Ban on Disc 12?

Honestly, wouldn't the 4 Disc on a left spin bey have a similar effect?
(May. 26, 2018  7:12 PM)g2_ Wrote: But what if I use it on a left spin Bey?

Still must have a frame, as per the WBO rules.

It's possible damage could still be dealt with a right-spin bey hitting the left (who has 12). It would be pushing itself into a stab, pretty much.

Someone would have to test and prove that it cannot deal damage in left spin.

(May. 26, 2018  8:06 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: Honestly, wouldn't the 4 Disc on a left spin bey have a similar effect?

12 is rather narrow and pointed while other discs with "points" are thicker and more blunt. I easily feel 12 dig into my finger. It's like the difference of being stepped on by the heel of a high-heel shoe vs. the front--the heel is worse, because it's the weight so concentrated to a small point.

12 can deal damage within 5-10 minutes of use. No one has reported any other disc-connected damage otherwise, as far as I'm aware.

Easy to guess, more accurate to test.
(Mar. 23, 2018  8:22 PM)Bey_$avage Wrote: [Image: yC1MHGT.png]@[Kei] , frostic fox claims that this damage to his fafnir's rubber was caused by use against 12

Is it going to affect the spin stealing?
(Mar. 23, 2018  8:22 PM)Bey_$avage Wrote: [Image: yC1MHGT.png]@[Kei] , frostic fox claims that this damage to his fafnir's rubber was caused by use against 12

The 12 disc was probably pushing itself into fafnir so it damaged the rubber once fafnir was slow launched. and my 12 cut my skin once. this is a hateable disc to say the least.
(Jun. 11, 2018  1:40 PM)ultra destinus Wrote:

The 12 disc was probably pushing itself into fafnir so it damaged the rubber once fafnir was slow launched. and my 12 cut my skin once. this is a hateable disc to say the least.
Would it affect the spin stealing?
@[Kei] these are some findings by MagikHorse. It seems Hit and Upper may not be good enough for the 12 core disc to be properly covered. Cross seems to almost be in the same boat. The committee may want to do some double-checking and consider adjusting the rulings to disallow these two (or potentially three) in combination with 12.

(Jul. 06, 2018  4:45 AM)MagikHorse Wrote: I've got 'em all, so I'll do a little testing on this pronto.

I've run through every single frame released to-date, and quite frankly Hit and Upper are the only ones that really cross the line. Hit leaves a pair of 12's sharp contacts on either side of Hit's contact which could cause some damage, and Upper's slopes don't protect things from 12 basically at all.

A few like Glaive and Cross leave a tiny amount of metal outside the disk, but in a place where it's unlikely to cause harm. For instance, with Glaive, the metal is only visible in between a pair of bumps that make it incredibly unlikely to be hit (and also a flat surface, since the point is covered).

Overall Upper and Hit are the only 2 bad frames, with Hit leaving 2 sharp points uncovered and Upper offering basically no protection whatsoever with its sloped design. Cross is third worst for the record, but still probably safe as enough is covered and the contacts of Cross itself should reasonably deflect blows away from 12.
It think upper is actually under.
(Jul. 08, 2018  2:42 AM)Battleburst Wrote: It think upper is actually under.

Even I think so
Yeah, must've been a typo there. Can you confirm, @[MagikHorse]?
(Jul. 08, 2018  2:19 PM)Frostic Fox Wrote: Yeah, must've been a typo there. Can you confirm, @[MagikHorse]?

Yeah, that's a typo, given that 12 Upper is impossible since they're two complete disks in and of themselves. Under is indeed the part I'm talking about, as it does absolutely nothing to protect opponents from 12. 12's blades just kind of sit above the Under frame unaffected.
(Jul. 09, 2018  2:21 AM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Jul. 08, 2018  2:19 PM)Frostic Fox Wrote: Yeah, must've been a typo there. Can you confirm, @[MagikHorse]?

Yeah, that's a typo, given that 12 Upper is impossible since they're two complete disks in and of themselves. Under is indeed the part I'm talking about, as it does absolutely nothing to protect opponents from 12. 12's blades just kind of sit above the Under frame unaffected.

They should just ban the 12 disc.
(Jul. 09, 2018  10:02 AM)g2_ Wrote: They should just ban the 12 disc.

Though I see no real reason to have it myself, it's true that there's no harm having it if the hazard of 12 can be prevented. The committee has sided with that stance of avoiding bannings if not absolutely necessary, which is fair.

So they're not going to ban it, but they should update the ruling given the new findings, once they check them for themselves at least.
Adding to Frostic, you won't see it around anyway other than if the person only has this disc or nothing better. Plus, the problem only occurred because Volcanic is taller than most and that time they were chacking how good the stock combos are and Yard is low so eF was hit to the punch and was the first victim of this...
Someone at the beytuber brawl used 12 by itself vs my new archer Hercules I think organizers should tell people to let the person they are about to battle that they are using 12 by itself so no damage is done to beys
(Jul. 09, 2018  9:04 PM)Hyper xeno Wrote: Someone at the beytuber brawl used 12 by itself vs my new archer Hercules I think organizers should tell people to let the person they are about to battle that they are using 12 by itself so no damage is done to beys

Using 12 bare is against the rules. The judge should've caught this during the bey inspection and not allowed it.

@[Kei], since you're already watching this thread, I'm picking you to tag for the committee's attention.

I imagine the committee may want more details, so you probably will want to send someone a PM about the situation.
Thanks for the heads up on that testing by MagikHorse, @[Frostic Fox]. Will look into it when I get a chance ...

And @[Hyper xeno], if you can PM me the details of your battle (particularly the judge) at Beytuber Brawl we can make sure it is communicated to them that they missed the Frame-less 12 user. I'm sorry if any damage was done to your Beyblade!