Bakuten Shoot Beyblade: Rising (Manga)

You've got a point, however here's my doubt: it's for CoroCoro's 40s anniversary, not necessarily just Beyblade. CoroCoro had a lot more titles than just Beyblade, so couldn't it also be animated movie featuring a crossover of the biggest titles they published for 40 years? 'Cause on Twitter they keep sharing a lot of other titles (including Bakusō Kyōdai Let's & Go), with special photos of their very first volume, etc.
On Twitter, they share basically every series they have going on... Plus, the Japanese text on that picture seems to say more that one of the anime would be chosen, not all.
(Mar. 18, 2017  1:40 PM)Kai-V Wrote: On Twitter, they share basically every series they have going on...  Plus, the Japanese text on that picture seems to say more that one of the anime would be chosen, not all.
Of course they do, it's their job... ah, welp you know I have no idea of how Japanese works x° Either way, I really hope it won't overshadow Burst, 'cause that wouldn't be fair tbh :/

Whatever, if they were to revive the anime, they better bring Hiromi back <.<;;
Ah, by the way: three more pictures on Aoki-sensei's website.

Guys: YURIY.
YuriY. Yuri is something else entirely... Yuriy is how the name is spelt.
My first thought from seeing the image with Yuriy is that he was homeless. His companion over on the corner (I forgot his name..) seems pretty cold, and I wonder why he doesn't hand him the damn jacket :S

Thanks for sharing!
(Mar. 18, 2017  3:03 PM)Kai-V Wrote: YuriY. Yuri is something else entirely... Yuriy is how the name is spelt.
Ah, sorry, I went with the Japanese transliteration (ユーリ) rather than the actual Russian one (Юрий). My bad.

(Mar. 18, 2017  3:04 PM)Hato Wrote: My first thought from seeing the image with Yuriy is that he was homeless. His companion over on the corner (I forgot his name...) seems pretty cold, and I wonder why he doesn't hand him the damn jacket :S

Thanks for sharing!
You're welcome! The other guy is Boris :) all things considered, this one looks like a new illustration for the novel he wrote back in the summer of 2000.
(Mar. 18, 2017  3:03 PM)Kai-V Wrote: YuriY. Yuri is something else entirely... Yuriy is how the name is spelt.

Hmm, I am not expert on the japanese Writing but it's letters that translate to sound so in other Words there shouldn't be any definite correct western Spelling. Yuriy/Yuri might be compared to the Rai/Lai arguement in the official subbed version you have Yuriy written on the board and Yuriy as the name while they write Lai and have Rai on the board. The correct Spelling i Believe can only be refered to in the japanese letters. As for Yuri it's a common way to spell the russian name in English so I don't Think it's neccesarily wrong. Just like neither Rai or Lai are wrong, it all depends on what we decide I kinda Think. For example I saw Gao spelled as Gaoh while it's been Gao for a great many years. This is all very nit picky and unless there are rules in the Writing that there's a letter in the japanese Spelling that specifically translates to an Y in the end then we can't really have a 100% official stance.
Thanks, Breedo, but Kai-V is right: while you've got a point on the Rai/Lai argument (let me love you for bringing that up ♥ω♥) there's also this thing to say: in Chinese there is no "Rai" name, while there is "Lai" (莱 Lái) that is rarely used as a name, but used nonetheless. Same applies to "Rei", (雷 Léi) with the same note as 莱 Lái: rarely used as a name.
In Japanese, though, they don't have our L or R sound, but a sound in-between that is used in both cases: らRa りRi るRu れRe ろRo in Hiragana and ラRa リRi ルRu レRe ロRo in Katakana.
Please note that they spell their names in Katakana, so Lai's name is spelled ライ whether it's originally romanized as "Lai" or "Rai" (though 莱 Lái is the only hànzì I can think of that is also used as a name in China).

In Yuri/Yuriy's case, though, the original spelling is Юрий in Russian, where the cyrillic и and й are different (и being called simply "i" and й being called "и краткое" or "short i"); as such, they have two different sounds: и's is simply "ee", while й's is pronounced as the "y" in "yellow". Also, и is a vocal, and й is a consonant.

So yeah... this Language Nerd™ parenthesis was to say that Kai-V was right to point it out: Юрий's correct romanization is Yuriy, with the ending и краткое XD

P.S: Concerning Gao, the original spelling is ガオゥ (ガGa オO ゥu). In Chinese, it's written 高 ("Gāo" in pīnyīn). It's mostly used as a surname, however there are some people with it as a name... fun fact: it means "tall" x°D
The spelling 'Yuriy' has been confirmed in the past already...
Someone's been living the thug life.
Does that mean that Yuriy and Brian will come back for Bakuten Shoot Rising? Smile
(Mar. 19, 2017  2:50 PM)TL14 Wrote: Does that mean that Yuriy and Brian will come back for Bakuten Shoot Rising? Smile

We have not seen Kai and his dog Hana, so right now I would just take it as Aoki Takao adding random sketches to his site without any guarantees that they will appear in any manga chapter...
To anybody waiting for the scanlations: progress was made, we are very close to a release.
Great, thanks Kai-V!
In the meantime Aoki sensei updated with one more picture today...

MATILDA.
Eh?! That's a random character...
OH MY GOD IT'S MATHILDA!

Thanks for posting this Hellena. But what's with her outfit? Either way it's weird but cool to see her being acknowledged seeing as she was one of my favourite characters. I still prefer her old design but this is pretty cool too.
The outfit is very clearly just a copy of that girl on the Léon movie poster, right in the background... Has anyone watched that movie? It seems sort of otaku to have her wear exactly what her potentially favourite movie character/idol wears though...
Shamefully for me I never saw the movie. I can't believe I didn't notice that the poster woman had the same outfit. Hopefully there will be more illustrations of other characters, it's always nice when it's one of the lesser known ones.
On the poster it says "Is life always this hard or is it just when you're a kid?". What does this mean?
(Mar. 24, 2017  6:02 PM)TL14 Wrote: On the poster it says "Is life always this hard or is it just when you're a kid?". What does this mean?

Watch the movie and you'll find out. Wink
Honestly this picture of Mathilda just looks like Aoki Takao went ahead with his own fantasy but that this is entirely unrelated to Mathilda's own character or background story...
It's a reference to the Movie leon a damn good Movie. the main character was called Mathilda in that Movie and she's wearing the same outfits that she is wearing. So yeah it is more of a homage or maybe it's hinted at that Mathilda was originally based off of Mathilda from leon, which isn't uncommon for mangaka to have various back stories to different characters without getting a chance to tell them. The image also makes you ponder the question whether there are other characters based on various Movies with similiar backstorys. I Always felt that boris looked a lot like boris karloff from old horror Movies that were famous for playing mad scientists many times. I know his japanese name is Volkov but still if you did a recolor of boris u'd get well boris.
[Image: beyblade___real_life_boris_by_breedo35-d7uwo10.png]
Kai-V and silva is translation of chapter 3 ready? how much time it takes to ready?
(Mar. 28, 2017  6:14 PM)Kai vs me Wrote: Kai-V and silva is translation of chapter 3 ready? how much time it takes to ready?

Yo, it takes time... The chapter came out like only a week ago and they've got their own lives, too. ^^