Bakuten Shoot Beyblade: Rising (Manga)

Thanks Kai-V for the translations and the address! Smile
Thank you, Kai-V. I'll make sure to do the same, as i'm even happy to see that Rising is around.
Enjoyed the chapter. Hilarious that the chapter even says the "cold Kai has returned." Even funnier was the characters' reactions. Tak, Kyouju, and Max thinking he really is being a good sport. But Rei's face made me think he doesn't really believe it.
Overall Beyblade Rising is a good revival of the original trilogy (not plastic gen. You guys really need to stop calling it that because the beyblades in the original were made out of metal allot not plastic. Only the toys are plastic.) and is a better 4th season than Beyblade The Next Generation. The only problem with it is that it seems like a reboot rather than a fourth season because it seems like they totally forgot they had HMS beyblades in the last season/manga. Also: for characters returning like Tala(Yuri) and Daichi for some dumb reason they used their first beyblades (Wolborg 1 and Gaia/Strata Dragoon S) which made no sense because in the G-Revolution manga Tala had Wolborg MS and Daichi had Gaia/Strata Dragoon MS. It's like they're trying to forget the other 3 seasons didn't happen, but overall Beyblade Rising is good and it deserves to be called a fourth season of the original beyblade. So I give this manga/season a 8.5/10. One more thing, whoever translated this into English made some mistakes like the spelling of some words and in the first chapter to the latest chapter (except for chapter three) used the dumb carp term "Bey/Beys" instead of "Blade/Blades". You guys in this community need to stop saying that idiotic term because it just makes you a weeab.
(Apr. 02, 2018  11:52 PM)bluewolf100 Wrote: Overall Beyblade Rising is a good revival of the original trilogy (not plastic gen. You guys really need to stop calling it that because the beyblades in the original were made out of metal allot not plastic. Only the toys are plastic.) and is a better 4th season than Beyblade The Next Generation. The only problem with it is that it seems like a reboot rather than a fourth season because it seems like they totally forgot they had HMS beyblades in the last season/manga. Also: for characters returning like Tala(Yuri) and Daichi for some dumb reason they used their first beyblades (Wolborg 1 and Gaia/Strata Dragoon S) which made no sense because in the G-Revolution manga Tala had Wolborg MS and Daichi had Gaia/Strata Dragoon MS. It's like they're trying to forget the other 3 seasons didn't happen, but overall Beyblade Rising is good and it deserves to be called a fourth season of the original beyblade. So I give this manga/season a 8.5/10. One more thing, whoever translated this into English made some mistakes like the spelling of some words and in the first chapter to the latest chapter (except for chapter three) used the dumb carp term "Bey/Beys" instead of "Blade/Blades". You guys in this community need to stop saying that idiotic term because it just makes you a weeab.

So we should call it "Metal Alloy Gen" haha?

Also, the use of the term "Bey" outweighs the term "Blade", even in all beyblade dubs.
(Apr. 02, 2018  11:52 PM)bluewolf100 Wrote: Overall Beyblade Rising is a good revival of the original trilogy (not plastic gen. You guys really need to stop calling it that because the beyblades in the original were made out of metal allot not plastic. Only the toys are plastic.) and is a better 4th season than Beyblade The Next Generation. The only problem with it is that it seems like a reboot rather than a fourth season because it seems like they totally forgot they had HMS beyblades in the last season/manga. Also: for characters returning like Tala(Yuri) and Daichi for some dumb reason they used their first beyblades (Wolborg 1 and Gaia/Strata Dragoon S) which made no sense because in the G-Revolution manga Tala had Wolborg MS and Daichi had Gaia/Strata Dragoon MS. It's like they're trying to forget the other 3 seasons didn't happen, but overall Beyblade Rising is good and it deserves to be called a fourth season of the original beyblade. So I give this manga/season a 8.5/10. One more thing, whoever translated this into English made some mistakes like the spelling of some words and in the first chapter to the latest chapter (except for chapter three) used the dumb carp term "Bey/Beys" instead of "Blade/Blades". You guys in this community need to stop saying that idiotic term because it just makes you a weeab.

What's idiotic is that you're making a big deal about something so small as the term Blades instead of Beys. Both are Beyblade terms and are interchangeable.

I agree, Bladeblade Rising felt more like a reboot since there were some retcons but I suppose it is for the sake of advertising Burst ver of Bakuten stuff. I'm glad that the Bladebattles were still as epic as ever tho :D

The plastic gen is so good.
(Apr. 02, 2018  11:58 PM)Jinbee Wrote:

So we should call it "Metal Alloy Gen" haha?

Also, the use of the term "Bey" outweighs the term "Blade", even in all beyblade dubs.

smh, are you dumb? It's called the original trilogy and is that supposed to be funny? How does the term "bey" overweight "blade"? Here let me explain to you because you don't understand why it's sounds dumb. Before all of you comment hear me out on why I think they should’ve just stuck to saying blade/blades or just saying beyblades. First of all when the original season came out in Japan back in 2000 not 2001, they said beigoma or bei (but it was spelt “b.e.i” and was not the short term of the word beyblade) When it came here to North America in 2002 Nelvana or Hasbro whoever did it changed it to blade/blades to be a western or North American version/translation of beigoma or bei as in b.e.i. They say blade like an actual blade. Because blades are used to attack or destroy things. And that’s why they made the short term blade, also because it’s in the word beyblade and for bonus points, it just sounds cool. Now when Metal Fusion came along, the whole entire series was trying to be like an entire translated version of the Japanese version. Similar to what Power Rangers Samurai did. They did everything note for note and basically just translated the whole entire Japanese script, which let me tell you, it sounds like nonsense most of the time in English. You don’t have to copy everything off the Japanese version. That’s why we wanted to bring anime to North America in the first place, is not only to dub in English, but to make it a little bit of our own. What’s Japan’s is Japan’s. Don’t try to take everything they made. I mean yeah, the original would only sometimes have translated dialogue, but not all the time. They even changed the names of some of the characters from Japanese to English names which sometimes pisses people off when dubs do that aka weeabs, but it doesn’t make a huge deal and the English names are easier to remember for kids and besides they still suit the characters. 

(Apr. 03, 2018  12:03 AM)LOL-y Rancher Wrote:

I agree, Bladeblade Rising felt more like a reboot since there were some retcons but I suppose it is for the sake of advertising Burst ver of Bakuten stuff. I'm glad that the Bladebattles were still as epic as ever tho :D

Beyblade** dude, It's called the original trilogy.

(Apr. 03, 2018  12:02 AM)BeyCrafter Wrote:
(Apr. 02, 2018  11:52 PM)bluewolf100 Wrote: Overall Beyblade Rising is a good revival of the original trilogy (not plastic gen. You guys really need to stop calling it that because the beyblades in the original were made out of metal allot not plastic. Only the toys are plastic.) and is a better 4th season than Beyblade The Next Generation. The only problem with it is that it seems like a reboot rather than a fourth season because it seems like they totally forgot they had HMS beyblades in the last season/manga. Also: for characters returning like Tala(Yuri) and Daichi for some dumb reason they used their first beyblades (Wolborg 1 and Gaia/Strata Dragoon S) which made no sense because in the G-Revolution manga Tala had Wolborg MS and Daichi had Gaia/Strata Dragoon MS. It's like they're trying to forget the other 3 seasons didn't happen, but overall Beyblade Rising is good and it deserves to be called a fourth season of the original beyblade. So I give this manga/season a 8.5/10. One more thing, whoever translated this into English made some mistakes like the spelling of some words and in the first chapter to the latest chapter (except for chapter three) used the dumb carp term "Bey/Beys" instead of "Blade/Blades". You guys in this community need to stop saying that idiotic term because it just makes you a weeab.

What's idiotic is that you're making a big deal about something so small as the term Blades instead of Beys. Both are Beyblade terms and are interchangeable.

smh, weeabs how is saying blades over beys idiotic? It is a big deal because it's so overexposed within the beyblade community and it gets so redundant.

(Apr. 03, 2018  12:03 AM)LOL-y Rancher Wrote: I agree, Bladeblade Rising felt more like a reboot since there were some retcons but I suppose it is for the sake of advertising Burst ver of Bakuten stuff. I'm glad that the Bladebattles were still as epic as ever tho :D

Beyblade** dude, It's called the original trilogy.

@[bluewolf100] Obviously I was joking, but I'm going by your logic here jokingly.

And the reason the term "Bey" outweighs "Blade" is because it is the more commonly used term, as it is used in both Metal Season and Burst Season, and just because the Original Dub was the original and came out first means nothing, you can't just disregard the term as false just because you don't like it. You want to call them "Blades"? That's fine, but you need to accept that most prefer to use "Bey" as a term, after all, Beys mean "Top", as in a spinning top. And lets not forget that Burst beys in the show mostly don't cut through things like a blade so calling it "Blade" by your logic makes absolutely no sense.

If you like the classic dub, fine, I do to an extent too, but don't people watch anime dubs for an English translation of the original Japanese script? Why is that a problem? I mean, the Dragon ball Z Big Green dub was altering the script, but does that make it any good though? No it doesn't.

Also, while I agree that English dub names and changes can get too much hate, mainly minor stuff like names, aren't you the one who is making a big deal out of people using the term "Bey" and then proceed to name call them for it? Honestly, does it really matter what people call, whether it's "Bey" or "Blade"? You really need to move on and realize that not everyone has your childhood, and the world does not revolve around you and your nostalgia.
(Apr. 03, 2018  12:14 AM)bluewolf100 Wrote:
(Apr. 02, 2018  11:58 PM)Jinbee Wrote: So we should call it "Metal Alloy Gen" haha?

smh, are you dumb? It's called the original trilogy and is that supposed to be funny? How does the term "bey" overweight "blade"? Here let me explain to you because you don't understand why it's sounds dumb. Before all of you comment hear me out on why I think they should’ve just stuck to saying blade/blades or just saying beyblades. First of all when the original season came out in Japan back in 2000, they said beigoma or bei (but it was spelt “b.e.i” and was not the short term of the word beyblade) When it came here to North America in 2002 Nelvana or Hasbro whoever did it changed it to blade/blades to be a western or North American version/translation of beigoma or bei as in b.e.i. They say blade like an actual blade. Because blades are used to attack or destroy things. And that’s why they made the short term blade, also because it’s in the word beyblade and for bonus points, it just sounds cool. Now when Metal Fusion came along, the whole entire series was trying to be like an entire translated version of the Japanese version. Similar to what Power Rangers Samurai did. They did everything note for note and basically just translated the whole entire Japanese script, which let me tell you, it sounds like nonsense most of the time in English. You don’t have to copy everything off the Japanese version. That’s why we wanted to bring anime to North America in the first place, is not only to dub in English, but to make it a little bit of our own. What’s Japan’s is Japan’s. Don’t try to take everything they made. I mean yeah, the original would only sometimes have translated dialogue, but not all the time. They even changed the names of some of the characters from Japanese to English names which sometimes pisses people off when dubs do that aka weeabs, but it doesn’t make a huge deal and the English names are easier to remember for kids and besides they still suit the characters.

It's just personal preference for most people kiddo. Some people might not have grown up with the Bakuten Shoot Beyblade franchise or even watched it before so they may not be aware that in the dub, they used to use the term "blade". Now I love the Bakuten series (except V-Force, that was garbage) but not everyone does so they may not adapt to what term was used back then.

I really don't see the problem with the term "bey". You've made it clear many, many times that you hate the term because it's "for weebs" and even compared it to how Power Rangers Samurai copied Shinkenger. The difference is that PR is an adaptation whilst the Beyblade series were dubbed, big difference. Of course, adding changes isn't a big deal but they'd really only change things in the Beyblade dubs nowadays if it sounds inappropriate or some other reason because otherwise the changes aren't that necessary IMO. Changing things in the dub for the sake of it is a bit pointless. I personally don't mind dub changes (mostly) but doing it just because... reasons is a little redundant.

If you like the Bakuten dub and don't like the term "bey", that's fine but don't enforce your views on others just because you don't like it.

Anyways, we're getting off topic here.
(Apr. 03, 2018  12:27 AM)Jinbee Wrote: @[bluewolf100] Obviously I was joking, but I'm going by your logic here jokingly.

And the reason the term "Bey" outweighs "Blade" is because it is the more commonly used term, as it is used in both Metal Season and Burst Season, and just because the Original Dub was the original and came out first means nothing, you can't just disregard the term as false just because you don't like it. You want to call them "Blades"? That's fine, but you need to accept that most prefer to use "Bey" as a term, after all, Beys mean "Top", as in a spinning top. And lets not forget that Burst beys in the show mostly don't cut through things like a blade so calling it "Blade" by your logic makes absolutely no sense.

If you like the classic dub, fine, I do to an extent too, but don't people watch anime dubs for an English translation of the original Japanese script? Why is that a problem? I mean, the Dragon ball Z Big Green dub was altering the script, but does that make it any good though? No it doesn't.

Also, while I agree that English dub names and changes can get too much hate, mainly minor stuff like names, aren't you the one who is making a big deal out of people using the term "Bey" and then proceed to name call them for it? Honestly, does it really matter what people call, whether it's "Bey" or "Blade"? You really need to move on and realize that not everyone has your childhood, and the world does not revolve around you and your nostalgia.

oh don't even use the word "nostalgia" because you probably don't know the meaning of it and just because I prefer the word blade/blades doesn't mean it's for "nostalgia" smh. The majority of people who uses the term "Bey/Beys" (minus the Japanese) are kids/preteens, dumb asses like you and of course weeabs like you. Also: the original trilogy sounds better than "plastic gen" because it's the first series so you have to call it the original trilogy. You don't call the original Star Wars movies "The Mark Hamill or the Skywalker trilogy" or the Lord of the Rings trilogy the "Gollum Trilogy". The word "beys" doesn't mean spinning top?! Where the hell did you learn that?! The Beyblade community that's here?! Not every anime is an English translation of the Japanese script dude. That's why I said earlier it sounds like nonsence most of the time in English if you just translate it from the Japanese version. I think you need to RE-READ my previous comment to you because you probably misread it.
Are we really arguing over this? It's not even worth arguing over. Whether it's calling it a Bey or a Blade, calling it the "Plastic Gen" or "Bakuten" or whatever; it's all interchangeable here, and all terms are legitimate. There's literally nothing to argue about here, and everything is correct.

Let's move on here. Less insulting and arguing, more actual discussion about the topic at hand please.

EDIT: And apparently there were more posts before I could get this in. Let's throw some warnings out as well as this is becoming malicious.
(Apr. 03, 2018  12:40 AM)bluewolf100 Wrote:
(Apr. 03, 2018  12:27 AM)Jinbee Wrote:

Way to generalise people for using a term you don't like. Yeah, not every anime script will be word for word but it gets the general idea, something the Plastic Gen didn't do all the time. No I read your comment just fine, and it sounds exactly like every single video you've ever made on Youtube.

Honestly, you need to accept that people have their own personal preferences that are no better or worse than yours, you need to STOP ranting over a million times over something SO MINUTE, because quite frankly, I'm tired of it. You need to grow up and move on from this, because it's so minute it's not worth making such a fuss about over a million times.

EDIT: Didn't see Mana's warning, so it's best we stop here.
Hahah I do not want to add wood to the dying fire, but since I translated the last two (or three?) chapters, if you have a problem with me translating ベイ as bey, send me a private message and I will teach you Japanese. Bakuten Shoot Beyblade has suffered from so much censorship, so if I can save you guys from this injustice this time around, it will be my pleasure. A raw material cooked just enough for you to understand its essence, nothing more. There is no Tyson, Let It Rip, DJ Jazzman, Drigger, etc. with me.

So, who all has sent a letter to Aoki Takao so far? What did you write to him? I am debating myself hah.
(Apr. 03, 2018  2:23 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Hahah I do not want to add wood to the dying fire, but since I translated the last two (or three?) chapters, if you have a problem with me translating ベイ as bey, send me a private message and I will teach you Japanese. Bakuten Shoot Beyblade has suffered from so much censorship, so if I can save you guys from this injustice this time around, it will be my pleasure. A raw material cooked just enough for you to understand its essence, nothing more. There is no Tyson, Let It Rip, DJ Jazzman, Drigger, etc. with me.

So, who all has sent a letter to Aoki Takao so far? What did you write to him? I am debating myself hah.

Thank U very much kai-V for giving the address of Aoki sensei..Personally speaking I wanted to ask Aoki sensei something but the international mails and the stamps r too costly here...So sadly couldnt ask.
Is there a particular reason why Aoki sensei doesnt use any social nerworking sites?? I mean Takafumi Adachi sensei uses tumblr...
Tried to find aoki sensei in social networking sites to ask some questions...But couldnt find him...
(Apr. 03, 2018  2:23 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Hahah I do not want to add wood to the dying fire, but since I translated the last two (or three?) chapters, if you have a problem with me translating ベイ as bey, send me a private message and I will teach you Japanese. Bakuten Shoot Beyblade has suffered from so much censorship, so if I can save you guys from this injustice this time around, it will be my pleasure. A raw material cooked just enough for you to understand its essence, nothing more. There is no Tyson, Let It Rip, DJ Jazzman, Drigger, etc. with me.

Indeed Beyblade has suffered tons of censorship :Unhappy
But if you try reading the Japanese manga it's impossible to find to practice some Japanese, thankfully the animated series is raw on YouTube Grin
Wow, thanks Kai-V for the chapter...
Great to read. I almost died seeing our old Kai backJoyful_3
(Apr. 03, 2018  2:23 AM)Kai-V Wrote: So, who all has sent a letter to Aoki Takao so far? What did you write to him? I am debating myself hah.

I'm thinking about sending a letter tomorrow. I'll write:
"Hello Aoki sensei!
Kai is my favourite! What is Kai's best subjects in school and what music does he listen to? ^u^
Kind regards
ENCB"
Or something lol
(Apr. 03, 2018  2:23 AM)Kai-V Wrote: So, who all has sent a letter to Aoki Takao so far? What did you write to him? I am debating myself hah.
Hi Kai-V! I will surely be writing to him over this weekend.. 
Well, I am just gonna thank him for continuing the plastic generation and actually creating Beyblade, maybe tell him about how beyblading tradition has changed over the years and ask him if rising had any chances of coming out as an Anime...

(Apr. 03, 2018  3:16 AM)Eleanor Wrote: Is there a particular reason why Aoki sensei doesnt use any social nerworking sites?? I mean Takafumi Adachi sensei uses tumblr...
Tried to find aoki sensei in social networking sites to ask some questions...But couldnt find him...
 It is curious, isn't it? I have been wondering about it to for a while now, the only reason I come up with is maybe he knows if he hits social media, the Original generation fans will start to bombard him with questions about the Original generation returning.
But that's just an idea..
Takao aoki updated his page....Although it seems that he used one of his old banners...

http://sakura2factory.web.fc2.com
(Apr. 03, 2018  4:55 PM)Suhasini Wrote:
Hi Kai-V! I will surely be writing to him over this weekend.. 
Well, I am just gonna thank him for continuing the plastic generation and actually creating Beyblade, maybe tell him about how beyblading tradition has changed over the years and ask him if rising had any chances of coming out as an Anime...

Ah, just a note before it is too late though: Aoki Takao did not create Beyblade. Osamu Mashimo of TAKARA-TOMY did. Aoki Takao was simply commissioned to create a manga to promote the toyline. An iconic one, for sure, but still not at the ORIGIN of Beyblade. 

I think people are too used to discovering anime that is simply an adaptation of a maybe lesser known mangaka's work, and they assume that is how everything started hahah.
(Apr. 06, 2018  10:32 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Apr. 03, 2018  4:55 PM)Suhasini Wrote: Hi Kai-V! I will surely be writing to him over this weekend.. 

Ah, just a note before it is too late though: Aoki Takao did not create Beyblade. Osamu Mashimo of TAKARA-TOMY did. Aoki Takao was simply commissioned to create a manga to promote the toyline. An iconic one, for sure, but still not at the ORIGIN of Beyblade. 

I think people are too used to discovering anime that is simply an adaptation of a maybe lesser known mangaka's work, and they assume that is how everything started hahah.
Ohkay.. Thanks for correcting me Kai-V! I will change it to thanking him for writing/making such an iconic manga for this toyline.. Hope this is better!
(Mar. 20, 2018  10:38 AM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote: Well, I want to see the chapter
7 of the manga, And It had been a very long time since the translation of Chapter 6.

(Apr. 06, 2018  10:32 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Apr. 03, 2018  4:55 PM)Suhasini Wrote: Hi Kai-V! I will surely be writing to him over this weekend.. 

Hmm, I think you could still call him the creator of beyblade though but I guess it depends on how many instructions he were given from Takara-Tomy in terms of what they wanted, I'm sure they were probably many so perhaps we should say both Osamu Mashimo & Takao Aoki both created beyblade. Since it's all a question of how much of the manga's characters and concept were aoki's own and how much were requested and he just put meat on the original idea's.
(Apr. 08, 2018  12:39 PM)Breedo Wrote:
(Mar. 20, 2018  10:38 AM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote: Well, I want to see the chapter
7 of the manga, And It had been a very long time since the translation of Chapter 6.

(Apr. 06, 2018  10:32 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Ah, just a note before it is too late though: Aoki Takao did not create Beyblade. Osamu Mashimo of TAKARA-TOMY did. Aoki Takao was simply commissioned to create a manga to promote the toyline. An iconic one, for sure, but still not at the ORIGIN of Beyblade. 

Hmm, I think you could still call him the creator of beyblade though but I guess it depends on how many instructions he were given from Takara-Tomy in terms of what they wanted, I'm sure they were probably many so perhaps we should say both Osamu Mashimo & Takao Aoki both created beyblade. Since it's all a question of how much of the manga's characters and concept were aoki's own and how much were requested and he just put meat on the original idea's.

He is the creator of the characters and the manga's story (for which the anime's was very much different, as you know), so no, you cannot say that he created Beyblade when all he did was create the manga, not even the toyline (which is the base of it all - no "Beyblade" without the toys) nor the majority of the anime.