BB-14 Bey Stadium Balance Type

(Sep. 17, 2008  8:24 AM)japbeyblader Wrote: im getting this stadium

Awesome! Please post some videos when you can, it'd be greatly appreciated.
Is this going to be the stadium used for tournaments in Japan?
I forsee Metal Sharp being used alot in this stadium for competition.
This stadium seems just as same as A-5 Balance Stadium of the Plastic generation, lol if this balance stadium is the same as the A-5 one, we can say good bye to Grip Flat derived attack combos and Welcome Back zombies and standard compacts Grin
(Sep. 17, 2008  5:15 PM)Maz Wrote: Is this going to be the stadium used for tournaments in Japan?
I forsee Metal Sharp being used alot in this stadium for competition.

I imagine all the current MFB stadiums will be used.
I think this stadium will be nice, balanced for sure. I dig those slopes.

Launching will be more important to outcome without a tornado ridge to save your carp.

But all this talk of attack types losing power is unfounded, stadiums that are FLAT like flame field or draciel fortress (if memory serves) are much better at taking the steam out of attack types.
*maybe that was because name screw up??*
(Sep. 17, 2008  5:39 AM)Nic Wrote:
(Sep. 17, 2008  2:40 AM)Grey Wrote:
(Sep. 17, 2008  2:36 AM)Gotruto Wrote: And the steep slopes arnt going to hellp attack types either. You best bet would probably be a Heavy attack type (Goes down faster and with more RPM)

Heavy Beyblades do not make good Attack Types.
Didn't someone go over this before? There really isn't an Attack Type that has considerable weight; it has to have high movement, and low weight.
Upper Attackers have the most weight of the Attack Types because weight helps them lift, in a sense. Even then, they aren't very heavy.

Actually, in this stadium, it might be worth it to try small, heavy, highly aggressive Bey with sharp (or semi)** tips. This did not have much potential in previous eras of Bey, but I think in MFB and this stadium especially, it's worth a try.
this
(Sep. 18, 2008  7:08 AM)Blue Wrote: I think this stadium will be nice, balanced for sure. I dig those slopes.

Launching will be more important to outcome without a tornado ridge to save your carp.

But all this talk of attack types losing power is unfounded, stadiums that are FLAT like flame field or draciel fortress (if memory serves) are much better at taking the steam out of attack types.
*maybe that was because name screw up??*
(Sep. 17, 2008  5:39 AM)Nic Wrote:
(Sep. 17, 2008  2:40 AM)Grey Wrote:
(Sep. 17, 2008  2:36 AM)Gotruto Wrote: And the steep slopes arnt going to hellp attack types either. You best bet would probably be a Heavy attack type (Goes down faster and with more RPM)

Heavy Beyblades do not make good Attack Types.
Didn't someone go over this before? There really isn't an Attack Type that has considerable weight; it has to have high movement, and low weight.
Upper Attackers have the most weight of the Attack Types because weight helps them lift, in a sense. Even then, they aren't very heavy.

Actually, in this stadium, it might be worth it to try small, heavy, highly aggressive Bey with sharp (or semi)** tips. This did not have much potential in previous eras of Bey, but I think in MFB and this stadium especially, it's worth a try.
this

I remember Draciel Fortress being pretty normal. Flame Field was uber flat, though...
i need to ban the quote system since you guys clearly don't know how to not abuse nested quotes
(Sep. 18, 2008  8:07 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: i need to ban the quote system since you guys clearly don't know how to not abuse nested quotes

Sorry

nonononono!
Attack types just would be bleh in this arena full stop. and Heavy attack? You don't do heavy attack since the weight will keep the blade in one place.
Chuck an attack blade in that arena and you're likely to get the "vortex effect"

Vortex Effect: when a beyblade hits the arena, smacks into the side and pretty much does a vortex around the arena, it lasts about 2 seconds and when the effect stops, the blade just falls over and dies.

Dunno if anyone has ever had this witth fairly steep stadiums?
(Sep. 18, 2008  3:02 PM)Gekiryu Wrote:

nonononono!
Attack types just would be bleh in this arena full stop. and Heavy attack? You don't do heavy attack since the weight will keep the blade in one place.
Chuck an attack blade in that arena and you're likely to get the "vortex effect"

Vortex Effect: when a beyblade hits the arena, smacks into the side and pretty much does a vortex around the arena, it lasts about 2 seconds and when the effect stops, the blade just falls over and dies.

Dunno if anyone has ever had this witth fairly steep stadiums?

I don't think this will be steep enough for that. My guess is that attackers will generally fall into two main patterns initially:

1) If launched in straight, it will spiral outwards very rapidly, and rebound towards the center after hitting the wall
2) If launched in tilted, it will arc between the sides. This is the basis for most attack-controlling launches.

Overall, I don't think attacks will fare that badly as discussion so far seems to suggest. They'll lose some advantage, but not such a great amount. Consider the old Takara "Balance" stadium (the yellow one); I believe it was the only Takara stadium that was released by Hasbro. It has relatively steep slopes, so I expect it can be used to roughly guess at the form of attack patterns in this stadium.
You guys do know this is the stadium used in the Digg-Info MFB vid. About 99% of us have seen that vid. So why are you acting like we`ve never seen it used before
(Sep. 20, 2008  2:23 AM)-WOLF- Wrote: You guys do know this is the stadium used in the Digg-Info MFB vid. About 99% of us have seen that vid. So why are you acting like we`ve never seen it used before

We're speculating to how Beyblades will perform in it. It's part of Beyblade discussion...
(Sep. 20, 2008  2:23 AM)-WOLF- Wrote: You guys do know this is the stadium used in the Digg-Info MFB vid. About 99% of us have seen that vid. So why are you acting like we`ve never seen it used before

You do realize I mentioned that in the first post?

We saw two Beyblades used by relatively unskilled Bladers.
(Sep. 20, 2008  2:31 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:

You do realize I mentioned that in the first post?

We saw two Beyblades used by relatively unskilled Bladers.

Oh, um *ahem* sorry about that lol
I think I may get this for my first stadium. Having read through the previous posts, it seems OK but doesn't favour attack types. Are there any particularly BIG warnings before I purchase?
(Oct. 02, 2008  12:17 PM)BeyUK-Espio Wrote: I think I may get this for my first stadium. Having read through the previous posts, it seems OK but doesn't favour attack types. Are there any particularly BIG warnings before I purchase?

Since it doesn't have a Tornado Ridge, blades like Dragoon MS UV will catapult themselves out of it.
Ha lol, so Bull wouldn't last too lon then?

I think I will wait until one with a tornado ridge appears =D.
(Oct. 03, 2008  11:04 AM)BeyUK-Espio Wrote: Ha lol, so Bull wouldn't last too lon then?

I think I will wait until one with a tornado ridge appears =D.

The Attack stadium has one.
Any ideas when that will be released. I would assume it would be shortly after the Stamina stadium is released??
(Oct. 03, 2008  10:51 PM)BeyUK-Espio Wrote: Any ideas when that will be released. I would assume it would be shortly after the Stamina stadium is released??

It was the first one released ...
Ahhh man, will need to contact INtoy then. Cheers =D.
Me too. Want to compare the performance of my survival blade in this stadium to its performance in TB and TBTS
can bull win against pegasis in this stadium???
In which MFB stadium will Wolborg ms do best??