Bakuten Shoot Beyblade: Rising (Manga)

Same here, but I did try add something related to Mao... or more like her beyblade.
I totally agree with HellenaMaezono.
(Apr. 11, 2017  8:24 PM)Kai-V Wrote: This has turned quite off-topic.

Sorry if I went off-topic.
Alright, so, back to Beyblade Rising, Aoki-sensei just posted one more artwork on his website:

[Image: takakaikaze.jpg]

Which got me thinking: these feathers are white. And I noticed that Ayaka's Beyblade shows a white, bird-like creature on her bit chip (CH1, while Galux is bursting).
Keep in mind, I'm just speculating. This may as well be just an illustration just like Yuriy's and Matilda's, but by now, I've learned it's better to be wary of the guy. He's sneaky.

(Apr. 11, 2017  9:12 PM)TL14 Wrote: I totally agree with HellenaMaezono.

Thanks, TL14!
They definitely showcased Kai's new look here better and I do like it more now that I've seen it here, although he still looks slightly younger than his G-Revolution counterpart, but he does look a lot older than his V-Force one.
(Apr. 12, 2017  9:30 AM)Jinbee Wrote: They definitely showcased Kai's new look here better and I do like it more now that I've seen it here, although he still looks slightly younger than his G-Revolution counterpart, but he does look a lot older than his V-Force one.

Well, if Rising really takes place one year after GRev (2002/2003), they would have to be around 14-ish.
(Apr. 12, 2017  9:36 AM)HellenaMaezono Wrote: Well, if Rising really takes place one year after GRev (2002/2003), they would have to be around 14-ish.

Oh definitely, and he does look like he would be 14, it's probably the art style that makes him look younger, just like how I found V-Force characters to look younger than the S1 BSB counterparts, it's really the inconsistencies of the art styles. Either way Kai's new outfit is something I can roll with, Takao definitely feels the most intact in terms of redesign to me.
(Apr. 12, 2017  9:44 AM)Jinbee Wrote: Oh definitely, and he does look like he would be 14, it's probably the art style that makes him look younger, just like how I found V-Force characters to look younger than the S1 BSB counterparts, it's really the inconsistencies of the art styles. Either way Kai's new outfit is something I can roll with, Takao definitely feels the most intact in terms of redesign to me.

Absolutely. Kai is kinda ridiculous with these belts IMHO, but he's always had this kind of weird thing going on with his outfits lol Takao is very much like his usual self, but also Rei didn't seem to change much! And of course, Max seems to be very fond of his overalls, haha!
(Apr. 12, 2017  9:50 AM)HellenaMaezono Wrote: Absolutely. Kai is kinda ridiculous with these belts IMHO, but he's always had this kind of weird thing going on with his outfits lol Takao is very much like his usual self, but also Rei didn't seem to change much! And of course, Max seems to be very fond of his overalls, haha!

Yeah, his belts give me his V-Force vibe and I can't quite put my finger as to why, maybe they both have unnecessary parts of their outfit, nope, I always believed even Kai's sharp gloves in S1 were essential, unless he wanted to take them off when getting serious. I'm not exactly sure if I like Max' overalls though, not sure why, I can live with it though. At least Max seems happy with it. Rei definitely seems intact, or at least I can't find much difference.

Actually, about the feathers, they sort of remind of something Brooklyn related, though I'm not exactly thinking he would return honestly, it's likely someone else.
You have got to give it to Aoki Takao: he does not really advertise his site at all, and these illustrations and Mao vs. Ayaka pages are most likely unpaid, but he came out of a decade-long hibernation and the three commissioned Bakuten Shoot Beyblade Rising chapters he did apparently reignited his passion for Beyblade, almost higher than before. Just because he wants to.
Jinbee Max kept his launcher accesories under his overall and Kai's gloves are extremely heavy and are supposed to keep his powerful launch under control. Both things can be seen in the Manga if I remember correctly. Smile
(Apr. 12, 2017  8:24 PM)TL14 Wrote: Jinbee Max kept his launcher accesories under his overall and Kai's gloves are extremely heavy and are supposed to keep his powerful launch under control. Both things can be seen in the Manga if I remember correctly. Smile

Hm, that was actually in the anime for the most. I know I can remember two clear instances in the anime, and not much from the manga.
(Apr. 12, 2017  8:30 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Hm, that was actually in the anime for the most. I know I can remember two clear instances in the anime, and not much from the manga.

I just looked it up. In the character introduction In Volume 2 you can already see Max' launcher accesories under his overall and later also in most of his battles and in Volume 3 chapter 2 Kai takes off his gloves.
(Apr. 10, 2017  7:09 PM)HellenaMaezono Wrote: Err, no, I actually do like Mao, it's her fans I dislike. Aside from her backstory's incostistencies, she's a kickass character, a very sweet sister, a caring teammate and a fierce blader, even if she's more of a "player" than a competitor. But by that phrase you just said ("she's not perfect, nor powerful and isn't fawned over by every male character") I grasped that no, you have no idea what a Mary Sue/Gary Stu concept is about. Or at least, not completely.

If you judge Ayaka a Mary Sue only because she handed Mao's butt to her and may be related to Kai, I'm backing out of here. It's pretty useless pulling the "she thrashed an established character" card, because throughout the whole three series and 14 volumes, tons of new male bladers thrashed and humiliated our big four, but in my experience there's been nobody calling the "Mary Sue/Gary Stu" concept.

I may be wrong, of course, but I get the feeling you probably just dislike OCs and new additions altogether, especially if girls (which makes me wonder how you feel about Charlotte, since she's Max's sister, aka a BeyOC cliché). From start to finish in BSB or the whole Beyblade franchise there's plenty of boys who did exactly the same, and Ayaka, only because she's a girl, is no different...

Just putting my two cents worth here: I love meeting new characters; I love OCs: I've made OCs. And I usually especially love it when new characters are introduced into an old fandom canonically so long as it's not character after character after character, but that's what Takao Aoki seems to be doing with Ayaka. And my biggest problem with her is not that she's strong but that she's most likely related to Kai. She's affecting how I see him. Charlotte was a cute add-in, but I think the line should have been drawn there. At this point, Tyson's twin might as well be introduced; it's this whole familial-introducing theme that's nagging me. 

It's. Terribly. Cliche. 

Despite the warning signs that Ayaka is related to Kai (please forbid it's his sister), I'm still crossing my fingers that this is some extended April Fool's joke or, at the very least, she's a massive Kai wannabe. I just can't see Kai suddenly being reunited with some long-lost sister or cousin or whatever because that would break his entire character build-up for me. If Ayaka had no physical resemblance to Kai, I would have welcomed and cheered for the strong female-blader portrayal, but because that information is still up in the air, I can sympathize with those whose eyes are twitching at the introduction of what you call the BeyOC cliche. It's not gender stereotype on my part; it's the relationship stereotype that's got me wary. 

Case-in-point: Other than Max, I hope the rest of the Bladebreakers aren't meeting up with their long-lost siblings or same-age relatives somewhere in the world. One was more than enough.-_-
@[TheBlackDevil], lol would Takaos evil twin brother also be called... "Oakat"?
(Apr. 13, 2017  7:54 AM)Jinbee Wrote: @[TheBlackDevil], lol would Takaos evil twin brother also be called... "Oakat"?

More like, "Okata", if you rearrange the katakana for Takao backwards.
(Apr. 13, 2017  7:54 AM)Jinbee Wrote: @[TheBlackDevil], lol would Takaos evil twin brother also be called... "Oakat"?

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if it was lol.
Latest page (finally)! Is there anyone who wishes to translate this all, yet?

[Image: maop3.jpg]

EDIT: As far as I understood -- though Japanese and I are not very friendly with each other, so I may be wrong -- that beyblade isn't hers, and she's Hiruta's older sister, not Kai's...? Kai fans, rejoice! You've been lucky once more!
(Apr. 15, 2017  8:57 AM)HellenaMaezono Wrote: Latest page (finally)! Is there anyone who wishes to translate this all, yet?

[Image: maop3.jpg]

EDIT: As far as I understood -- though Japanese and I are not very friendly with each other, so I may be wrong -- that beyblade isn't hers, and she's Hiruta's older sister, not Kai's...? Kai fans, rejoice! You've been lucky once more!
Makoto I return your Bey.
Uh? You carry out my bey with my permission?
There is some sessy person. I beated her up with my Zepher.
Did you win?
Ofcause.
(Apr. 15, 2017  11:46 AM)marutti Wrote: Makoto I return your Bey.
Uh? You carry out my bey with my permission?
There is some sessy person. I beated her up with my Zepher.
Did you win?
Ofcause.

So I read correctly, she said "Makoto"... but wasn't his name Hiruta?? I'm confused here <w<;;
(Apr. 15, 2017  11:54 AM)HellenaMaezono Wrote: So I read correctly, she said "Makoto"... but wasn't his name Hiruta?? I'm confused here <w<;;

His full name is Makoto Hiruta. (1, 2)
Anyway, she acts like a boss. She truly remembers me Kai in some things.
(Apr. 15, 2017  2:23 PM)C a o S³ Wrote: His full name is Makoto Hiruta. (1, 2)
Anyway, she acts like a boss. She truly remembers me Kai in some things.
Thanks, Caos! I was actually checking in the manga since I don't trust Wikis at all, but I couldn't find his full name, I only found "Hiruta". Welp, the more I know! I'll be looking out for that with more attention, now.
My subsite (animemanga.worldbeyblade.org) holds all known original information on the characters, really.
(Apr. 15, 2017  3:58 PM)Kai-V Wrote: My subsite (animemanga.worldbeyblade.org) holds all known original information on the characters, really.
Sorry but no, I found that website already and a lot of the information I could find there has nothing to do with the original (just like the Beyblade Wiki's)... anyone can tell me in which manga chapter Hiruta's complete name is spelled?
Like what?