people dont really care much to get online, so we look extra dorky ^-^
People read it, they just don't answer much, so I'll update regardless. But, yeah, it's basicly us two talking to each other XD
Battles still being held today, but official tournament is moved to a later date, on account of only having 8 people. if for some reason 9 show up, it is back on.

Peace out

Happy Beyday
6 People showed, BTW. Two other of his friends couldn't make either.
It was alot of fun, though (sorry if I didn't seem for enthusiastic, I'm just quiet XD).
Next time, we should blade in the grass so our tips don't get ruined when they get knocked out of the stadium. XD
Can't wait for next time. Grin
(May. 23, 2009  7:14 PM)Pichuscute Wrote: 6 People showed, BTW. Two other of his friends couldn't make either.
It was alot of fun, though (sorry if I didn't seem for enthusiastic, I'm just quiet XD).
Next time, we should blade in the grass so our tips don't get ruined when they get knocked out of the stadium. XD
Can't wait for next time. Grin

That is a way better idea. Hey, you are an official witness to my Cross SPike / WYborg Base triumphs XD
Haha, yeah.
AR: Cross Spike WD: 10 Wide BB: Wyborg
owned me....XD
I was using 10bBistool first, and then a smash attack combo which was something like
AR: Seaborg
WD: 10 Wide
SP: Dranzer V2
BB: Driger V2

I was really surprised the thing won at all.
I'll try to get a video uploaded of the tournament soon. I'll have to sort through which one's were free battles and which were official, they were all out of order.
Pepe, can you send me the win/loss list when you get it typed up? It would help me out alot. Smile
Cool
Thanks man. Will get working on this video.
Those last three battles we had all ended up being like 3-2. They were all close. Unfortunatly I went 3-9 today. Two of my wins were with the WYborg, Draciel Combo. Imagine if I had used the 10 wide the whole time. I think I would have had a way better record. Next time we get together if will be a closer competition I think. I learned a lot about battling today, in a real stadium. The only other thing I really want is a rip cord like Garfunkel's.

And that was very nice of you to give Xenoka his first beyblade.
I know it's not a tournament but.....

1st - Pichuscute
2nd - Xenoka
3rd - Wolf-erazer

Good job guys! Joyful_2
Smile It was kool, I hate that beyblade anyway. XD
Yeah, if you would have used 10 Wide the whole time, you would have won much more. I'm suprised Garfunkel didn't win more, since he was the only one with a dragon winder.
My record was 8-2 Cool
Can't wait for next time.
EDIT: Thanks Aqua. Next time you guys should change up your beyblade each round more often.
Well that's the thing. We dont own very many. I hope we can snag a battle with Anibus if/when she comes by. I wanna see how midwest compares to east coast. After all we are Fort Wayne Bladers (Sig)

Edit: WHen you do the video, if you were thinking about putting music with it, I love Swing Low from the beyblade movie. Catchy song.
It's Deikalo that's coming over here. And I said you guys could use mine, but oh well. I'll put that song in it, then. Cool