Basalt Horogium H145R2F

I think Rusty's testing proves my point a bit. Confused
Though, Rusty, did you have an MF-H on that Hell Kerbecs?

Consider it this way, a collision where both objects are moving contains more energy than one where one is stationary. This means, if both objects are moving, there's more energy in the collision, then the blade with less grip (i.e. the one not on R2F) is going to have to handle higher energy to stay in.

The reason RF defence works is because RF can handle that extra energy due to it's great grip, and the lower recoil of the defence wheel helps prevent it suffering major damage from a collision. However, that's pretty much the only time movement is good for defence.

The only time I'd be wanting to be moving with a defence combo, is if my defence combo was easily KO-able by the opposing attack type, in which case, yes, hoping for a miraculous 0 collision battle might be a better idea (albeit still a terrible one). However, MF-H Hell Kerbecs BD145CS isn't easy to KO, and thus has no reason it has to rely on dodging to survive.

EDIT: Oh, hey, looks like my brain's working today Gasp
Lol, also rusty's test it about what I would have expected, as basalt doesn't have to much ridges to make smash, also H145 can't really do anything against HK.

Overall I believe it's the weight of basalt that got kerbecs out, was it rusty? Also rusty what mode?

Overall this bey might only be able to take Low Track combos out, with the weight and H145 can be punishing but lacks power
Well, expected this combo to come up, as I always knew that Basalt's weight combined with an attack bottom, will create good attack. I mean, it would be like a fat bully(someone like Benkei) pushing away someone like Gingka or Kenta... There are exceptions like HK, though... Well, the results seem...weird though.. Never expected such results against HK... Rusty's tests are the only tests in the thread, which seem to be true..
@Janstorblast the results aren't good

(Jun. 13, 2011  7:11 AM)RustyXD Wrote: Ok i tested the the same combo as the OP but i straight shot the defense combo
Equpitment

Basalt Horogium H145R2F vs Hell Kerbecs BD145CS
Basalt win rate 20%
(Jun. 05, 2011  3:42 PM)HorogiumX Wrote: P.S. This isn't a pure attack combo, it's more Anti-Meta. This is why against a pure Defense combo, it gets a little above 50%.
Guys he did say this , so that is most likely the reason why it didn't do so well Wink

And it was in boost mode , i find hell to have a carp load of recoil if not in boost mode Wink
(Jun. 13, 2011  6:20 PM)Callum6939 Wrote: @Janstorblast the results aren't good

(Jun. 13, 2011  7:11 AM)RustyXD Wrote: Ok i tested the the same combo as the OP but i straight shot the defense combo
Equpitment

Basalt Horogium H145R2F vs Hell Kerbecs BD145CS
Basalt win rate 20%

I know it Callum. Stupid That's the reason why I say that only Rusty's tests seem to be true... The OP's tests are unbelievable.... It looks as if a collision between a bicycle and a truck resulted in the truck tumbling over due to the cycle...
(Jun. 16, 2011  2:28 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: I know it Callum. Stupid That's the reason why I say that only Rusty's tests seem to be true... The OP's tests are unbelievable.... It looks as if a collision between a bicycle and a truck resulted in the truck tumbling over due to the cycle...

LMFAO!!! i don't know what to say lol.

i think this thread may be as good as over, don't you think?
Not much of an anti-meta combo either. My results for MF-H Basalt Kerbecs 230CS and MF Lightning L-Drago BD145LRF are below.

My equipment/setup:
TT Attack Stadium
3 segment grip (black)
string launchers (red and white)

MF-H Basalt Kerbecs 230CS vs. Basalt Horogium H145R2F
230 shot first
MF-H Basalt Kerbecs 230CS 16/20 (15 OS, 1 KO)
Basalt Horogium H145R2F 4/20 (0 OS, 4 KO)
Basalt H145 wins 20%

The H145 R2F combo definitely has some KO power against non-Basalt beys, but when against another Basalt the playing field is more level. The 4 KOs for H145 came when the 230 combo was moved to the outside and then got "nudged" out of the stadium on a subsequent hit.

MF Lightning L-Drago BD145LRF vs. Basalt Horogium H145R2F
Alternating shots
MF Lightning L-Drago BD145LRF 17/20 (17 OS, 0 KO)
Basalt Horogium H145R2F 3/20 (0 OS, 3 KO)
2 ties (spin) were retested
Basalt H145 wins 15%

Hmm... LRF vs. R2F - lots of speed at impact, but not much KOing going on. LLD (with the help of LRF) was able to stay in the stadium most of the time, and when it did so it easily outspun the less balanced Basalt wheel.