BB-119 Death Quetzalcoatl 125RDF Article

Worked with the stub by Kai-V. Don't know if its okay to put up an article for it with the stub in place or the rules involved with that, but whatever.
Still enamored by it and I loved working with it. This will probably need a lot of work organization-wise as I was uncertain where to put the commentary for Death as a whole so I put it under Metal Frame as it is the only varying part. (Other descriptions involving the Metal Wheel were left untouched so yeah we can fiddle with that.) Along with formatting and probably elaboration in certain places.
But damn, it's 4AM. 'Tis a start though.

Quote:{{Beybox
| image = DeathQuetzalcoatl.jpg
| full item name = Death Quetzalcoatl 125RDF
| item number = BB-119
| beyblade system = [[Metal Fight Beyblade]]
| beyblade type = [[Defense]]
}}

__TOC__

==Face: Quetzalcoatl==
The Face depicts Quetzalcoatl, the Mesoamerican feathered serpent deity. This Face mark differs from the Metal System Quetzalcoatl Face, however. It resembles more its first Face mark, but it has more colours, exaggerated traits, a more fierce design, as well as patterns in the sticker's background that were inspired by the Mesoamerican civilization's cultures.

==4D Clear Wheel: Quetzalcoatl==
*'''Weight:''' 2.6 Grams

The Quetzalcoatl Clear Wheel is of a pale golden colour and illustrates two winged serpents with a head more like that of a cobra. Competitively, Quetzalcoatl has niche uses in Clear Wheel attack, which it does effectively to thwart opposing Beyblades of greater height thanks to the cobra heads that curve upwards, but overall, it is not necessary.

==4D Metal Wheel: Death==
*'''Weight:''' 43.6 Grams

The gimmick of this 4D Metal Wheel is that one of the two metal parts, the Metal Frame, can be flipped to form another mode. Death has no PC Frame, only metal pieces, which makes it one of the heaviest 4D Metal Wheels available.

====Metal Frame====
*'''Weight:'''
The Metal Frame of this 4D Metal Wheel is the piece that acts as the primary mechanism behind its Mode Change. It has four small indents which act as a locking mechanism when placed on the Core. On the Defense side it has eight shallow slopes with a reptile-like texture and the large slopes of the Attack mode connect perfectly with the Core's. On the Attack side, as previously mentioned, there are eight significantly larger slopes each with the face of a serpent sculpted in.

====Core====
As with any other Core in 4D, this part connects the Wheel with the Track. Its design is based on wings, so the combination of the Metal Frame and the Core indeed illustrate a winged serpent, which is the representation of Quetzalcoatl.

Like all 4D Metal Wheels, Death features a mode changing gimmick. It works by flipping the Metal Frame on the opposite side while the Beyblade is disassembled. The two Modes are:

----
* ''’Attack Mode'''
If Death is set in Attack Mode, the Metal Frame shows details of several serpent heads with fangs, enhancing the term "Attack". This mode is in no way more useful than Defense Mode as it does not provide sufficient Smash Attack to be of any use in Attack Type customs, and its Recoil makes it overall inferior to Defense Mode in other areas.

* '''Defense Mode'''
If the Metal Frame is completely flipped to be in Defense Mode, this other side reveals a design of serpent scales, which relates to the term "Defense" and how animals defend themselves with their back, their scales, etc. Defense Mode's top half is also sloped, which reduces Recoil and is also an uncommon trait among Metal Wheels.
----

Defense Mode is preferred over Attack Mode in every aspect due its much smoother design, which provides much less Recoil. Death, in Defense Mode, was arguably the first to dethrone Basalt in terms of Defensive prowess: it may not have had the weight that Basalt did, but the fact that it had infinitely less Recoil made it the better Metal Wheel. Without this Recoil, Death is much harder for any Attack Type to KO or for any Stamina Type to outspin.

If the unbalanced Basalt wins because it can wobble and smash away the opponent’s spin while conserving its own rather than simply absorbing shocks, the balanced Death wins by shaving, or grinding, away the opponent’s spin instead using the relief created by the Metal Wheel's designs on the sides. While Death has not necessarily outclassed Basalt, it does earn a position as a top-tier Defense Metal Wheel.

===Use in Defense Customizations===
Death, in Defense Mode, can be put to great use in the following [[Defense]] combo ''MF-H Death Aquario BD145RDF". Death’s low Recoil in tandem with the sturdy weight of BD145 and the exceptional grip of RDF form a remarkably resilient [[Defense]] customization with the ability to withstand ferocious attacks from the best Attack type customizations of its time.

==Track: 125==
*'''Weight:''' 1.0 gram
The 125 Track is a midway between the 105 and the 145 Tracks. Utilized in mid-height stamina combos, it is more difficult to destabilize compared to 145 height stamina combos. It has declined in popularity as the choice mid-height track due to the release of gimmicked tracks of the same height, such as T125 and D125.

==Bottom: Rubber Defense Flat==
*'''Weight:''' 1.1 grams

RDF is an odd combination of shapes to hypothetically form a tip with both Defense and Attack abilities. This Bottom consists of a very wide plastic encasing which holds a rubber tip with a large, flat surface and a small protuberance in the middle which ends in another flat point. The rubber, which constitutes the actual tip, comes very flush with the plastic structure that contains it. In actual performance, it is similar to CS in the sense that it can have an aggressive pattern and a Defensive pattern.

The release of RDF essentially made RS irrelevant, since it is just as effective, if not more, but also because of certain key differences. First, its superior height and better balance allows RDF to be used with the best defensive Track available at the time, BD145, without being hindered by floor scraping. Secondly, RDF has much more Stamina than RS, which was always an obstacle to the latter.

When shot in a standard manner, it is stationary, much like the S tip. When weak launched, it is similar to a worn RS' movement patterns which is usually a light circling around the center of the stadium. When banked, the outer plastic part of RDF comes into contact with the stadium causing instability and erratic behavior, much like an aggressive CS, but with more grip as it has a much larger surface area of flat rubber and plastic. When contact is made with the opposing Beyblade, RDF may tilt and fall onto its outer ring and begin an aggressive movement again, before regaining balance relatively quickly. Stamina-wise, it is a tad inferior to CS, though it can consistently defeat other rubber based bottoms, which is handy. By no means should RDF be used for Stamina purposes.

Wearing does occur with RDF, like any other rubber-based tip, and it is recommended you buy a mint one for optimum Defensive performance.

===Use in Defense Customization===
RDF can be utilized in the Defense customization ''MF-H Duo Aquario BD145RDF''.

==Gallery==

==Overall==
[[Death Quetzalcoatl 125RDF]] was a welcomed release in the competitive community. While Quetzalcoatl and 125 are not overly useful, Death brought a potent alternative to an otherwise Basalt-dominated Metagame, and RDF offered a great Bottom for pure Defensive customs. '''Every Blader should own at least one of this Beyblade.'''

[[Category:Metal Fight Beyblade]]
[[Category:Beyblade]]
That seems perfect. I don't see any mistakes. Looks great!
Er you can't buy a single mode of a part which is what you're making it sound like in the Summary.
RDF paragraph
"....unfortunately, it is equally controllable and consistent..."
Aren't controllability and consistency good things? Or do you mean to say "uncontrollable and inconsistent"?

Also, some parts don't sound professional, like "Straight up Basalt" in the Overall section. Personally, I don't mind but the Beywiki is viewed by a lot of people who aren't a part of the WBO, so we have to be professional. Smile

DeathQuetzalcoatl didn't really change how we look at defense or revolutionize it but simply allowed for more variation in defense (and thank goodness, all those Basalt combos were getting annoying).

Excellent Job, Dan!

Quote:
Face: Quetzalcoatl
The Face depicts Quetzalcoatl, the Mesoamerican feathered serpent deity. This Face mark differs from the Metal System Quetzalcoatl Face however. It resembles more its first Face mark, but it has more colours, exaggerated traits, a more fierce design, as well as patterns in the sticker's background that got inspired by the Mesoamerican civilization's cultures. Competitively, Quetzalcoatl has niche uses in Clear Wheel attack, which it does effectively to thwart opposing Beyblades of greater height, but overall is not necessary for competitive use. This goes in the Clear Wheel section.

4D Clear Wheel: Quetzalcoatl
* Weight: 2.6 grams
The Quetzalcoatl Clear Wheel is of a pale golden colour and illustrates two winged serpents with a head more like that of a cobra. Competitively, Quetzalcoatl has niche uses in Clear Wheel attack, which it does effectively to thwart opposing Beyblades of greater height, but overall is not necessary for competitive use.

4D Metal Wheel: Death
* Weight: 43.6 grams
The gimmick of this 4D Metal Wheel is that one of the two metal parts, the Metal Frame, can be flipped to form another mode. Death has no PC Frame, only metal pieces, which makes it one of the heaviest 4D Metal Wheels available.

Metal Frame
If Death is set in Defense Mode, the Metal Frame reveals a design of serpent scales, which relates to the term "Defense" and how animals defend themselves with their back, their scales, etc. Defense Mode's top half is also sloped which reduces recoil and is also an uncommon trait among Metal Wheels. It is preferred over Attack Mode in every aspect due its much more conservative design which provides much less space for recoil. Counter intuitively, the small section where the two wings of the Metal Frame and Core meet do not provide any amount of recoil.

If Death is set in Attack Mode instead, it shows details of several serpent heads with fangs, enhancing the term "Attack". This mode is in no way more useful than Defense Mode as it does not provide sufficient Smash Attack to be of any use in Attack Type customs, and its recoil makes it overall inferior to Defense Mode in other areas.

Death, in Defense Mode, was arguably the first to dethrone Basalt in terms of Defensive prowess: it may not have had the weight that Basalt did, but the fact that it had infinitely less recoil made it the better wheel. Without this recoil, Death is much harder for any Attack Type to KO or Stamina Type to OS.

If the unbalanced Basalt wins because it can wobble and smash away the opponent’s spin, while conserving its own, rather than simply absorbing shocks, the balanced Death wins by shaving, or grinding, away the opponent’s spin instead. While Death has not necessarily outclassed Basalt, it does earn a position as a top-tier Defense Metal Wheel.

Core
As with any other Core in 4D, this part connects the Wheel with the Track. Its design is based on wings, so the combination of the Metal Frame and the Core indeed illustrate a winged serpent, which is the representation of Quetzalcoatl.

Track: 125
* Weight: 1.0 gram
The 125 Track is a midway between the 105 and the 145 Tracks. Utilized in mid-height stamina combos, it is more difficult to destabilize compared to 145 height stamina combos. It has declined in popularity as the choice mid-height track due to the release of gimmicked tracks of the same height, such as T125 and D125.

Bottom: Rubber Defense Flat
* Weight: 1.1 grams
RDF is an odd combination of shapes to hypothetically form a tip with both Defense and Attack abilities. This Bottom consists of a very wide plastic encasing which holds a rubber tip with a large, flat surface and a small protuberance in the middle which ends in another flat point. The rubber, which constitutes the actual tip, comes very flush with the plastic structure that contains it. In actual performance it is similar to CS in the sense that it can have an aggressive pattern and a Defensive pattern, [unfortunately, just like CS, it is as equally controllable and consistent.] “It’s unfortunate that a tip is so controllable and consistent”. As JBladerMS mentioned, it is an odd choice of words.

The release of RDF essentially made RS irrelevant, since it is just as effective, if not more, but also because of certain key differences. First, its taller height allows RDF to be used with the best defensive Track available, BD145, without being hindered by floor scraping. Secondly, RDF has much more Stamina than RS, which was always an obstacle to the latter.

When standard shot, it is stationary, much like the S tip. When weak launched it is similar to a worn RS' movement patterns (and also retains its grip). When banked, the outer plastic part of RDF comes into contact with the stadium causing instability and erratic behavior, much like an aggressive CS, but with more grip. When contact is made with the opposing Beyblade, RDF may tilt and fall onto its outer ring and begin an aggressive movement again, before (quickly) regaining balance. Stamina-wise it is a tad inferior to CS, though it can consistently defeat other rubber based bottoms which is handy. By no means should RDF be used for Stamina purposes.

Wearing does occur with RDF, like any other rubber-based tip, and it is recommended you buy a mint one for optimum Defensive performance.

Overall:
Death Quetzalcoatl 125RDF was a welcomed release in the competitive community. While Quetzalcoatl and 125 are not overly useful, Death brought a potent alternative to an otherwise Basalt-dominated Metagame, and RDF offered a great Bottom for pure defensive customs. Every Blader should own multiple of this Beyblade. This is this and that is that, short and to the point. If they want details, they’ll read the article.
Would it be relevant to mention in the Overall section that the reason to own multiples is mainly because RDF wears fairly quickly?

Also, are you sure RDF is taller than RS? I'm looking at mine right now, and they're about the same height. IIRC, the reason it's better on BD145 compared to RS is mainly because the plastic encasing prevents it from losing balance unlike RS, and therefore reduces the chances of scraping.
The implication was RDF and CS are not very consistent pattern wise.
At this very moment I'm not sure how to reword it, but my point was that and I'd like that part to stay, haha.

Byser: yeah, I covered that in the RDF section sort of and we all have it beaten into our heads that rubber tips require duplicates.

Anyway, I appreciate the feedback on it, guys! (it needs it too, I don't function too well at 4AM but I couldn't sleep so..)
:V

JBladerMS: Putting something like RDF on BD145 definitely does change Defense compared to what we were used to before.. So yeah.

I'll put those edits up.

Oh! We need to mention MF-H Duo Aquario BD145RDF.. :V
Hmm, the formatting isn't correct unfortunately.

Basically, in the Metal Frame section, I'd just leave the first two sentences, then go straight to the Core section, and keep the core the same way. Then make two subsections for each mode change, but don't go into their competitive uses. Underneath that, then describe which one is better, and anything else that would get cut out by this edit. And then put the Customization section, haha. Whether you choose to put the part about Basalt in the customization section or not is up to you.

Haha, sorry I didn't just do it for you. Look at the Blitz Unicorno article, that's the best example of what I'm trying to say.
I was curious how it should have been formatted and for some reason never checked Blitz..
Thanks man! I'd also appreciate you having a hand in editing this article, you've done really well with me in the past so lets go!

Yo, put up the revised version of this in Beywiki format in OP.

Check it over as I took the frame of Blitz Unicorno and perhaps remnants remain..
Haha, thanks, but there's honestly only one thing I would change, and it's the placement of the stuff in the Defense Mode section.

Dan Wrote:==4D Metal Wheel: Death==

====Metal Frame====
If Death is set in Defense Mode, the Metal Frame reveals a design of serpent scales, which relates to the term "Defense" and how animals defend themselves with their back, their scales, etc. Defense Mode's top half is also sloped which reduces recoil and is also an uncommon trait among Metal Wheels.

====Core====
As with any other Core in 4D, this part connects the Wheel with the Track. Its design is based on wings, so the combination of the Metal Frame and the Core indeed illustrate a winged serpent, which is the representation of Quetzalcoatl. Like all 4D Metal Wheels, Death features a mode changing gimmick. It works by rotating the Metal Frame while the Beyblade is disassembled. The two Modes are:

----
* '''Defense Mode'''
If Death is set in Defense Mode, the Metal Frame reveals a design of serpent scales, which relates to the term "Defense" and how animals defend themselves with their back, their scales, etc. Defense Mode's top half is also sloped which reduces recoil and is also an uncommon trait among Metal Wheels.

* ''’Attack Mode'''
If Death is set in Attack Mode instead, it shows details of several serpent heads with fangs, enhancing the term "Attack". This mode is in no way more useful than Defense Mode as it does not provide sufficient Smash Attack to be of any use in Attack Type customs, and its recoil makes it overall inferior to Defense Mode in other areas.
----

Defense Mode is preferred over Attack Mode in every aspect due its much more conservative design which provides much less space for recoil. Death, in Defense Mode, was arguably the first to dethrone Basalt in terms of Defensive prowess: it may not have had the weight that Basalt did, but the fact that it had infinitely less recoil made it the better wheel. Without this recoil, Death is much harder for any Attack Type to KO or Stamina Type to OS.

If the unbalanced Basalt wins because it can wobble and smash away the opponent’s spin, while conserving its own, rather than simply absorbing shocks, the balanced Death wins by shaving, or grinding, away the opponent’s spin instead. While Death has not necessarily outclassed Basalt, it does earn a position as a top-tier Defense Metal Wheel.

Death, in Defense Mode, can be put to great use in the following [[Defense]] combo ‘’MF-H Death Aquario BD145RDF’’. Death’s low recoil in tandem with the sturdy weight of BD145 and exceptional grip of RDF provide you with a remarkably resilient [[Defense]] customization with the ability to withstand ferocious attacks from current Attack type customizations.

I was thinking of that, too, but just reserved a decision until someone might bring it up.
If you feel it more appropriate, I'll go ahead and edit OP with changes.
Yeah, it's better like that, that way the Defense section is about the Defense mode alone, not what it does against what and that it does better than Attack mode.
There we are!

Thanks a lot SSJ!
You realise that you have written exactly the same thing under "Metal Wheel", and also under Defense Mode ? Also, the mode change is not by rotating : you flip the Metal Frame. Furthermore, there are too many "If Death is set in [] Mode"; it is inelegant, you should reword them or keep the way I had written them.

Also, you need to explain what you mean by "much more conservative design".
Great.. haha
Yeah I'll edit that to actually explain the Metal Frame itself and not the modes and change that rotating statement.

Good catch! Thanks Kai-V!

I've edited it.

From my superficial looking, now that the Metal Frame section is tidied up there are only 2 "If Death is set in" for Attack and Defense respectively, which isn't bad. (Is it?)
Yeah looks fine, not really noticeable unless you hunt for them after reading Kai-V's post, haha!

Just two small things: In the Metal Frame section, you put "8" twice, change them to "eight"
Also, the end of the Core section, put several lines between the section and from where it says "Like all 4D . . . The two Modes are:". So basically just separate that part from the Core.

Yeah that's about all I can see! I swear your writing is a lot better now, I don't want to change anything, hahaha.
Alright, done.

I'm not sure my writing has improved, but perhaps? I really think it is just people working together throwing their own style in to make something good.

I have this thing against paragraphs so having some help is good.
Quote:Metal System Quetzalcoatl Face however
I think you need a comma before "however"

Quote:patterns in the sticker's background that got inspired
"were" in place of "got" would sound so much better.

Quote:Beyblades of greater height, but overall is not necessary
You need a comma after "overall".

Quote:aspect due its much smoother design which provides much less recoil.
You need a comma after "design".

This article looks good! If you want I can post a version of the article with the errors I found fixed, since the article is long, and it may take a while to find them.
Nah, the last two don't necessarily need commas. However, if you were to put a comma on the second last one, you'd need to put "it" after the comma.
That's true, maybe need is not the best word to use, but in my opinion, it would flow better.
I did my revisions. The elements in bold need to be verified : I tried providing explanations on my own without being too incorrect, but expert opinion would need to be contributed. Also, perhaps there is another explanation to why RDF's plastic is more aggressive, because technically plastic cannot have better grip than rubber.

(Feb. 19, 2012  10:05 AM)Dan Wrote: {{Beybox
| image = DeathQuetzalcoatl.jpg
| full item name = Death Quetzalcoatl 125RDF
| item number = BB-119
| beyblade system = [[Metal Fight Beyblade]]
| beyblade type = [[Defense]]
}}

__TOC__

==Face: Quetzalcoatl==
The Face depicts Quetzalcoatl, the Mesoamerican feathered serpent deity. This Face mark differs from the Metal System Quetzalcoatl Face however. It resembles more its first Face mark, but it has more colours, exaggerated traits, a more fierce design, as well as patterns in the sticker's background that got inspired by the Mesoamerican civilization's cultures.

==4D Clear Wheel: Quetzalcoatl==
*'''Weight:''' 2.6 Grams

The Quetzalcoatl Clear Wheel is of a pale golden colour and illustrates two winged serpents with a head more like that of a cobra. Competitively, Quetzalcoatl has niche uses in Clear Wheel attack, which it does effectively to thwart opposing Beyblades of greater height thanks to the cobra heads that curve upwards, but overall it is not necessary for competitive use.

==4D Metal Wheel: Death==

====Metal Frame====
The Metal Frame of this 4D Metal Wheel is the piece that acts as the primary mechanism behind its Mode Change. It has four small indents which act as a locking mechanism when placed on the Core. On the Defense side it has eight shallow slopes with a reptile-like texture and the large slopes of the Attack mode connect perfectly with the Metal Core's. On the Attack side, as previously mentioned, there are eight significantly larger slopes each with the face of a serpent sculpted in.

====Core====

Like all 4D Metal Wheels, Death features a mode changing gimmick. It works by flipping the Metal Frame on the opposite side while the Beyblade is disassembled. The two Modes are:

----
* ''’Attack Mode'''
If Death is set in Attack Mode, the Metal Frame shows details of several serpent heads with fangs, enhancing the term "Attack". This mode is in no way more useful than Defense Mode as it does not provide sufficient Smash Attack to be of any use in Attack Type customs, and its Recoil makes it overall inferior to Defense Mode in other areas.

* '''Defense Mode'''
If the Metal Frame is completely flipped to be in Defense Mode, this other side reveals a design of serpent scales, which relates to the term "Defense" and how animals defend themselves with their back, their scales, etc. Defense Mode's top half is also sloped, which reduces Recoil and is also an uncommon trait among Metal Wheels.
----

Defense Mode is preferred over Attack Mode in every aspect due its much smoother design which provides much less Recoil. Death, in Defense Mode, was arguably the first to dethrone Basalt in terms of Defensive prowess: it may not have had the weight that Basalt did, but the fact that it had infinitely less Recoil made it the better Metal Wheel. Without this Recoil, Death is much harder for any Attack Type to KO or for any Stamina Type to outspin.

If the unbalanced Basalt wins because it can wobble and smash away the opponent’s spin, while conserving its own, rather than simply absorbing shocks, the balanced Death wins by shaving, or grinding, away the opponent’s spin instead using the relief created by the Metal Wheel's designs on the sides. While Death has not necessarily outclassed Basalt, it does earn a position as a top-tier Defense Metal Wheel.

Death, in Defense Mode, can be put to great use in the following [[Defense]] combo ''MF-H Death Aquario BD145RDF’’. Death’s low Recoil in tandem with the sturdy weight of BD145 and the exceptional grip of RDF provide you with form a remarkably resilient [[Defense]] customization with the ability to withstand ferocious attacks from the best Attack type customizations of its time.

==Track: 125==
*'''Weight:''' 1.0 gram

==Bottom: Rubber Defense Flat==
*'''Weight:''' 1.1 grams

RDF is an odd combination of shapes to hypothetically form a tip with both Defense and Attack abilities. This Bottom consists of a very wide plastic encasing which holds a rubber tip with a large, flat surface and a small protuberance in the middle which ends in another flat point. The rubber, which constitutes the actual tip, comes very flush with the plastic structure that contains it. In actual performance, it is similar to CS in the sense that it can have an aggressive pattern and a Defensive pattern.

The release of RDF essentially made RS irrelevant, since it is just as effective, if not more, but also because of certain key differences. First, its superior height and better balance allows RDF to be used with the best defensive Track available at the time, BD145, without being hindered by floor scraping. Secondly, RDF has much more Stamina than RS, which was always an obstacle to the latter.

When shot in a standard manner, it is stationary, much like the S tip. When weak launched, it is similar to a worn RS' movement patterns (and also retains its grip) [Elaborate.]. When banked, the outer plastic part of RDF comes into contact with the stadium causing instability and erratic behavior, much like an aggressive CS, but with more grip [Plastic has more grip ?]. When contact is made with the opposing Beyblade, RDF may tilt and fall onto its outer ring and begin an aggressive movement again, before regaining balance relatively quickly. Stamina-wise, it is a tad inferior to CS, though it can consistently defeat other rubber based bottoms, which is handy. By no means should RDF be used for Stamina purposes.

===Use in Defense Customization===
RDF can be utilized in the Defense customization ''MF-H Duo Aquario BD145RDF''.

==Gallery==
<gallery>
</gallery>

==Overall==
[[Death Quetzalcoatl 125RDF]] was a welcomed release in the competitive community. While Quetzalcoatl and 125 are not overly useful, Death brought a potent alternative to an otherwise Basalt-dominated Metagame, and RDF offered a great Bottom for pure Defensive customs. '''Every Blader should own at least one of this Beyblade.'''

[[Category:Metal Fight Beyblade]]
[[Category:Beyblade]]

I'd also suggest "When shot in a standard manner, it is stationary, much like the S tip" be changed to mint RS tip, or something, as it moves more than an S tip, and the rubber tip is a lot like RS, perhaps slightly flattened, but yeah.

Traction might be the right word, I'm not really sure. It's whatever makes tips move faster based on their diameter.
just for your questions:

elaborating on why it retains its grip when weak launched is sort of obvious, though..? I mean the contact with the stadium is still there..?

The plastic would not have more grip, but when it becomes aggressive for that short amount of time, it would collide with the opposing beyblade and still have a chance of landing (or propelling) onto its rubber side completely.. I mean the rubber takes up a far majority of the space on the tip so it isn't completely inert.
No, what I mean is :

- You say it has a similar movement pattern to a worn RS'. What is that movement pattern, exactly ?

- For the other movement pattern ("when banked"), you wrote that it landed on its plastic shell and that it behaved like a CS, but with more grip. CS acts like that when the rubber is in contact with the stadium floor, so how can RDS' plastic shell possibly have more grip ? I think the explanation you are looking for is that RDS is much larger than CS so, just like an F compared to a WF, the latter will be faster and everything.
Ah, alright:

Is "usually a light circling around the center of the stadium" enough?

Yeah, RDF has a larger surface area (especially more rubber).

RDS would be a cool tip.. I wonder how it would do?