Basalt Cancer D:D

(Aug. 06, 2011  9:29 PM)NightVirgo8787 Wrote:
(Aug. 06, 2011  9:27 PM)Mr. N Wrote: Yeah I will later. It might lower the win rate when Basalt Cancer is battling Stamina types though.
Very true. I was thinking more against attack. But Id like to see it against stamina and defense.

I want to see it versus Gravity Perseus stamina Vers Left spin.
(Aug. 07, 2011  4:25 PM)stevebak Wrote: I want to see it versus Gravity Perseus stamina Vers Left spin.

What combo?
(Aug. 07, 2011  4:06 PM)Mr. N Wrote: MF-H improves the win rate against Attack types but it severely decreases the win rate against MF-H Hell Kerbecs BD145CS
That was my theory. I agree that Hell Kerbecs wins against a MF-H but could you try Hell Kerbecs BD145(Boost Mode) SD please. Thanks for the testing Mr N.
(Aug. 07, 2011  4:27 PM)Mr. N Wrote:
(Aug. 07, 2011  4:25 PM)stevebak Wrote: I want to see it versus Gravity Perseus stamina Vers Left spin.

What combo?

Gravity Perseus Stamina vers. AD145EWD/WD(substitute) Left-Spin
MF-L Gravity Perseus GB145WD Left-Spin
AD145/EWD have great balance, but I think Basalt can take the hits in a weak shot in F Mode.
(Aug. 07, 2011  5:05 PM)NightVirgo8787 Wrote:
(Aug. 07, 2011  4:06 PM)Mr. N Wrote: MF-H improves the win rate against Attack types but it severely decreases the win rate against MF-H Hell Kerbecs BD145CS
That was my theory. I agree that Hell Kerbecs wins against a MF-H but could you try Hell Kerbecs BD145(Boost Mode) SD please. Thanks for the testing Mr N.

I have an extremely worn SD and I have good WDs and good Ds and 1 mint D.

OK, stevebak. I'll try them.

Basalt Cancer D:D (WB Mode) VS Gravity Perseus (Stamina) AD145WD (Left Spin, Defense Mode)
Standard Procedures
Basalt Cancer Win Rate - 100% (2KO, 2OS)

Basalt Cancer D:D (WB Mode) VS MF-L Gravity Perseus (Stamina) GB145WD (Left Spin, Defense Mode)
Standard Procedures
Basalt Cancer Win Rate - 100% (3KO, 1OS)

I only did 4 rounds for each since I didn't want to watch Gravity Perseus get defeated 20 times. Gravity is a light wheel compared to Basalt and its recoil and the fact that it's on WD...
(Aug. 07, 2011  6:03 PM)Mr. N Wrote:
Ok will you test Hell Kerbecs BD145(Boost) D please. And if you have a the time test D:D in S mode please.
(Aug. 07, 2011  6:03 PM)Mr. N Wrote:

OK, stevebak. I'll try them.

Basalt Cancer DGrin (WB Mode) VS Gravity Perseus (Stamina) AD145WD (Left Spin, Defense Mode)
Standard Procedures
Basalt Cancer Win Rate - 100% (2KO, 2OS)

Basalt Cancer DGrin (WB Mode) VS MF-L Gravity Perseus (Stamina) GB145WD (Left Spin, Defense Mode)
Standard Procedures
Basalt Cancer Win Rate - 100% (3KO, 1OS)

I only did 4 rounds for each since I didn't want to watch Gravity Perseus get defeated 20 times. Gravity is a light wheel compared to Basalt and its recoil and the fact that it's on WD...

wow that was pretty one sided lol. Yeah your right about that. I get that sometime to. Specialy on those stamina tests where you see that one pretty mutch dominates the tests.
Basalt Cancer D:D (S Mode) VS Hell Kerbecs BD145D (Boost Mode)
Standard Procedures
Basalt Cancer Win Rate - 80% (7KO, 1OS)
Hell Kerbecs Win Rate - 20% (1KO, 1OS)

It's pretty much the same thing as WD. Only easier to KO.
Basalt Cancer D:D (F Mode, Stall) VS Hell Kerbecs BD145RF (Boost Mode)
Standard Procedures
Basalt Cancer Win Rate - 80% (8OS)
Hell Kerbecs Win Rate - 20% (2KO)

Just some more tests.
This would get KO'ed almost every time by MF-F Gravity Perseus R145RF. I used it today at a meet-up
Unfortunately, I don't have an R145 to test it. Against left-spin, weak-launching on WB mode should get a decent win rate. Against right-spin, stalling on F mode should also get a decent win rate.
I have D125 tests.

Basalt Cancer D:D (F Mode, Stall) VS MF Gravity Perseus (ATK) D125RF (Right Spin, Counter Mode)
Standard Procedures
Basalt Cancer Win Rate – 80% (4KO, 4OS)
Gravity Perseus Win Rate – 20% (2KO)

Basalt Cancer D:D (WB Mode, Weak Launch) VS MF Gravity Perseus D125RF (Left Spin, Counter Mode)
Standard Procedures
Basalt Cancer Win Rate – 90% (9OS)
Gravity Perseus Win Rate- 10% (1KO)

I don't know if there is a big difference between D125 and R145 but Basalt Cancer does well against the D125 variant.
How was gravity Perseus launched in those first d125 tests on the post above me?
It was banked.
If you don't mind, could you do the exact same test, but 'stall' with gravity as well

RF can catch up to F when they're both on the ridge.
I'll do it later. Deikailo did some tests with Beat and wrote some stuff about launching techniques and modes and stuff that I can't explain very well on the first page. If you didn't already, you should read that.
Basalt Cancer D:D (F Mode, Stall) VS MF Gravity Perseus (ATK) D125RF (Right Spin, Counter Mode, Stall)
Standard Procedures
Basalt Cancer Win Rate – 40% (4OS)
Gravity Perseus Win Rate – 60% (6KO)

Right-spin Attack is Basalt Cancer D:D's weakness.
Anyone else think this could be a Compact custom almost? I don't know the width of D:D but still. :V
lol
But what would differentiate this being a compact from 145 F/S/WB?

I just looked at the beywiki definition for compact; spin velocity and balance.

Staircase of death.
I say this because of D:D's width and Basalt's sort of passive, very circular shape. Staircase of death doesn't affect performance so drastically, and if it does, it actually helps with defense.
145F/WB/S doesn't have as much width at all. With D:D you can use different launches for different bottoms which are interchangeable. Apparently a compact is capable of that (different launches for different qualities.)
(Aug. 10, 2011  5:12 PM)Dan Wrote: I say this because of DGrin's width and Basalt's sort of passive, very circular shape. Staircase of death doesn't affect performance so drastically, and if it does, it actually helps with defense.

It does? I thought it was just a disadvantage for Defense. Smile
About this combo(I saw this thread 1st time)-
Well, I see another Balance combo here. I think its the era of Balance types now..
Others are talking about a compact combo, I agree with them, but not completely, as I don't know much about D: D and the last thing I read about it was instability, i.e. bad balance. I may be wrong though, as a compact combo does have good balance.
It seems to be quite good, and looking at the results, it seems to be promising. Smile
Well, although Basalt is actually quite small - a quality of many Compacts - its odd weight distribution does reduce its spin velocity significantly. I don't really think this is a Compact at all, but it's a really interesting Balance type.
Oh come on, its pretty close! It displays many of those qualities other than distribution haha.
I suppose the key player in a Compact is weight-distribution and being well balanced. How about Earth D:D? haha.
Hmm, it definitely seems to fit when I look at the article, but I don't really think labeling it compact is fitting.
Basalt isn't a small part in width, so it seems to deter me away from the 'compact'.
D:D's width? Wouldn't something like AD145 and MF-H be better for making the weight towards the middle; increasing spin velocity?

To me it just seems like a heavy metal wheel combined with a part that has several different modes, being a balance-esque type...but it doesn't fit the compact necessarily. More towards just a defense type with some slight attack and slight stamina properties
But then there's the mode change with D:D, so that is advantageous over F/S/WB.
Could also be just me, haha.

Woah, I got super n00bed, it took me so long to write that the conversation is almost over.