[Battle at the Fort] Indiana Beyday Tournament

on
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Tournament Moved to a later date... Battles still being held at regular time today though. Rain Date TBD
Who:
Pepe le Penguin -Tournament Host
Pichuscute - Tournament co-host

What:
Tournament being rescheduled

Where:
Buckner Park Pavillion, Bass Road, Fort Wayne, Indiana 46818
Google Map
Pavillion ,Under Pavillion

When:
Tournament being rescheduled. Battles still being held today.
May 23, 2009 (Beyday) 10:30am - ?

Why:

Because it is Beyday, and we want to get as many bladers in one spot to create the best competition possible! Northern indiana seems to be just the right distance to be to far from Toronto and Kansas as well.

important How:
Post here if you plan on attending, and pm me contact info (if you wish to be informed on any last minute changes or cancelations)
Tournament Format: (TBA)
-The park also has fountains to cool off in if you wish to bring a suit, but no guarantee they will be active
-Bring friends who are interested in beyblading!
-Any more questions, pm me
-I will give you my cell number, in case you need to contact me on the day-of to ask questions, only after I recieve a contact from you (I try to give as little information out on the net as possible)...if you have verizon and free texting, then that is especially awsome XP
-We will be having the first ever Bit Chip Exchange. So bring all of your extra bit chips

-Wolf-erazer
-Garfunkel22
-yooperman_dan
-drunkin_ninja
-Gimpy
-
-Xenoka
-Th3Jok3r (Maybe)
-
-

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Poll: Planning on attending 'Battle at the Fort '09'

Heck yes!
15.79%
No
0%
No, but I wish I could!
84.21%
Total: 100% 19 vote(s)
Sucks that you can't come, but that's a very nice offer. Thanks =)
If we get one more person to come, we should have a tournament.
(May. 07, 2009  5:21 AM)Synesthesia Wrote: I most likely won't be able to make this, but if you guys get enough people to have a tournament I might be able to pitch in a little for prizes.

I'm still unclear on these "prizes." Like beyblades or other things? I could somehow get medals or sweet little trophies if people pitch in.
Prizes are usually beyblade gear Wink
(May. 08, 2009  12:20 AM)Khel Wrote: Prizes are usually beyblade gear Wink

Twas my assumption.
(May. 08, 2009  12:41 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: And Faces Grin

Of course! Kool-Aid man agrees->[Image: ICONATOR_be7ffb7c87ef8cba9460e74cebe35df5.gif]
(May. 08, 2009  12:51 AM)Pepe le Penguin Wrote: Of course! Kool-Aid man agrees->[Image: ICONATOR_be7ffb7c87ef8cba9460e74cebe35df5.gif]

Wut!? And yeah, I was thinking just faces/points as prizes unless you or Syn will do something more.
The main thing we still do not have tied down is a stadium. I myself am not going to be able to buy one any time soon.

Just a public opinion; should I provide cheap snacks an stuff? SHould I ask everybody to bring like $2 so we can get chips and whatnot? Or should I make it that everybody can just bring some sort of snack or drink? It's going to be outdoors (under a large pavillion [which I need to find my camera and get pics of]) so it could be hot, and if we are there a long time we at least need snacks.

Another question; Even though there are warnings everywhere about not having the stadiums on tables, does anyone even really hold that rule to heart?
Let's leave the stadiums on the ground (we still need to get one though....). As for snacks, do whatever you want. If you really wanna provide them, you can, but I don't think we'll be their long enough to need them. We'll only be there a few hours. Maybe drinks would be better to bring as it may get hot.
If your going to be there for more than 3 hours, it'd be good to bring snacks and drinks.
Go to a pound shop/dollar store/whatever. Seriously, these places are great and they often have some 'interesting' foods as well as the branded stuff. XD
(May. 09, 2009  7:56 PM)Rocky Wrote: Go to a pound shop/dollar store/whatever. Seriously, these places are great and they often have some 'interesting' foods as well as the branded stuff. XD

If there were a pound shop in Indiana I'd visit that tooJoyful_2. But I think I'll do that. That's good advice Cute

I hope everybody doesn't think I'm stupid for asking questions all the time. I dont know how many other people acrually agree with me in thinking there is no stupid questions.
By the way, Pepe is ordering a MFB attack so we should be set with a stadium in case Kai12 doesn't show up/doesn't bring his.
Prize ordered off ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...0422359014
NIB Master Dranzer
I visited the park yesterday but was only able to get my camera in focus on one picture. >.>
Here's the pavillion: [Image: DSCN0724.jpg]
The park isn't very big and isn't fully developed yet.
All we need though is the pavillion. But did you loike how there were drinking fountains and bathrooms and stuff. The playground is a plus though! ^-^
Yes, I liked it. That did sound like I was unhappy XD. I'm not though, I was just saying. It should work perfect for what we're doing.
That looks like a great place to do the tournament! Smile
Agreed, seems like you have everything you need. Though if I were attending I'd totally be sidetracked by the play area. XD
Haha, thanks guys. Pepe picked good.
We'll be starting at around 11:00am instead of 10:00am like before. I can't wake up early enough to get there by 10 XD. SO, does anyone out of town wanna come before we make all our plans final?
(May. 20, 2009  4:06 AM)Pichuscute Wrote: We'll be starting at around 11:00am instead of 10:00am like before. I can't wake up early enough to get there by 10 XD. SO, does anyone out of town wanna come before we make all our plans final?

Well I am getting there at about 10-10:30ish. We wont start battles until there are a few witnesses there anyway. Today Gimpy and I are going out to get stuff for trophies, food, and nametags (her idea).

Th3Jok3r is a maybe, but he will need to borrow blades.
That's fine, I will be probably bring around 30 of them anyway. And, yeah, nametags are a great idea.