Bakuten Shoot Beyblade Subbed on BeyUK's YouTube Channel

Wanted to ask how it's progressing with the episodes,
are you releasing 1 episode each week now or is there a problem?
Episodes 40-42 are pretty good subbed, keep it up and big thanks!!!
No episode tomorrow. Siliva isn't done with 43 yet, hopefully will be next Friday.
Sorry about all that everyone. School got busy and things start snowballing, you know. I really want everyone to see Bakuten Shoot actually translated in some capacity, so I'll keep trying my hardest so we can get a good chunk of it knocked out.
Yo we appreciate it a lot, even just the few you have done, so we can completely understand if you have some important things in life keeping you busy and we do not hold it against you hah.
As soon as Burst starts, Burst takes priority over Bakuten Shoot, plus you will have closed captions to make the translating easier.
(Feb. 18, 2016  7:03 AM)DranzerX13 Wrote: As soon as Burst starts, Burst takes priority over Bakuten Shoot, plus you will have closed captions to make the translating easier.

Not sure how I feel about this post. Will Bakuten Shoot drop to one episode per week, or will it become a "when we can do it" project?
(Feb. 18, 2016  8:16 AM)Wizard Wrote: Not sure how I feel about this post. Will Bakuten Shoot drop to one episode per week, or will it become a "when we can do it" project?

All I know is my portion of Bakuten Shoot (the last 10 episodes) should be done by the time Burst starts. I'm almost certain that during the last month of the semester I'll most certainly be busy, so I'm not sure how we'll I'll be able to handle doing more than one episode a week.

Once I finish Bakuten Shoot S1 and Burst starts, I'm not sure what exactly the plan'll be for the other two seasons.
Maybe you should stop releasing till you have subbed 3-4 episodes so you can have a proper release schedule without having time trouble or other problems like school, work or illness.
Then you can release 1 episode of Bakuten Shoot and Burst each week without problems.
Each Season has 50-52 Episodes so 1 Season will take a year for releasing,
i hope you can do G-Revolution after the first Season of Bakuten and Burst.
By the Way big thanks for the sketch Siliva!
But we are facing totally new circumstances now with Burst : the anime will be broadcast worldwide just a few months after it airs in Japan, instead of over a year later like in the two previous generations. Plus, Sunrights, essentially d-rights itself, is doing the dub this time, so the script should be as close to the original as we have ever seen.

All in all, I think nobody should even try to sub Beyblade Burst considering that the dub will be extremely loyal and that it will come rather shortly after the Japanese air date.
I just called Sunrights this morning on the phone. I asked the gal that answered the phone if the anime will be airing a few months after Japanese air date, and she said yes. I asked her about simulcasting, and she was unsure what I meant, so I explained it to her. She told me they already have a set contract in place and they can't make any arrangements with any other company at this time. She didn't say no or yes about the simulcasting, but she did say they're unsure at this time. I also asked if they'e going to stream the English dub and or put in on Cartoon Network, and again she said they're unsure at this time.
Cool, so that sounds like it will indeed be aired in English just a few months after April, and that they are also planning a simulcast somewhere or something. More reasons not to sub it hah.
Kai-V, I want you to call their number tomorrow afternoon yourself and ask the same questions I asked. So that way you could put in detail what was said in case I misheard something.
Since I don't think anyone's posted it yet, episode 43 is up!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3myD2h4x09s

Not that it's any different than usual but I had a lot of fun translating this one. I think the highlight was Volkov's speech at the beginning of the exhibition match. I don't remember what the English dub was like for that particular scene, but it was especially chilling in Japanese (with the OST to match), knowing what was going on behind the scenes, ha.

I also forgot to mention that visually, Kai's fights in 42 are some of my favorite scenes in the entire show. Beyblade isn't really an anime that looks great too often, but the animators they got on board for those scenes really know what they were doing.

Also, I went ahead and added a donate button to my signature, just in case anyone would like to. Any amount helps, and ensures that I can be as consistent as possible in these releases.
There might not be a release today. 45 is already done, but Siliva has yet to send me the script for it.
UGH I haven't had time to watch any of this yet! Thanks so much for your hard work! Looking forward to settling in my new place and watching a bunch back-to-back. :')
Doesn't matter if it comes a few days later, as long as it's so good like the other episodes!
I just don't get it why there are so few views on youtube?
Yeah, sorry about that everyone, I had another busy week. I've been free the past couple of days, so I bumrushed 45-47. They're all done and handed over to DranzerX13. Look forward to them, I had a lot of fun translating them and learned a few details about the story not present in the dub.

(Mar. 05, 2016  11:28 AM)Kai GRevolution Wrote: Doesn't matter if it comes a few days later, as long as it's so good like the other episodes!
I just don't get it why there are so few views on youtube?

I actually have no idea. I don't think anyone outside the WBO actually knows that this project exists. I was thinking about letting other communities know but I've been putting it off, lol.

(Mar. 04, 2016  5:20 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: UGH I haven't had time to watch any of this yet! Thanks so much for your hard work! Looking forward to settling in my new place and watching a bunch back-to-back. :')

Good luck settling into your new place. I for one look forward to marathoning the whole arc when I'm done translating it. I guess that sounds kind of silly given how many times I watch the episodes during the translation, but it'll feel really satisfying to have it all done. Just 4 more episodes to go!
Man, episode 46 in particular is daylight compared to the dub's nighttime. It has so many nuances and scenes that are entirely missing from the dub.
Absolutely. Being one heavy on exposition, as I was translating I assumed the dub just completely trashed on that. One of my favorite parts of the episode is when Volkov approaches Takao's father about the possibility of making artificial Sacred Beasts. He then adds that it's just a rhetorical question, and then it goes silent for a bit.

In the dub, Boris throws all that subtlety out the window and goes HEY MAN WE'RE MAKING OUR OWN BIT BEASTS WITH SCIENCE AND STUFF. I mean in either language Borg's evil plans have the subtlety and nuance of a brick to the face, but it's little things like in the Japanese version that really add to their threat.
Bakuten Shoot Beyblade 45-47 is up. Enjoy!
Yes, some information is mostly similar, but even in terms of wording, both scripts give off completely different implications sometimes for things that may seem minor but aren't:

(Script from memory)
Original:
Quote:Takao: OK, I get all that, but that doesn't tell me why Volkov said Kai used to be a member of Borg. Who placed you there?
Kai: Souichirou Hiwatari. He is my grandfather.

Dub:
Quote:Takao: OK, I get all that, but that doesn't tell me how Kai's involved in all of this (BIOVOLT).
Kai: Voltaire, he's my grandfather.

So, in one case, you know exactly that it was Kai's grandfather who placed him in Volki Monastery and that he is involved financially, and in the dub, you never really get the answer of how he ended up in the Abbey, you just know that he is linked because his grandfather is involved with BIOVOLT. It could have been a whole other family member signing him up there, someone else entirely but Voltaire being fine with it, etc.
It's also interesting that the dub kind of combines Borg and Hiwatari Enterprises into BIOVOLT casually.
Totally hahah. It is also a relatively big part in the manga, and that was left intact in translations as far as I can remember, so weird.

Oh, and how Boris is just suspicious for the local police whereas in the original version, INTERPOL is litterally on a hunt for him hah.
I gotta commend you for your incredible job subbing the japanese version. Kudos!!
Thank you Siliva, bluesun, and DranzerX13 for all of your hard work! I've been waiting for years for a proper sub for Bakuten Shoot.