BC2

Bearing Core 2 was probably my favorite part from the HMS series. It has the survival to outlast any other running core(minus BC1 of course), and the rubber tip gives it a great defensive property.

I kinda want the aim of this topic to be to discuss the usage of BC2 in TB/TBTS and the major usages/favorite BC2 combos.
Unfortunately I never got to use BC2.

And from the looks of it I never will. Unhappy

But anyhow, I've heard a good WBMS killer is:

AR: Metal Ape
WD: CWD Defense Ring
RC: Bearing Core 2

In left spin. I've seen a few posts around here talking about this combo and while I've never used it myself it seems to make sense as a WBMS killer.
I've been toying around with Jiraiya MS and Bearing Core 2 in particular lately. Unfortunately since I still don't have most of my parts there isn't much I can test. Looking forward to seeing some posts here, and will contribute a lot in a few weeks!
I don't have this part, but is definitely on my wish list. Although its a defensive part I still don't see it doing well against the attack types of TBTS. The Grip Flat RCs are just too overwhelming in that small stadium.
Cye Kinomiya Wrote:I don't have this part, but is definitely on my wish list. Although its a defensive part I still don't see it doing well against the attack types of TBTS. The Grip Flat RCs are just too overwhelming in that small stadium.

It doesn't fare incredibly well in TBTS, but it does put up a decent defence. I think there is potential for it.
I can't really say how effective it is in a TB/TBTS stadium, but it's one of my favorite RCs. If I remembered correctly there was a more frequent rattling sound in this RC compared to Bearing Core 1 right?
Used in combos like Samurai Upper/CWD God Ring/BC2, it does great at stopping smash attackers in TBTS. It still has trouble with some upper attack combos in there though, but they're not beating it all the time at least.
Best defensive RC from the HMS gen, besides having much better survival than Grip Sharp.

I wish there was some legal way to have the shaft fixed for attack purposes, but with the lack of customization possible with HMS it can't be done... I mean, you can still try to use it for attack once the rubber tip gets slightly worn out, but it'll never work as good as if the shaft was fixed.
King of Darkness Wrote:Used in combos like Samurai Upper/CWD God Ring/BC2, it does great at stopping smash attackers in TBTS. It still has trouble with some upper attack combos in there though, but they're not beating it all the time at least.
Best defensive RC from the HMS gen, besides having much better survival than Grip Sharp.

I wish there was some legal way to have the shaft fixed for attack purposes, but with the lack of customization possible with HMS it can't be done... I mean, you can still try to use it for attack once the rubber tip gets slightly worn out, but it'll never work as good as if the shaft was fixed.

Hmm.

Mine is rather worn out; it has decent attack capabilities; enough to take out low defence opponents, and survival to oppose attackers. I think, it's around the same speed or slightly slower than Grip Flat or so. However, spin rate... isn't satisfactory. Still, I find that the usage of a large grip surface allows it to have very strong recoil, even if the spin rate and attack speed arn't very high, which helps I guess.

Also, I really like the movement patterns of this. You can easily get it to mantain a certain angle for an extended period of time when tilted; I'm sure you should understand what I mean. I think, this is useful for a "wobble attack"; you can force it into that position at the start of the match.

G Wrote:I can't really say how effective it is in a TB/TBTS stadium, but it's one of my favorite RCs. If I remembered correctly there was a more frequent rattling sound in this RC compared to Bearing Core 1 right?

My bearingcore 2 shaft can go up and down about 1 to 2mm or so, I think.
So I was reading the Jiraiya MS article today and I added something. Hasbro's Bearing Core 2's tip is made of plastic. Does anyone know what kind of plastic? It didn't feel similar to bearing core's.
I'd still like to know how BC2 beat BC1 in Tornado Balance... This core scares the hell out of me. I mean I realize the strategy would be to outlast it because it's rubber and therefor grips which adds friction to it meaning overall survival suffers, but I saw Blue beat a BC2 combo with a strong attack. So is it just not as good as I'm thinking or is attack the way to deal with it?
Cye Kinomiya Wrote:So I was reading the Jiraiya MS article today and I added something. Hasbro's Bearing Core 2's tip is made of plastic. Does anyone know what kind of plastic? It didn't feel similar to bearing core's.

Are you sure? I'm holding a hasbro BC2 right now and it's most certainly made of rubber.
Cye Kinomiya Wrote:So I was reading the Jiraiya MS article today and I added something. Hasbro's Bearing Core 2's tip is made of plastic. Does anyone know what kind of plastic? It didn't feel similar to bearing core's.

Is it really? I didn't put that part in, and the article itself is an oldie from OtC.
I don't think Hasbro had released it then.