BEY BLAZE - MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA, JANUARY 9 2010.

on
Hosted by
  Omega
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

BEY BLAZE

MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA - JANUARY 9, 2010.

Date: January 9, 2010, 12PM Onwards.

Venue: A Park in Essendon called Lincoln Park. We will all meet up outside the Essendon Train Station at 12:00 PM and wait for everyone until 12:30 PM, once everyone is there we will all walk down to the park together, unless you know how to get to the park, you can go directly to the park if you would prefer that.

Expected Turnout: We are expecting about 15 people at the moment.

Format: Open Format, Round Robin System.

This time round we're expecting a lot more people to show up, and we already have over 10 people confirmed coming. This time the event will be held in Essendon as many bladers in Melbourne live near Essendon, and it's a nice location.

Note: The Libra wheel is banned in this tournament.

Please PM me, or post here if your coming, and if your bringing any friends please note that as well.

Attendance List:
Me (Omega)
Dragonsclaw
Pizza
Rock Bison
DranzerKingPat
Trypio
BeyKid
Robsta
Raykon
Chaos Blader
StormDriger (Maybe)
DiverDan
Tan
And I know there are more... Post here if I left you out, and I will keep adding to the list. Also many people are bringing friends.

Please try and make it.

Entrance Fees.
The entrance fee is $5 USD, or $6 AUD unless you have a Blader's Passport.

Purchasing a Blader's Passport at the Tournament.

If you don't have a PayPal, or for any reason you can't buy a Blader's Passport on the WBO website, you can purchase one at the tournament for $10 USD, or $12 AUD.

Prizes
The 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners of the tournament will get prizes, you get to pick any MFB you want as your prize (except limited edition beys like Quetz). We will not supply the prizes at the tournament, but once you have chosen the blade you would like, I will post it to your address.

Donations.
If you would like to make a donation towards prizes for the winners of the tournament you can do so, I would greatly appreciate that, and I'm sure other would too.

All money collected goes towards the WBO.

Essendon Lincoln Park Map.
[Image: essendonlincolnpark.png] [Image: w520.png]

If anyone needs my mobile number just in case, please PM me.

Winners:
1st Place: Tan
2nd Place: Raykon
3rd Place: Chaos Blader

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

38°C, Suits the name of the tournament perfectly xD

Oh yeah, and I don't know the name of the park I told you... My friend does though, he lives in Essendon, I tried calling him but he's not at home, I'll try again later tonight.
At least its not 40.... or 47!
It tends to go that high sometimes...
(Jan. 04, 2010  9:03 AM)Omega Wrote: 38°C, Suits the name of the tournament perfectly xD

I agree haha, didn't it rain at Bey Storm ( I swear someone said it did)? that's kind of like the name as well. 38°C isn't so bad, I would prefer it to be like 26°C or something ...
Hahaha yeah it did the first time round, your right! xD
Make tournament names that dont have any weather references then (storm, blaze etc) and maybe the tournaments might be 25C and sunny Cool lmao
or mad i am really looking foward to this i well be coming wow this is my first comp and i am really looking forward to it =-)
(Jan. 06, 2010  3:57 AM)Tan Wrote: or mad i am really looking foward to this i well be coming wow this is my first comp and i am really looking forward to it =-)

Same. I stayed up for ages last night trying to make some good combos.
ugh I have conjuntivitis (eye virus) so I might not be able to come although I'll probbaly end up going just wear sunglasses or play with one eye open
-I'll still beat you all Joyful_3
(Jan. 06, 2010  4:54 AM)Robsta Wrote: ugh I have conjuntivitis (eye virus) so I might not be able to come although I'll probbaly end up going just wear sunglasses or play with one eye open

That sounds bad. I hope you can still make it!
i'm thinking of a combo i is kinda basic but i am still thinking because i don't have many mfb's but i have only 2 at the moment and i am getting rock leon
(Jan. 06, 2010  6:19 AM)Tan Wrote: i'm thinking of a combo i is kinda basic but i am still thinking because i don't have many mfb's but i have only 2 at the moment and i am getting rock leon

I'm still thinking of my combo, so don't worry Tongue_out. Hopefully you'll get RockLeone soon because it can be pretty helpful.
(Jan. 06, 2010  4:54 AM)Robsta Wrote: ugh I have conjuntivitis (eye virus) so I might not be able to come although I'll probbaly end up going just wear sunglasses or play with one eye open
I hope you get better, hopefully you will be able to go to the tournament.
(Jan. 06, 2010  6:24 AM)Raykon Wrote: Hopefully you'll get RockLeone soon because it can be pretty helpful.

Not against my combo. (Evil laughter.)

Should the system be changed from Round Robin to Round Robin block system? Seeing as we have 12 confirmed atendees.
(Jan. 06, 2010  6:32 AM)Chaos Blader Wrote: Not against my combo. (Evil laughter.)

lol can't wait to beat you one eye style Wink
(Jan. 06, 2010  6:19 AM)Tan Wrote: i'm thinking of a combo i is kinda basic but i am still thinking because i don't have many mfb's but i have only 2 at the moment and i am getting rock leon

I hope for your sake one of those isn't Libra Tongue_out
He doesn't have Libra .. And I got him the Rock Leone for Christmas xD

Robsta, the park is called Lincoln Park, and FYI you will never beat me. xD
Thanks for the name of the park, Omega. I'll be going on the plane tomorrow at 5:30PM ... kind of nervous, I've never been on a plane in my life.
No worries. Haha, you'll be fine, I've been on a plane like literally 30 times or more xD
I don't think it's going to be as hot now as it said it will be: Max 29°C and a min 18°C. Also, do you have a estimate of what time the tournament will finish? It's ok if you don't, I can always just use my mobile and tell my mum to pick me up. If I have coverage.
It will roughly finish at around 2:30 - 3:30 PM.
(Jan. 07, 2010  2:48 AM)Omega Wrote: Robsta FYI you will never beat me. xD

bring it lol
(I'll probbaly end up getting owned) XD

and btw who is paying for the prizes? (I'm happy to donate)
Alright, thanks, I might even be able to walk (7 mins) to the place I'm staying at.
Awesome, if people have no clue how to get to the park, just meet up at the station, and if anyone needs my mobile number just in case, PM me.

Robsta, I am paying for prizes, and donations would be greatly appreciated.

- OP edited.
HEY GUYS better get your game on because i am and you well be sapried you guys might win the battle but i will win the war xD
I'm nearly ready with all my Beyblades. Tan, you'll have a tough time winning against me Wink
hahaha even if a lose every battle i know i well still have fun anyway you well be suprized of my combo for a first time blader Wink