BBG-3/4 Zero-G Stadium Attack Type Discussion

Oh i forgot that Tired

Any testing?
On Killerken? Nah, none yet, set just came out, and it isn't worth it, it's relatively expensive and doesn't come with much.
I actually own Killerken and from my testing, it actually does better than Revizer Revizer in defense !
I KNOW!! I've heard.... I'm so excited to get it!
Just curious, but just how much metal-on-metal contact is there in this stadium? If there isn't very much or enough to knock things out solely through direct contact, stadium swaying combos could be the better path for Attack to follow.

Also, I'll try to do some Attack testing for Diablo within the upcoming week. MF-H Diablo Kerbecs ED145/GB145/TH170/230/E230RF/R2F/CF/GCF v. MSF Saramanda Saramanda GB145/TH170/230/E230MB/B/WB sound good to anyone? xD
(Jul. 01, 2012  7:44 AM)ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Wrote: Just curious, but just how much metal-on-metal contact is there in this stadium?
From my experiences with this one, very little. Usually after a launch, the stadium sways causing the beyblades to move around more. Thus the beyblades just touch and rebound. The "real" metal-on-metal happens towards the end where the beyblades have lost speed and slowly meet in the bottom of the stadium.

Uncertain Err, I sound so delusional right now, hope you understand what I'm saying.
I think that's only when you use CF of GCF, they shake the stadium soooo much causing the battles to be only like 5 seconds long. Using tips like RF, RSF, RS, CS, MB, SB, and B make the game more fun in my opinion due to their grip on the stadium.

I also feel like I found great use for RSF. Maybe the diagonally cut down slope of the tip will run along with the HUGE slope on the stadium floor, similar to how a worn out CS can go aggressive on the "tornado ridge" of most stadium due to the rubber on the side. Anyways, maybe RSF will more controllable than CF and GCF. hmmmmmmmmmmmm......
The slanted side wouldn't be able to make enough contact with the stadium's floor long enough to perform the way you mentioned. The weight of the combo would most likely immediately dip the stadium, thus putting RSF on either the circumference of the flat portion, or the flat portion itself.
Well, imagine it as a bowl. If you throw anything in it, regardless, it will cause the bowl to wobble/sway. After a little while, the object will find its way to the bottom (gravity and other stuff). The bowl will cease to wobble/sway. Simple.

But, if you were to have a tip that has enough grip to ride on the slopes of the stadium to increase swaying, that would be awesome! Dunno if centrifugal force plays a role in this Zero-G stadium.
(Jul. 01, 2012  4:45 PM)ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Wrote: The slanted side wouldn't be able to make enough contact with the stadium's floor long enough to perform the way you mentioned. The weight of the combo would most likely immediately dip the stadium, thus putting RSF on either the circumference of the flat portion, or the flat portion itself.

I get what you mean. But remember, there's two beyblades in a stadium during battle, not one. So maybe if the opposing bey had a similar weight which I'd say i pretty common for Zero-G beys, perhaps the bowl of the stadium could stay at a close to 180 degree angle from the center of the stadium going up. All of my RSFs were used for defense. Now they are used so much that they are somewhat like a Rubber ball because of their given shape when worn.
(Jul. 01, 2012  8:15 PM)Insomniac Wrote: Well, imagine it as a bowl. If you throw anything in it, regardless, it will cause the bowl to wobble/sway. After a little while, the object will find its way to the bottom (gravity and other stuff). The bowl will cease to wobble/sway. Simple.

But, if you were to have a tip that has enough grip to ride on the slopes of the stadium to increase swaying, that would be awesome! Dunno if centrifugal force plays a role in this Zero-G stadium.

Imagine CRF, Circle RUBBER Flat. A CF with a rubber tire around it. That'd be cool because it would literally "roll" along the stadium floor due to the huge amount of grip that rubber has to plastic.
(Jul. 01, 2012  8:31 PM)Flash Wrote: Imagine CRF, Circle RUBBER Flat. A CF with a rubber tire around it. That'd be cool because it would literally "roll" along the stadium floor due to the huge amount of grip that rubber has to plastic.

Though I don't think even that tip would have enough traction and grip to actually spin around on the slope...
Not that this is any new information, but I did do some testing tonight in the Zero-G attack stadium.
The testing was limited but the best combo I found was SawyKO SaramanderSaramanderGB145CF. This combo beat just about anything we threw at it. We put it against all other synchrom's and to my surprise it was beating reviserreviser, and phoenicphoenic. The only thing that beat it consistently it was DuoAquarioE230RS. The best launch for the SwayKO bey seemed to be like a sliding shoot, but into one of the walls that does not have a pocket.

A random useful note. It seemed that gcf was a better tip against rubber tips, then regular cf was. The gcf seemed to "sway" the beys with rubber tips more, because of how it acted at the top of the stadium.

Hopefully I will get some more quality testing in soon, but thats all I have for now. Hope it helps someone.
Do you know how to do the standard test procedures? If not, just look at what Brood does.
I was not giving results from a test, just got to play with a friend for a hour or so and reported what I noticed.
It was a post directed to people who never played zero g before, and this seemed like the best place to say it.
I know this may not be the normal way of relaying information, but I got to play for about another half hour or so. Just trying to help develop the metagame. Here is what I noticed this time.

GB145 seems to be outclassed by E230 for sway customs, stamina, and defense builds. E230 actually helped sway the stadium more then GB145 with a flat tip. Also it gave more stamina, because you do not get turn on side as much, and helped to absorb hits. I would say GB145 is a reasonable substitute if you cannot get E230 however.

Lastly, non agressive CS tip had very good stamina, however it was easily swayed to my surprise. Spin-stealing is still a legitimate strategy but so far only has beat defense, and stamina types that do not sway consistently. That's all I have for now.
Well, after playing around with the BBG-03 stadium for a couple of days now, I'd just like to post some of my recent observations. Smile

The Stamina section looks pretty fine except SD really does move around too much once the stadium wobbles a little. B and SB would just be far safer options all around.

And in terms of Smash Attack, I found RF and R2F on MF-H Flash Orion GB145 did far better than CF or GCF along with E230, so those should probably be done away with on the list. For Sway or Zero-G KO's, I didn't have much luck with CF and felt that GCF was easier to control and self-KO'd far less often. Also, ED145 and GB145 scraped on CF and occasionally GFC when I tried them out; AD145 or W145 may be better substitutes, as may 230 for E230 (for both Attack and Defense).

For Defense of either type, RS is the only legitimate option. I could easily KO MSF Saramanda Saramanda E230MB/B/WB with MF-H Flash Orion GB145RF, whereas with RS, Saramanda stayed at the center and resisted blows by Flash much better. So, RS should definitely be the only Defense Bottom as the B-series Bottoms move around too much and just have poor grip on the stadium, making them extremely vulnerable to Attack.

(My updated version of the Zero-G "Tiers" list) (Click to View)

I haven't been around for a few days thanks to a wonderful power outage, so If I'm behind on anything or something, I'll try to catch up soon. lol
Nice work Angry!

I completely agree with your assessment of rubber tip bottoms for defense in the BBG-03. It's always been my opinion that this is the case in the BB-10 as well. (Somewhere there is a thread in the advanced forum where I make this point about defense while arguing the relative merits of what "balanced" really means).

The question then becomes, will enough people use attack so that the choice of a defense bey doesn't Just become an auto-lose to stamina? Time will tell I guess...
So I am assuming that Weight-Based Defense would be used mostly against Sway-KO, as the goal is not to move. I assume CS is not good in BBG-03, as it can get aggressive.
And if you are going to us SB, use it with 160, as it creates a perfect 90 degree angle. Otherwise, good work ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)!
Thanks, guys! Though, I'd like to address an individual section of each of your posts. Smile

(Jul. 05, 2012  5:50 AM)Arupaeo Wrote: The question then becomes, will enough people use attack so that the choice of a defense bey doesn't Just become an auto-lose to stamina? Time will tell I guess...

Attack is actually very strong in this stadium! I forgot to include Diablo in my update above, but it can both sway and KO MSF Saramanda Saramanda E230RS on ED145RF quite easily. Along with that, you can build some pretty good Balance combos (e.g. MF Meteo L-Drago ED145/SW145/TR145LF). If anything, Bladers should be afraid to use Stamina or Defense considering the only way (I've found so far) to beat the Meteo combo previously listed is with Attack of either subcategory.

(Jul. 05, 2012  12:52 PM)Ginga Blader#1 Wrote: So I am assuming that Weight-Based Defense would be used mostly against Sway-KO, as the goal is not to move. I assume CS is not good in BBG-03, as it can get aggressive.
And if you are going to us SB, use it with 160, as it creates a perfect 90 degree angle.

Weight-Based Defense can be used against either type of Attack, but yes, its goal is to remain stationary. And CS is about as good as CS can be for Defense. Its major downside in the Zero-G Attack Stadium is that it moves around almost as much as MF, and major movement in any type other than Balance or Attack is not a preferable quality as it puts the Bey closer to the stadium's exits.
I think you meant JSB in that last statement of yours, but I don't have either part, so there's not much I can say, ha ha.

In addition to updating the list with Diablo, I'm not entirely sure that Metal Faces are really necessary on Smash Attackers. The extra couple of grams they add might assist in swaying the stadium, but the extra weight will just slow the combo down and there's also already very little chance of self-KO due to recoil and the steep slope of the stadium. Whatever stadium-swaying ability might've been lost by taking away that extra bit of weight is probably made up for by the small bit of speed added... It may just turn out to be ones personal preference whether or not to utilize them.
I really think you should get rid of Flash in the top tier attack section... unless it gets a hit and KO's its opponent early in the match, Flash doesn't do that well in the Zero G Attack Stadium.
I haven't had any issues with Flash in this stadium... That's basically what all Attack types are like in it.
Alright then... well your list looks okay (quite good but not the best possible)... so I just made a few changes:

Attack:

Smash:
MF-H Flash Escolpio/Orion/Pisces ED145/GB145/160/TH170/E230 RF/R2F/LRF
MF-H VariAres ED145/GB145/160/TH170/E230 RF/R2F/LRF
MF-H Blitz Unicorno II ED145/GB145/160/TH170/E230 RF/R2F/LRF
MF-H Diablo Kerbecs/Unicorno II ED145/GB145/160/TH170/E230 RF/R2F/LRF

Sway KO:
MSF-H/MSF Phoenic Phoenic/Ifraid E230/TH170/230/AD145/160/W145 CF/GCF
MF-H Diablo Kerbecs/Unicorno II E230/TH170/230/AD145/160/W145 CF/GCF

Defense:

Low-Recoil:
MF-H Duo Aquario/Bull/Cancer/Cygnus E230/TH170/230/GB145/160 RS
MF-H Death Aquario/Bull/Cancer/Cygnus E230/TH170/230/GB145/160 RS

Weight Based:
MSF-H/MSF Revizer Revizer/Saramanda E230/GB145/TH170/230/160 RS
MSF-H/MSF Saramanda Saramanda/Revizer E230/GB145/TH170/230/160 RS

Stamina:

Duo Aquario/Cygnus/Cancer AD145/160/TH170/230 B/SB/JSB
Phantom Cancer/Hades/Cygnus/Aquario AD145/160/TH170/230B/SB/JSB

I think it might be a good idea to ignore all BeyBearingCore's posts from this point on as I guess most of them are either inaccurate or false...

Anyways, I did a little testing between B and S in the Stadium just to satisfy my personal curiosity of which would really be the better Bottom Stamina-wise.

Equipment: (Click to View)

Conditions: (Click to View)

Earth Pegasis II AD145B v. Earth Pegasus II AD145S
IS: 20 OS
US: 10 OS
Ties: 0

Even though B moved around a bit more than S, it still ended up on top.
can someone test AS (around sharp) because i am really interested to see how it performs in the zero g stadium, since i think that it might have very good balance due to the free spinning ring.
I definitely think AS should be tested but many WBO testers may not have AS since it was only released with Sol Blaze V145 AS. I do not own the Zero G stadium unfortunately but would definitely like to see AS tested.