Bakuten Shoot Beyblade: Rising (Manga)

Well it is basically done and a final revision is the only thing left. We did release the scanlation very early for the first two chapters and could have done so again this time, but private lives are definitely what delayed the publication now. It should not take too long.
In the meantime, Aoki keeps drawing, but what he released on his website is anything but Beyblade related... it's cars. I have no idea what it's about but they're literally just cars.
Aside from today's picture:

Yep. He really wrote "Ray x Kai". 

While it may mean nothing, as much as it could mean he's planning to draw a match between these two, it gave me memories: brought me back to the shipping wars between TakaoxKai and ReixKai shippers I totally wasn't among the latter, nope nope.
Good times, good times.
The translated chapter 3 of the Bakuten Shoot Beyblade: Rising manga is here!

That was a awesome chapter, makes me wanna get Darkness Driger quite badly, especially since I wasn't able to get a regular one from the Random Booster 4, thank you so much for translating this guys!! Smile
Thank you Kai-V and Siliva!

I always believed Ray and Max would be on par with each other.
Is it weird that I want that new rising driver Draciel had?
Why are they acting like a mid-battle burst of speed is cheating? Did Engine Gear not exist in the same context it did in every other aspect of the franchise? By the letter of the rules, Tyson straight up cheats when Dragoon "reassembles" itself after bursting, anyway. He lost the match when Dragoon bursts.

Oh well, happy to see it was a technical malfunction that sent Draciel into a crazy mode and not some spiritual force. But, on the other hand, that's a pretty anti-climatic reveal of "Darkness" Driger (more like stained by burning plastic Driger, amirite) and gives off the sense that Aoki doesn't know how long he'll get to write Rising so he doesn't want to start any long running storylines he's not sure he'll complete.
(Mar. 30, 2017  1:33 AM)The Real Libra Wrote: Is it weird that I want that new rising driver Draciel had?

I was talking to Jinbee about this! I do hope they release this Driver, and I honestly have some hope for this since it seems like a God-series worthy Driver. I am hoping they release it on Guardian Kerbeus, but the whole release of this Driver seems unlikely, sadly will enough.

To get back on topic; thanks @[Siliva] and @[Kai-V] for your work on this! I really appreciate it Smile 

My thoughts:
Okay, what the heck?! How the heck is that even cheating?! Don't they even remember Engine Gears?!

edit: wait beiber already beat me to it
It's not that bad of a chapter. I am glad that Driger didn't turn evil and Ray was happy with it but it was only caused by the heat. Though I would admit it'd been an interesting and different story route if there was a plotline about their bit beasts turning evil over time sort of like in the Movie but this time the blade breakers having to deal with it themselves. Having to master the dark side of their bits without falling to it. It has already been suggested the holy 4 were used for evil in the past anyways.
Thanks kai-v and siliva for all chapters u scanned
I still didn't have the time to sit and comment this new chapter (because I'm really perplexed and I need to share some of my doubts with you guys), but in the meantime, Aoki-sensei published something today on his page. A special manga, apparently, a spin-off with Mao (finally blading!!) and someone called Ayaka.

[Image: mao.ayaka.jpg]

You can find it here: xxx.

Which, I don't know about you, but reminds me very much of our Kai.
It says "to be continued".

I gotta admit I have a really bad feeling he's going to turn Beyblade into a shoujo... ugh.
Speaking of Mao. Wow what is with the creators sudden increased fascination with Mao? They seem to give her treatment nearly on par with the four main characters. You'd expect that if she got some spotlight, Lee would as well, but it doesn't seem that way.
(Apr. 01, 2017  11:47 AM)Jinbee Wrote: Speaking of Mao. Wow what is with the creators sudden increased fascination with Mao? They seem to give her treatment nearly on par with the four main characters. You'd expect that if she got some spotlight, Lee would as well, but it doesn't seem that way.
Right on point, Jinbee! It pisses me off really friggin' much.

It's not because Rei and Rai are my favourite characters (I honestly would've preferred this to be over and stay like that, yet "fans" seem to prefer a butchered series), but because of a writing perspective: Mao is a great character in the original series (we're talking about a loyal and supportive girl and sister with solid morals), yet not only the development of things (along with Rei's and Rai's) in both manga and anime makes no sense with their background, but now... what is this? 

She just appears suddenly after Rei like a dog, following him wherever he goes... and in all of that, where's Rai?

Rising turned her from a blader to a... Hiromi. Basically, she turned into the useless female character trope used in shounen comics, literally just standing there for fanservice and commentary with her "Eh?" "What is that?" "Ohh you won!" and then just acting all girly and kawaii... why?! WHY!?!

And now this. Well, at least she blades, but... oh God, is Beyblade going to turn into a shoujo?? Heck no, I hope this is an April Fools prank.
When I saw the link I thought it would lead to something entirely different (april fools has put me on edge haha)

I kind of want to see Ayaka get expanded upon, maybe she could show up in a later chapter in the series proper? Idk
As for Mao, at least she's a token female character who's a competent blader. Usually we get characters like Hiromi and Hikaru who only get 2/3 of these traits down, lol. That said, my OCD is acting up because Aoki drew a Burst Galux as just War Lion with Driger's parts (to be fair he probably wouldn't know what a burst Galux would look like because TT would probably never make one, but it's distracting to me Tongue_out)
(Apr. 01, 2017  12:13 PM)TrainiacJ Wrote: When I saw the link I thought it would lead to something entirely different (april fools has put me on edge haha)

I kind of want to see Ayaka get expanded upon, maybe she could show up in a later chapter in the series proper? Idk
As for Mao, at least she's a token female character who's a competent Wheeler. Usually we get characters like Hiromi and Hikaru who only get 2/3 of these traits down, lol. That said, my OCD is acting up because Aoki drew a #AKABestSeries Galux as just War Lion with Driger's parts (to be fair he probably wouldn't know what a #AKABestSeries Galux would look like because TT would probably never make one, but it's distracting to me :P)
LOL yeah I wish it was x°D but apparently it's not?

Ah, God, if Ayaka gets expanded upon, I have a feeling she'll be somehow related to Kai. I don't know why, probably the hair/eye colour and her attitude?
Oh my, "competent" blader, I have my doubts, considering how this first battle ended... but we'll see. And TBH I just can't see anything wrong with this? Galux has always been just a pink version of Galeon, even in the anime ever since S1.

And Galux did come out from TT, it was a limited edition random booster.
Though I have my doubts TT will not make a Burst one. If Aoki-sensei is giving her so much attention, I fear it will come out...
(Apr. 01, 2017  12:22 PM)HellenaMaezono Wrote: Though I have my doubts TT will not make a #AKABestSeries one. If Aoki-sensei is giving her so much attention, I fear it will come out...

Fear? Burst is sorely lacking in bright pink parts! Tongue_out
(Apr. 01, 2017  12:26 PM)TrainiacJ Wrote: Fear? #AKABestSeries is sorely lacking in bright pink parts! :P
Yes, you heard right, fear
Ah? Okay. In that case, you may want to read something else, maybe some nice shoujo. You'd have kawaii bright pink everywhere for sure!
Someone needs to make a picture of Dan holding a beywheelz launcher, launching a beywheel
http://sakura2factory.web.fc2.com/maoaya.html
Anyone know who Ayaka is? Or is this for a future chapter? Hope Kai doesn't have a sister or something. Too many canon relationships might ruin the story for me.?
(Apr. 03, 2017  8:03 AM)TheBlackDevil Wrote: http://sakura2factory.web.fc2.com/maoaya.html
Anyone know who Ayaka is? Or is this for a future chapter? Hope Kai doesn't have a sister or something. Too many canon relationships might ruin the story for me.?

Hah, welcome to my world... we have no idea, but she looks very much like Kai indeed. It may turn into a shoujo?
Who knows, maybe she's Kai's sister, and she's going to be Takao's girlfriend...! HAH!
(Apr. 01, 2017  12:11 PM)HellenaMaezono Wrote: Rising turned her from a blader to a... Hiromi. Basically, she turned into the useless female character trope used in shounen comics, literally just standing there for fanservice and commentary with her "Eh?" "What is that?" "Ohh you won!" and then just acting all girly and kawaii... why?! WHY!?!

I know I'm late for the party but I just wanted to say I completely agree with you there.

It's the reason I don't find myself liking Hiromi much to be honest (or at least mainly in 2002). She is pretty much every shounen female character cliche ever. She is your generic female school classmate of the main protagonist who contributes to absolutely nothing other than to be a cheerleader and occasionally an adviser (and fan service). Mind you, I don't hate Hiromi... at least not around G-Revolution but I cannot deny she is a tiring cliche.

I'd say she has it the worst but that award goes to Momoko from Beyblade Burst.
(After reading this)
Not... Mao! I'd rather see her as a Chun-Li (an action girl from Street Fighter, and many like Chun for being an action girl), not as an Itsuki or Kenta! (both are characters from Initial D, and they are Takumi and Keisuke fanboys respectively, and annoying ones at that, yet I think that I can tolerate them more than the Hiromi type; sure, this is a Beyblade only board, but I thought I'd illustrate a point here.)
http://imgur.com/a/jqjRy I went ahead and translated Spin-Off chapter 1.