B:D Discussion

(Sep. 27, 2011  5:50 AM)Raigeko13 Wrote:
(Sep. 27, 2011  4:49 AM)Ethan37066 Wrote: There are 3 molds in same bey? How do you know what's what is it random?! If you won't use basalt than use eart h/burn/phantom kerbecs b:d.

Read the post before yours.
There are markings on the boxes that identify the lots.

IF I may ask, where is the symbol that distinguishes (big word, oooo) the "Mold", so to speak?
I personally don't know, as I don't own one/have seen one. Arupaeo and other owners would know though.
Ok, because I was planning to get all my Orions and see which one is more common as of now. Then we could get some solo spins on those beys by other people, and identify a superior "Mold", that is if there even is one.
It's extremely unusual to have 3 different molds on a part that has just been released. Arupaeo implied that the stamps (A1, A2, etc) on B: D might be directly linked to the molds.

It would be beneficial for us all if the creator of the thread (Pcyborg) can update the OP to reflect this new discovery. Which stamp produces which mold.

This way, we can support or debunk this theory as more members acquire B: D and do tests on it.
(Sep. 27, 2011  6:19 AM)Uwik Wrote: It's extremely unusual to have 3 different molds on a part that has just been released. Arupaeo implied that the stamps (A1, A2, etc) on B: D might be directly linked to the molds.

It would be beneficial for us all if the creator of the thread (Pcyborg) can update the OP to reflect this new discovery. Which stamp produces which mold.

This way, we can support or debunk this theory as more members acquire B: D and do tests on it.

True, if this is true, one may get better B: Ds if the theory is true. i just hope it is. then i can trick my friends into buying a crappy mold and i keep the good ones XD
(Sep. 27, 2011  5:57 AM)Galaxy Jay Wrote: IF I may ask, where is the symbol that distinguishes (big word, oooo) the "Mold", so to speak?

The mold marking for the B:D part is on the top side of the performance tip. It is difficult to read, but holding it near a lightbulb helps. In fact, the easiest way to see the mark is look at the bottom of the tip held sideways above a lightbulb and then it shows up as being written backwards.
(Sep. 27, 2011  6:19 AM)Uwik Wrote: It's extremely unusual to have 3 different molds on a part that has just been released. Arupaeo implied that the stamps (A1, A2, etc) on B: D might be directly linked to the molds.

As far as manufacturing in general is concerned, it is not unusual at all for new parts to have multiple molds. The reason for this is that modern supply chains have moved away from single sourcing into distributed sourcing - so each production line has to have a different physical "mold" for stamping, casting, or injection molding. Those stamps are a design element of the physical mold that creates the part.

Now, I am curious as to whether there is a statistical correlation between mold number and spin time, but it would take a great deal of data in order to say with any confidence whether or not a causal relationship exists. I am not saying now that there is, but I am hoping that people will post their data so we can explore this issue further.

I have also contacted my supplier about dealing with returns of products that have manufacturers defects. My supplier ( who has a direct relationship with a TT rep) told me that they were contacting TT about my issue, so we'll see what happens on that front.

In the mean time, post your spin times and mold numbers please!
The thing might not be for different molds. It could just mean it was made at a different time or factory. Though it might be molds try finding a difference besides spin time.
(Sep. 27, 2011  1:12 PM)Ethan37066 Wrote: The thing might not be for different molds. It could just mean it was made at a different time or factory. Though it might be molds try finding a difference besides spin time.

No, the mold numbers do in fact mean they came from different molds. Those molds may have been used at a different time or different factory (or not as the case may be), but it doesn't change what the number means. You can read more about the injection molding process here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Injection_molding

That being said, there may not be a direct connection between mold number and performance. It may just be that there is a huge amount of variance in performance due to lax quality control that is completely random in it's distribution. But until we get the data, we won't be able to tell.
Could this request be done please:
MF-H L-Drago Destroy (Absorb) B : D VS Phantom Horogium AD145EWD

LDD has potential as a spinstealer and attacker. If it is launched at a 45 degree angle then B : D should stay still while tilting and the bearings will keep it in place. The rubber on LDD will be hit causing LDD to move. After that, It will balance out, stay tilted or KO Phantom.
That my theory/reason I would like it to be tested
(Sep. 27, 2011  4:38 PM)Arupaeo Wrote:
(Sep. 27, 2011  1:12 PM)Ethan37066 Wrote: The thing might not be for different molds. It could just mean it was made at a different time or factory. Though it might be molds try finding a difference besides spin time.

No, the mold numbers do in fact mean they came from different molds. Those molds may have been used at a different time or different factory (or not as the case may be), but it doesn't change what the number means. You can read more about the injection molding process here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Injection_molding

That being said, there may not be a direct connection between mold number and performance. It may just be that there is a huge amount of variance in performance due to lax quality control that is completely random in it's distribution. But until we get the data, we won't be able to tell.

Ok thanks.
So they might be made of lighter/heavyer or cheap plastic ,or made to fast.
My B:D is a A2 mold. Maybe this is the best mold since Noctos's achieved 5:51 but we still need more Solo Spins by people.
(Sep. 27, 2011  9:18 PM)InfiniteLibra Wrote: My BGrin is a A2 mold. Maybe this is the best mold since Noctos's achieved 5:51 but we still need more Solo Spins by people.

Thanks! Hey BeybladeStation and Pcyborg, can you post your molds as well?
I have "Mold" A4:

Spin Times:

5:20
5:10
5:16
4:59
5:11

Average: 5.00

Well, I always here this clicking noise and it is much bugging me.
RustyXD's request:

Scythe Kronos B:D VS. Phantom Orion AD145EDS
Scythe Wins: 1
Phantom Wins: 19
Scythe Win%Age: 5%

Anyone else have requests? Perhaps Mr. N, Dan, Shabalabadoo? I'm willing to take all Defense and Stamina tests.
Hmmmm they are both around 5min.

We need more a1
Um guys? Theres a fourth mold: A3. I cant spin test because my stadium is bolt blast derp.
Sweet get a cheap stadium pike pegasus thunder whip and give resalts.
Some Solo Spin times. They got better, up to a peak, but then went down. The first time I did it were my first time actually using it, and with these timings, I was told my B:D was a bit faulty, but after some more solo spin time tests...... My thinking changed a bit. It may have been my launch, or launcher, Idk. But the last 3 test surprised me.

1. 3:47
2. 5:39
3. 6:25
4. 6:23
5. 6:19

Is this normal, or bad.
Pretty good. Remember, you wont be able to replicate EXACTLY the seven min. Six is good enough for me.
(Sep. 27, 2011  11:16 PM)BeyCenter Wrote: Some Solo Spin times. They got better, up to a peak, but then went down. The first time I did it were my first time actually using it, and with these timings, I was told my BGrin was a bit faulty, but after some more solo spin time tests...... My thinking changed a bit. It may have been my launch, or launcher, Idk. But the last 3 test surprised me.

1. 3:47
2. 5:39
3. 6:25
4. 6:23
5. 6:19

Is this normal, or bad.
What mold?
Chances are I'll be purchasing Phantom Orion in the next couple of weeks, so I'll do some testing with it.

Sorry if this is SPAM, seeing as I'm contributing absolutely nohing to the thread. :\
(Sep. 27, 2011  9:58 PM)BeybladeStation Wrote: Anyone else have requests? Perhaps Mr. N, Dan, Shabalabadoo? I'm willing to take all Defense and Stamina tests.

Well, since you asked:

@ethan37066

Mold A3, I believe its pretty common. Any test anyone would like? I'll be happy to try them out.
Ok, I can do that! What are some general 145 height staminas? With Scythe?
Yeah, Scythe, Phantom, Basalt, whatever your heart blader spirit tells you
Sombody use phantom kerbecs vs phantom bull ad145 wd.
BGrin on kerbecs.