B-165 and B-166 New Launchers

I got mine 4 days ago; it jammed after about 11 minutes of use (seemingly because I wasn't launching straight like the packaging advised) and noticed that the string was caught in the top section. An easy fix to say the least. Other than that, I can confirm that the Sparking Launcher doesn't actually need a fast launch to get the same power as a LR launcher due to the fiction from the gritty area that releases the sparks. Definitely worth obtaining if you get the chance to!
(Apr. 11, 2020  3:36 PM)DinoBurst Wrote:
(Apr. 11, 2020  3:09 PM)-Fireblaze- Wrote: so does that mean the new launcher has more power without ripping it hard?

Yes, seems like most who experienced it so far reaching the conclusion that it has more power.

I can confirm this. Even with heavy Sparking and GT beys, I can get the same power as the L/R long launchers with basically no effort. Don't even use all the string most of the time.

Fair warning though: Launching too much harder than preexisting launchers will make things tough to control, even on usually stationary drivers like Revolve.

(Apr. 12, 2020  6:39 PM)SOUL- Wrote: I got mine 4 days ago; it jammed after about 11 minutes of use (seemingly because I wasn't launching straight like the packaging advised) and noticed that the string was caught in the top section. An easy fix to say the least. Other than that, I can confirm that the Sparking Launcher doesn't actually need a fast launch to get the same power as a LR launcher due to the fiction from the gritty area that releases the sparks. Definitely worth obtaining if you get the chance to!

I do notice the string sometimes gets caught on other launcher parts, but that's not really a problem. Stuff like that happens to basically any self-retracting system. Heck, my household vacuum cleaner keeps getting its cord caught on stuff in the same manner.
My B-166 has a missing sparking flint. Only 1 flint instead of 2. The other slot is empty, no flint. Still can spark as there is 1 functional flint, but still very unhappy.

Anyone has same problem?
(May. 09, 2020  5:17 PM)DinoBurst Wrote: My B-166 has a missing sparking flint. Only 1 flint instead of 2. The other slot is empty, no flint. Still can spark as there is 1 functional flint, but still very unhappy.

Anyone has same problem?

Man, that’s a bummer. Haven’t heard that issue before. I’ve got 2 red & 2 blue spark launchers with no problems.
Kinda had a feeling this would happen, luckily I didn’t buy one. Hopefully if they make a sparking lr(which they probably will because Spriggan and Diabolos) hopefully it can last better
Is their performance (launch power, control, durability,) on par with the LR string launchers found in Cho-Z Achilles and Master Diabolos?
Are they better or worse?
(May. 10, 2020  3:53 AM)ReekoBlader Wrote: Is their performance (launch power, control, durability,) on par with the LR string launchers found in Cho-Z Achilles and Master Diabolos?
Cho-Z Achilles didn’t have the best durability in the launcher. Mine broke in right spin in 3 days, and left spin in 5.
(May. 10, 2020  3:57 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(May. 10, 2020  3:53 AM)ReekoBlader Wrote: Is their performance (launch power, control, durability,) on par with the LR string launchers found in Cho-Z Achilles and Master Diabolos?
Cho-Z Achilles didn’t have the best durability in the launcher. Mine broke in right spin in 3 days, and left spin in 5.

Lol that is true... my Cho-Z Achilles launcher started derping up around my 3rd launch.
Mine broke in the first day
Finally got around to fixing my first one that I said was broken.. now I have two. Is there a certain amount of times you should twist the coil? Thanks.

Edit to show the inside of how it should look:

https://i.imgur.com/dFZsHDC.jpg

I used one of those phone wall chargers to twist the coil, worked pretty well honestly but a flathead should work the best.

Very similar, but I'd say a bit more power than my MDII launcher.  You're pulling the sparking disc as well, so it's designed to take more tension.  It is different in that it retracts slower for the same reason with the disc turning back, but launching is fine.    

I mostly noticed this testing beys by myself.  With the good l/r's you pull and it winds back more quickly, setting up the next launch faster.  The sparking ones are more 'weighty' on the pull and slower on the retraction thus it takes a bit longer to self-launch a couple of beys back to back.

One of our R's jammed on the first day when I was testing it upside down (wanted to see if the flints still contacted the disc).  It was easy to open and rewind the string to the correct area.

Overall, I'd say these are an upgrade and are pretty cool to use.  My boys love the sparks.  No regrets.  We have 3 of each (1 of each for each of us) and they are all currently working as expected and they feel like they'll last a long time.  Self-repair was straight forward if necessary so I would not hesitate based on the potential for an occasional jam.