Barrie, Ontario, Canada Tournament

Hello, 

Oldschool and I just hosted an awesome tournament here in Barrie. I would very much like to have the opportunity to become an official organizer myself to host tournaments in my area as well as build up / mobilize our community here in Barrie. I've demonstrated good knowledge of the rules, judged multiple matches (including the final in Brampton last week) and shown a willingness to "go  all the way" in becoming an organizer.  The only experience I am missing is running the Challonge brackets, which I will accomplish once I  run a tourney myself. 

THe only roadblock I am facing is the "mandatory 50 forum posts" before taking the quiz. Is it possible to waive this criteria ? 

I'd like to thank the GTA organizers (Oldschool and Kei) for running such smooth, successful and fun tournaments. My kids enjoy playing beyblades a lot more knowing they can participate in such great tournaments, and hopefully I'll be able to carry that torch here in Barrie. 

Papabey
That would be up to the Committee. I would PM them directly instead of making a thread asking to waive that.

I think that's mostly there to ensure anyone actively organizing tournaments is generally active in the community, and has a developed history of positive engagement with the community in general.
Honestly, I'd just say post more. You don't even have to post about the anime if you don't watch it.

You seem serious about making a tournament, so part of the Organizer's Quiz involves having 4 people express interest, as well as having a tentative date and location lined up. I'd start with that and getting those 4 interests.
(Jul. 22, 2019  1:39 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: That would be up to the Committee. I would PM them directly instead of making a thread asking to waive that.

I think that's mostly there to ensure anyone actively organizing tournaments is generally active in the community, and has a developed history of positive engagement with the community in general.
Honestly, I'd just say post more. You don't even have to post about the anime if you don't watch it.

You seem serious about making a tournament, so part of the Organizer's Quiz involves having 4 people express interest, as well as having a tentative date and location lined up. I'd start with that and getting those 4 interests.

Thanks, I'll send some PMs to the committee. The tourney has already been held (Sunday the 21st). It had 14 bladers, some coming from far away (250km away).  Not as many local participants as I would have liked, but we're just starting out. It's a start  !