B:D Discussion

(Sep. 22, 2011  5:51 PM)Pcyborg Wrote: Er, isnt the design already similar to Bearing cores found in plastic and HMS (less unable to take apart and larger tip among all so far).

Honestly, B: D is nothing new(design wise). Please elaborate on the "Special ability" which you are referring to.

Well, these days I'm messing up with my B : D, and found out that the thing acts like a wheel when you launch it at 45 degrees.
So I'm thinking, can we make it as a Defense tip?The bearing thing cause more defense abilities then I thought.
My Phantom Orions have arrived at the post office. Once I retrieve them tomorrow I can post physical dimensions using micrometer - including comparison against other similar track/tip heights.
I will be doing the same, mine will be in the mailbox on Monday. I should be posting Attack Tests much, I think it has huge potential.
B:D has attack potential? I don't understand why. B:D is not so aggressive for what I've seen
Calm down, I was talking about the Counter Smash people are seeing.
Calm down? To what are you referring to. I was never angry or "un-clam" I was just saying I see no aggressiveness in it.
When used with an attack wheel. When bd gets knocked back, it angles back into the center. Thats what the counter is.
No, I mean the calm down part, I know what he was referring to, but I don't see the reason to calm down when I wasn't "un-calm" in the first place.
Can we get back on topic ladies? The point we were discussing is the small counter we see.
B: D will move aggressively if used with Basalt. The off center weight will tilt the core of the B: D to one side,not allowing the tip to be completely free spinning. Not REALLY aggressively, but really starts to move around..

You'll notice your bearings starting to sound a bit loud, and the WD like tip will have more allowance for tilting. Not exactly a bad thing, but I'd rather it reach this stage later than earlier. I'm not sure how this affect results =|
Mine is loud out of the box. And yes i know not really that much aggressive but enough for say LDD to hit a good hit.
That means BD will wreck even faster.
I have two sets of data to contribute, height comparisons and solo spin time tests.

Height Comparisons

B:D = 21.48 mm
145 + WD = 19.55 mm
TH170 (170) + WD = 22.12 mm
230 no tip = 22.86 mm
230 + WD = 27.95 mm

With the understanding that a tip must be added to other spin tracks (I used WD as it is similar to B:D's tip portion) the nearest height analog to B:D is TH170WD at the 170 height.

Solo Spin Times (Stock Phantom Orion)
2:38
2:49
3:01
2:58
2:34
2:35
2:36
2:53
2:55
2:28
2:44 Average

What a disappointment! My B:D movement has a "click" at one point in its rotation, so maybe this one is a Dud. If so, I'm pretty PO'd...

But I did order more than one, so I will test another one later today/tomorrow.
It really seems as though manufacturing discrepancies are running rampant with B: D, making it a nearly completely unreliable part. The solo spin times and overall results people are seeing are horrifyingly inconsistent. Arupaeo isn't the first to receive a B: D that vastly underperformed - in fact, they seem more common than not.

This doesn't bode well for the practical viability of this part - if you have to buy 20 of them to get one that works perfectly, why bother?
That is VERY low. Too low infact. By far the lowest I've seen from the few I've seen.

What laucher did you use? Maybe that played a part as well?
(Sep. 25, 2011  4:57 PM)Arupaeo Wrote: Solo Spin Times (Stock Phantom Orion)

Wow, this is horrible ... I do not understand how there could be such a vast discrepency between B:D's. :\
in my tests i got around 4:46 wich is weird which means that as its used the time goes down as i was getting times of over 5 minutes. i think takara tomy exaggerated a little bit Uncertain
(Sep. 25, 2011  6:46 PM)Kei Wrote:

Wow, this is horrible ... I do not understand how there could be such a vast discrepency between BGrin's. :\

I suspect they may be first-release defects. As we've seen such drastic variation in them, it is highly likely that TT will eventually resolve the issue in later manufacturing lines, if they acknowledge the problem.

I am just quite disappointed it was such a drastic issue. It would appear TT has created an effective measure for countering hype, at any rate...

(Sep. 25, 2011  6:51 PM)Fury Wrote: in my tests i got around 4:46 wich is weird which means that as its used the time goes down as i was getting times of over 5 minutes. i think takara tomy exaggerated a little bit Uncertain

It's more likely that TT simply had a "perfect" mold they had quality-checked themselves, launched with a perfect launch and the best-suited equipment. They cannot exaggerate a live-taped spin-time test without some manner of mechanical trickery, which seems highly unlikely.
I was afraid of this, hopefully they somewhere down the line make a second release of it with these discrepancies fixed. :V
well if u noticed they sped it up. they could have made the clock go faster. still not to disapointed as around 5 minutes is great spin time
(Sep. 25, 2011  5:17 PM)Pcyborg Wrote: That is VERY low. Too low infact. By far the lowest I've seen from the few I've seen.

What laucher did you use? Maybe that played a part as well?

I'm using a Hasbro light launcher at 30% strength. Those were the instructions right? :p I'm actually using the same L/R launcher I always use. Full power, but no result..

(Sep. 25, 2011  6:46 PM)Kei Wrote:

Wow, this is horrible ... I do not understand how there could be such a vast discrepency between BGrin's. :\

Tell me about it. If the next one is also a Dud then I'm out some non-trivial cash for nothing.
Well Phantom is apparently an amazing Stamina wheel so you would be our go-to guy for Phantom vs. Phantom tests!
Tongue_out
(Sep. 25, 2011  11:14 PM)Dan Wrote: Well Phantom is apparently an amazing Stamina wheel so you would be our go-to guy for Phantom vs. Phantom tests!
Tongue_out

Thanks for the happy thoughts Dan!

I did 5 tests on the second Phantom Orion and had 5 results under 3 minutes. At this point I'm not going to waste my time or yours with a listing of the actual times.

Both of these Phantom Orion boxes had the lot # H1611 imprinted on the bottom.

Can other people please post their solo spin times and the lot number on their box? It might help to narrow down or identify bad lots.

Thanks!
Id recommend you get a Scythe and pair it up with B: D.
Then start launching it like some a couple of times on your bed or soft surface.
Im suspecting something may have gotten stuck or you've gotten a bad ball or two in the bearings. Forcibly forcing it to spin continuously in high rpm may help.

(Sep. 25, 2011  11:14 PM)Dan Wrote: Well Phantom is apparently an amazing Stamina wheel so you would be our go-to guy for Phantom vs. Phantom tests!
Tongue_out
I'm getting two this week too!

Man, I think Aurapaeo got a dud, sorry for that man!