Battle Strikers Discussion

I remember that Battle Strikers kept me entertained while I waited for Metal Fusion to come out, though I was also jealous when I saw Metal Fusion had superior strength. Still, I miss them a lot and I do like them almost as much as Beyblade, therefore I got three Metal XS this year, a new Masumai, Viper and Megalodon.
I was going through Metal XS pics the other night, am very glad I was able to work on the second line of Metal XS. There were a lot of cool designs in there.
You have no idea of how grateful I am that you somewhat helped in getting Black Widow its own release. I'd say it's pretty much one of my favourite Striker, along with Viper and Iceblade.

Oh and by the way, do you know if this shirt is legit ? It looks a bit small, and cheaply printed so I'm a bit suspicious.
I've been wondering for quite some time now which Battle strikers Series should I buy? Should I buy Mehca FX or The original series?
(Aug. 18, 2016  1:31 AM)MissingNo. Wrote: You have no idea of how grateful I am that you somewhat helped in getting Black Widow its own release. I'd say it's pretty much one of my favourite Striker, along with Viper and Iceblade.

Oh and by the way, do you know if this shirt is legit ? It looks a bit small, and cheaply printed so I'm a bit suspicious.

It's probably real and definitely nothing special.
I really enjoyed Battle Strikers. It's a shame they're pretty much dead because they were actually more exciting than MFB because of the fact you can control the tops but also because in Metal XS, the Striker Weapons also had way more impact and smash in battles than MFB does which is why I consider Battle Strikers more exciting. Not to mention the weights of the Weapons (for the most part) were more equal than MFB ever was.

My personal favourite ones were Viking (blue), Sentinal, Shredder, Fangrir, Iceblade (even though I don't have one), Talonthor (non-FX ver) and Raptor.
Fun fact; B.STAM (which is supposed to be a stamina Booster) is actually the worse Booster stamina-wise, and from the few tests I did, it can even reduce the stamina of your Striker of a whole minute, sometimes even more.

So weird that such a little piece of plastic can drastically affect the performances of your Striker, leading to a potential loss.
And that's why you never trust the box, in Beyblade or Battle Strikers!

Seriously though, that's sad lol. I had so many cool ideas for tips and boosters that never got to see the light of day ... even before my first day on the job, I had a book full of ideas, most of which never saw the light of day lol. I would say maybe only the Knockout Arena really resembles anything I had planned. (I developed the themes and names for Metal XS series 2 and provided design feedback on the top designs but didn't have much to do with new part concepts.)
(Aug. 18, 2016  1:31 AM)MissingNo. Wrote: You have no idea of how grateful I am that you somewhat helped in getting Black Widow its own release. I'd say it's pretty much one of my favourite Striker, along with Viper and Iceblade.

My favourite is Masumai FX and Minotaur, and Megalodeon is a close second, on par in fact. Weird how my three favourite Strikers begin with an M. I love Minotaur so much I am going to get another one soon, I know I got one already but the new one would be for looks or if my old Minotaur breaks.
Megalodon is my fav, too.
(Aug. 19, 2016  12:02 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Megalodon is my fav, too.

Well, specifically the gunmetal and dark blue Megalodon XS for me, the colour scheme is so nice. The starter version looks nice but not as nice IMO.
(Aug. 18, 2016  11:10 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: And that's why you never trust the box, in Beyblade or Battle Strikers!

Seriously though, that's sad lol. I had so many cool ideas for tips and boosters that never got to see the light of day ... even before my first day on the job, I had a book full of ideas, most of which never saw the light of day lol. I would say maybe only the Knockout Arena really resembles anything I had planned. (I developed the themes and names for Metal XS series 2 and provided design feedback on the top designs but didn't have much to do with new part concepts.)

Do you still have that book, or any pictures of prototypes or logos, or any ''exclusive'' stuff that us mortals never had the chance to see, haha ?

I wish they focused more on the magnetic aspect, kinda like the V2 serie in Plastics. Also, the thing that killed Battle Strikers was, (in my opinion), the lack of gimmicks. In every Beyblade serie, each Beyblade had something special and cool that made them unique and interesting (Rubber tips for Dragoon, metal balls for Draciel, ect).
Well, you have to think. Rubber tips, if they become very grippy sacrifice control and are only good when the arena isn't flat. Then again, there was the insanely giant hole flat top T.ATK which I still consider the worst Battle Striker tip ever, poor attack, stamina and control. As for free spinning tips, I don't get why they couldn't do that.

Also the rule of not using a metal ball tip is dumb IMO because it's not too heavy, I could maybe understand with the first series, the tops are lighter and the larger heavier ball would make it stronger and add a huge difference, but for Metal XS, the tops are heavier and the metal ball tip is smaller so the weight is less significant. I don't get why it's only for stacking rather than be a competitive part, when it was sold in many godforsaken starters and boosters and is bunched with many tips and not categorised as a Trick tip. Who made these rules of not allowing the T.MAG from Metal XS?
(Aug. 19, 2016  2:26 AM)Jinbee Wrote: Well, you have to think. Rubber tips, if they become very grippy sacrifice control and are only good when the arena isn't flat. Then again, there was the insanely giant hole flat top T.ATK which I still consider the worst Battle Striker tip ever, poor attack, stamina and control. As for free spinning tips, I don't get why they couldn't do that.

Also the rule of not using a metal ball tip is dumb IMO because it's not too heavy, I could maybe understand with the first series, the tops are lighter and the larger heavier ball would make it stronger and add a huge difference, but for Metal XS, the tops are heavier and the metal ball tip is smaller so the weight is less significant. I don't get why it's only for stacking rather than be a competitive part, when it was sold in many godforsaken starters and boosters and is bunched with many tips and not categorised as a Trick tip. Who made these rules of not allowing the T.MAG from Metal XS?

Yeah, I've never understood why T.MAG had to be banned either because it's not really that game breaking TBH. Yeah, I suppose the team behind Battle Strikers thought that because it's a metal ball, it would immediately be overpowering but what they forgot to factor is that T.MAG is a rather tall tip and can therefore be destabilized by Strikers with lower heights. I suppose you could argue that they also banned it because T.MAG is meant to be a free-spinning ball like Orbit (except metal of course) but that doesn't sound like a strong enough reason for the part to be banned. I prefer T.SHARP for stamina anyway Tongue_out
(Aug. 19, 2016  2:26 AM)Jinbee Wrote: Well, you have to think. Rubber tips, if they become very grippy sacrifice control and are only good when the arena isn't flat. Then again, there was the insanely giant hole flat top T.ATK which I still consider the worst Battle Striker tip ever, poor attack, stamina and control. As for free spinning tips, I don't get why they couldn't do that.

For the rubber tips, I was just showing an example of gimmicks that are unique to some Beyblades.

Also, back on the Boosters, releasing boosters with some metal (or completely made of metal, and magnetic !) would probably have helped (or solved in a way) the issue of the terrible stamina of most Strikers.

Hell, the best time we've ever seen so far is 4:02 with Fangrir, which is not great at all, if we compare it to MFB.
If I was wanting to get into the Metal series Battle Strikers, what should I but? Seems fun
(Aug. 19, 2016  4:12 AM)Real_ilinnuc Wrote: If I was wanting to get into the Metal series Battle Strikers, what should I but? Seems fun

For competitivity, get Fangrir, it has great defense and great stamina, I can beat Black Widow with it, although I lose to Masumai with it too.

I also recommend Megalodon, I find it has good defense and it comes with the Metal Ball.

But you can get any, if it's for fun and you might be able to get Strikers we might not find useful good, depending how you use it.

I personally don't collect mainly for competitivity but for fun and for collection.
is my combo any good,the combo is
Weapon Sabretooth
Booster:B.FAN
Tip:super balance (couldn't find the T. name

my favorite strikers are probably pretty obvious,they're asleon,sabretooth,and pantera

Edit:the combo has been dubbed Lynx
Does anyone know where I can buy battle strikers now?
(Aug. 19, 2016  6:56 AM)RacingCheetahz Wrote: is my combo any good,the combo is
Weapon Sabretooth
Booster:B.FAN
Tip:super balance (couldn't find the T. name

my favorite strikers are probably pretty obvious,they're asleon,sabretooth,and pantera

The name of your tip is probably T.BAL.

For your combo, well, I haven't really tested that much Sabretooth, because it's performances are pretty meh in general. It is definitely outclassed in attack, though. (By Raptor, Black Widow, Fangrir and Dragonfire).

On the bright side, Sabretooth has a pretty decent stamina and is potentially good for defense customs. You should definitely switch its Booster by B.RIM or B.BAL, which can both make your Sabretooth spin for a good 20 to 30 seconds more than B.FAN.
Honestly, I find Sabertooth kind of decent for attack, not sure if it's the best now but I managed to K.O Black Widow, which was one of the best for Defense and Stamina, although I can't find it good for Defense, maybe Stamina though.
(Aug. 19, 2016  11:16 AM){YT}EnderBlader Wrote: Does anyone know where I can buy battle strikers now?

unfortunately only online,if you're lucky you might find some at a dollar store
(Aug. 19, 2016  3:26 PM)RacingCheetahz Wrote:
(Aug. 19, 2016  11:16 AM){YT}EnderBlader Wrote: Does anyone know where I can buy battle strikers now?

unfortunately only online,if you're lucky you might find some at a dollar store

Would you buy from Amazon or eBay?
Either, but for prices, I would lean more towards Ebay... if you live in the UK, I can't speak for other countries. On ebay you also find some nice cheap lots.
(Aug. 19, 2016  5:58 PM)Jinbee Wrote: Either, but for prices, I would lean more towards Ebay... if you live in the UK, I can't speak for other countries. On ebay you also find some nice cheap lots.

I want on Amazon and I found Xcalibur