Bakuten Shoot Beyblade: Rising (Manga)

(Jun. 12, 2017  6:57 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Jun. 12, 2017  5:52 PM)HellenaMaezono Wrote: In GRev they're 12. So 13 years old.

Kai is thirteen years old in G Revolution, so I was basing my answer on that. 

But cool, HellenaMaezono and I agree and are right for once Joyful_3!

http://beyblade.wikia.com/wiki/Tyson_Granger

Check this link
 Here Tyson's age clearly mentioned with different series.

And now no more debate with this topic.. Tongue_out_wink
(Jun. 12, 2017  7:19 PM)Lola Wrote:
(Jun. 12, 2017  6:57 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Kai is thirteen years old in G Revolution, so I was basing my answer on that. 

But cool, HellenaMaezono and I agree and are right for once Joyful_3!

http://beyblade.wikia.com/wiki/Tyson_Granger

Check this link
 Here Tyson's age clearly mentioned with different series.

And now no more debate with this topic.. Tongue_out_wink

Those are the dub ages. It is not debatable, I have been part of the Beyblade anime fanbase for over a decade and I know what that series of numbers is... 

By the way, knowing the real ages is what makes the whole situation of Kai being forced to work at his grandfather's company outrageous, guys. If he was an adult, there is no damn issue about it hahah.
(Jun. 12, 2017  7:17 PM)Kai-V Wrote: By the way, I have sort of abandoned the idea of changing the ages on Beyblade Wikia because everybody there is really dub-oriented, and we cannot ignore the fact that the ages are different in the dub. Everytime I changed the ages to the "right ones" from the original and the manga, someone undoubtedly came and reverted to the previous ages... It would be great if both sets of data could be displayed though, because it is just misleading to have everyone believe that the characters are basically adults now, in Rising...

Agreed. Will send the scans and sheets as soon as I manage to get them.
Though when it comes to publishing, what is considered canon usually comes from source material, in this case Japanese manga/anime. Adaptations are not considered canon, in a professional setting. The US adaptation only specifies Takao's age, doesn't it?
(Jun. 12, 2017  7:17 PM)Kai-V Wrote: By the way, I have sort of abandoned the idea of changing the ages on Beyblade Wikia because everybody there is really dub-oriented, and we cannot ignore the fact that the ages are different in the dub. Everytime I changed the ages to the "right ones" from the original and the manga, someone undoubtedly came and reverted to the previous ages... It would be great if both sets of data could be displayed though, because it is just misleading to have everyone believe that the characters are basically adults now, in Rising...

Maybe this is just a little bit off-topic but...at this point the community deserve a more organized wiki like it was before. I've never used wikia as a platform but I think that it might have some functions like review before changes.
This is not some sort of nomination, but if a reviewer is needed consider me, and many other guys interested, in.
We need to think as a community and make it usable for every kind of user and ethnicity.
Would be a cool discussion topic to submit to ~Mana~ to improve the wiki to the very best.

I think that people like HellenaMaezono and many other will help if needed. Am I right?
(Jun. 12, 2017  7:22 PM)C a o S³ Wrote: We need to think as a community and make it usable for every kind of user and ethnicity.
Would be a cool discussion topic to submit to ~Mana~ to improve the wiki to the very best.

I think that people like HellenaMaezono and many other will help if needed.
Count me in for whatever you need about source material. If you also need any scans from the Japanese manga, I'm up to help.
Hmmm......therefore according to everyone in the very young age kai is uptaking the responsibility of Howatari enterprize......like OMG.... I would not have been so surprised if kai was 26 or 27 years of age.....well at least it that age being the CEO of his company.....so if kai us that young how is it possible for him to be the CEO at that very 13 years age.........????
(Jun. 12, 2017  7:26 PM)HellenaMaezono Wrote:
(Jun. 12, 2017  7:22 PM)C a o S³ Wrote: We need to think as a community and make it usable for every kind of user and ethnicity.

I think that people like HellenaMaezono and many other will help if needed.
Count me in for whatever you need about source material. If you also need any scans from the Japanese manga, I'm up to help.

That's the spirit. I hope that the wiki could be finally improved about this kind of infos.
Looks like the original manga has hope after all!
(Jun. 12, 2017  8:04 PM)burapikun Wrote: Looks like the original manga has hope after all!

Yup exactly......
Taka's age in the anime is shown in 2002 on Kyouju's laptop where it shows Taka's profile. He's 11 in 2002/V-Force.
(Jun. 12, 2017  8:23 PM)DranzerX13 Wrote: Taka's age in the anime is shown in 2002 on Kyouju's laptop where it shows Taka's profile. He's 11 in 2002/V-Force.

Wasn't there also a proof of him being ten from the first season/first part of the manga?
Tak's seiyuu fits the character way better than his Eng VA, TBH.
(Jun. 12, 2017  7:22 PM)C a o S³ Wrote:

Maybe this is just a little bit off-topic but...at this point the community deserve a more organized wiki like it was before. I've never used wikia as a platform but I think that it might have some functions like review before changes.
This is not some sort of nomination, but if a reviewer is needed consider me, and many other guys interested, in.
We need to think as a community and make it usable for every kind of user and ethnicity.

I think that people like HellenaMaezono and many other will help if needed. Am I right?

Not sure if you know this but (since you keep bringing up the wiki and how it doesn't have Takao's actual Japanese age) I thought that I'd point out that it does and it has for quite sometime. It's down in the trivia about the character, stating his ages from s1 - s3. If I remember correctly it has the same age thing for Kai.

But on the topic of Rising, I really like the new pictures. (:
(Jun. 12, 2017  10:18 PM)Assault Wrote: Not sure if you know this but (since you keep bringing up the wiki and how it doesn't have Takao's actual Japanese age) I thought that I'd point out that it does and it has for quite sometime. It's down in the trivia about the character, stating his ages from s1 - s3. If I remember correctly it has the same age thing for Kai.

Since even C a o S³ and everybody else who posted about the ages in the last couple of pages clearly did not pay any attention to the Trivia section, I think that means that a lot of readers of the Beyblade Wikia are also bound to be overlooking that section, sometimes for good reasons since the 'tidbits' added there are sometimes very irrelevant. So yes, if we want to abide by our responsibility to educate people, then that information needs to be moved to a much more prominent section of those articles hah.
Where will new chapters of the old BSB manga be posted? On a new thread or existing thread?
(Jun. 13, 2017  1:08 AM)burapikun Wrote: Where will new chapters of the old BSB manga be posted? On a new thread or existing thread?

New chapters of Rising, or what? Technically there will be no new chapters of the "old manga", so I do not know what you are refering to.
(Jun. 13, 2017  1:10 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Jun. 13, 2017  1:08 AM)burapikun Wrote: Where will new chapters of the old BSB manga be posted? On a new thread or existing thread?

New chapters of Rising, or what? Technically there will be no new chapters of the "old manga", so I do not know what you are refering to.

Sorry for not making myself clear. I mean that whenever translation for a chapter of the BSB manga (original) is complete, will it be posted on a new thread or an existing thread?
(Jun. 13, 2017  1:52 AM)burapikun Wrote:
(Jun. 13, 2017  1:10 AM)Kai-V Wrote: New chapters of Rising, or what? Technically there will be no new chapters of the "old manga", so I do not know what you are refering to.

Sorry for not making myself clear. I mean that whenever translation for a chapter of the BSB manga (original) is complete, will it be posted on a new thread or an existing thread?

It would probably deserve its own thread.
(Jun. 13, 2017  12:01 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Jun. 12, 2017  10:18 PM)Assault Wrote: Not sure if you know this but (since you keep bringing up the wiki and how it doesn't have Takao's actual Japanese age) I thought that I'd point out that it does and it has for quite sometime. It's down in the trivia about the character, stating his ages from s1 - s3. If I remember correctly it has the same age thing for Kai.

Since even C a o S³ and everybody else who posted about the ages in the last couple of pages clearly did not pay any attention to the Trivia section, I think that means that a lot of readers of the Beyblade Wikia are also bound to be overlooking that section, sometimes for good reasons since the 'tidbits' added there are sometimes very irrelevant. So yes, if we want to abide by our responsibility to educate people, then that information needs to be moved to a much more prominent section of those articles hah.

Can't it be added to the top. Instead of removing one age or the other, just have both? 

15 (ENG)

I know other wikis for different fandoms do this. It can help erase the confusion when one person considers Takao 13, and the other 15. Well, I guess 14/16 now.
(Jun. 13, 2017  3:10 AM)Assault Wrote: Can't it be added to the top. Instead of removing one age or the other, just have both? 

15 (ENG)

I know other wikis for different fandoms do this. It can help erase the confusion when one person considers Takao 13, and the other 15. Well, I guess 14/16 now.

That makes sense, but I do not know if I have the executive/legislative powers to just declare that this is how it will be done. You can certainly try doing those edits and cross your fingers that nobody will undo them hah.
Well.....if anyone doesn't mind I will ask everyone something......a few days back my mother was talking about greek mythology....she told me that there are 5 elements in the universe....fire wind water and lightning and each and every element has got a representative.....specially fire and wind.....they got seiryuu and a phoenix....I dont know its name.....so I was thnking....did Takao Aoki related the whole sacred bit beasts with the greek mythology???

Because in metal fury we see many astronomical references from yuki....they r indeed all correct....So was just thinking about this whole sacred bit beasts part........if anyone knows....plse do answer
(Jun. 13, 2017  4:10 AM)Eleanor Wrote: Well.....if anyone doesn't mind I will ask everyone something......a few days back my mother was talking about greek mythology....she told me that there are 5 elements in the universe....fire wind water and lightning and each and every element has got a representative.....specially fire and wind.....they got seiryuu and a phoenix....I  dont know its name.....so I was thnking....did Takao Aoki related the whole sacred bit beasts with the greek mythology???

Because in metal fury we see many astronomical references from yuki....they r indeed all correct....So was just thinking about this whole sacred bit beasts part........if anyone knows....plse do answer

That should probably have been asked in the Beyblade Anime and Manga Questions topic, but actually suzaku, genbu, etc. are based on Asian mythology, officially: "the red phoenix of the south" and things like that. However, for sure mythologies of the world blend together in many ways, so it can relate to almost all mythologies hah.
Wow......and it has become another reason to increase my love for beyblade even more....
I can't remember, but somewhere in season 1 it shows Takao's age.
Friendly reminder that BSB 2002 and BSB G-Revolution take place in the same year. The boys only get older by one year throughout the three seasons.
Which means, if Takao is 11yo in JPN S1, he will be 12 in S2 and S3. If he is 13 in US S1, he will be 14 in S2 and S3.

Proof:

[Image: 66feb77b8f09e762605b1aaebb943851.png]

Beyblade Rising (Japanese) states that it takes place roughly one year after G-Revolution. So Takao is now 13.

EDIT: I'm still browsing the episodes to find the exact screenshots, but I clearly remember that somewhere in S1 it is stated that they're in shōgakkō. In 2002 and G-Revolution they're in their first year of chūgakkō (12yo).

EDIT #2: Now that I think about it, a lot of us (including myself) often complained with the fact that the guys were drawn terribly short compared to the adults, just like in that picture on the newspaper -- which would be strange for 15 year olds -- but considering that they're preteens in JAP, it makes much more sense. That, and the choice of seiyū!