Awakened parts, how to know if it’s llegal or illegal

So I had a conversation with one of my friends a couple days ago and he brought up the subject of awakening drivers and if it’s llegal or not, then I came up with a way to find out if it’s illegal or not and yeah. 

So for any driver that is not originally flat (flat drivers meaning stuff like volcanic) then it shouldn’t be completely flat. So take a driver, say the zone’+z driver. If it stands up completely straight on a flat surface, it’s completely flat and illegal. If you take the rise driver and place it on a table and it’s completely straight up without tilting on its ridge, illegal. But if the drivers are not completely flat then they are obviously llegal. For drivers that are exceptions, you should be able to tell with the naked eye if it’s llegal or not.
This isn’t what the WBO rules say. As long as the main part of the tip which comes in contact with the stadium is still the part that is coming into contact with the stadium, then it is a legal part. Parts like Ev’ and V’ have spikes that come off, but for those, as long as the red/black part is still the main part that is touching the stadium and not the structural parts, it is legal for WHO tournaments.
(Sep. 28, 2021  10:24 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: This isn’t what the WBO rules say. As long as the main part of the tip which comes in contact with the stadium is still the part that is coming into contact with the stadium, then it is a legal part. Parts like Ev’ and V’ have spikes that come off, but for those, as long as the red/black part is still the main part that is touching the stadium and not the structural parts, it is legal for WHO tournaments.

Oh! So like, for zone’+z it’s legal until the blue free-spin ring is the primary point? And for the example of rise, it’s llegal until the outer ridge is the first thing that touches the stadium?
(Sep. 28, 2021  10:40 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Sep. 28, 2021  10:24 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: This isn’t what the WBO rules say. As long as the main part of the tip which comes in contact with the stadium is still the part that is coming into contact with the stadium, then it is a legal part. Parts like Ev’ and V’ have spikes that come off, but for those, as long as the red/black part is still the main part that is touching the stadium and not the structural parts, it is legal for WHO tournaments.

Oh! So like, for zone’+z it’s legal until the blue free-spin ring is the primary point? And for the example of rise, it’s llegal until the outer ridge is the first thing that touches the stadium?

I mean, yeah, but there’s that circular shape around the tip of zone’, so if that were to be the primary point of contact, yeah, I would likely consider that illegal. Also, yes, the outer ring being the primary contact point would also make it illegal.
(Sep. 28, 2021  10:44 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Sep. 28, 2021  10:40 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: Oh! So like, for zone’+z it’s legal until the blue free-spin ring is the primary point? And for the example of rise, it’s llegal until the outer ridge is the first thing that touches the stadium?

I mean, yeah, but there’s that circular shape around the tip of zone’, so if that were to be the primary point of contact, yeah, I would likely consider that illegal. Also, yes, the outer ring being the primary contact point would also make it illegal.

That’s what I mean though. The circular part is the sharp stick thing, so once the stick gets worn down to being completely flat the circle part of the stick is the primary contact point. It’s like a pencil, but backwards. Imagine a pencil that’s completely sharpened, that’s similiar to a legal driver. When the pencil is all the way down until it hasn’t been sharpened, it’s flat and illegal. Ok bad example but you know what I mean.
(Sep. 28, 2021  10:10 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: So I had a conversation with one of my friends a couple days ago and he brought up the subject of awakening drivers and if it’s llegal or not, then I came up with a way to find out if it’s illegal or not and yeah. 

So for any driver that is not originally flat (flat drivers meaning stuff like volcanic) then it shouldn’t be completely flat. So take a driver, say the zone’+z driver. If it stands up completely straight on a flat surface, it’s completely flat and illegal. If you take the rise driver and place it on a table and it’s completely straight up without tilting on its ridge, illegal. But if the drivers are not completely flat then they are obviously llegal. For drivers that are exceptions, you should be able to tell with the naked eye if it’s llegal or not.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mbjw...mdvwnvsz1h

Page 5
(Sep. 28, 2021  11:46 PM)Cindercast Wrote:
(Sep. 28, 2021  10:10 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: So I had a conversation with one of my friends a couple days ago and he brought up the subject of awakening drivers and if it’s llegal or not, then I came up with a way to find out if it’s illegal or not and yeah. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mbjw...mdvwnvsz1h

Page 5

Ah! Ok the “including to the point until changes in performance” makes me understand it now. Thanks! I guess that should’ve been my first thought, to go to the rulebook.