Bakuten Shoot Beyblade made into Beyblade Burst

The cartoon character on the right of that photo is probably how those man-children are feeling...

That Driger S burst layer transitioned from Plastics to Burst so well in terms of looks, it'll be weird that they're smaller now.
What an exciting release! I love that they're catering to the nostalgia of longtime players and fans of the anime with Beyblade Burst.
The design is very similar, if not the same design, of Tyson from Bakuten Shoot 2002/V-Force. Also, Takao is looking pretty young... Wonder what time shift will happen.

Driger is beautiful, cannot wait for official pictures.
(Jun. 13, 2016  8:20 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Oh yo, my brother tells me that they make sons and daughters resemble their parents very much in anime and manga, so perhaps this is Makoto being pictured and it all makes sense, at least hah. Beyblade Burst would be taking place in 2020 or later but whatever, it is better than that still being Takao.
(Jun. 14, 2016  8:01 PM)Hato Wrote: The design is very similar, if not the same design, of Tyson from Bakuten Shoot 2002/V-Force. Also, Takao is looking pretty young... Wonder what time shift will happen.

Driger is beautiful, cannot wait for official pictures.

It's most likely Makoto, Takao has brown eyes and his eyes never switched colors around between seasons like Kai and Rei. Makoto also has blue eyes in most colored representations that I've seen, whether or not any official art shows it until now.
No, Takao has blue eyes on most if not all manga volume covers. Aoki Takao would never miss a chance to make use of his last name on the character he also named after himself.

We see so many different designs that I think they are simply using stock drawings of Takao though.
I have just had a look on internet using
Aoi Takao
and all the pictures I found of him, he had Brown eyes like Alta said
maybe 1 or 2 he has blue eyes

(Jun. 15, 2016  12:54 PM)Kai-V Wrote: No, Takao has blue eyes on most if not all manga volume covers. Aoki Takao would never miss a chance to make use of his last name on the character he also named after himself.

We see so many different designs that I think they are simply using stock drawings of Takao though.
That would be odd because from a brief look at a few of my Bakuten Shoot Beyblade manga volumes, Takao definitely had blue eyes. You guys looked at images from the manga, not the anime, right? I personally looked at the last three volumes of the manga at least.
I think they are just doing what yu-gi-oh! did with their old cards. Making reprints of past products to allow for interesting combinations. What did i tell you!!?
(Jun. 15, 2016  6:09 PM)KingofDarkness0 Wrote: I think they are just doing what yu-gi-oh! did with their old cards. Making reprints of past products to allow for interesting combinations. What did i tell you!!?

This is not a "reprint"; it's not as simple as simply reproducing an old part. It has to be re-engineered to work with the new system and it works with completely new kinds of parts. This is almost certainly a marketing-based decision, not a game development-based one. We still don't even know if more than Driger S will be made, or if they will be regularly distributed.
This is insane. Can't believe it.

There's no way that these re-releases could really be limited to this degree unless they're also banning them from tournament play. Because if their parts are really good, the few lucky people who got them could dominate.
(Jun. 15, 2016  7:12 PM)Kei Wrote: This is insane. Can't believe it.

There's no way that these re-releases could really be limited to this degree unless they're also banning them from tournament play. Because if their parts are really good, the few lucky people who got them could dominate.
Completely agree with you here Kei. If they don't take just ban them for tournament play then maybe the parts won't be to great, hopefully at least. There was an incident in a TCG I play similar to this where one powerful card was extremely hard to obtain and if you had it you'd have an advantage which is not healthy.
(Jun. 15, 2016  7:12 PM)Kei Wrote: This is insane. Can't believe it.

If I were them then I wouldn't use it so I can keep it in mint condition.
SOOOOOOOO SICK! dragoon s has a new design!!! it's like a hybrid between dragoon v and s Driger s looks the same tho
This Dragoon S layer looks the same as the the attack ring on the original Dragoon S blade. It's supposed to look like the original Dragoon S, not a hybrid of Dragoon S and Dragoon V's attack rings.
Yeah, I think any differences are just due to the fact that it's a somewhat-crude drawing and there's definitely some artistic liberty being taken with its appearance.
(Jun. 15, 2016  9:03 PM)BeyCrafter Wrote: This Dragoon S layer looks the same as the the attack ring on the original Dragoon S blade. It's supposed to look like the original Dragoon S, not a hybrid of Dragoon S and Dragoon V's attack rings.

At 1st glance it looks the same but there are 4 extra spikes, the stickers mirror the shape as well, they zigzag up with the shape unlike the original s attack ring, and no it's not supposed to be a hybrid i did not mean that, it's dragoon s but it looks 'like' a mash up of the v attack ring as it's the only one that looks similar aside from the g version

(Jun. 15, 2016  9:10 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Yeah, I think any differences are just due to the fact that it's a somewhat-crude drawing and there's definitely some artistic liberty being taken with its appearance.

I wouldn't of thought it being kinda crude as a drawing but definitely a slight redesign as the stickers mirror the shape so some thought and purpose is behind the current design. I think it's an attempt at some kind of soft modernization that stays true to the original so that it can be still be recognized as the storm bey at first glance offering something new veterans and something current to new audiences. I call it a soft modernization as the extra spike doesn't protrude enough to affect performance I think. I don't think it is just artistic liberty taken but if it is then it makes no sense especially since it's a giveaway and it's on the front cover.
Guys, I'm 99% sure there are only 100 of the GOLD ones. They're probably going to sell some 4-pack of Burst Driger, Burst Dragoon, Burst Dranzer, And Burst Draciel. My guess is retail at 3000 yen.
I took a side by side of the original Dragoon S and the Dragoon layer. That is not meant to be an extra spike, but the stickers on the layer are zigzagged. Very different from the Reverse Dragon attack ring.
I am quite sure about Takao's blue eyes and, upon translating the page from CoroCoro, the message from Takao Aoki himself is: "Protagonist Takao with his beloved/high-spirit Dragoon make a great explosion in this new opus!!" That settles it.
(Jun. 15, 2016  10:35 PM)Kai-V Wrote: I am quite sure about Takao's blue eyes and, upon translating the page from CoroCoro, the message from Takao Aoki himself is: "Protagonist Takao with his beloved/high-spirit Dragoon make a great explosion in this new opus!!" That settles it.

You were correct about the eye color, I just made a mistake referencing the anime. I was actually just about to check the manga covers myself before posting, but didn't for some reason.

This is going to be strange, considering it is actually Takao, Makoto would have made a lot more sense.
Probably worth noting that this is what TT did with the Transformers reboot. They made all the new toys... Then went back and made all the old toys (1990s) again, to fit the new system. They had documentaries about it and everything (which I've posted before and can't find again now). No surprises, the remakes were a HUGE success at a time when TT was struggling to make new toys earn their money back.

In the documentary I saw about the Transformers remakes, the designiners (incuding Beyblade designer Hisao Nishimoto) explained that the remakes were expensive limited-runs, targeted at older fans. True enough, the remakes did not see a widespread release; but they made their money back anyway because of the basic price point.

Point is, this is an awesome marketing move with tried and true results. I can just imagine they'll be more inclined to capitalise on it this time too. Well done, TT.
But TAKARA-TOMY is also currently remaking the main Beast Wars Transformers with much sleeker designs for triple the original prices. Is this another trend they would follow, of not necessarily remaking to fit the old system, just improving the original design...
(Jun. 15, 2016  9:55 PM)ForZ Wrote: Guys, I'm 99% sure there are only 100 of the GOLD ones. They're probably going to sell some 4-pack of Burst Driger, Burst Dragoon, Burst Dranzer, And Burst Draciel. My guess is retail at 3000 yen.

I doubt they would limit these to 100 only, so I totally agree on that.
They would be losing easy money by making normal releases.
I have no doubt we'll probably see 4 standard boosters for these; but how far will this go?
They could make even more of these burst versions, or even accessories as long as they see it's selling well.
lol I hope someone may sell one internationally or TT produce normal one in massive quantity

spoilt-spoiler (Click to View)