B-165 and B-166 New Launchers

(Mar. 29, 2020  1:46 AM)SupaDav03 Wrote:
(Mar. 29, 2020  12:30 AM)snoc Wrote: isnt the blue on e the left one?

Yes, blue is left. It doesn’t get release until April though.

deleted cause I am, in fact stupid
Towards the end of the video, the Sparking Beylauncher is taken apart. The prongs of the launcher have a clutch, which should hopefully keep gears from wearing too quickly, but the white dust inside the casing does worry me. The simpler construction of the Launcher does make it seem more appealing, though.
The experiment result is accurate. Due to different gearing ratio, Sparking launcher has 1 more turn than other LR launchers on average (~11 vs ~10), even though the strings length are about the same.

In short, sparking launcher has stronger launch than other LR launcher, due to higher spin per inch/cm of string pulled, or ~10% higher angular acceleration if you are into physics.
So let’s say in a tournament, you and an opponent have the same Blade, one has any lr, and one has the sparking. Does the sparking make that much of a different to as the blade with the sparking would beat the lr?
Short answer is no. Launch speed is just one of the many factors to win a battle. Stronger launch speed does not necessary gain you the right advantage to win.
(Apr. 07, 2020  6:21 AM)I JavariTheChamp Wrote: So let’s say in a tournament, you and an opponent have the same Blade, one has any lr, and one has the sparking. Does the sparking make that much of a different to as the blade with the sparking would beat the lr?

Basic  answer it depends on the user actually
Wait so the new sparking launcher is better than the previous LR launcher? If its able to turn more doesn't that mean more power?
(Apr. 07, 2020  3:55 PM)-Fireblaze- Wrote: Wait so the new sparking launcher is better than the previous LR launcher? If its able to turn more doesn't that mean more power?

yeah it does, but sadly we have to l/r sparking launcher. they will prob make one though.
(Apr. 07, 2020  3:55 PM)-Fireblaze- Wrote: Wait so the new sparking launcher is better than the previous LR launcher? If its able to turn more doesn't that mean more power?

The sparking launcher is the strongest launcher but having spoke with a few people who have been testing them, it’s not a must buy. You can be fine with a normal L/R launcher. That being said, I still bought 2 and will be getting the L sparking launcher later this month.
One small quirk on sparking launcher, due to the sparking mechanism, it has more friction, hence it feels tighter during launch. It requires more force to launch at equal speed as LR launcher. Depends on your personal taste and play style, this can be a plus or minus point.
(Apr. 07, 2020  8:40 PM)DinoBurst Wrote: One small quirk on sparking launcher, due to the sparking mechanism, it has more friction, hence it feels tighter during launch. It requires more force to launch at equal speed as LR launcher. Depends on your personal taste and play style, this can be a plus or minus point.

Add to that that it is only a single-direction spin (as well as almost or as long as the Long LR Beylauncher), it makes the components inside simpler hence it may probably be sturdier than LR Beylaunchers. God knows how many LR Beylaunchers I've gone through since its release lol
(Apr. 07, 2020  4:40 PM)SupaDav03 Wrote:

The sparking launcher is the strongest launcher but having spoke with a few people who have been testing them, it’s not a must buy. You can be fine with a normal L/R launcher. That being said, I still bought 2 and will be getting the L sparking launcher later this month.

Awesome let me know how it goes! Being that I bought master diabolos launcher set just a couple months ago. I don't want to upgrade if it's not a must buy.

(Apr. 07, 2020  4:34 PM)snoc Wrote:

yeah it does, but sadly we have to l/r sparking launcher. they will prob make one though.

I just need to see that it generates more power than our latest L/R launched and I'll invest. But if it's the same then no worth my money right now. Maybe later. I do like the gimmick of sparks
Lack of any other way to measure the launch power, I use a relatively new Cho-Z Valkyrie with stock combo, and attempt to awaken all the 3 wings and see how easy it is.

With hard launch, I must say that sparking launcher is able to fully awaken it more consistently. Long LR Launcher is about 80% success rate with similar hard launch. For the record, short LR launcher is <50%. Did 10 launches for each launcher.

Of course if I rip it super hard I can get LR launcher to awaken it consistently too, but that is super hard launch, which puts excessive stress on LR launcher and shortens its life span.
I got mine from ever wish today. Unfortunately it seems like I've got the string stuck so I have to wait until later to open it with a screwdriver. It seems to just be jammed so hopefully I'm ok? I haven't used string launchers at all up until this one so please tell me I'm in the clear lmao. I don't know what caused it, I tried to make sure not to pull the string until it doesn't give anymore so if anyone can give me an idea on that then thanks.
(Apr. 09, 2020  10:32 PM)Nawter Wrote: I got mine from ever wish today. Unfortunately it seems like I've got the string stuck so I have to wait until later to open it with a screwdriver. It seems to just be jammed so hopefully I'm ok? I haven't used string launchers at all up until this one so please tell me I'm in the clear lmao. I don't know what caused it, I tried to make sure not to pull the string until it doesn't give anymore so if anyone can give me an idea on that then thanks.

Likely you are ok. Sometimes the string get caught in between gears. A firm tug on the string may loosen it. If that fails, jiggle the prongs a little bit, then try to tug again. Repeat. High chance it comes off. Worst case open it up, no big deal.
It's real sparks, it's actually a good volume of sparks, and apparently it actually feels great to use.
Salt on the wound. Four screws came out nicely and three were left and one stripped. I'm ordering another one but I assume there's no way around it unless I find a way to pull them out with pliers maybe?
(Apr. 10, 2020  4:55 PM)Nawter Wrote: Salt on the wound. Four screws came out nicely and three were left and one stripped. I'm ordering another one but I assume there's no way around it unless I find a way to pull them out with pliers maybe?

You should have been able to use a regular philips head unless they use different screw this time around for the sparking string launchers.
Just found out some cool info: the only difference between the L & R launchers are the black launch parts (& gear). If I'm right: when we get the left launcher: unscrew the L nlack piece & gear, do the same for the R piece & just MAYBE you can put the R piece & gear on the bkue launcher. I think that is the difference. Then when Valkyrie comes, you can make a blue launcher
(Apr. 10, 2020  4:58 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Apr. 10, 2020  4:55 PM)Nawter Wrote: Salt on the wound. Four screws came out nicely and three were left and one stripped. I'm ordering another one but I assume there's no way around it unless I find a way to pull them out with pliers maybe?

You should have been able to use a regular philips head unless they use different screw this time around for the sparking string launchers.

You're right. I did use one, but I was referring to pliers as a way to get the stripped one out. However it took a bit to find the correct size because they're in like a circle and it's hard to reach it.

Haven't tried anything yet just screwed the ones back in and put it back in the box
(Apr. 09, 2020  9:27 PM)DinoBurst Wrote: Lack of any other way to measure the launch power, I use a relatively new Cho-Z Valkyrie with stock combo, and attempt to awaken all the 3 wings and see how easy it is.

With hard launch, I must say that sparking launcher is able to fully awaken it more consistently. Long LR Launcher is about 80% success rate with similar hard launch. For the record, short LR launcher is <50%. Did 10 launches for each launcher.

Of course if I rip it super hard I can get LR launcher to awaken it consistently too, but that is super hard launch, which puts excessive stress on LR launcher and shortens its life span.

so does that mean the new launcher has more power without ripping it hard?
(Apr. 11, 2020  3:09 PM)-Fireblaze- Wrote:
(Apr. 09, 2020  9:27 PM)DinoBurst Wrote: Lack of any other way to measure the launch power, I use a relatively new Cho-Z Valkyrie with stock combo, and attempt to awaken all the 3 wings and see how easy it is.

so does that mean the new launcher has more power without ripping it hard?

Yes, seems like most who experienced it so far reaching the conclusion that it has more power.