Bakuten Shoot Beyblade: Rising (Manga)

This just really deserves its own topic, even though we have been discussing it in the Beyblade Anime and Manga Random Thoughts thread so far. 

In short, a new Bakuten Shoot Beyblade manga chapter will be published in this month's CoroCoro Aniki, meant for an older audience than CoroCoro. At the same time, we also know that TAKARA-TOMY will release Burst versions of Dranzer S, Driger S and Draciel S around fall.

Here are the best pictures we have so far of the new character designs (they are definitely Takao/Tyson, Kai, Rei/Ray and Max, not their children):

[Image: BakutenShootBeybladeNew_1.jpg]

[Image: BakutenShootBeybladeNew_2.jpg]

[Image: BakutenShootBeybladeNew_3Kai.jpg]

[Image: BakutenShootBeybladeNew_4Max.jpg]

These drawings come straight from Aoki Takao, the author of the original manga.

So far, all that is confirmed is one new chapter.

Personally, the new designs are cool enough, and similar enough to the previous designs to be liked by all fans of the first Beyblade generation too.
Hey, thank you for all the info and images Kai-V! Joyful_3

I really like Takao and Kai's designs, they are really cool. Max's design however looks a little... let's say distorted.
I have noticed how the designs are throwbacks/modernized/mixed versions of all three seasons I think they look fab!

I am interested and excited for the one-off chapter (wonder if it is a sequel or a reboot AU) and the Burst versions of the S Beyblades.

Thanks Kai-V
Takao's design is nice, very V-force-like. Kai's design reminds me of G-Rev episode 52's, where he was wearing a similar coat, and his design here.. Not bad? Not the biggest fan of my, preferred his others. Max's design is a little bit odd, with the T-shirt for me being done strangely; green fronting, white sleeves with purple outline. I do like it though, as it does seem to fit in with Max.

Thank you for sharing these images, Kai-V! Smile
Some Japanese fans seem to be complaining about the placement of Max's head, so that probably does not help hah. A lot more people would like the new designs if the characters had cooler or more neutral positioning in my opinion.
They all look fine to me except for Max. His design is fine, but whatever is up with his head is really throwing me off.

Since the new Beyblades aren't launching until Fall, I wouldn't be too surprised if this turned out to be a mini series or something. At least enough to fill a volume. We've still got 10 days to go, but I'll try and pick up a copy from my local conbini when it releases and I'll post a few photos. I will not be scanning it though.
DranzerX13, Siliva and me have got plans, so the scans and the translations are covered, do not worry hah.

CoroCoro Aniki is every three or four months though, from what I gather. There might just be a second chapter once in autumn? I doubt there would be other chapters suddenly on the main CoroCoro platform, to a whole new audience.
It seems a sort of hybrid style between all their previous styles.
Takao and Kai are very V-Force and G-Revolution oriented, instead Max has also some characteristics from the first season, cool.
Anyway, what about Rei?
I think there will be images revealed right until July 15th, when the chapter comes out. Recently we only had Takao, and since then, there were two new character designs revealed.
Yes, probably we have to wait haha
I'm quite curious about his new style. If you look at the banner you can see that he has an unusual Gi, it has a pronounced collar and he never had something like this. Maybe is something like a Gakuran?
(Jul. 04, 2016  6:05 PM)Kai-V Wrote: DranzerX13, Siliva and me have got plans, so the scans and the translations are covered, do not worry hah.

A bit late seeing this but ace! Thank you Kai-V, Siliva and DranzerX13
Now we finally have a better picture of Rei's new design, which is not actually that different...

[Image: BakutenShootBeybladeNew_5Rei.jpg]

He, Takao and Max seem to have the HMS emblems of their Beyblades on their clothing though, which is extremely weird since it is their S-series Beyblades they will be using, not their HMS...
Probably a nod towards the series as if to say "Don't worry, we're not treating it as if it didn't exist!". It's kinda nice in a way honestly.
Then the story would have to take place right after HMS, which is mostly a good sign because I imagined a scenario where it was a standalone chapter that only served to introduce what Beyblade Burst is, in the universe of Bakuten Shoot Beyblade... That would be terrible.
But a weaker Burst system to chronologically come after HMS would be weird, as the anime or manga, they would try and make their blades(miss using that term BTW) stronger or more advanced.
Certainly they will need one hell of an excuse to go back to Plastics, and some of their very first Beyblades at that, instead of going for Burst HMS...
Oh, I didn't mean that this came after the Bakuten manga. I meant that the emblems are a nod towards the writer not disregarding that it ever existed. I'd certainly imagine this special chapter(s) are meant to be in an alternate timeline honestly.
(Jul. 06, 2016  9:50 PM)~Mana~ Wrote: Oh, I didn't mean that this came after the Bakuten manga. I meant that the emblems are a nod towards the writer not disregarding that it ever existed. I'd certainly imagine this special chapter(s) are meant to be in an alternate timeline honestly.

It probably is considering it is a reboot.
Didn't the emblems — or some variation of them — appear on their foreheads when summoning their Saint Beasts in the manga? Either way, I don't think they need an excuse to use them — they're official and they look cool. I also think they won't bother to justify why they would switch from HMS to Burst. They never tried to justify why they were using terrible "upgrades" of their Beyblades in the past Tongue_out
Well with their terrible upgrades such as all the F series, it was theoretically good which is the logic they probably used, although I can't say FCB is better than Dranzer S' BB, maybe F's cuz it has one tip mode more?

For Burst, there's no logic behind why it would be upgraded after HMS, but I can only guess that BBA changed the system to Burst for more fun and safe battles? HMS were rather destructive after all, even when controlled well.
(Jul. 06, 2016  11:26 PM)Jinbee Wrote: Well with their terrible upgrades such as all the F series, it was theoretically good which is the logic they probably used, although I can't say FCB is better than Dranzer S' BB, maybe F's cuz it has one tip mode more?

For Burst, there's no logic behind why it would be upgraded after HMS, but I can only guess that BBA changed the system to Burst for more fun and safe battles? HMS were rather destructive after all, even when controlled well.

lol I doubt "safe" will be part of the equation. It will be "These are the new Beyblades. They're cool!" and little else.
(Jul. 06, 2016  11:27 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Jul. 06, 2016  11:26 PM)Jinbee Wrote: Well with their terrible upgrades such as all the F series, it was theoretically good which is the logic they probably used, although I can't say FCB is better than Dranzer S' BB, maybe F's cuz it has one tip mode more?

lol I doubt "safe" will be part of the equation. It will be "These are the new Beyblades. They're cool!" and little else.

Since this is IIRC a reboot, I'd better not question it, nor should I question it either way. The old gen has returned and we can all just buy their Beyblades, that's all that really matters.
Actually a new comic book will be published on July 15th as well, in Japan, called 爆転シュートベイブレード 1 伝説のベイブレード (Bakuten Shoot Beyblade 1 Densetsu no Beyblade/Legendary Beyblade). It is part of the "My first BIG" series, which may just be republications? The author is still Aoki Takao. I suppose I will order it just to see whether there is anything new at all in it, even though it is 670 yen...
Those complaining about the art of the characters... These characters haven't been illustrated for YEARS. Aoki Takao is more than likely not used to drawing them like he used to. I have always enjoyed the art style he uses and this is just like how he did it in the manga. If the fans compare the anime to the artist's raw drawings of course it will look way off. The animation studio does their own thing. Cannot wait to read this!!
(Jul. 07, 2016  3:38 AM)JoltCentral Wrote: Those complaining about the art of the characters... These characters haven't been illustrated for YEARS. Aoki Takao is more than likely not used to drawing them like he used to. I have always enjoyed the art style he uses and this is just like how he did it in the manga. If the fans compare the anime to the artist's raw drawings of course it will look way off. The animation studio does their own thing. Cannot wait to read this!!

So we cannot critique on someone's art of the characters just because he hasn't done it in years? Okay...

Besides, people were only critiquing the way Max was drawn (no one was really complaining). If you like the art of the characters, that's fine but don't expect something to be sugarcoated just because Aoki hasn't drawn the characters for years.