B-165 and B-166 New Launchers

(Jan. 28, 2020  4:54 AM)MWF Wrote: One thing that would be cool if these new launchers were kind of like DX versions with metal internals.
Would make them pricy but the durability increase would make it more cost efficient in the long run.

That may still not be in line with Takara Tomy's marketing strategy. It may provide a bit more profit for them short-term, but it would make their sales go kaput in the long run. 

Plus, it would be heavier (especially if it was LR String launcher) for the younger audience and would even put more stress onto the string/cord itself every launch. 

What would be nice is that they use the same paper material that Kiwami Japan (a youtuber who made knives out of anything on Earth) for the gears as the hardness is even tougher than metal pans and even has a lighter weight than metal. Gears that are made from tougher materials should have less wear.

Either they invest on that, or simply put bearings in the gears and shafts (for LR and L/R Long/normal String Launchers) to minimize the friction and wear.
Looked at my pic and decided to do an explanation on how LR launchers and how string launchers work in general.  With the way that TT makes their launchers, aside from the bar that they added and string length that they added to launchers, they can't really improve on the launchers unless they do a total revamp on materials or design. 

It's hard to improve upon left spin in an LR launcher at this point unless they create an LR launcher with a flipped internal coil scheme (I once did this to a R string launcher to turn it into an L string launcher).  The reason why left launches on a lot of the older LR string launchers fail/skip teeth, especially the Hasbro LR string launcher, is because left spin utilizes 1 less gear and that one less gear is a big gear inside the launcher.  There's no space to add two bigger gears or make the main left spinning gear bigger unless the shell or size is overhauled.

For L launchers and R launchers, something that TT could but probably won't do, is create the internals like the LR launcher with 3 gears (single direction string launchers use 2 big gears) but the issue is that 1: it would require more parts/expenses, 2: have more areas for failure/breakage and 3: would require a redesign to fit said parts because of the current shell.  Takara Tomy probably won't change the materials for the internals like change the plastic to metal because it doesn't make sense cost-wise and resource-wise.

These new launchers probably won't be a huge improvement over the other ones aside from maybe color choices, as making them vastly improved would require big changes and/or more expensive materials.  

Pic of how LR launchers work (excuse my mouse-writing):
[Image: 72gzvVP.jpg]

Edit: Edited image for clarification
(Jan. 28, 2020  5:31 AM)BreakerDS Wrote: Looked at my pic and decided to do an explanation on how LR launchers and how string launchers work in general.  With the way that TT makes their launchers, aside from the bar that they added and string length that they added to launchers, they can't really improve on the launchers unless they do a total revamp on materials or design. 

It's hard to improve upon left spin in an LR launcher at this point unless they create an LR launcher with a flipped internal coil scheme (I once did this to a R string launcher to turn it into an L string launcher).  The reason why left launches on a lot of the older LR string launchers fail/skip teeth, especially the Hasbro LR string launcher, is because left spin utilizes 1 less gear and that one less gear is a big gear inside the launcher.  There's no space to add two bigger gears or make the main left spinning gear bigger unless the shell or size is overhauled.

For L launchers and R launchers, something that TT could but probably won't do, is create the internals like the LR launcher with 3 gears (single direction string launchers use 2 big gears) but the issue is that 1: it would require more parts/expenses, 2: have more areas for failure/breakage and 3: would require a redesign to fit said parts because of the current shell.  Takara Tomy probably won't change the materials for the internals like change the plastic to metal because it doesn't make sense cost-wise and resource-wise.

These new launchers probably won't be a huge improvement over the other ones aside from maybe color choices, as making them vastly improved would require big changes and/or more expensive materials.  

Pic of how LR launchers work (excuse my mouse-writing):
[Image: dhmd4vQ.jpg]

Nice explanation, while I think this may be more of an aside in terms of how TT should be improving on the durability of their Launchers for the 5th Season (unless they do a regress and everything becomes lighter instead around Dual and God Layer weights).

Just an added input though, the gear that also spins but you have labeled as "serves no purpose", is what makes everything come together smoothly (apart from the aesthetics of that black and white alternating wheel-thing that you see "blinking" whenever you pull or push in the cord/string). I may try removing that part to see how much of an improvement it would be, but I think it was used to make the string not tangle itself during rewinds.
(Jan. 28, 2020  6:01 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: Just an added input though, the gear that also spins but you have labeled as "serves no purpose", is what makes everything come together smoothly (apart from the aesthetics of that black and white alternating wheel-thing that you see "blinking" whenever you pull or push in the cord/string). I may try removing that part to see how much of an improvement it would be, but I think it was used to make the string not tangle itself during rewinds.

Clarification: It serves no purpose in that spin alignment (which is why it is only highlighted in blue and the small gear on the other side in red).  It has a job in Right Spin, serves as an accessory gear in left spin.
Hopefully by "New" this means they have even wonkier aesthetics. Otherwise, I'd very much like revamped and more durable existing Bey Launchers.
(Feb. 03, 2020  7:07 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: Hopefully by "New" this means they have even wonkier aesthetics. Otherwise, I'd very much like revamped and more durable existing Bey Launchers.

I hope they drop the whole 8-shaped ratchet design that allows a launcher to click.

I understand that it levels the playing field between players and avoids breaking layers by limiting the amount of force and RPM you can get from the launcher before it skips, but it wears down fairly quickly.
(Feb. 03, 2020  7:29 AM)eigerblade Wrote:
(Feb. 03, 2020  7:07 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: Hopefully by "New" this means they have even wonkier aesthetics. Otherwise, I'd very much like revamped and more durable existing Bey Launchers.

I hope they drop the whole 8-shaped ratchet design that allows a launcher to click.

I understand that it levels the playing field between players and avoids breaking layers by limiting the amount of force and RPM you can get from the launcher before it skips, but it wears down fairly quickly.

I dunno, I mean those things have also been in the launchers of the OG Plastic era, (which I have been putting masking tape onto to make it stick a bit more for better pull power to higher RPM output. 

I think that exists to lessen the stress on the gears internally especially since the maximum weight a Bey can be has become quite cumbersome for the launchers nowadays, but unless they make the actual gears more durable/metallic to carry the burden, the 8-shaped ratchet thing will probably remain in their designs. 

In case they try metallic gears, they better get rip-proof strings that are still as smooth and soft to touch as before, otherwise it might be used for unspeakable non-child activities to harm other human beings (if it was steel or similar), and it would probably affect how easily and effectively string launchers can rewind the string. Then again, it'd bump up the price to greater heights and would probably cost more than buying their current ones by the bulk.
(Feb. 03, 2020  7:56 AM)Rouzuke Wrote:
(Feb. 03, 2020  7:29 AM)eigerblade Wrote: I hope they drop the whole 8-shaped ratchet design that allows a launcher to click.

I dunno, I mean those things have also been in the launchers of the OG Plastic era, (which I have been putting masking tape onto to make it stick a bit more for better pull power to higher RPM output. 

Ah yes, a lot of players in my group also repairs the 8-shaped ratchet using masking tape too. (Not sure about the legality of it though so I personally avoid doing that to my launchers).

A lot of kids here like to click their launchers when thry attach the bey, so anytime the group gathers we have to bring screwdrivers and masking tape to help repair their launchers while repeating a PSA to the kids. ("Remember kids, even in the Anime Valt never clicks his launcher").

Anyway, I sincerely hope the next launchers are a whole new design instead of a recolor, but I'm not getting my hopes up tbh.
(Feb. 03, 2020  7:29 AM)eigerblade Wrote:

I think the whole point of the mechanism is to allow the Bey to be released from the launcher smoothly rather than getting stuck, like what happens with lopsided or heavy Beys on one of those blue Hasbro launchers. The RPM thing is just a side effect of this mechanism.
based on the leaks and teasers, a new launcher design seems pretty likely. The next season will be called Beyblade Burst Sparking, and the new launchers would have sparks when you pull. It seems to be only a visual gimmick so far.

https://imgur.com/a/Ow3BX2Y
It will probably be a screen or some electric boost for the launcher not actual sparks
(Feb. 13, 2020  6:34 PM)MasterOfTheSky Wrote: It will probably be a screen or some electric boost for the launcher not actual sparks

It’s Actual Sparks...
(Feb. 13, 2020  6:57 PM)ReekoBlader Wrote:
(Feb. 13, 2020  6:34 PM)MasterOfTheSky Wrote: It will probably be a screen or some electric boost for the launcher not actual sparks

It’s Actual Sparks...
If you know how sparks are made you would know it really can't be actual sparks
(Feb. 13, 2020  6:57 PM)ReekoBlader Wrote:

It’s Actual Sparks...

Sure Hasbro is not gonna do that then 

Fire Sparks is dangerous so lol
(Feb. 13, 2020  7:04 PM)Requim Wrote:
(Feb. 13, 2020  6:57 PM)ReekoBlader Wrote: It’s Actual Sparks...

Yes I know how sparks are made.. apparently you lack understanding of the process... I’m also under the impression that you haven’t seen the photo of the launcher in action... have you ever used a lighter? It’s the same process
It’s completely possible to have sparks in this..
I’ve had an hotwheel track set that had this same gimmick, and it was completely safe to play

(Feb. 13, 2020  7:04 PM)Requim Wrote:
(Feb. 13, 2020  6:57 PM)ReekoBlader Wrote: It’s Actual Sparks...

Yes I know how sparks are made.. apparently you lack understanding of the process... I’m also under the impression that you haven’t seen the photo of the launcher in action... have you ever used a lighter? It’s the same process.  all u need is flint and a grinding wheel..
I’ve had an hotwheel track set that had this same gimmick, and it was completely safe to play

Whoops... posted this twice
(Feb. 13, 2020  8:08 PM)ReekoBlader Wrote:
(Feb. 13, 2020  7:04 PM)Requim Wrote: If you know how sparks are made you would know it really can't be actual sparks

Yes I know how sparks are made.. apparently you lack understanding of the process... I’m also under the impression that you haven’t seen the photo of the launcher in action... have you ever used a lighter? It’s the same process

(Feb. 13, 2020  7:04 PM)Requim Wrote: If you know how sparks are made you would know it really can't be actual sparks

Yes I know how sparks are made.. apparently you lack understanding of the process... I’m also under the impression that you haven’t seen the photo of the launcher in action... have you ever used a lighter? It’s the same process.  all u need is flint and a grinding wheel..

Whoops... posted this twice
I still feel like they wouldn't do that

Since apparently everyone has forgotten the past, may as well refer back to it to gain some insight on this gimmick, haha. 

Since these sparks were considered safe enough for battle back then, I'm sure it'll be fine for it to spark within the confines of the clear plastic part of the Launcher. Likely not a fire hazard. Honestly the sparking launcher sounds a lot cooler than a sparking bey, mostly bc sparking beys are entirely useless due to how the gimmick works. Since Brave Valkyrie and the leaked beys don't have the same kind of free-spinning appearance on the outer ring, I think we're safe a potential horror of a season consisting entirely of Spark Dragons lmao
(Feb. 13, 2020  9:38 PM)MasterOfTheSky Wrote:
(Feb. 13, 2020  8:08 PM)ReekoBlader Wrote:

I still feel like they wouldn't do that

Well... although you may think that they won’t do that..  the photo of the launcher, which u can find in the rumors & new releases thread clearly shows that 
They DID.
(Feb. 13, 2020  10:33 PM)ReekoBlader Wrote:
(Feb. 13, 2020  9:38 PM)MasterOfTheSky Wrote: I still feel like they wouldn't do that

Well... although you may think that they won’t do that..  the photo of the launcher, which u can find in the rumors & new releases thread clearly shows that 
They DID.

Can you send me a link
(Feb. 14, 2020  8:49 AM)MasterOfTheSky Wrote:
(Feb. 13, 2020  10:33 PM)ReekoBlader Wrote: Well... although you may think that they won’t do that..  the photo of the launcher, which u can find in the rumors & new releases thread clearly shows that 
They DID.

Can you send me a link
I unfortunately don’t know how to do that here.... but it’s in the new “beyblade burst sparking” thread.

It’s actually one of the newest posts so just go to the last page and you’ll see that and more info
(Feb. 14, 2020  2:21 PM)ReekoBlader Wrote:
(Feb. 14, 2020  8:49 AM)MasterOfTheSky Wrote: Can you send me a link
I unfortunately don’t know how to do that here.... but it’s in the new “beyblade burst sparking” thread.

It’s actually one of the newest posts so just go to the last page and you’ll see that and more info

(Feb. 14, 2020  2:21 PM)ReekoBlader Wrote:
(Feb. 14, 2020  8:49 AM)MasterOfTheSky Wrote: Can you send me a link

Thnx
If the bey launcher have spark, it most probably like kids toy gun. And when this was the gimmick, it will be not smooth as previous launcher and what would happen if the thing that cause the spark inside the launcher finish?
Hey can someone tell me how much does this spark launcher r cost